Quantcast
Latch Lake Decca Tree 2.0 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Latch Lake Decca Tree 2.0
Old 22nd January 2013
  #1
Gear Addict
 
Jeff A. Roberts's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Latch Lake Decca Tree 2.0

Latch Lake Music is introducing a new take on the Decca Tree concept at Winter NAMM 2013.

Unlike similar products, the Latch lake Decca Tree is useful when it is not used as a Decca Tree, since it consists of 4 Latch Lake Xtra® Booms, and a separate large boom. The modular design with the Xtra Booms allows maximum flexibility to mount any mic at any angle. It will retail for less than $500.

Drop by booth 1862 in glamorous Hall "E" to check it out.
Old 22nd January 2013
  #2
70% Coffee, 30% Beer
 
Doc Mixwell's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff A. Roberts ➡️
Latch Lake Music is introducing a new take on the Decca Tree concept at Winter NAMM 2013.

Unlike similar products, the Latch lake Decca Tree is useful when it is not used as a Decca Tree, since it consists of 4 Latch Lake Xtra® Booms, and a separate large boom. The modular design with the Xtra Booms allows maximum flexibility to mount any mic at any angle. It will retail for less than $500.

Drop by booth 1862 in glamorous Hall "E" to check it out.
Awesome
Old 27th January 2013
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Mike O's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Hey Jeff -

If you get a chance throw a picture up. I've got four xtra booms. Will users be able to buy what they need to configure the tree if they have some of the components?
Old 29th January 2013
  #4
Gear Addict
 
RMJAZZ's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff A. Roberts ➡️
Latch Lake Music is introducing a new take on the Decca Tree concept at Winter NAMM 2013.

Unlike similar products, the Latch lake Decca Tree is useful when it is not used as a Decca Tree, since it consists of 4 Latch Lake Xtra® Booms, and a separate large boom. The modular design with the Xtra Booms allows maximum flexibility to mount any mic at any angle. It will retail for less than $500.

Drop by booth 1862 in glamorous Hall "E" to check it out.
Are there photos? Or an update to your web site? I wasn't @ NAMM but might be interested in purchasing....
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
  #5
Gear Addict
 
Jeff A. Roberts's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Latch Lake Decca parts are available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O ➡️
Hey Jeff -

If you get a chance throw a picture up. I've got four xtra booms. Will users be able to buy what they need to configure the tree if they have some of the components?
Yes, we will sell you just the parts that you need to complete your tree.

You will need a 2200 boom with a 5/8 x 27 female thread adapter and you might want to buy some short Xtra Boom® tubes, but they are optional. You will need to buy the 48" Xtra boom tube.

We'll get this information up on the web in a week or so.
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
  #6
Gear Addict
 
Jeff A. Roberts's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJAZZ ➡️
Are there photos? Or an update to your web site? I wasn't @ NAMM but might be interested in purchasing....
If I can locate the parts I will assemble a new tree and post pictures tomorrow. If the parts aren't done it will be a few days before before the NAMM display model comes back......that's the bad news.

The good news is the the price is much closer to $400 than $500 as I had originally posted.
Old 31st January 2013 | Show parent
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Mike O's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff A. Roberts ➡️
Yes, we will sell you just the parts that you need to complete your tree.

You will need a 2200 boom with a 5/8 x 27 female thread adapter and you might want to buy some short Xtra Boom® tubes, but they are optional. You will need to buy the 48" Xtra boom tube.

We'll get this information up on the web in a week or so.
Thanks Jeff; I already have a couple of 2200s so it look like one long and a few short for me.
Old 31st January 2013 | Show parent
  #8
Gear Addict
 
Jeff A. Roberts's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJAZZ ➡️
Are there photos?
The first picture is a 3/4 profile. The front mic is far left. All mic holders (Xtra Booms®) are spaced one meter from center. The Xtra Booms could be pointing the microphones straight forward also.

The second picture is from the top looking down, showing the 2200 boom used as the rear bar, and the boom clutch mounted on the special 48" Xtra Boom tube. Chrome tube is mast of stand.

The third picture shows the Xtra Boom Clutch that holds the entire assembly on the right side of the picture, and the 2200 boom clutch and boom that holds the Left and Right side microphones.

The final picture shows all of the parts used. The only non-standard parts are the 48" Xtra Boom tube, and a boom clutch with a female 5/8" x 27 female thread adapter.

When not used as a Decca Tree, you have three 12' Xtra Booms, one 48" Xtra Boom, and a 2200 boom on a boom clutch that can attach to most stands.

Please let me know if the pictures don't show what you need to see.

