Quantcast
Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48) - Page 7 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48)
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
is it me that came and said this plugin suck this one is great this is 2D ect ?

i ain't teaching nobody , and when somebody just say that i don't know what i'm talking about , then what i'm supposed to do .??

Did i said even if i wasn't feeling your anaylisis that you skills sucks ? saying stuff like "some people just don't know isn't what" i call a cool comment ..... all i saw is arrogance , not a real wish of debat ..

Going to bed ...now ...
Old 25th January 2013
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Haha, no need to go defensive now. Everybody's words speak for themselves.

Going to bed is a good decision now; I'm following you.

PS: I still like these two babies. Sorry for the OT, folks.
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I like these plug-ins! Good sound, awesome look! What a nice collaboration NI & Softube
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
So I was liking the 24 enough to be curious about the 48 since I already own LX480 complete. I DL'd the 48 and had some A/B time on single sources soloed.

Step one, pull up a preset. The parameters between the units are almost completely identical at least for the preset I chose - medium random hall - for both instances.

Result is VERY close with the NI sounding a bit clearer and more obtrusive/noticeable. The LX480 is a bit more pillow-y, more in the background, and does seem to blend with the source just a tiny bit better, thus not being quite as noticeable....but I'd have to actually run mixes with both units to get a perfect feel for that as well as very carefully calibrate levels, although levels were DAMN close as it was.

CPU use? On my ancient Core2Duo, I'm getting 8-14% on the Relab depending on the I/O config used, and 16% on the NI.

One other slight thing: The NI plugs open very fast and their GUIs feel very snappy, responsive and accurate. The Relab is a bit slower to open, and toggling the plug within the DAW is also a bit sluggish when working.

It's late and me and my ears are tired, but the NI sounds very credible and the difference between the plugs may be in the margin of the variance between 2 different hardware units.

All in all, it's a great time to be ITB!
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
**** it, there's no tail width control
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley ➑️

All in all, it's a great time to be ITB!
So true, if you compare with the situation only three years back, its quite amazing tbh.

And the NIs verbs sound nice imho.
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It would be nice know what material people are testing these reverbs with. Some try with drums, some with piano, some horns and some vocs. What works with synths on the otherhand could be completely different scenario.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
purchased... sounds amazing on EDM drums. Easy to dial in. no issues in S1 so far
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkey ➑️
Well I really enjoyed the LX480 also. It's a close match to be honest. I will probably end up getting all three! I just found the LX480 to be more forward sounding for a lack of better words. Yes strong character. Like putting a silk sheet over the source. A classy sheen we have become accustomed to hear on many records.
Wheareas the exponential is bigger than life but in a more natural way... more modern. R2 is in between LX480 and the Phoenix sheen wise.

haha yes , i really feel the same funny.. i would like all 3 too .
for electronica i enjoyed a bit more the lx480, find it more suited for me.

synths plugins sounding already modern the more transparent sound of the exponential audio that sound great but more vanilla don't really enhance the sound as much to me , i also enjoy to have many settings like on the lx but if i could i would get these 3 reverbs
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Definitely going to try these, if they're as good as the VC2A and the VC76 I'll have to buy them for sure. I find myself using Plate reverbs most of the time so I wonder how I'll get along with these!
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbientMonkey ➑️
**** it, there's no tail width control
try depth on the 24 .....if i recall well ...not sure i saw it on 480
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave ➑️
It would be nice know what material people are testing these reverbs with. Some try with drums, some with piano, some horns and some vocs. What works with synths on the otherhand could be completely different scenario.
Good question , in person here's what i did

First when i do A/B (let's say Relab versus V3) : i used them on buses , 2 buses and make sends from the same material and switch form one to another but only hearing the revereb not the source : this way alows me to really appreciate the density , modulation, dephth/widness , color ..ect ....

Then i test with the source material : the blend , most of the time i use short percurssive source , this way your ear and brain can pick several rerefernce points easily , and switching after every snare hit for exemple gives a real open windows on what's happening

I end up with complex material like arpeggio , synths , vocals ect .....(djembe play loop in this case was obvious )

I also had the same feeling as Kyle the NI were perceived a little more upfront than the relab , this could be why some label them 2D because they're closer to the source so you lose some depth but it's really tiny, tiny ...
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➑️

Give those to Pensado , Puig, Maserati ...and see if they will have a 2D mix

)
Et voilΓ !
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Just to relax ...totally of topic ...before beginning my work today

some time a lot of talking is not so necessary (keep this in your mind Zo , ....lol yep i talk to myself )

Have a good day all GS members ..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I also had the same feeling as Kyle the NI were perceived a little more upfront than the relab , this could be why some label them 2D because they're closer to the source so you lose some depth but it's really tiny, tiny ...
This is a much more important difference when you are using little or no predelay - this is why I chose to get the Relab even though I wasn't really looking for a new verb - the blend with the source is the best I have heard in this scenario - VVV and RC48 sound "harder" to me and separated from the treated sound.

