NAMM: Electro Harmonix 45000 Multi-Track Looping Recorder - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM: Electro Harmonix 45000 Multi-Track Looping Recorder
Old 23rd January 2013
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Hardware NAMM: Electro Harmonix 45000 Multi-Track Looping Recorder

Electro Harmonix 45000 Multi-Track Looping Recorder

Electro Harmonix proudly presents the 45000 a powerful Looper that combines the familiar controls of a multi-track digital recorder with state-of-the-art features, making it possible to create complex multi-track loops quickly and easily.

As Looping has become more and more popular Electro Harmonix has decided to put its own spin on the ever popular effect.
With the 45000 each loop has four mono tracks and one stereo mixdown track.

The EHX 45000 records non-compressed, 44.1 kHz / 16-bit CD quality audio direct to a removable SDHC card (4 to 32GB). Each card can hold up to 100 individual loops accessed with the optional 45000 Foot Controller (sold separately).

The Loop speed is adjustable over a two octave range.
Reverse recording and playback are also possible.
For extra convenience there's a built-in metronome to a separate Monitor Out, there's even a Headphone Out also included.

Combining the build quality synonymous with Electro Harmonix and stylish looks this pedal will be a formidable addition to any guitarist's rig.

Link : EHX.com | 45000_ - Multi-Track Looping Recorder | Electro-Harmonix
Old 23rd January 2013
t_d
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
oh man... how disappointing. this was potentially my #1 namm hope.. for a new 2880... and i dont' see anything different from this and the 2880 except it's a bit thinner.. and maybe some specs-on-paper differences. otherwise...

the 2880 was, and still is, a great looper, but i was hoping they'd take it to the next level with this... like asynchronous loops, (much) smaller form factor, etc.

hmmm
Old 23rd January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_d ➑️
like asynchronous loops,
yep, that's #1 on my wishlist for a looper too and the main reason I sold my 2880.
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
what are asynchronous loops?
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
loops of different lengths
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I loved the 2880 but got rid of it because having a separate foot controller was too kludgey.

From what i can see they switched to SD, and now you can store loops. :( I'm keeping my Boomerang III.
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by initialsBB ➑️
loops of different lengths
ah ok so like a 16th hi hat with a 2bar beat loop? that kinda thing?

does the first loop you record set the length for all the other loops?
t_d
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
yes, first loop determines all loop lengths.

and, yeah, the ability to mix different timed loops to get phasing patterns and ever-evolving collages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiboko ➑️

Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiboko ➑️

No asynchronous means totally independent, like: one loop is 2 seconds, another is 1.3 seconds, another is 5.8 seconds etc. so they they are all independently looping.

What you are describing is a a multiply feature which the Boomerang III and Infinity Looper both have.

I can't remember if first loop sets the length on the 2880. I think in quantize mode it does but best to check the manual to be sure.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
this is exactly the same as the 2880. come on EH, this could have been so much better... or just reissue the 2880 so expectations are flat. it was a terrific looper.
Old 28th January 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by idealflaw ➑️
this is exactly the same as the 2880. come on EH, this could have been so much better... or just reissue the 2880 so expectations are flat. it was a terrific looper.
As a heavy 2880 user, the 45000 is actually NOT exactly the same as the previous box. They addressed two of my largest gripes:

1. Multiple loops on the same card (the old one did one loop per card, no matter how large), and much more importantly,

2. The clix out a separate monitor output. Among other things, I use it in a live jazz setting. It's super-important to be able to send the drummer the click and the 100% wet looper feed - we're not playing pop tunes, so it's much more difficult to create loops in that context.

It's a ton more usable now, and I'll be picking one up stat.

S..

P.S. controlling the 2880 via the hardware footswitch has a bunch of latency - it triggers immediately over MIDI though. It will be interesting to see if the 45000 has the same problem.
Old 21st May 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiral ➑️
I'm keeping my Boomerang III.
Hello Spiral, I am trying to sell my Boomerang 3 to a guy who would rather buy the 45000.
He is convinced that it has got 4 separate loops but as far as I know it can run just one loop at a time, just with 4 tracks (I am not sure what is the difference though).
Could you help me in understanding what the Rang3 can do that the 45000 cannot and vice versa?
Old 21st May 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr53rg10 ➑️
Hello Spiral, I am trying to sell my Boomerang 3 to a guy who would rather buy the 45000.
He is convinced that it has got 4 separate loops but as far as I know it can run just one loop at a time, just with 4 tracks (I am not sure what is the difference though).
Could you help me in understanding what the Rang3 can do that the 45000 cannot and vice versa?
Both pedals have essentially 4 tracks. In the case of the Boomerang, you have to use up the "Bonus" slot to get all 4 loop switches, otherwise the default is 3 (the 4th switch being the "Bonus" reverse, stop, etc).

The Boomerang approaches each switch as a loop in a way that is much more flexible:
  1. "Free" mode which is all 4 loops are completely independent and you can start and stop them from each switch. You could have 1 loop that is 10 minutes, one loop that is 20 seconds, and they will play independently. Ambient lover's dream.
  2. "Sync free" lets you start with loop 3, then all the other loops will all match the length of that. you can start and stop any of them independently.
  3. "Serial" is you have independent-length loops that can play only one at a time, so you can play loop 1, then press switch 2 and loop 2 will play when 1 is done. this is great for practicing if you have an A and B part of a song.
  4. "Serial sync" is having a master loop on 3, but only loop 1 or 2 will play over it. So you can play loop 1, then play loop 2 after 1 has finished all while 3 is looping.

That probably sounds confusing in text but is easy to understand when using the Boomerang. I find it equally useful for practicing (serial) or creating layers of sound (sync free).

I prefer the Boomerang's direct start / stop for each loop, vs. the EH's version of 1 loop with 4 tracks. You can start/stop tracks on the EH but you need a midi foot pedal like the Behringer FCB1010 which is larger than 5 Boomerangs combined. It also needs to be programmed. I also like the all-in-one design of the B III vs. the large external remote of the EH. This is all personal preference of course but the Boomerang is much more flexible for my needs and only takes up 1/3rd of my tiny pedal board. It is probably the guitar tool i use the most.

Let me know if that answers your question.
Old 22nd May 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Mmm, maybe it does, but I did not understand one thing about the 45000: the four tracks must have same length?
If for example I record 16 sec on track one, and 8 sec on track two, track two will play twice while track one plays once, or track two will play for 8 sec and be silent for 8 second to match the 16 sec of track one?
Old 22nd May 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr53rg10 ➑️
Mmm, maybe it does, but I did not understand one thing about the 45000: the four tracks must have same length?
If for example I record 16 sec on track one, and 8 sec on track two, track two will play twice while track one plays once, or track two will play for 8 sec and be silent for 8 second to match the 16 sec of track one?
This was answered earlier in the thread. What you are describing is a multiply feature which the 2880 (and presumably the 45000) doesn't have. The first loop determines the length for all subsequent loops, so in that regard, the 2880 has 1 loop with four layers / tracks.

The Boomerang can loop even divisions of your loops: ie. you can have a loop that is two bars, and a loop that is four bars, and the two bar loop will play twice for every single pass of the four bar loop. It's automagic. The Infinity also has multiply but you set the multiple ahead of time with a switch.
πŸ“ Reply