The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM: Kawai VPC1 Virtual Piano Controller
Old 22nd February 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gminorcoles ➡️
I have the MP11se and if you just took the sounds out of it, which is what I think you are suggesting, I don't think it lowers the price much, and the weight stays quite high.

I think the vpc1 and the MP11 are distinct for good reasons.
Thanks gminorcoles,

Indeed, it seems my wording might have been confusing, I meant that updating the keybed from RM3II to GF would require a “deeper” cabinet, no suggestion on the sound itself.

And I totally agree, VPC1 and MP11SE are very distinct, but considering the MP series are more regularly updated than the VPC, and I considered the VPC as a great option to buy state of art “hardware” and leave “software” outside (MIDI and/or computer), I’d expect that “hardware” part to be a on the top for quite a few years still.

The reason why I also mentioned the pedals, beside the issues some have complained about RE: F30, is that I intend to have a friend who’s into woodworking to make a decent furniture stand. Should it be fitted with the GFP-3 connector, I would then have ordered a F-302 pedal unit (compatible) which he would have directly integrated into the stand.

Anyway, I’ll wait a bit more though I believe with the current disruption, any plan for new models might have been put on hold.

Thanks again and thanks folkfreak too, I indeed didn’t feel that reactivating a discussion after 6 years should be an issue when the equipment is still on catalogue 😉
📝 Reply