FabFilter Pro-DS intelligent de-esser. - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
FabFilter Pro-DS intelligent de-esser.
Old 6th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonkified ➡️
Pretty standard vocal count for modern pop music.
Yeah, I just mixed a track with 45 instrument tracks and 65 vocal tracks.. . I'm with Syra on this. This isn't your average de esser...this does some critical work as opposed to Waves one fader. Completely different beast and WAY worth the price. Fabfilter keeps knocking it outta the park.
Old 6th October 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
This is an impressive tool. The people who coded the algorithm in this plug-in are very smart indeed. So far, this is the best of its kind in my opinion. I won't purchase it this year but I'll definitely get it on 2013. Must-have for post work.
Old 6th October 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
189$ for a freakin' de-esser ???
That´s what I thought until I tried the demo. Amazing and worth every penny. First de-esser I´ve tried that doesn´t have a "de-esser sound". Totally transparent, and single vocal mode does great job finding the esses and leaving all the rest untouched!
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
99$/99€ And I would have bought it too. And I don't think it's that much better (if at all?) than Masseyss
Old 6th October 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Pro-DS ist the first de-esser which fully satisfy me.
At least in comparision with the thing from Eiosis,ToneBoosters,VoxengoVoxformer,SPL and the better cheap/free ones like Spitfish,Tonmann,VoxDoctorII (not available anymore).
Old 6th October 2012
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
This is the best de-esser I've used. Thanks fab guys

-SD
Old 6th October 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Well i heard a lot of praise of the sonnox and a very good friend of mine (he work for TV) told me tha the Eosys is also top notch (the best for him) ...would like to have inputs from guyz that have those and tried the Fab ....

Also about the waves and other stuff ....: the key is to make several "pass" , to not try de-ess in one pass , but to apply several times real smooth de essing .....like we do with comp !! ( alot of time de esser are compression .....except the Eosys ...)
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King ➡️
Yeah, I just mixed a track with 45 instrument tracks and 65 vocal tracks.. . I'm with Syra on this. This isn't your average de esser...this does some critical work as opposed to Waves one fader. Completely different beast and WAY worth the price. Fabfilter keeps knocking it outta the park.
I'm with you Rob. I used it last night on (ironically) one of the most sibilant vocals I ever had to edit (I did not record it) and this plug smoothed it out instantly.

Between Fabfilter and Softube I hardly need anything else.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
Well i heard a lot of praise of the sonnox and a very good friend of mine (he work for TV) told me tha the Eosys is also top notch (the best for him) ...would like to have inputs from guyz that have those and tried the Fab ....

Also about the waves and other stuff ....: the key is to make several "pass" , to not try de-ess in one pass , but to apply several times real smooth de essing .....like we do with comp !! ( alot of time de esser are compression .....except the Eosys ...)
The difference between Pro-DS and the rest is very simple, Pro-DS knows where the "esses" are, which is pretty impressive. I don't know how they did it but it's very smart.
Old 6th October 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
so at least i know one that does that ...
Old 6th October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
This de-esser is the first de-esser to ever actually make me happy and put a smile on my face!
Old 7th October 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
If anyone who isn't already a Fabfilter customer needs a 10% discount on it, pm me your email address and I'll send discount link your way.
Old 7th October 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginaryday ➡️
don't forget the excellent GUI are some of the best around.
Totally agreed. I'd say the best I've seen.

Sent from my GT-P3100
Old 7th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro ➡️
The difference between Pro-DS and the rest is very simple, Pro-DS knows where the "esses" are, which is pretty impressive. I don't know how they did it but it's very smart.
But the big question is, does it know where the "asses" are? Hahahaha....
Old 7th October 2012
Gear Addict

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I would love to hear this to de-ess the voice over in this video with no music behind it. This can be a good test also.
Old 8th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
just demoed it for a few minutes.
it's a great tool. but be careful with it.
it can be overdone, just like any other de-esser.
Old 8th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdefault ➡️
This is the best de-esser I've used. Thanks fab guys

-SD
Demoing it now, truly well done.

TH
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Revisited the demo over the weekend. I bought it.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Most transparent de-esser I've heard and dead easy to use. I tried the Sonnox but didn't like it. Waaaaay to many parameters and (this could be user error mind u) it simply changed the source in a way I didn't like. This guy does the job with a minimum of fuss and sounds completely transparent
Great job FF
Old 9th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Very impressive tool this and the MCdsp DE555 are the best software De-essers I can think of and I have tried many. My waves renaissance was good years ago but these two raised the bar. The Eiosis is also very very good but I don't use it a lot anymore as it is a little tricky to set up. As with all de-essers overuse is horrible but the fabfilter cancels 5-6db with no artifacts and is very easy to set up. It's a buy and a timesaver.
Old 9th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
Excellent as usual !

I think , if i recall that this is the only brand having only good comments whe they release some ...lol no one hate on FF ...
Sorry, but I hate FF.......

Cuz everytime they release a plugin I have to buy it!
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks ➡️
Demoing it now, truly well done.

TH

-SD
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis ➡️
Sorry, but I hate FF.......

Cuz everytime they release a plugin I have to buy it!
Almost got me ...lol
Old 10th October 2012 | Show parent
GMR
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
tihs is the best de-esser IMO i've tried, waves, spl...this one is transparent, works only on the sss's, the rest of the vocal seems untouched as opposed to the other ones !!!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMR ➡️
tihs is the best de-esser IMO i've tried, waves, spl...this one is transparent, works only on the sss's, the rest of the vocal seems untouched as opposed to the other ones !!!
Yeah exactly my first thought....the "Sss" were gone but everything else was normal. Scary good!
Old 10th October 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Maybe some day they'll have a sale on this one...sadly just can't justify $189 at this time.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Old 10th October 2012
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by csiking ➡️
Maybe some day they'll have a sale on this one...sadly just can't justify $189 at this time.
Students get 1/2 off!
Old 10th October 2012
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by topperf ➡️
99$/99€ And I would have bought it too. And I don't think it's that much better (if at all?) than Masseyss
I havent tried it yet, though Masseys is the only de esser I own besides the stock pt one.. So I haven't really heard them all. I felt Masseys was so perfect I didn't need another.. But you gotta try new things in order to know. I don't think I'll be making a purchase unless it blows my mind lol. But I do love fabfilter. Pro Q is my favorite EQ so I mean no disrespect, it's more of a case like "I think I like what I have now."
Old 10th October 2012
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I do happen to fancy any de esser with a range knob. Cause sometimes I crank the threshold to catch the quiet SSSs and it hits the loud ones too hard, so a range knob is always appealing to me lol. And the visuals seem nice (waveform and frequency activity in the frequency selection area).
📝 Reply