Quantcast
Metric Halo Channel Strip 3 here for AU instruments - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Metric Halo Channel Strip 3 here for AU instruments
Old 23rd September 2012
  #1
Lives for gear
 
jayfield's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Metric Halo Channel Strip 3 here for AU instruments

Been waiting for this guy for my ULN8. There is a 25% discount starting Sept 25th plus some very tasty upgrade prices. Yep--- we're talikin about the same Metric Halo boys who actually pick up the phone when you need support. Now there "kickin it old school" and giving it back to their customers. I love being in the loop with these guys. Any comments on CS3 from Pro Tools users who have had it for a while. Thanks from "The Land of the North"
Old 23rd September 2012
  #2
Lives for gear
 
cane creek's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
So will the Audio units run native without any Metric halo hardware ?
Old 23rd September 2012
  #3
Lives for gear
 
jayfield's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Check this out---seems that they will run in any Mac audio unit host.

Production Bundle for Macintosh AU
Old 23rd September 2012
  #4
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Metric Halo for Windows

I'm no windows guy but Metric Halo Production bundle for windows AAX is a pretty big deal.

AAX: Pro Tools 10 for Mac/Win

The Metric Halo Production Bundle – ChannelStrip 3 , Character , HaloVerb , Multiband Dynamics , Precision DeEsser , TransientControl , and Multiband Expander is now available for Pro Tools 10 Windows and Mac Audio Units, as well as Pro Tools 10 Mac. One iLok license will authorize the Production Bundle in any supported host on Mac or Windows!
Old 23rd September 2012
  #5
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Looking for reviews on the plugins...

People with waves mercury and sonnox using these or redundant?

Or are they sooo good you can't live without them?

Thanx
M
Old 23rd September 2012
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Dusty Angel's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
download the ilok demo license, but where is the AU installer?
the installer who came with the mail ist AAX only.
Old 23rd September 2012
  #7
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Angel ➑️
download the ilok demo license, but where is the AU installer?
the installer who came with the mail ist AAX only.
Demos will be available on Tuesday when it ships...
Old 23rd September 2012 | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Dusty Angel's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh_bj ➑️
Demos will be available on Tuesday when it ships...
the Metric Halo Production Bundle will be also available as Mac VST in future updates?
Old 24th September 2012
  #9
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Biggest question for me as logic user.
Will the CS compressor side chain be able to be triggered by any audio channel or even by an audio instrument?
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #10
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh_bj ➑️
Demos will be available on Tuesday when it ships...
Hello MH,


Huge Congrats!!!

Little confused... Do owners of the ChannelStrip 3 and Character AAX's have to pay an additional fee for the AU versions?

Not seeing any specific info about this on your site nor am I seeing any AU download option.

Looking 4ward to using these plugs in Logic as well!


Thanks!
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #11
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Tesla ➑️
Biggest question for me as logic user.
Will the CS compressor side chain be able to be triggered by any audio channel or even by an audio instrument?
It supports whatever Logic will let you do; that appears to be any track, any input and any bus. Since audio instruments can be routed to busses, it would appear that you can use an audio instrument too.

Best regards,

B.J. Buchalter
Metric Halo
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #12
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Angel ➑️
the Metric Halo Production Bundle will be also available as Mac VST in future updates?
That's the plan, but we do not currently have a projected release date.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #13
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzi ➑️
Hello MH,
Huge Congrats!!!

Little confused... Do owners of the ChannelStrip 3 and Character AAX's have to pay an additional fee for the AU versions?

Not seeing any specific info about this on your site nor am I seeing any AU download option.

Looking 4ward to using these plugs in Logic as well!
Thanks!

It's "one license -- all platforms". No additional fee or license required. Your existing AAX license will enable AU (and Win AAX); you just need to download the installer -- which will be available on 9/25 (Tuesday) when the AU and AAX Windows versions ship.

