Quantcast
NAMM: M-audio M-Track range of audio interfaces - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM: M-audio M-Track range of audio interfaces
Old 10th March 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I know these things aren't any great shakes, but I'm kind of excited for them. I've been using a Fast Track Mk II with Sonar X1 Essentials. I haven't needed much in the way of inputs, just the one mic and one input for my guitar has been enough. I'd like more ins and outs because I'm going to be working with a friend who has a nice acoustic drum set and we want to try Recorderman + close mics on the snare/kick. An M-Track Quad would be a big step up for me, and he's kind of computer illiterate so it's really up to me to capture it myself. I bought a Tascam US-800 a while back and returned it. Very unstable drivers - every time I plugged it into my laptop I had to reinstall the driver to get it to work with ASIO. That lasted about 3 days before I said "enough of this crap" and sent it back. The other option appears to be a Fast Track C600, and I wonder how long it is for this world now that M-Audio has been sold to inMusic. It still doesn't have official Windows 8 drivers, and I'd hate to have problems with Win8 on my new Lenovo laptop right out of the gate.
📝 Reply