Quantcast
Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48) - Page 10 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48)
Old 29th April 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMR ➡️
Would you mind sharing your comparisons of Relab with your 480l so we can hear the difference ?
Here it is. Thanks to swinglady.de for her voice.

I have chosen the preset "Large Random Church". The Lexicon 480L is connected with Vovox cables to a BLA Motu HD192 with signature converters. Listen to the differences between NI, Relab and original 480L. I have added a Sony DRE-S777 just for fun.
GMR
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think you forgot to the link !!!! Can't wait to hear !!!!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I think you forgot to the link !!!! Can't wait to hear !!!!
Once again. Here are the files.
Attached Files

Amazing Grace, Vocals dry.mp3 (1.03 MB, 2368 views)

480 L.mp3 (1.03 MB, 2633 views)

LX480.mp3 (1.03 MB, 2492 views)

RC48.mp3 (1.03 MB, 2534 views)

Sony DRE-S777.mp3 (1.03 MB, 2273 views)

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks a bunch - did you use the analog noise setting on the Relab? I find this makes a big difference to my perception
Old 29th April 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
No it was the digital setting. I can't hear a big difference between the settings. But I have added the dry files. You can try it to match the original 480L.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starstreet ➡️
No it was the digital setting. I can't hear a big difference between the settings.
Not when soloing the reverb, no

How the verb blends with the source more appropriately, is where the difference comes into play for me
GMR
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks for taking the time to do this !!!! To give Relab a fair shot, it's not as loud as the original 480l

So who can tell the difference between the two here without checking the other files to see the answer

a.mp3

b.mp3
Deleted User
Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to do this !!!! To give Relab a fair shot, it's not as loud as the original 480l

So who can tell the difference between the two here without checking the other files to see the answer

Attachment 342416

Attachment 342417
Maybe I can.
First one is 480L Lexicon
Second Relab

Second is blurry, and do not have height in sound picture like original, actually comes more from the sides.

All lacks definition in the highs. Original shows it very well.
Old 9th May 2013 | Show parent
GMR
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den ➡️
Maybe I can.
First one is 480L Lexicon
Second Relab

Second is blurry, and do not have height in sound picture like original, actually comes more from the sides.

All lacks definition in the highs. Original shows it very well.
Well since you're the only one that answers,

a is Relab , first one
b is 480L , 2nd one
Old 13th May 2013 | Show parent
Deleted User
This is your "a" link:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attac...rc24-rc48-.mp3

And this is the link from Starstreet' post original 480L:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attac...rc48-480-l.mp3

They sound identical.

So your have to prove and give me that preset to confirm your statement.
Or otherwise I do not accept your answer.
Old 17th December 2013
0e0
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I really enjoy these plugins. They came with komplete ultimate..so i tried them out..and they are great! I prefer RC 24 because it gets me to some territory that i enjoy for the kind of music I do. It's really simple to dial up sounds.

I do have to say that as a ValhallaDSP ValhallaVintageVerb owner..i can get VVV to sound VERY close (I can also get VVV to sound VERY close to RC 48). And VVV is generally a more diverse and broader plugin (but takes more effort to dial in sounds). But for someone looking for a quick effect (and in this case RC 24 is definitely a unique coloured effect) it's great. it's SUPER SUPER grainy. much more round and Grainy than VVV (VVV is grainier than RC 48). it could potentially be something you would overdo but it does blend with sound sources well (as i can say after a whole 2 days of use). I find VVV "flutters" more and stands out a lot in the mix (especially in the low mids and this goes for almost all of ValhallaDSP stuff iv'e used).

great job NI and SOFTUBE

j

0=0
Old 17th December 2013
0e0
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I really enjoy these plugins. They came with komplete ultimate..so i tried them out..and they are great! I prefer RC 24 because it gets me to some territory that i enjoy for the kind of music I do. It's really simple to dial up sounds.

I do have to say that as a ValhallaDSP ValhallaVintageVerb owner..i can get VVV to sound VERY close (I can also get VVV to sound VERY close to RC 48). And VVV is generally a more diverse and broader plugin (but takes more effort to dial in sounds). But for someone looking for a quick effect (and in this case RC 24 is definitely a unique coloured effect) it's great. it's SUPER SUPER grainy. much more round and Grainy than VVV (VVV is grainier than RC 48). it could potentially be something you would overdo but it does blend with sound sources well (as i can say after a whole 2 days of use). I find VVV "flutters" more and stands out a lot in the mix (especially in the low mids and this goes for almost all of ValhallaDSP stuff iv'e used).

great job NI and SOFTUBE

j

0=0
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
RC 24 stops passing audio for me after a second or so.
Anyone recognise this? I'm googling my butt off but I'm coming up with nothing so far.

I'm on Mac Mountain Lion and PTHD10, all latest versions.
Komplete 9 Ultimate license and everything up to date there too.
weird!
Old 29th December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
RC 24 stops passing audio for me after a second or so.
Anyone recognise this? I'm googling my butt off but I'm coming up with nothing so far.

I'm on Mac Mountain Lion and PTHD10, all latest versions.
Komplete 9 Ultimate license and everything up to date there too.
weird!
📝 Reply