Quantcast
Metric Halo Channel Strip 3 here for AU instruments - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Metric Halo Channel Strip 3 here for AU instruments
Old 4th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The free upgrades were sent out a number of days ago. If you did not recieve one an believe that you are entitiled to one, please contact support and provide your serial number.
Old 6th October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
i'm in - bought 'em
Old 7th October 2012
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Interested in the new Channel Strip and Character, ULN-2d user here.

However, the ilok authorization doesn't seem to be recognized by the plugins. I keep getting the "insert ilok or buy" messages on opening them.
Old 7th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU ➑️
Interested in the new Channel Strip and Character, ULN-2d user here.

However, the ilok authorization doesn't seem to be recognized by the plugins. I keep getting the "insert ilok or buy" messages on opening them.
Please open a support ticket: Metric Halo - Helpdesk

Include your iLok.com account so we can take a look at your authorizations.
Old 7th October 2012
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sure.
Old 7th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Upgraded the other day. Well worth the $36. Love the fact it's 64 bit now, the new compressor mode is fantastic, it's great to having working side chain functions in logic (makes the gate WAY more useful). The limiter mode is useful too, although I'm only using it as a safety thing.

EQ still holds its own, great workhorse EQ. One of my must have plugins, has been for years.
Old 8th October 2012
Deleted User #106149
Bit stupid its only for Pro Tools.
Old 8th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcb123 ➑️
Bit stupid its only for Pro Tools.
AU is not ProTools ...

G
Old 9th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm starting to really like having spectrafoo available on the eq and sidechains. Pretty cool.
Old 14th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just felt compelled to say how much I'm enjoying using this software - def one of my better purchasing decisions.
Old 15th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
So for all of the owners, what do you think makes this different than the other "workhorses" (like FabFilter or Sonnox)? I've been trying the demo out and it is nice, just not sure what it would give me over those two sets.
Old 21st October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Just trying out channel strip and absolutely love it. The presets are awesome. Definitely going to purchase whilst it's still at a discounted price.

I'm having difficulty though getting the pumping sidechain effect using the compressor which I can get using other compressors. I'm using Logic in 64bit mode and have the audio track with my kick drum selected as the sidechain input. Is anyone else having trouble with this?
Old 25th October 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I'm concerned by the fact that no one from MH has addressed the repeated questions about whether there will be a MIO/+DSP release of these updated plugins.
Metric Halo, you have a great reputation, please don't give your dedicated hardware clients the silent treatment.
Old 29th October 2012
Deleted 09ad95d
I'm confused, please pardon my ignorance -- I'm considering a ULN-2 and know very little about +dsp.

If I used the AU version of these plugs, do they still use the Metric's sharc, or are they native and hit the Mac's CPU?
Old 30th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
No,the AU version won't tax MH's dsp, they're native
Old 30th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmoderatio ➑️
I'm concerned by the fact that no one from MH has addressed the repeated questions about whether there will be a MIO/+DSP release of these updated plugins.
Metric Halo, you have a great reputation, please don't give your dedicated hardware clients the silent treatment.
I've been beta-testing for MH since the beginning. Let me say two things on this. Neither reveals any proprietary info or should be read to suggest that I have any unstated knowledge about plans and products.

Since I've seen the long arc of their work: 1) I know that they are characteristically tight-lipped about future developments. (Actually, I think this is based on some early experience; hence, they tend not to make promises that outpace possibilities and resources). 2). MH is very consistently committed to supporting the platforms (both Native and DSP-based) it has introduced. Two cases in point: the 2882 is still supported and Channelstrip has been through three revisions.

MH is a small shop and they focus their resources on doing things right. I wouldn't sweat this too much.
Old 6th January 2013
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Hi,

any news on Mac VST yet. MH Production Bundle is my only suite so far which does not support VST and AU. I am on Mac but on Cubase 7. Would like to use the bundle in cubase and not buy Logic to use the AU as well.

Kind regards
tom
πŸ“ Reply