Quantcast
MOTU Digital Performer v. 8 shipping - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MOTU Digital Performer v. 8 shipping
Old 25th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
MOTU Digital Performer v. 8 shipping

MOTU's taking orders and shipping the long awaited, 64-bit Mac/Windoze verison of Digital Performer v.8!
MOTU.com - Welcome to MOTU Audio
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Only the Mac version is actually shipping. You can buy the Mac version now but the Windows version isn't released yet and it says they will inform you when it is released. It says "soon".
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Alright, the count down for the release of DP 8 for win has just started I hope. Really looking forward to retry DP back again on Win platform. Last time I used DP was on way back in the days (almost 8 years go or so). One thing for sure these guys have had the time to tweak this DAW and raise the bar. I think just by looking at the features, DP & S1 are the two DAWs that got me really excited about. Looking forward
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Terrific!

Psyched.

- c
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I hope for everyone's sake it actually works well.

Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

anyone know if this is downloadable or a boxed product?
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by method1 ➑️
anyone know if this is downloadable or a boxed product?
Boxed only. No download.

Mac version runs VST and AU plugins/VI's, and will work in Snow Leopard 10.6.8 all the way up to Mountain Lion 10.8. You can also toggle it it to either 32-bit or 64-bit. No 32-bit bridge but that isn't necessary as you can toggle between 32 and 64.

DP8 also supports REX, CAF, and Acid files, Broadcast WAV,
and a long list of other audio file formats. Sample rates go
all the way up to 192Khz. 17 new plug-ins including a new
Dynamic EQ, De-esser, and a Sub-Kick plug-in for enhanced
bass.
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I don't know if I've ever used this emoticon, but:
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich ➑️
Boxed only. No download.

Mac version runs VST and AU plugins/VI's, and will work in Snow Leopard 10.6.8 all the way up to Mountain Lion 10.8. You can also toggle it it to either 32-bit or 64-bit. No 32-bit bridge but that isn't necessary as you can toggle between 32 and 64.

DP8 also supports REX, CAF, and Acid files, Broadcast WAV,
and a long list of other audio file formats. Sample rates go
all the way up to 192Khz. 17 new plug-ins including a new
Dynamic EQ, De-esser, and a Sub-Kick plug-in for enhanced
bass.
So if i'm reading you well although your answer is toward Mac OS platform, but are you saying that MOTU won't make a downloadable version of their DAW? Am I missing something here when all major DAWS company do offer both Boxed & Download? mhmhhmhmmhmhmmhh I hope that MOTU will rethink about it & give the options
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
A bit to late no ? they just reach what every daw are since years ....nothing new ?!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar ➑️
So if i'm reading you well although your answer is toward Mac OS platform, but are you saying that MOTU won't make a downloadable version of their DAW? Am I missing something here when all major DAWS company do offer both Boxed & Download? mhmhhmhmmhmhmmhh I hope that MOTU will rethink about it & give the options
No. Boxed only for MOTU. Also: no pdf manual. Book only. That's their steez.

It's not a big deal, though. You just have to wait a few days.

- c
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya ➑️
No. Boxed only for MOTU. Also: no pdf manual. Book only. That's their steez.

It's not a big deal, though. You just have to wait a few days.

- c
Hahhaha (Only Book no PDF) love that one.

Hold on, so you're trying to tell me that there is no way to trial period before BUY? I mean i'm gonna have to go downtown my music store here and pay for it and what if I don't like it? I guess there is something i'm not getting following here. Anyways, I'll wait & see
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

There's no MOTU reseller/dealer/agent etc around these parts so a downloadable version to demo or buy would be great, looks very cool.
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
My favorite DAW just got better!! I'm so happy!
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by method1 ➑️
There's no MOTU reseller/dealer/agent etc around these parts so a downloadable version to demo or buy would be great, looks very cool.
Indeed. I used it for years and I'd like to use it again on Windows. Without a downloadable version this will be almost impossible.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
All other DAW developers offer download versions? No, I don't think so.

Full version of Pro Tools 10 - boxed
Full version of Cubase - boxed (ok, you can get a cracked full version of Cubase any day of the week, that's another story).

You can download updates of PT and Cubase (as well as DP), but not the full
versions.
Old 26th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hopefully it's not as sluggish as every version of Dp I've ever tried. Including on a current Mac Pro. I've always liked some of DP's features but the performance is absolutely horrible compared to Logic, Cubase or PT on the same exact computer.
Old 26th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
MOTU DP8

THERE IS NO TRY.

