Quantcast
NAMM: Music Computing CoreMC Gen3 computer - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM: Music Computing CoreMC Gen3 computer
Old 23rd January 2013
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Hardware NAMM: Music Computing CoreMC Gen3 computer

The CoreMC computer can be equipped with up to dual Xeon 8-core processors (16-cores total), 768GB of RAM, 21TB of hard drive storage, video cards and audio interfaces. Based on the Windows 8 (64-bit) operating system, CoreMC is capable of running any Windows compatible software for music production, HD video editing or even gaming.

Each CoreMC is housed in a black brushed aluminum chassis equipped with four oversized 140mm fans providing ample airflow, yet able to rotate at reduced speeds for near silent operation. A front name plate is part of the design and acts as a baffle to further reduce operational noise. Extras include removable dust filters to keep the interior of the system clean, shock mounting for hard drives and optical drives to reduce noise and vibration, and anti-vibration pads for the power supply. For those needing to overclock the system, four coolant hose ports are provided on the rear of the chassis with star grommets.

Rack versions of the CoreMC are available in a compact 4U (15.25" depth) chassis as well as a full size version with redundant power supplies.

Specifications :
  • Processor Type: Xeon LGA 2011
  • Processor Options: 6-core (2.0GHz), 8-core (2.0GHz) and 8-core (2.9GHz) (Single Processor or Dual Processor configuration. Both processors must be the same)
  • Number of RAM Slots: 12 per Processor (24 Total)
  • Size of RAM: 4GB / 8GB / 16GB / 32GB
  • Maximum Amount of RAM: 768GB
  • Drives (2) x 2.5" HD Bay: 128SSD, 256SSD and 512SSD or (5) x 3.5" HD Bay: 1TB(7200RPM), 2TB(7200RPM), 3TB(7200RPM) and 4TB(7200RPM).
  • Optical Drive: DVD / CD Burner and Blu-ray Burner
  • Audio Interface Options:
  • Echo MIA MINI Digital Audio card: (2ins balanced, 2outs balanced, MIDI, S/PDIF, 24bit-96kHz)
  • RME Hammerfall HDSP 9652: (3 x ADAT digital I/O, 1 x SPDIF digital I/O, S/PDIF, 1 x Word clock I/O (BNC), 1 x ADAT Sync In (9-pin D-type), 2 x MIDI I/O, 32 channels high-speed MIDI, 12 channels 96 kHz/24 bit for record and playback on ADAT optical) IF (in/out), MIDI (in/out) +1 direct keyboard MIDI out, Sample Rate (24bit 96KHz)
  • RME HDSPe RayDAT: (36 Inputs / 36 Outputs, 4 x ADAT I/O (up to 192 kHz via S/MUX4), 1 x AES/EBU I/O (192 kHz), 1 x SPDIF I/O (192 kHZ), 2 x MIDI I/O, Supported sample frequencies: Internally 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz. Externally 28 kHz - 200 kHz)
  • Video Options:
  • Included: 1GB High-performance video card.
  • SLI video card: Up to 3-way SLI GTX 680 video cards.
  • Video Processing GPU card: Quadro 6000 card.
  • Music Computing software: SonicSource VSTi (3000+ sounds / 16GB)
  • Microsoft: Windows 8 Professional (64-bit)
  • 4 USB 2.0 Port (external), 4 USB 2.0 headers (internal)
  • FireWire: Optional 400 / 800
  • MIDI: Optional
  • Ethernet: 1000BASE-T

Link : CoreMC EnterprisePro Computer Systems
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Cool!

P.s. We need Mac version too!
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
More like worlds best example of diminishing returns.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
The computer is $50,000 with the top configuration...

God bless
Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandKT ➑️
The computer is $50,000 with the top configuration...

God bless
So, in 5 years it should be worth about $500...

That being said...

DO WANT!

Can't friekein wait until the 2013 Mac Pro's are released....
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Go to micro center buy a diy book and you can build a comp 16 core 3 ghz, 32 gig of ram, 4 tbs of storage for around 1200 bucks. oh and put it in a nice rack mountable server case.
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yes you can but Xeon cores are a little more expensive.

Cheers
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I bet it still can't run East West's Hollywood Strings and Brass very well...

Still, you can build a similar system right now for much less than their up-charged prices.
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Its an interesting concept.. I dunno about video, but in terms of music production, "track freeze." Need storage? Cloud.

Anyways, you can customize a really descent HP.com machine that, "has plenty of power."

The saved money, could then be spent on something like Focusrites Rednet. Which is going to give you ultra low latency, and great recording performance.. Which is way more important than, "16 core xeon."

You probably need 80 instances of Reaktor ( about 5 per core ) to max out 16 xeons... Who is making a track with 80 reaktors??

Last edited by Wolf LeProducer; 28th January 2013 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: twitter vine = humanity is stupid as
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Hmm, sadly I can't find any infos on the motherboard used. Kinda guessing... could be something like the supermicro boards:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/m.../X9DRE-TF_.cfm
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf LeProducer ➑️
Its an interesting concept.. I dunno about video, but in terms of music production, "track freeze." Need storage? Cloud.

Anyways, you can customize a really descent HP.com machine that, "has plenty of power."

The saved money, could then be spent on something like Focusrites Rednet. Which is going to give you ultra low latency, and great recording performance.. Which is way more important than, "16 core xeon."

You probably need 80 instances of Reaktor ( about 5 per core ) to max out 16 xeons... Who is making a track with 80 reaktors??
I think u are wrong.

There are some high end plugins which requair a powerful computer, try DCam Synth Squade at 8x over sampling or Uhe Diva at "Divine" setting and u will eat ur words back. Also Reaktor can give a hard time on CPU if u use a very complex patches. Also there are new software comming in pipe line which migh requair a powerful computer.

Also if u record at high sample rate like 96khz then u need twise the power of 48 khz....
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbatrossAudio ➑️
Go to micro center buy a diy book and you can build a comp 16 core 3 ghz, 32 gig of ram, 4 tbs of storage for around 1200 bucks. oh and put it in a nice rack mountable server case.
And it will fail in 3 month....

also i am not tolking that it will be noisy as jet plain

p.s.
I think u provide miss information, I do not think that u can build a computer with a current Xeons with 16 core for 1200$
The CPUs itself in reteil store will cost more then that
πŸ“ Reply