We will also be selling spare Xtra Boom tubes of different lengths at reduced prices in the near future due to increased manufacturing efficiency.
Attached Thumbnails
Latch Lake Decca Tree 2.0-img_0894.jpg   Latch Lake Decca Tree 2.0-img_0898.jpg   Latch Lake Decca Tree 2.0-img_0900.jpg   Latch Lake Decca Tree 2.0-img_0901.jpg  
Old 4th February 2013 | Show parent
  #9
Gear Addict
 
RMJAZZ's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Thanks Jeff!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff A. Roberts ➡️
The first picture is a 3/4 profile. The front mic is far left. All mic holders (Xtra Booms®) are spaced one meter from center. The Xtra Booms could be pointing the microphones straight forward also.

The second picture is from the top looking down, showing the 2200 boom used as the rear bar, and the boom clutch mounted on the special 48" Xtra Boom tube. Chrome tube is mast of stand.

The third picture shows the Xtra Boom Clutch that holds the entire assembly on the right side of the picture, and the 2200 boom clutch and boom that holds the Left and Right side microphones.

The final picture shows all of the parts used. The only non-standard parts are the 48" Xtra Boom tube, and a boom clutch with a female 5/8" x 27 female thread adapter.

When not used as a Decca Tree, you have three 12' Xtra Booms, one 48" Xtra Boom, and a 2200 boom on a boom clutch that can attach to most stands.

Please let me know if the pictures don't show what you need to see.

We will also be selling spare Xtra Boom tubes of different lengths at reduced prices in the near future due to increased manufacturing efficiency.
Old 4th February 2013
  #10
Lives for gear
 
NetworkAudio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
What is the total waight of this assembly?
Old 7th February 2013
  #11
Lives for gear
 
Marcocet's Avatar
 
3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Is the main body of it a new latchlake straight stand? We're getting ready to buy some Atlas stands to have a few smaller booms around and if there are smaller, utility latch lakes coming out I'd definitely hold out for them. Our three MicKings are the first stands used on every session (and they usually hold a couple mics each)
Old 8th February 2013 | Show parent
  #12
Gear Addict
 
Jeff A. Roberts's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaukholm ➡️
What is the total weight of this assembly?
Total weight is 10.45 pounds, which is 4.74 kilograms.

Jeff Robers
Latch Lake Music
Old 8th February 2013 | Show parent
  #13
Gear Addict
 
Jeff A. Roberts's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcocet ➡️
Is the main body of it a new latchlake straight stand? We're getting ready to buy some Atlas stands to have a few smaller booms around and if there are smaller, utility latch lakes coming out I'd definitely hold out for them. Our three MicKings are the first stands used on every session (and they usually hold a couple mics each)
By my twisted logic, the main "body" of the the Latch Lake Decca assembly is the rear bar which extends long enough to space the Left and Right side mics up to one meter apiece from the center. That bar is a micKing® 2200 boom, with a boom clutch that has a female 5/8" x 27 thread adapter permanently attached. So it it is a not the mast of a straight stand, it is the boom from a boom stand.

We are working on our new smaller stand every day now, with design and testing occurring simultaneously. Thanks for the kind words about our stands.

Jeff Roberts
Latch Lake Music
Old 8th February 2013 | Show parent
  #14
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff A. Roberts ➡️
By my twisted logic, the main "body" of the the Latch Lake Decca assembly is the rear bar which extends long enough to space the Left and Right side mics up to one meter apiece from the center. That bar is a micKing® 2200 boom, with a boom clutch that has a female 5/8" x 27 thread adapter permanently attached. So it it is a not the mast of a straight stand, it is the boom from a boom stand.

We are working on our new smaller stand every day now, with design and testing occurring simultaneously. Thanks for the kind words about our stands.

Jeff Roberts
Latch Lake Music
I literally just ordered my first Latch Lake 2200 this morning. Very much looking forward to using it. I wanted to ask if you had any plans for a smaller, more standard size in the works, as I record live stuff, and regular mic stands are always so easy to get kicked out the way! It would be great if we had something that could mic up an amp or something while still have the sturdiness that the mic king gives. Is this something you are looking at?
Old 8th February 2013 | Show parent
  #15
Gear Addict
 
Jeff A. Roberts's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
The rumors are true.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Walker ➡️
I wanted to ask if you had any plans for a smaller, more standard size in the works, as I record live stuff, and regular mic stands are always so easy to get kicked out the way! It would be great if we had something that could mic up an amp or something while still have the sturdiness that the mic king gives. Is this something you are looking at?
That is exactly what we are looking at. A safe place for expensive mics when you don't need the height or reach of a micKing®. Distributors and studios have been hammering us for years about making such a stand, and now we are closing in on the design. It is our intent that the new stand will be the most versatile and flexible stand/system ever made.

Thanks for asking.

