Golden age projects eq-573 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Golden age projects eq-573
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Hardware Golden age projects eq-573

Hey everyone

Throughout the week we will be announcing several new products from our guys at Lindell audio, Heritage audio, Golden Age Projects, Warm audio and Avantone pro microphones.

The first of these will be the new GAP eq-573. This is a 500 series module and an add-on to our pre573 preamp.
The class a circuit is based on the classic 1073 eq section and can be described as what we consider warm, punchy, sweet and musical. All four bands can be individually bypassed along with a master bypass switch. Pricing to be $269.99 a unit! Units are in stock and ready to ship.

Stop by our booth #4142 and check it out along with every other new product we will be presenting. Hoping to see you all there!
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
When will the Pre 573 preamp ship? It was announced a year ago I still haven't seen it anywhere.
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
The pre573 is in stock and ready to ship as well
Old 23rd January 2013
Jai guru deva om

🎧 15 years
The PRE573 has been shipping for a month or so, and the EQ573 is now on the shelf. We tested the EQ73 and EQ573 at the same time to make our Clipalator audio clips, using nulls etc. They did a great job moving it into the 500 form. The two sound essentially the same. Not sure anything touches these equalizers in this price range.
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Here is the official link for those of you who have messaged us about additional info.

http://www.goldenagemusic.se/goldena...nual_eq573.pdf
Old 23rd January 2013 | Show parent
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by depulse ➑️
When will the Pre 573 preamp ship? It was announced a year ago I still haven't seen it anywhere.
Thomann have been shipping for a bit now too.

Graham
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Good news. Any idea of the price for the eq-573?
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Selling for $269.99
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
interested in the Lindell audio lunchbox and some of their modules, can you point me in the right direction where to order these asap?, i am based in europe, thanks
Old 24th January 2013
Jai guru deva om

🎧 15 years
I just uploaded our "how to" Golden Age EQ573 video, showing how to configure and install these unique units. Keep in mind it is designed to be used with their PRE573 preamp as an insert, and not as a stand alone EQ.

War
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I will wait for the new lindell 500's rack and will get both gap 500's and the lindell comp :D
Old 14th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Has anyone put this thing through the paces yet? I've been enjoying the 573... an eq would be nice, though even at the cheap price I still want to make sure it is usable considering I can only use it in conjunction with one preamp.

Can you do some pretty hefty moves with it and still sound natural? How's the noise factor? <- Fighting a little extra noise has been my only real gripe with the 573, but overall it has been great.
Old 21st February 2013
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead ➑️
I just uploaded our "how to" Golden Age EQ573 video, showing how to configure and install these unique units. Keep in mind it is designed to be used with their PRE573 preamp as an insert, and not as a stand alone EQ.

War
Is that you in the vid war?
Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Ive been really happy with my Pre-573's. I was fussin over transformers (2 Jensen transformers only cost nearly the price of the entire module!- theyre expensive transformers sure but as an example). Yup happy with my units. Im interested in hearing the eq's. War - as 573 owner do you think these or the lindells would be better suited to mixing electronic music?
Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Do the input and output on the slot the EQ is in do anything? Thanks!
Old 21st February 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
does the EQ573 require the pre the way the stand alone unit does?
Old 25th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist ➑️
Bumping since this switched forums. Rad? War?
Old 4th March 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
up.
eq573 vs am-25 vs pex500?
eq 573 with its hpf is my favorite for the moment. But i can't test it.
Old 16th March 2013
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Is there a possibility to bypass GAP pre module and use only GAP eq module when needed?
Old 16th March 2013
Jai guru deva om

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicgen ➑️
Is that you in the vid war?
Yes, I used my real name in the vid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma ➑️
War - as 573 owner do you think these or the lindells would be better suited to mixing electronic music?
Their functions are different so if you need more control, the Golden Age. If you want to fatten things up in a simple way, the Lindell. Did you check out our Clipalator audio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist ➑️
No, it's an insert on the pre when used this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound ➑️
does the EQ573 require the pre the way the stand alone unit does?
Yes, check out that video for setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akysz ➑️
Is there a possibility to bypass GAP pre module and use only GAP eq module when needed?
Sure, if you don't mind it being -18 rather than +4. Overall not suggested.

Sorry for my delayed replies here!

War
Old 16th March 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Hey War,

Can you use a different pre as the front end?
Old 21st March 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Pre- and EQ 753 a good combo.

Admittedly, I am only an armature, but I did recently go with the GAP 573 pre. and EQ and I am very happy with it (which I got at ZenPro, thanks War). The Pre-573 is good by itself, but when combined with the EQ it bumps up to Great sounding. If you like that vintage A class EQ sound then this is for you. I personally think the EQ is better than the Preamp. The EQ is a little noisy(only a very little), but makes up for it in pure tone. I would love to be able to hook this EQ as an insert up to the Vintech 573!
IF you want to hear a sample then below is me recording a U2 inspired type of guitar track, which was recorded all on the Pre and EQ-573. I used a Kel HM-D2 mic and mixed with pro-tools, with just come comp and reverb.

Old 26th May 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Bump .... Anyone else liking theirs as much as I am?

Here is another track: just drum loop and my guitar parts, which were all recorded by the GAP 573, and EQ-573 compo.

Last edited by Oshea14; 26th May 2013 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: adding track
Old 26th May 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
we imagine that these are good modules, but your demo is TOO compressed! not a really good demo sorry
Old 7th August 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Another try

Ok, Here is another recording (Classic/Alt rock) instrumental, with less compression than the other. BatCat amp (hotcat 15) to, Kel HD 2 mic, to GAP Pre573 to EQ 573, to MAudio fasttrack, to protools.
I also recorded the Drum loop from a cheap drum machine head with the GAP pre and EQ, one single channel: I had the HP flter on 50 and the low EQ up 4 db on 55.
I tried to use at least a little EQ on every track were needed. I used the AIR mode on the guitar tracks, and EQed the mid range a little up (1k). The only compression on the "rythem" guitars is the Kel mic being a foot away from amp. I did track a few tracks with the Lindell audio 7X-500 compressor, but only on the top -6 db range.
Lastly, there is also some EQing, Limiting and a little basic quick-mastering touches on the mix-down..
I now updated it with a bass part, recorded DI from the same GAP 573 pre and EQ, and some attack compression on the 7X-500.

Last edited by Oshea14; 7th August 2013 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: proofing
Old 13th October 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
U2 Pride and Golden Age.

Hi. Folks Did a recording of U2's song Pride on the Golden Age pre 573 & EQ. It was also featured on BadCat amps blog.

My guitar setup is a BadCat Hotcat 15, and GP-100 effects unit with a Boss DD-20 delay ( I used the analog and modulation delay settings--I would record the same part twice on both settings and then stereo them hard left and right for the main 2 parts. The recording setup is an AT-4060 mic, then going into a Golden Age project 573 mic pre and EQ, then finally into my pro-tools
I took the liberty to change a few things to my own personal tastes. The drums I created from Ezdrummer2. The Bass is the only part I need to get an original part on: I hope to get a original part for this latter.

featured on the BadCat Amps blog:
Artist Share of the Week From Oshea Davis | BadCat Amps
Old 18th December 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead ➑️

War
I just recently purchased a pre573 and eq573 but it didn't come sith the 3 pin connecting cable. How do I get one?
Old 18th December 2018
Jai guru deva om

🎧 15 years
It comes with the EQ unit, contact your dealer.
πŸ“ Reply