The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AAS - Lounge Lizard EP-4
Old 13th December 2012
GS

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
AAS - Lounge Lizard EP-4

What's new in EP-4
We took the most versatile electric piano plug-in to another level – it's our best sounding release to date.

NEW! Factory library
The completely renewed factory library features the classic Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds as well as over 200 gig- and mix-ready custom electric pianos making good use of the compressor, equalizer, and multi-effect processor.

NEW! Compressor and equalizer
These new additions are perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.

NEW! Character control
The new Character control provides five classic studio and stage signal path emulations – that's the cabinet, pre-amp, microphone, and recorder chain that follows the piano's output – to easily snug fit your electric piano part into your track.

NEW! Limiter
The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the piano's physical modelling parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.

NEW! Streamlined interface
Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Lounge Lizard EP-4 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the main piano and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you get under the hood and voice the piano to taste; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for final shaping duties.

NEW! Bank and program manager
Lounge Lizard EP-4's new manager allows simple and efficient organization, backup, and sharing of your sounds.

UPDATED! Overhauled effects
Reinvigorated, polished, and tuned especially for the electric piano, Lounge Lizard EP-4's multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date!

NEW! Native 64-*bit Audio Unit (AU) and VST plug*-ins
Lounge Lizard EP-4 now runs in native 64-bit on Mac OS X and Windows making it compatible with the latest sequencers.

Link : AAS - Lounge Lizard EP-4 - Electric piano
Old 13th December 2012
GS

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Video

Old 13th December 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
exellent news !!
Old 13th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiec always loved AAS Lounge Lizard, always been my way to go Rhodes, Wurlies etc... for ages. Just the ease of tweakability makes this plug awesome

And last but not least, very proud of this company because they come from Montreal/Canada. Home town Bravo et Bonne continuation
Old 13th December 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Yes, great news -- and only $29 to upgrade!
Old 13th December 2012
GS Community Manager

I'm getting a 'server error' on their website.

Any word on AAX?
Old 13th December 2012
GS

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
No mention on their website on AAX yet. (unless i'm totally missing it)

Graham
Old 13th December 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar ➑️
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiec always loved AAS Lounge Lizard, always been my way to go Rhodes, Wurlies etc... for ages. Just the ease of tweakability makes this plug awesome

And last but not least, very proud of this company because they come from Montreal/Canada. Home town Bravo et Bonne continuation
haha nice I didnt know that. always been a fan too and I live in Montreal
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 ➑️
haha nice I didnt know that. always been a fan too and I live in Montreal
Yes mate, they are & cool to see some MTL folks in this forum. Visited them at their offices few years ago and saw them in the lab, at work, saw how they get the work done, schematics before they start putting plugin together and the whole technical stuff and that's where you realize how much work these amazing great software/Fx plugin/Vsti Devs put in to release great products like AAS. And on top of that Great folks
Old 13th December 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
The big plus is 70 MB !! not 60 gb !!!! lol i own electric keyz (Motu) and NI's via Komplete but those GB i loose are real pain, and the perf we have with synthesis is just excellent !!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➑️
The big plus is 70 MB !! not 60 gb !!!! lol i own electric keyz (Motu) and NI's via Komplete but those GB i loose are real pain, and the perf we have with synthesis is just excellent !!
Thats the magic of Physical Modelling smaller footprints (size).
Old 13th December 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I upgrade from 3. Nice sounding el. piano. I hope for resizable gui, those eq knobs in fx section are really small and it's hard to read their values.
Old 13th December 2012
Brb
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
After watching the vid I want this now lol
Old 13th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great video; dude can play! I can't play keyboard worth a crap but I'm probably going to buy this just to tinker with!
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wasn't a huge fan of the last version but I've upgraded and love this one.
It feels better to play and sounds smoother. The effects are great too.
Old 14th December 2012
Gear Addict
fantastic video and a really nice instrument !!!
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Lounge Lizard version 1 was the first virtual instrument i ever used, it was good back then and just gets better with every update.

Version 4 looks/sounds superb.

i have various electric piano romplers/plugins but have still never found that Zero7 sound you know 'when it falls' 'in the waiting line' etc .... my search continues, maybe Lounge lizard version 4 ?
Old 14th December 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Nice to the further development of AAS products. But one hot question for me is how is about a Tassman Update? Want a Tassman with improved functionality for example a patchbuilder with direct sound out. Where is Tassman 5 goddamit?
Old 14th December 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by resistent ➑️
Nice to the further development of AAS products. But one hot question for me is how is about a Tassman Update? Want a Tassman with improved functionality for example a patchbuilder with direct sound out. Where is Tassman 5 goddamit?
That's a bit off topic but I agree a new improved version of Tassman 5 with a redesigned interface and a better filter would be awesome.
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
They've been pretty silent about Tassman indeed - there's a thread on the AAS forum where they're asking for features and improvements for T5 and that's started in 2005 :D

They did hint that it's still in the works on Facebook, though - so maybe some day.
Old 15th December 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Impressive how this sounds compared to my sample based EP's...
Old 17th December 2012
Lives for gear

EP-4 is just HUGE AND AWESOME. Upgraded a few days ago... it's a must have EP plugin and as many others already stated: just some MB on the drive :D
Old 17th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Got the free upgrade. I like this plug in but I really prefer the gui on v3. I also might be in the minority but I really really prefer the session over the full version. Its weird I know but I really like the simplicity of the session
Old 18th December 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aux13 ➑️
I upgrade from 3. Nice sounding el. piano. I hope for resizable gui, those eq knobs in fx section are really small and it's hard to read their values.
+1 !
Old 28th June 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingocounty ➑️
Great video; dude can play! I can't play keyboard worth a crap but I'm probably going to buy this just to tinker with!
Yes, this pianist (won't call him a keyboard player) is a master. When a company takes the time to produce a video such as this, with a player such as that, you get a great sense that AAS deserves your business. The effects are a HUGE plus.
Count me in.
Old 2nd May 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
How does Lounge Lizard EP4 compare to the Scarbee Rhodes and GSI's Mr Ray mkII?
Old 5th May 2014
Gear Head

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Hi Dickiefunk,

Try out the free demo of Lounge Lizard EP4 here: AAS Virtual Instruments : Lounge Lizard

Download only takes a few seconds to do and I think you will be impressed with the playability and sound.
Old 6th May 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk ➑️
How does Lounge Lizard EP4 compare to the Scarbee Rhodes and GSI's Mr Ray mkII?
Scarbee is a nice sample rhodes player. But Lounge Lizard will give way more sounds. It's even able to produce "outta space" e-piano sounds. And it is very very dynamic. If you got a player like the one in the video ad, it's just a crazy sounding plugin.
Old 27th July 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Well, guess I know what my next purchase is gonna be. This guy is a monster player, love his chops!!! Anybody know what model Novation he's using, and where to look for one??? Great video!
πŸ“ Reply