Quantcast
Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48) - Page 9 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48)
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist ➑️
This comment is not directed toward anyone in particular. I've noticed several times recently that the most recent comment in one of these reverb threads was about a reverb or reverbs other than the subject (on KVR, too). Earlier, I think all four or five of them were. I know there's a lot of comparing going on, and it's unusual to have so many out at once, but it's getting a little ridiculous. Regarding reverbs in mixes, surely it's a matter of task, taste and material. Similarly, I like red cars the best, because they are not blue, and seem to go faster in the rain. Anyway, which reverb(s) is(are) this thread about? Oh, yeah. I like 'em.
Absolutely! Can't get more subjective than with a reverb. The only time a reverb is truly, by definition horrible, is if it has tons of resonance buildup / weird ringing modes.. but even then it can be used as a special effect.

So, yeah, you are spot on. It's futile to say that one reverb is better than the other. But one can state WHY one reverb works better than another in any given situation. An unobtrusive, very clean and "invisible" reverb may well be usable in more situations than one with a lot of color and attitude. It's all a learning and experimentation process. Greatly helped by the various discussions on these forums.

Reverb in general has only recently come of age in the box. Not that many years ago we didn't really have that many good choices compared to out of the box stuff. Now we have more than ever before and at a higher quality than ever before. It's great mixing in the box!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic ➑️
I also couldn't get Vroom to work as a snare "filler" type reverb, where you don't really hear the reverb but rather just makes the snare sound bigger and more centered in the mix.

bManic
Agreed, I find V3 is better at that
A.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Interesting.. what genre of music do you find this to be the case for. Or is it with any source?

I seem to use Vroom quite a lot when I have purely synthesized stuff going on, especially if they are well controlled and "behave" well (smooth frequency response, no wild resonances) but with live instruments, especially sharp things like slightly wonky recordings of violins or reeds just don't work for me. I also couldn't get Vroom to work as a snare "filler" type reverb, where you don't really hear the reverb but rather just makes the snare sound bigger and more centered in the mix.

I did however use it for the snare + kick + overheads as a "fake" room as I was missing the typical real room microphones in this project. Worked extremely well for that.

Cheers!
bManic
Mainly dance music. However, I recently mixed a children's album and my feelings were the same as what I posted previously.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Interesting.. what genre of music do you find this to be the case for. Or is it with any source?

I seem to use Vroom quite a lot when I have purely synthesized stuff going on, especially if they are well controlled and "behave" well (smooth frequency response, no wild resonances) but with live instruments, especially sharp things like slightly wonky recordings of violins or reeds just don't work for me. I also couldn't get Vroom to work as a snare "filler" type reverb, where you don't really hear the reverb but rather just makes the snare sound bigger and more centered in the mix.

I did however use it for the snare + kick + overheads as a "fake" room as I was missing the typical real room microphones in this project. Worked extremely well for that.

Cheers!
bManic

Yeah, for realistic reverbs that sit nicely in a mix with no effort, Altiverb is still king for me.
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
can you get multi licenses if you buy Reverb Classics online?

i wanna use it on 2-3 computers.. possible?
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
The NI license lets you install on 2 computers at once (though you can install on more, it just technically isn't covered by the license. I had some fx on 3 machines for a bit). But you can only use it 1 machine at a time. Would that work for you?
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturtlemafia ➑️
The NI license lets you install on 2 computers at once (though you can install on more, it just technically isn't covered by the license. I had some fx on 3 machines for a bit). But you can only use it 1 machine at a time. Would that work for you?
ok, I have 3 setups, 2 in my studion and 1 on my macbook. maschine and komplete 7 and some extra NI stuff installed on all 3. if I buy this reverb I need to have access to it on all computers...
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
yes you can but not all at the same time .... only 2 at the same time ....lol (or 1 don't recall well )
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU ➑️
Demoing the RC24. Loving the really lush halls it can make so far!
could not make them work...not signal.
Old 5th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I'm hoping for a picture of an Ursa Major SpaceStation to complete my collection of emulations, of emulations.
That and a 960L so I can pretend I have twice as many 480Ls.
I have a picture of a Fender Twin Reverb I use on the picture of a Gibson 101E Combo Organ for when I want that Doors Organ sound, even though it sounds nothing like the Organ or the Twin, but the pictures justify the high prices I charge my clients, and many come to my massive mastering facility in my bedroom and demand to see all of the pictures of real hardware I have before agreeing I have enough pictures to get the gig.
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
hahahahahahahaa
Great post.
Old 6th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsterjim ➑️
That and a 960L so I can pretend I have twice as many 480Ls..
An awful lot of posts here indicating that a picture of the 960 is not as good as two pictures of a 480. Your resolution may vary.