The Relab can act like a 3D panner where the verb is invisible - it just sits perfectly for this job.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Good question , in person here's what i did

yeah it s this but it s not really tiny from my test, it's can be a huge difference (but it could be how i set the reverbs )

some itb mix lack of real depth /3d and the Ni verbs sound like it won't really help,these sound great but this is really a big problem for itb producers if the verb don't bring real depth as itb mixs tend to sound 2d (2d often associated with plugins sound too and the Ni are right there from my little test, but it could be me.. need more testing )
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_Abstract ➑️
yeah it s this but it s not really tiny from my test, it's can be a huge difference (could be how i set the reverbs but my aim was to get it close to the lx480..)

some itb mix lack of real depth /3d and the Ni verbs sound like it won't really help,these sound great but this is really a big problem for itb producers if the verb don't bring real depth as itb mixs tend to sound 2d (2d often associated with plugins sound too and the Ni are right there from my little test, but it could be me.. need more testing )
Well i might retry them today if time alows ...but any way i like to play with DrMS on verbs to get that 4D !!! and also make room for sounds and keep reverb on Pan and just a litlle bit in center ....

The relab was exellent in this area , i remember ...really opening space around ...not adding sounds ...(don't know if i'm clear lol )
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
it's maybe how i set the reverbs i don't know..user error, it s like everything is in front but behind there is nothing,it don't add depth to the sound ,it sounded a bit flat, it was similar with vintage verb and vroom if i remember.

i use good headphone to test i feel like it helps but maybe it's the problem.. who know .
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Just to relax ...totally of topic ...before beginning my work today

some time a lot of talking is not so necessary (keep this in your mind Zo , ....lol yep i talk to myself )

Have a good day all GS members ..
Thanks - better than a coffee! Great vibe
Hi, I made a simple comparison of 4 new reverb plugins hall algos here. I used SampleModeling The Trumpet as a source. This trumpet was recorded in anechoic chamber so it's nice for comparing space effects.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-...mpet-hall.html

Have fun! Can you guess which is which?
Old 26th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
One other slight thing: The NI plugs open very fast and their GUIs feel very snappy, responsive and accurate. The Relab is a bit slower to open, and toggling the plug within the DAW is also a bit sluggish when working.

I wouldn't be surprised if the slow opening is a product of the iLok2. I think all sorts of checks go on when an iLok2 based plugin first opens.
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
check memory it takes , some plugins are hard on ram ....ilok is a source of slowness to for sure ...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey MTC ➑️
I wouldn't be surprised if the slow opening is a product of the iLok2. I think all sorts of checks go on when an iLok2 based plugin first opens.
I do believe you are right. I don't hate iLok...in some ways I like it....but I do hates me some sluggishness
Old 26th January 2013
Deleted User #106149
Disappointed considering the hype on this thread, the lexicon pcm absolutely kills these on more modern music imo. Haven't tested it on classical music yet though.

Sent from my HTC Desire
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Well I'm not disappointed. I like these verbs and purchased them. They are significantly less than the pcm bundle. Worth the $199 as far as I'm concerned.
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I do believe you are right. I don't hate iLok...in some ways I like it....but I do hates me some sluggishness

You guys are funny, iLok 2 has nothing to do with it.

I have 200 plugins on my ilok2 and they all open at different speeds.

8-)
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcb123 ➑️
Disappointed considering the hype on this thread, the lexicon pcm absolutely kills these on more modern music imo. Haven't tested it on classical music yet though.

Sent from my HTC Desire
you should have a look at the blind test thread ....fun !!

I still prefer the pcm but the marging is marginal !!!

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-...mpet-hall.html
GMR
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcb123 ➑️

Sent from my HTC Desire

I feel exactly the same way, but the other way around !!!! I'm blown by the sound of relab and Ni , Pcm never blended as well as these imo.
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Guyz , do you have the info , is it an intro price , if yes what is the regular one ?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe ➑️
Though these sound good, they don't do the "I have never a reverb do this ITB before" like the Relab does for me...
That's a very good way to describe the Relab.
πŸ“ Reply