- c
Old 26th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hahhaha (Only Book no PDF) love that one.

Hold on, so you're trying to tell me that there is no way to trial period before BUY? I mean i'm gonna have to go downtown my music store here and pay for it and what if I don't like it? I guess there is something i'm not getting following here. Anyways, I'll wait & see
I think you want to be in the whiny little kids' section of the GS.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurliuchi ➑️
I think you want to be in the whiny little kids' section of the GS.
Hahhaha thats funny but take it easy mate
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
All other DAW developers offer download versions? No, I don't think so.

Full version of Pro Tools 10 - boxed
Full version of Cubase - boxed (ok, you can get a cracked full version of Cubase any day of the week, that's another story).

You can download updates of PT and Cubase (as well as DP), but not the full
versions.
Alright true, sorry although I own those DAWs but since I switched to S1 and can simply download the stuff or at least have the choice for either way, feels like I forgot the old school ways since

My bad. Then i'll Hold & will grab a damn DP Box.
Old 26th September 2012
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Would you seriously not get DP because it was not downloadable?
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➑️
A bit to late no ? they just reach what every daw are since years ....nothing new ?!
Their plugin arsenal looks really cool. Also, last I heard neither Ableton or ProTools have 64 bit point processing. Not every DAW is like this one. How many other DAWs have optional skins (which may even be able to influence the mix)? I think just Reaper. also, they have so many damn amp modeling plugins it is crazy. Sure, DP hasn't really brought anything new to the table, but they have done everything well and thoroughly. DP 8 is a winner.
Old 26th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looks great, expect the fact that they haven't upgraded their time-stretching and pitch-shifting algorithms, which produce nasty artifacts on complex material requiring drastic stretching compared to the competitions from what I've listened.

Also, their new "Live Room | B" looks and sounds fabulous, but... No bass amp models to use with it !

Too bad. I hope they'll model at least 2 vintage bass amps in the near future to be used together with that new "live room".
Old 26th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah, only a book manual.. no PDF. Have fun searching! That manual (though extremely well written) is HUUUGE! Any 'absolute' grid mode yet for dragging MIDI notes, as of 7.2 it was only 'relative'? Still looks like no MIDI regions?

I know it sounds silly, but I honestly think DP is better served to people that are good players, and not so much for those into programming. Not saying it's good or bad, just my personal observation says an owner since v3.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjji ➑️
Would you seriously not get DP because it was not downloadable?
Well mate, its quite simple (not because its not downloadable), just because I use to use it way way back as I mentioned earlier right? Since then with technology things have changed with the way of purchasing things. So lets be stop the bull**** cuz I don't get why all of sudden some of you just want to get at me because I raise a very valid point about DOWNLOADABLE DAWs.

As we all know lately DAW Companies have made a way to encourage newer users (in my case being a long time that haven't used it, i'm considering myself as new) by putting downloadable versions (stripped down of course) so they can put their hands on and give it a try. If they happen to like it, they can go and buy it right or wrong? So you guys don't come to tell me that my point or me asking about downloadable version ain't a valid point. Jesus Christ

So no, my answer to you ain't that because there won't be a downloadable version that I won't buy it but the chances can turn out to be less because I already have & own DAWs (like many here). I can (by the way) name many DAWs companies that have their software version downloadable (either its a stripped down version or even better FULL versions) & very few don't nowadays. So please guys, lets cut the crap . I'm just simply exchanging & asking questions thats all. Or I don't know if some of you just decided to get at me today, if so, lets get rolling

Ayayayayi, lets move on guys & get back to the real subject: DP & its features etc... Thanx
Old 26th September 2012
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Oh, ok so it is about demoing the software. That totally passed my mind.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjji ➑️
Oh, ok so it is about demoing the software. That totally passed my mind.
Exactly mate, i was referring about Demoing the DAW but getting it. And even buy a full DAW today (depending which one), as you all know, we can Buy it ONLINE & download the extra Libraries (if the daw comes with some) online just like: S1, Samplitude/Sequoia, Live Ableton & the list goes on right?
Old 26th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
And sonar
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Boxed only. No download.

Do you mean you can actually toggle the 32 bit plugin that isnt 64 bit to 64 bit or do you have to toggle the whole DAW so its running either 32 bit or in 64 bit?

Purpose of a bridge is to run 32 bit and 64 bit plugins concurrently.
πŸ“ Reply