Jeff Roberts
Latch Lake Music
Old 5th March 2013 | Show parent
  #16
Gear Nut
 
Icarus's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff A. Roberts ➡️
That is exactly what we are looking at. A safe place for expensive mics when you don't need the height or reach of a micKing®. Distributors and studios have been hammering us for years about making such a stand, and now we are closing in on the design. It is our intent that the new stand will be the most versatile and flexible stand/system ever made.

Thanks for asking.

Jeff Roberts
Latch Lake Music
Is there an approximate timeframe for this new stand?

Thank you.
Old 6th March 2013
  #17
Lives for gear
 
Ribbonmicguy's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
I'd be looking forward to that as well Jeff.

-Moko (Big Knob Indonesia)
Old 6th March 2013 | Show parent
  #18
Lives for gear
 
dbjp's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff A. Roberts ➡️
That is exactly what we are looking at. A safe place for expensive mics when you don't need the height or reach of a micKing®. Distributors and studios have been hammering us for years about making such a stand, and now we are closing in on the design. It is our intent that the new stand will be the most versatile and flexible stand/system ever made.

Thanks for asking.

Jeff Roberts
Latch Lake Music
You sir will be onto a winner once you release this!
Won't forget the quick response Roc Mixwell and yourself gave me years ago when I first bought your stand and thought I had a problem.
I'll be purchasing the MicPrince/Baby(?) when it comes out!
Old 6th March 2013 | Show parent
  #19
70% Coffee, 30% Beer
 
Doc Mixwell's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjp ➡️
You sir will be onto a winner once you release this!
Won't forget the quick response Roc Mixwell and yourself gave me years ago when I first bought your stand and thought I had a problem.
I'll be purchasing the MicPrince/Baby(?) when it comes out!
haha, that's pretty Swell, eh! Yes, hammering! But man...I Fuggin LOVE my micKing, and desperately need some xtra booms to attach to it. I've been meaning to by myself some of those for mic shootouts and drum mic'n with my micKing! Also make a decent Kick Drum Stand. Anything that makes your life easier! I do need black micKing...also
Old 16th October 2013 | Show parent
  #20
Lives for gear
 
Seamus TM's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff A. Roberts ➡️
That is exactly what we are looking at. A safe place for expensive mics when you don't need the height or reach of a micKing®. Distributors and studios have been hammering us for years about making such a stand, and now we are closing in on the design. It is our intent that the new stand will be the most versatile and flexible stand/system ever made.

Thanks for asking.

Jeff Roberts
Latch Lake Music
Maybe I missed it, but any news about this?

Thanks,
Seamus
Old 24th October 2013
  #21
Gear Addict
 
Jeff A. Roberts's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
We just did a sneak preview of the new stand at AES. Actual product release will be late winter due when a key part goes into production at one of our vendors. We will start taking orders for the new model at Winter NAMM.

It is a premium, folding tripod stand that weighs about 22 pounds. Budget tripod stands weigh less than 6 pounds. It is the micKing® 1100. With an accessory counterweight it will safely hold ANY microphone. At AES we had about 10 pounds on the boom, and the mic end of the boom was between the legs, not over a leg!

The boom clutch and telescoping clutches are all standard micKing parts, same as the micKing 2200 and 3300. The folding tripod base and the stacking counterweight system are both patent pending. About 99% U.S parts content, assembled in Minnesota. MSRP will be under $300.

Jeff Roberts
Latch Lake Music

Last edited by Jeff A. Roberts; 24th October 2013 at 05:43 PM.. Reason: clarity
Old 22nd March 2014 | Show parent
  #22
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Just checking to see if there are any updates on dates of availability and pricing of the micKing 1100. Any news in this regard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff A. Roberts ➡️
We just did a sneak preview of the new stand at AES. Actual product release will be late winter due when a key part goes into production at one of our vendors. We will start taking orders for the new model at Winter NAMM.

It is a premium, folding tripod stand that weighs about 22 pounds. Budget tripod stands weigh less than 6 pounds. It is the micKing® 1100. With an accessory counterweight it will safely hold ANY microphone. At AES we had about 10 pounds on the boom, and the mic end of the boom was between the legs, not over a leg!

The boom clutch and telescoping clutches are all standard micKing parts, same as the micKing 2200 and 3300. The folding tripod base and the stacking counterweight system are both patent pending. About 99% U.S parts content, assembled in Minnesota. MSRP will be under $300.

Jeff Roberts
Latch Lake Music
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 1334 views: 58981
Avatar for senator adam
senator adam 19th December 2012
replies: 30 views: 4161
Avatar for trustyjim
trustyjim 21st December 2012
replies: 89 views: 8496
Avatar for elegentdrum
elegentdrum 1st January 2021
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump