NAMM: Cubase iC Pro for iPhone/iPad - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM: Cubase iC Pro for iPhone/iPad
Old 21st January 2013
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
NAMM: Cubase iC Pro for iPhone/iPad

Cubase Control
The Cubase iC Pro app features three pages for quickly accessing various controls in Cubase. The project page allows Cubase users to navigate through the project, place and move to locators and markers, tap in the tempo and engage\disengage the metronome. Also featured are transport controls and zoom capability. The second page displays a four-channel mixer in three zoom modes, with fader control, panning, mute/solo, read/write automation and record arming for basic recordings. It also interlinks to the Control Room in Cubase 7 and Cubase 6.5 for a maximum of four cue-mixes, offering individually controlled headphone monitoring. The third and final page facilitates creating and managing key commands and macros in Cubase, including already more than 100 factory presets. These assigned shortcuts help users to trigger predefined actions used regularly, which further expedite the workflow in Cubase.

Cubase iC Pro is compatible with iPhones 5, 4S and 4, iPod fifth generation, iPads 2, 3 and 4 running iOS version 6. Cubase versions supporting Cubase iC Pro are Cubase 7 and 6.5, Cubase Artist 7 and 6.5, Cubase Elements 6, Cubase LE 6 and Cubase AI 6. Installing the Steinberg SKI Remote extension is a requirement.

Project page with project overview
Cubase iC Pro features the project overview you know from Cubase. It allows you to see your Cubase project right on your phone and tablet.

Cubase iC Pro always stays in sync with your Cubase project: if you add or remove tracks or markers in Cubase, the project page will automatically update the overview to reflect the changes.
  • Easily navigate through the project via one finger scrolling gesture
  • Set and jump to left and right locators
  • Set and navigate to markers
  • Tap to tempo
  • Time-based ruler
  • Turn metronome on/off
  • Play, record, cycle, forward, rewind and jump to project start
  • Zoom in and out with two finger pinch gesture

Mixer with up to four independent cue mixes
Cubase iC Pro provides a mixing environment that assists you when producing your recording mixes, but also lets you set up up to four individual headphone mixes using Cubase’s Control Room. Recording or rehearsing with musicians has never been that easy. This means that musicians carrying a supported phone or tablet can adjust their own mix independently!

The mixer inside Cubase iC Pro streamlines each channel and displays only the most important features needed to record remotely.
  • Volume fader, pan, mute, solo, listen, record arm, track monitoring, read/write automation
  • Three zoom modes

Customizable key commands and macros
With Cubase iC Pro you can now create and manage your key commands and macros directly. No longer do you have to print the key commands’ names, sticking them on a dedicated keyboard. Simply select an empty slot and assign the shortcut you want. You can even store key command pages as presets for recall.
  • Set up Cubase key commands
  • Rename, recolor, reassign and delete buttons
  • Factory preset pages with over 100 useful key commands

Availability and pricing
Cubase iC Pro is available as download through the App Store. The price is 14.99 euros including German VAT.

Link : Cubase iC Pro

Last edited by Grahamdwc; 21st January 2013 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: Merged with Carlos (Steinberg) permission. thanks Carlos!
Old 21st January 2013

🎧 10 years
Video

Old 21st January 2013
TGP
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Wow. All I can say is: AMAZING. I have been working with a couple of apps, but this looks simply amazing.
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Addict
Nice. Will it work with Nuendo 6?
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
This looks very promising. Hope for a wide touch shortcuts menu
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Wow!!!! Amazing!!!
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
very cool indeed! makes me wonder why Apple as the inventor of the ipad isnt offering something like this for Logic!
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Wow, cool!!!
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've just tried it on iPhone and gotta say it's great!

The shortcuts can be assigned to different buttons on the display, it's pretty easy to handle and there's a lot on the screen without it feeling clumsy.
Gotta see if it's possible to integrate this into a screen/keyboard/DAW controller setup.

There is a slight delay, though, but it doesn't bother me yet.
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Ciaccona,

If you've tried it, how is it for writing automation? How bad is the delay?

Cheers,
Frank
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Awesome! Bought.
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Anyone know if it works with c6? Cheers!
Old 21st January 2013 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRANGY ➑️
Anyone know if it works with c6? Cheers!

Cubase versions required:
  • Cubase 6.5/7, Cubase Artist 6.5/7,
  • Cubase LE/AI/Elements 6
* Native 32-bit and 64-bit Cubase versions supported

Graham
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc ➑️
Cubase versions required:
  • Cubase 6.5/7, Cubase Artist 6.5/7,
  • Cubase LE/AI/Elements 6
* Native 32-bit and 64-bit Cubase versions supported

Graham
Cheers, I saw the listed requirements. I'm stuck on c6 which I believe is very similar to 6.5 (some extra features) so just wondering if it might work.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisha ➑️
Nice. Will it work with Nuendo 6?
It seems to be working with N5.5, so I can't see why it wouldn't with N6.
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
wow

Awesome.

And to think I still use Logic, the DAW owned by the maker of the iPad that STILL doesn't have a remote app. (Unlike DP, Cubase, Ableton, etc!!!!)

Cubase is killing it right now.
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

13 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Great app!

Except....

my iPhone 3GS and original iPad are not supported...WTF....
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
working on my iphone 3gs !
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephonic ➑️
Great app!

Except....

my iPhone 3GS and original iPad are not supported...WTF....
I have the original ipad and it works fine. They ARE on iphone 5 now...maybe time for an upgrade?
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

13 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
OK, that's good news!
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoo2407 ➑️
awesome.

And to think i still use logic, the daw owned by the maker of the ipad that still doesn't have a remote app. (unlike dp, cubase, ableton, etc!!!!)

cubase is killing it right now.
+2000.000
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck ➑️
It seems to be working with N5.5, so I can't see why it wouldn't with N6.
That's good, thanks a lot!
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Bought it. I'm using it with Cubase 6.5 on a 2011 MBP.

It's very customizable as far as the shortcuts go. This is really nice.

The arrange window shows you basically where you are in the song and appears to have some tracks which don't really have much to do with the actual tracks in the song. I don't think the app knows what colors you are using in the arranger for your different tracks if they aren't the default colors. The song I'm looking at uses Folders and these look kind of weird. This is only a quibble because you can still see pretty visually where you are in the song.

It would be nice if you could get out of the split screen mode and use the whole screen for the faders. Also because the faders only take up half a page there is only room for the record enable/monitor buttons or the read/write automation buttons on the fader strip. You have to go to the settings page to switch between them. As well it would be nice to have access to insert, send and eq settings/levels for writing automation etc but maybe this will come later.

All in all it's a promising start and the price is right.

Frank
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Am i right in thinking this is nowhere near as good as apps like touchable? Seems like you can only control basic mixer and transport functions. Is there no midi sequencing, plugin control, automation and audio editing?
Old 22nd January 2013
Deleted User
When will these companies write these apps for Android? Anyone, anyone?
Old 22nd January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit ➑️
When will these companies write these apps for Android? Anyone, anyone?
There are DAW controller Apps for Android:

TouchDAW - DAW controller and MIDI utilities for Android

But it's very hard to write such an App in a reliable and accurate (= realtime with a latency as low as possible) way for the three bazillion different hardware-OSVersion-Firmware-Screensize combinations you get on an Android device, the same thing will keep you from writing hardware optimized native code (which is the reason you'll find a lot of very good DAWs for iPad including realtime plugins and USB audio interface drivers, but afaik nothing comparable on the Android platform so far), so you have to use java, which is much less performant for several tasks than native code.

The other thing is: Although there are more Android Devices out there than iOS devices, you still make ten times the money with an iOS App than with an Android App. The reason is obvious - illegal copys will work only on a jailbreaked iPhone, while you can download any App on any Android device anywhere you like for free, so the typical software pirate will go for Android, not for iOS devices - thus Android has become more a low-end/freeware market, while the professional audio software studios concentrate on the iOS market, where customers actually are willing to pay money for their products - while on Android you get a tenth of the customers for tenfold the effort in support and porting/programming because of the variety of different devices. So absolutely no wonder that iOS seems to be the platform for professional audio applications.
Old 22nd January 2013
Deleted User
chk23, thanks, very helpful explanation.
Old 22nd January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteJames ➑️
Am i right in thinking this is nowhere near as good as apps like touchable? Seems like you can only control basic mixer and transport functions. Is there no midi sequencing, plugin control, automation and audio editing?
No other remote controller app out there can control the cue mixes!
You can connect 5 iPhones/iPads at the same time to Cubase and 4 iDevices mix their own cue-mix and use the fifth device for the key commands!
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Steinberg Cubase iC Pro

New improved iOS remote control app for Cubase. Previous version was only a transport control but this one has project overview, cue mixes, the mixer and command buttons et etc.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products...se_ic_pro.html
πŸ“ Reply