Best regards,

B.J. Buchalter
Metric Halo
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #14
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek ➑️
So will the Audio units run native without any Metric halo hardware ?
Yes.
Old 24th September 2012
  #15
Lives for gear
 
Simon Morrison's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
64-bit AU?
Old 24th September 2012
  #16
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
$36 upgrade, fantastic!
Old 24th September 2012
  #17
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Well, I'm more confused than ever. I own Channel Strip 2.03 AU which I
use in Digital Performer. I clicked on the link on MH's website to get the
upgrade code for Channel Strip 3, I was sent a code for upgrading to
Channel Strip 3 AAX, which I can't use because I don't have Pro Tools 10.
Furthermore, the code was for an upgrade price of $49, not $36.

Is the upgrade only for the whole bundle? How do I obtain the upgrade for
CS3 AU? Or is there one?
Old 24th September 2012
  #18
Gear Nut
 
diegua's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
enjoy it AU users

I have been using the CS3 and the rest of the MH bundle in Protools. Love it!
It is pretty much my console! It sounds great, very efficient, super versatile and flexible with 4 different kind of compressor + gate and limiter.

Highly recommended!
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #19
Gear Head
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich ➑️
Well, I'm more confused than ever. I own Channel Strip 2.03 AU which I
use in Digital Performer. I clicked on the link on MH's website to get the
upgrade code for Channel Strip 3, I was sent a code for upgrading to
Channel Strip 3 AAX, which I can't use because I don't have Pro Tools 10.
Furthermore, the code was for an upgrade price of $49, not $36.

Is the upgrade only for the whole bundle? How do I obtain the upgrade for
CS3 AU? Or is there one?
<<<Take a look at the release date - I think it is "selfexplaining"
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #20
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morrison ➑️
64-bit AU?
Yes.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #21
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich ➑️
Well, I'm more confused than ever. I own Channel Strip 2.03 AU which I
use in Digital Performer. I clicked on the link on MH's website to get the
upgrade code for Channel Strip 3, I was sent a code for upgrading to
Channel Strip 3 AAX, which I can't use because I don't have Pro Tools 10.
Furthermore, the code was for an upgrade price of $49, not $36.

Is the upgrade only for the whole bundle? How do I obtain the upgrade for
CS3 AU? Or is there one?
It will be available at the sale price starting tomorrow 9/25/2012.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #22
Lives for gear
 
Simon Morrison's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morrison ➑️
64-bit AU?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh_bj ➑️
Yes.
Excellent!
Old 24th September 2012
  #23
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
I've been anxiously clicking refresh all morning to no avail . . .
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #24
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh_bj ➑️
Thanks!

It's "one license -- all platforms". No additional fee or license required. Your existing AAX license will enable AU (and Win AAX); you just need to download the installer -- which will be available on 9/25 (Tuesday) when the AU and AAX Windows versions ship.

Best regards,

B.J. Buchalter
Metric Halo
Thanks... Excellent news!

Might be in your best interest to put this info up on the MH site (including the info about 64Bit AU support). That is, if you haven't done so already.

All the best!
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #25
Lives for gear
 
method1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh_bj ➑️
That's the plan, but we do not currently have a projected release date.
I'd like to know if Mac VST is definitely on the cards. If so I'll grab the bundle at the intro price and wait for the updates.
Old 25th September 2012
  #26
Lives for gear
 
turtlejon's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Are these the same versions of channel strip and character that come with MIO console?
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
  #27
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtripper ➑️
I've been anxiously clicking refresh all morning to no avail . . .
It is live now...
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
  #28
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlejon ➑️
Are these the same versions of channel strip and character that come with MIO console?
They are based on them, but they are enhanced. Check the product pages for more information:

Software Products
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
  #29
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by method1 ➑️
I'd like to know if Mac VST is definitely on the cards. If so I'll grab the bundle at the intro price and wait for the updates.
Yes; but I can't give you any idea of when it will be released.
Old 25th September 2012
  #30
Lives for gear
 
scruffydog's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
It says it's free if V 2 was purchased after october 1 2011...

thats me!

but i can't work out how to get the download or discount code.


Is it live yet?
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 72 views: 16769
Avatar for gabriel0485
gabriel0485 6th April 2014
replies: 295 views: 74250
Avatar for anguswoodhead
anguswoodhead 26th March 2013
replies: 1296 views: 181709
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
replies: 3165 views: 512371
Avatar for Ethan Levy
Ethan Levy 5 hours ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump