Quantcast
Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48) - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48)
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The RC48 here was an instant pleaser, RC24 probably takes a bit more getting into. With RC48 I just dialed in a preset, played an arp and smiled .
Old 23rd January 2013 | Show parent
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by csiking ➑️
....but who am I?
The guy that rules over CSI?

Graham
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilaci ➑️
YES! I dont buy Softube plugins because of this reason.

But maybe there is hope for change!
I don't understand what the problem is with ilok? I have plugins with and without ilok protection. After a reinstall the plugins with ilok protection work instantly, no serials or activation required or license files to load.

You are missing out on some great plugins if you don't have an ilok! But hey, you do what you want to do, luckily we can decide for ourselves what we want and what not.

heh
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
No plate ? Or chamber ? No computer with me now ....so just asking ....i m a plate quy ...
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
It seems like Softube doesn't release plugins under their own label that have been done by someone else before. I think it keeps their company quirky and cool and they can still make a buck on the stuff they wouldn't put out under their own name.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➑️
No plate ? Or chamber ? No comp with now ....so just asking ....i m a plate quy ...
Was thinking about the plates too..
GMR
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
will have to compare with Relab, but it seems this just has the hall algo ?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
compare RC48 to VVV. NI is clear, neutral and sounds "more expensive". BUT VVV is more alive and musical
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampleconstruct ➑️
RC 48 is fantastic, it reminds me so much of the good old days in the ECM studio...

Here is a little Impro with Lounge Lizard 4 processed by RC 48:
Have you compared this verb to the Relab yet? I'm pretty much blown away by the Relab but the difference in the price here is huge. I would like to think that this version could compete?
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I like the demo system NI offers. I've had to pass both Exponential Audio and Relab demos, because I'm not exactly shopping for reverb and don't want to spend my limited demo time yet (did that on Lexicon PCM and regret it).

This kind of demo let's you immedately jump on it - like any true gearslut wants, try it out if you feel like it and forget it until the next sale comes on.. Or spontaneously buy it.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook ➑️
compare RC48 to VVV. NI is clear, neutral and sounds "more expensive". BUT VVV is more alive and musical
Neither 480L or 224 are neutral and clear reverbs. I most certainly don't agree that NI sounds more expensive. I've been comparing 24/48 demo versions to VeeThree and VeeThree is the clear winner.

BTW, demos on the NI site sound..not good (especially orchestral which is awful).
Lives for gear

More freakin reverb!!!!
Luckily I'm in verb heaven so I'm not even tempted to demo.....;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1977 ➑️
I've been comparing 24/48 demo versions to VeeThree and VeeThree is the clear winner.

BTW, demos on the NI site sound..not good (especially orchestral which is awful).
I agree that NI demos sound bad. But I cannot agree with Your comparison. I just made a small shootout: R2, Relab LX, RC48 and VVV for dry sax sound - my score for "most beautiful hall reverb" is:

First place: R2 - I can feel the space. Every time: awesomness
Second place: RC48 - non-obtrusive, believable, nice blending
Third place: Relab - don't like it too much, but still better than...
Fourth place: VVV - cheap sounding verb with a lack of control :/
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by henge ➑️
More freakin reverb!!!!
There should be a law passed forbidding the release of any more reverbs
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboycoalminer ➑️
Have you compared this verb to the Relab yet? I'm pretty much blown away by the Relab but the difference in the price here is huge. I would like to think that this version could compete?
Never tried Relab cause I'm flooded with reverbs already, but during betatesting I fell in nostalgic love with RC 48
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
And don't forget that in two or three years there might not be an installer for these plug-ins that'll work with the OS your computer runs then.

NI has a really bad history of backwards compatibility. Even worse than IK Multimedia. I rather buy Softube software even though they're using iLok2.
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
I really think of it like bees around a honey cup ....last few year :

Console emu : go go go !!
Tapes : go go go !!
Drives : go go go !!

since few months

Reverb ....lol

any way good time for our gearsluts fun also ...

And this area i'm really sad and surprise to not see one of the most solid Time based effects maker : TC electronic ......

I remembre the TC native pack was solid at this time and used the Reverb from native and powercore intensily ....

The really should port their algos on native again ....or it will be a pure waist ....
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Jeezo, try Nebula pack from Gene Lennon here in New Products. It's great TC6000 sound!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
great time for hi-end reverb plugins......
still waiting for great time for hi-end EQ plugins
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
What reverbs are you talkin about ? I visited the NI website you linked to but I did not hear any reverb. All I heard was crap.
Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Nothing special here to me. I guess I was hoping for some of the Softube magic that I hear in TSAR-1. The interface isn't as simple as it first appears. Maybe I just need to spend some more time with it.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov ➑️
Jeezo, try Nebula pack from Gene Lennon here in New Products. It's great TC6000 sound!
thks , my only problem with nebula is .. well ... nebula .....
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
So I only had a couple of minutes to quickly check out the RC24 before leaving for some appointments. Is there no way to manually set the decay time or is everything a preset?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley ➑️
So I only had a couple of minutes to quickly check out the RC24 before leaving for some appointments. Is there no way to manually set the decay time or is everything a preset?
You can set the mid and bass decay seperately with the two knobs on the right ( they can be mistaken for Eq, but they are for decay )
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Those algos are kinda deal breaker for me ....they should release some more complete and more expensive , but complete ... !!
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Just thinking but maybe they preapre an EMT !! for plate .....so they didn't wanted to canibalise with those ....

I hope i'm right
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Wow and wow. Both sound spot on for what they are. Even the 224 chorus sounds correct. More float, less tremolo sounding. Nice job guys!

A point of trivia, while the 480 did not have a chamber alg, the regular 480 (non-random) hall is derived from the PCM70 chamber alg and can do a pretty good '70 tiled room.

I mentioned this to Martin, same goes for the Relab LX480 hall.

-Casey
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
gotta say, these are just awesome. really feeling the 24 right now. Not usually one to jump on NI plugs...but bravo.

EDIT: I was wrong, the 48 is equally as great. getting both and calling it a day.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey ➑️
Wow and wow. Both sound spot on for what they are. Even the 224 chorus sounds correct. More float, less tremolo sounding. Nice job guys!

-Casey
If Casey thinks these are spot on that has to have some merit. Come on Komplete 9 Ultimate.. April can't come soon enough.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_After ➑️
I just made a small shootout: R2, Relab LX, RC48 and VVV for dry sax sound - my score for "most beautiful hall reverb" is:

First place: R2 - I can feel the space. Every time: awesomness
Second place: RC48 - non-obtrusive, believable, nice blending
Third place: Relab - don't like it too much, but still better than...
Fourth place: VVV - cheap sounding verb with a lack of control :/
I assume you tried to get all 4 to sound the same.

any chance of you posting the shootout clips?
if so, don't tell us which is which yet.
Blind test would be best
πŸ“ Reply