Quantcast
Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48) - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48)
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm starting to like the RC24 more than the UAD version...
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
give me plate !!!
Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years

There you go.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➑️
can you elaborate ? didn't tried it yet but i tired relab and own tsar ...
Quick try (mainly the 480) so no definitive opinion but at this time I find it's cutting the lows too much to my taste, the sound is a bit mid-highish and doesn't blend as well as the competition, also feels a bit static IMO.
A.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui ➑️

There you go.
not dat one !!!!

Old 24th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Reverb boulemia ..lol

Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Reverb boulemia ..lol

LMFAO. it is quite ridiculous how QUICKLY all of these quality reverb plug-ins are coming out. just one after the other and while I haven't had a chance to demo these new NI variants, I own all of the other more recent, popular verbs and the only real interest for me here is the RC24 as I don't have any 'verb that tried to do the "224 thing".

Looking forward to the demo!
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I think RC24 & 48 are hybrid impulse plug-ins since the installer are so large 222 MB for Mac and 159 MB for PC.

Can someone confirm?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Why do I get the feeling there'll soon be a reverb price war?

Good for the purchasers but bad for the independent developers I think :-/
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqtion ➑️
I think RC24 & 48 are hybrid impulse plug-ins since the installer are so large 222 MB for Mac and 159 MB for PC.

Can someone confirm?
The individual components are around ~50mb, vst, au, rtas etc which add up to 200 or so. I've no idea about the impulse thing, but it's true that the algo reverbs are usually less.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The NI latest installers are all large files sizes. Nothing out of the ordinary for them.

I doubt its IR based. Just not enough file size to do it effectively, and it does say its algorithmic based on the website.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
RC48 can do 60sec or infinite, I don't know if it's possible with impulses.

Then again it seems as if you don't have total control over rev time. The rt slider is sort of exponential, very precise at short times but at longer times it can jump seconds ie. 14.57->15.26s and from 30.77->34.20s, 54.76->59.90s, so it may not be far fetched that there's some impulses beneath. I don't know if it really matters anymore at those rev times, but some may find it restrictive.

I haven't read the manual, but I can't find a way to type in values.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
no IR ...softube is all about pure algos

A part of the installer is the NI center i think and you also have all format also AAX rtas Vst + manual and ...allll ....yep this is what we call a serious complete release ...that's all ...
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
ok testing the RC24 right now

First contact

Gui : great , and the signal + reverb stuf up right is just wiked and very helpfull for me to show students the preday and you clearly see the time bteween source movement and reverb

mous scroll smooth (you can just point , close your eyes and scroll until you smile !!)

the depth is great and also teh modulation options , do n't forget to go on option to get the option dark/bright ...

but one thing i wonder : can't we adjust the reverb time ? duration ? damnn strange ....even if the tails are just spot on ....

it's not a verb ala Xverb (swiss k nife of reverbs) , but when it works , it works !!! and this validated in few seconds not half an hour of tweaking ....

they should make an intro price more agressive .....
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sliders saying bass/mid are reverb times, you see the times when you hover mouse over or drag. NI should've labeled them a bit more clearly.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
whats the CPU like on these? I remember TSAR1 was pretty heavy....the newer verbs from Lexicon and Val tends to be very light...
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
testing the 48 : now we're talking ...
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave ➑️
Sliders saying bass/mid are reverb times, you see the times when you hover mouse over or drag. NI should've labeled them a bit more clearly.
yep just saw that ....as i understand with have diffrenet verb time in each freq witch is great
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
preset : classic spaces : Big booty .....lol wtf ....booty so big that your hear delayz in ? lol ....might be funny to put that in a song ....

"She got that RC 48 booty type" ....only GS would get it ....lol
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
playing with the delays .....like i used to do in Soundforge back in dayz ....just placing them in time ....great tools ...
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
RC 48 got my vote for fun and sound

RC 24 for sound ...
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
For the 300 euros

those +V3+Ubermod : bingo

This is the bundle i will propose for students ....as a damm good time based effects investement ...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is it some way to coalesce posts?
A.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
RC24 is about 5% cpu and RC48 10% on MacbookPro i7 2.3mhz. It's more than the reverbs I usually use, but quite efficient anyway.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidtrax ➑️
I don't understand what the problem is with ilok? I have plugins with and without ilok protection. After a reinstall the plugins with ilok protection work instantly, no serials or activation required or license files to load.

You are missing out on some great plugins if you don't have an ilok! But hey, you do what you want to do, luckily we can decide for ourselves what we want and what not.

heh
Yes. I work as freelancer. Much traveling. I use ilok software and forget to freeze and then i cannot open the song. Or had megaevil noises with this cubase dongle for Venegance as i started S1 without key transfer....

But you are right - so my songs will not go platin.... but silver is ok too ;-)
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman ➑️
I'm starting to like the RC24 more than the UAD version...
ThatΒ΄s not allowed...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
playing with the delays .....like i used to do in Soundforge back in dayz ....just placing them in time ....great tools ...
Hey Jeezo, if time permits, will you be doing a video?
I will try the demo, just enjoy your videos :-)
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
These plugins are beautiful. I have Relab LX480, PhoenixVerb , VVV, and (a longtime favorite) Eventide 2016 Stereo Room. To my ears, the NI plugins easily hold their own.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
@ sbackdoor : well i already asked for nfr at NI by the past time but no answer to the request ...so the 30 min demo is just impossible to deal with as my videos are long and some time i have to do it in 2 or 3 consecutive takes ....

so for exemple i had to buy the VC 160 or premium stuff just for the videos (VC 160 was for students showing) ....

so to answer the question , if i buy those i will do it with pleasure ( just have to buy new monitors , ARc2 , isoacoustics..ect ..this month gonna be rock n roll lol)...specially the RC 48 ....we can go deep in fun with it ....speacially on one 80's type of track i'm working on .....

I don't even ask one more time NI as i don't expect a answer before my kids go at high school ....(they're 6 and 4)
Old 24th January 2013
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Demoing the RC24. Loving the really lush halls it can make so far!
πŸ“ Reply