ARP 2600 Owners - Slider Kits! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ARP 2600 Owners - Slider Kits!
Old 24th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
ARP 2600 Owners - Slider Kits!

Hello ARP 2600 owners.

Are your original ARP 2600 sliders dirty, hard to dial in, crackling, and unstable? Then please stay tuned to this thread because a solution could very well be here.

In response to the success of the replacement kits I've made available for the Odyssey, Avatar, and Axxe, I am also working to make available a Slider Kit for the 2600.

This thread is spin off from thread below to keep things clear and separate. For those interested in ARP Sliders I encourage you to browse the thread below.

https://gearspace.com/board/electron...ders-open.html

To recap and continue on from this thread.

My preliminary research has come up with the following.

1. My minimum order quantity to proceed would be 10 kits.
2. Kit pricing would be in the $550 - $600 USD range (57 sliders per kit) plus shipping. I still need to work out a few more figures before solidifying the final amount
3. Factory production lead times are 7 - 10 business day.

So 2600 owners. Is there a demand? So far I think so. How many of you are there? If feedback is positive I will proceed to the next stage which is ordering samples and an order confirmation stage.
Old 24th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
As stated in the other thread I'm in
Old 24th October 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I'm in provided they are good quality and have a nice feel.
Old 26th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan ➑️
I'm in provided they are good quality and have a nice feel.
That's the thing isn't it? Would it be possible to get a sample slider to check out before buying a whole set?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougt ➑️
That's the thing isn't it? Would it be possible to get a sample slider to check out before buying a whole set?
I began negotiating with the factory for samples a few days ago. I'm just confirming a few details.

One challenge though. I need a reference point. Is there anyone who could provide me an original 2600 slider? Dead or alive is fine. If I order samples I need something to compare to. Or, if there is someone in my area with a 2600 that may work also.
Old 26th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
You might look around for a Moog Satellite - same sliders...
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamero ➑️
One challenge though. I need a reference point. Is there anyone who could provide me an original 2600 slider?
I'm not sure a 35 year old slider is a good reference when it comes to the "feel". I guess most of the original 2600 sliders out there today don't feel the same as they did when they were brand new.

Personally I wouldn't mind if the new sliders doesn't feel exactly like the originals once did, as long as the new ones have a professional/nice feel ... whatever that is. Not very easy to specify.
Old 28th October 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I might be interested in the sliders too, although it's a lot of cash. My 2600 is missing over half of its slider caps -are you going to be getting the caps as well?
Old 28th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I've got a couple of spares I got from synthrestore last year I can send as a sample. Let me know
Old 28th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Keen ➑️
I've got a couple of spares I got from synthrestore last year I can send as a sample. Let me know
Thanks for the offer Bruce. I am just about to pull the trigger on samples from the factory. Are these spares replacements or original? I'm looking for an original to compare to.
Old 28th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by frico ➑️
I might be interested in the sliders too, although it's a lot of cash. My 2600 is missing over half of its slider caps -are you going to be getting the caps as well?
At this time my primary focus is on the sliders. As this continues to grow (Which it seems to be) I may start sourcing other parts such as knobs and caps down the road. Odyssey slider caps are also on my long term list as are keyboard bushings for Pratt and Read keyboards. I am checking with the factory to see if knobs come with the 2600 sliders. The data sheets I received shows knobs in the drawings. If included the next question I'll ask is if they can be ordered separately.
Old 29th October 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I just went thru mine rebuilding each control...very time consuming! However they're definitely working 200% better now. Unbelievable how much crap collects in them over the years. While having access to complete fader kits is great it would be nice to also offer individual sliders or maybe section kits to make it more affordable.
Old 29th October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I would be interested in going in on the sliders as well...
Old 1st November 2012 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamero ➑️
At this time my primary focus is on the sliders. As this continues to grow (Which it seems to be) I may start sourcing other parts such as knobs and caps down the road. Odyssey slider caps are also on my long term list as are keyboard bushings for Pratt and Read keyboards. I am checking with the factory to see if knobs come with the 2600 sliders. The data sheets I received shows knobs in the drawings. If included the next question I'll ask is if they can be ordered separately.
Great, thanks! Will keep an eye on the thread.
Old 6th November 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Update on the 2600 sliders. I have placed a sample order from the factory. I should see them in a few weeks. As soon as they arrive I will provide an update. Would someone kindly send me detailed pictures of an original 2600 slider. I need shots from different angles. Ideally with a ruler in the picture for reference.

Thanks!
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great news! I received the sample 2600 sliders. I am happy to report my findings. I compared them to images and measurements of an original 2600 slider. They are identical with the exception of the leads. The leads would be trimmed to correct length after installation anyway. The replacement 2600 sliders feel smooth and are of correct value. They even include the knob!

My next step will be to solidify costs. I will then gauge interest by opening a one month order confirmation period.

I've included an image below of the replacement 2600 sliders for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
ARP 2600 Owners - Slider Kits!-arp-2600-sliders.jpg  
Old 14th November 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Amazing!!! Great news!!!
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Great. Could you please publish the specs on the sliders... you could omit the manufacturer info and pricing...

-D
Old 18th November 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Are there any plans to make sliders available for the ARP Quadra?
I would love to replace all my Quadra sliders.
Cheers,
Steve
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I am excited to announce the order collection stage for ARP 2600 Slider kits is open!

ARP 2600 Slider Kits will be available for:
USD $499 + shipping.

Interested in being added to the list?

Please fill out the attached form and email it back to the email address noted on the top of the form. This form lets me know who you are, how many kits you are in for, shipping details and PayPal address.

Details, Fine print, FAQ, etc etc..
Payment is not required at this time. Payment will be due within 24 hours of the order confirmation closing date.

The closing date for the order confirmation stage is January 2nd, 2013. At that time, assuming the minimum order quantity is met, payment (including shipping) will be due from all participants and I will place the order with the factory.

I will place the factory order no later than 7 days from the order confirmation closing date.

The factory has a minimum order quantity. If the MOQ is not met then the order cannot proceed. This is the reason for the order confirmation period. To gage interest and ensure these sliders will have a home. So please add your name to the list!

Any information you provide is strictly confidential and will not be used for anything other than getting these sliders to you.

The sliders will be new. Not remanufactured.

Estimated production ready date is 7 - 10 business days from the time the Factory receives the order. Please be aware of the production and transit times accordingly.

Replacing the sliders is a pretty straight forward job. HOWEVER, please do not attempt to install these yourself unless you are comfortable doing so. I will not be held responsible for any damage you do to your ARP, the sliders, or yourself. I am not tech support. If in doubt please take it to a technician for the installation.

If you have questions let me know and I will do my best to answer.
Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: xls ARP 2600 Slider Kit Order Form.xls (31.5 KB, 158 views)
Old 21st November 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by synthmagic ➑️
Do you plan to make any sliders for the ARP Quadra?
I need a new slider for the lead sections filter cutoff.
Cheers,
Steve
Kits are available for the 2600, Odyssey (all versions), Avatar, and Axxe. Kits are not available for the Quadra. Perhaps in the future.
Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
One month to go. Who else is in?
Old 16th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Can anyone suggest other places to post to bring in interest? So far MOQ has not yet been met with just over two weeks to go. I would like to the 2600 Order be a success and proceed to the next stage. Those considering the sliders don't be shy.
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Hi Mamero. Can you lower the price? Can you publish the specs for the sliders? I'm sure both of these things would help rouse some interest. Something around 300 bucks would probably be an easy sell, and you would surely still make some profit. best - D
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
For those interested I have attached specs for the replacment ARP 2600 sliders. Great suggestion the groke.
Attached Files
File Type: xls ARP 2600 Slider Specs.xls (26.0 KB, 200 views)
Old 21st December 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by the groke ➑️
Hi Mamero. Can you lower the price?
Synthrestore.co.uk sells replacement 2600 sliders for the price of Β£10 each. That is $13.23 USD as of today's exchange rate. $13.23 x 57 Sliders = $754.11 USD + Shipping!

I'm sure you will agree that at $499 my kits are more than competitive. They are also $50 below the initial projected amount.
Old 21st December 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Hi Mamero. His full slider kits were actually 400-500 when he had them out, and he seems to do this stuff for a living, so his markup is rather high. I suppose demand sets the price, but since this is a forum buy, and since you are not a store, and since your price point is not garnering interest, it would be very very cool of you to pass these on for something closer to your purchasing price. I'm sure you could still make some profit while offering them for much much less. Sliders cost about 2-3 bucks each when purchased in big lots. 56 sliders X 3 bucks + shipping to CA etc. probably doesn't surpass 200 bucks per set. So, how about selling them for 300 dollars to the amazing gearslutz community You make money, we get sliders, everyone is happy. best - DT
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
One other thing to consider. Anglican Art first purchases all of the sliders with his own money and then sells them. If they don't sell, he loses money, or he sits on dead stock for years (like all those remaining values he has that nobody wants). In contrast, most of your kits are sold and you have the cash in hand before you make the order. While you do put yourself at some risk on our behalf (like if you send all of our money to China and then no sliders arrive), it's just not quite comparable to normal business models.

best - DT
Old 22nd December 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thank you to those who have confirmed your order thus far. You have proven the amount for the ARP 2600 Slider Kits is competitive. We are still a few orders shy of the minimum order quantity. The purpose of this order collection stage is to gauge if interest is strong enough to justify moving forward with the factory order.

The amount per individual kit is $499 + shipping.
For anyone who orders more than one kit I will offer a discount.
2 or more kits: $475 each plus combined shipping (contact me for shipping quote)

Regarding pricing.

There are MANY factors that go in calculating the final amount. The net cost per piece is only a small portion. There are duties, taxes, foreign exchange rate fees, wire transfer fees, PayPal fees, the cost for samples, shipping, MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity), defective pieces. There is also my time. My slider kits don't just magically arrive at the receivers door. There is a lot of time and effort I have invested to get these to you.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 23rd December 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Mamero - you make good profit off these sales, period. What did you make off the Odyssey slider sale? 1,000, 2,000?

And your posts started as you asking for help, yet you turn around and make profit off the same people who chimed in to help you? Um... Please consider opening a store front if that's your passion.

Also... a big thank you to all of the people who put a lot of time and effort into answering thousands of technical questions on this site... I've never paid any of you, yet you have all helped me so much.

Merry Christmas
πŸ“ Reply