-Casey
Old 6th February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsterjim ➑️
I'm hoping for a picture of an Ursa Major SpaceStation to complete my collection of emulations, of emulations.
That and a 960L so I can pretend I have twice as many 480Ls.
I have a picture of a Fender Twin Reverb I use on the picture of a Gibson 101E Combo Organ for when I want that Doors Organ sound, even though it sounds nothing like the Organ or the Twin, but the pictures justify the high prices I charge my clients, and many come to my massive mastering facility in my bedroom and demand to see all of the pictures of real hardware I have before agreeing I have enough pictures to get the gig.
Old 11th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
These are awesome reverbs. They certainly have a thing to them
Old 12th February 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
just tried the plugins, and they have a nice sound.
Old 15th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Anyone using these after weeks of release? How's everyone liking them?

Just loaded the RC24 demo myself after a month and was quite impressed again. The RC24 is really nice one.
Old 15th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years

Just loaded the RC24 demo myself after a month and was quite impressed again. The RC24 is really nice one.
Old 15th March 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Because of Casey's feedback, I purchased them and lovin' em'!

I have most of the other heavy hitter Verbage plugz and these are right up there at the top!

I really get the vibe that I'm hearing the "real thing" when using them!

And how can ya go wrong with Softube at the helm!

Two thumbs up on these babies!
Old 15th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
They have replaced LXP and a few others as my first all Reverbs.....
so definitely still loving mine..
rsp
Old 16th March 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
FYI, NI now states that you can install on up to 3 computers, as long as you use only one at a time.

They must have changed this recently, because it definitely used to say 2 computers.
Old 16th March 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
To add a cat amongst the proverbial pigeons, I've found V3 much easier to program and sounds better in my ears. The V3 verbs sit so much better in the mix! I've demoed the NI verbs, and although they are lush verbs, ill stick with V3. I do like the GUIs in the NI ones though. I feel I can get everything I need from V3. Synth verbs, great tiles for drums and halls for vox, plus it's a quarter of the price. I don't need another Verb, dear god no!! :-)
Old 17th March 2013 | Show parent
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korgscrew ➑️
To add a cat amongst the proverbial pigeons, I've found V3 much easier to program and sounds better in my ears. The V3 verbs sit so much better in the mix! I've demoed the NI verbs, and although they are lush verbs, ill stick with V3. I do like the GUIs in the NI ones though. I feel I can get everything I need from V3. Synth verbs, great tiles for drums and halls for vox, plus it's a quarter of the price. I don't need another Verb, dear god no!! :-)
Sorry, what is V3?
Old 17th March 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years

there's 3 V so they calll V3 ....and i must confess it's easier than the orginal name
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➑️

there's 3 V so they calll V3 ....and i must confess it's easier than the orginal name
Oh, OK. Thank You.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave ➑️

Those are really great plug-ins! And the fact that they doesn't require an iLok is a big plus for me too.
Old 18th March 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
And the fact that they're stable , don't cost 500 $ , work from day one and are easy on the cpu , with no sluggish gui ...
Old 18th March 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➑️
And the fact that they're stable , don't cost 500 $ , work from day one and are easy on the cpu , with no sluggish gui ...
If you're taking a sideways kick at Relab 480, it has been stable from day one with no sluggishness and low CPU on my system.

These NI plugs have a nice sound, but they aren't the same as the Relab 480 (which seems a near perfect replica of the real 480 sound)
Old 18th March 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
it can be felt like that but it isn't

i just wanted to point out that stable plugin from day one are really rare , nope ? and fairly priced ...

i ain't discuss relab here ...but i can tell you that it's not well coded , but it sounds amazing ...
Old 26th April 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Please don't say, that Relab LX480 is a perfect copy!! I compared my original Lexicon 480L (analog with BLA Motu 192 signature converterts) with the Native instruments RC48, LX480 and Valala V3. The original 480L is a little bit wider, deeper and more realistic. It is true, that the LX480 is closer than the RC48. I personally like the RC24 more than the RC48 and I would always prefer it to UAD 224. Try to tweak the presets in RC24! Valhala V3 is for 50$ really good, but for me it is cheaper sounding than RC48/24 and LX480.

If I want realistic reverbs, I still prefer Sony DRE-S777. There is still a gap between the Sony and all of those software plugins. For cloudy vocal reverbs the 480L is better, but for realistic rooms the Sony is unmatched.
Old 26th April 2013 | Show parent
GMR
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Would you mind sharing your comparisons of Relab with your 480l so we can hear the difference ?
πŸ“ Reply