Quantcast
Sknote Rev250 Reverb Plugin - Available Now - Page 8 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sknote Rev250 Reverb Plugin - Available Now
Old 19th May 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quinto, how is this one when tweaking in realtime? I remember that this was not possible with one of the earlier reverbs, Verbtone, but for me realtime tweaking is pretty essential in a reverb plugin.
Old 19th May 2013 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
This one can be smoothly tweaked
Old 19th May 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Excellent!
Old 13th June 2013 | Show parent
GMR
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Would be nice to get the updated version
Old 13th June 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Would be nice indeed, but I promised myself not to wait for the update . Nor believe any estimates..
Old 30th June 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Is it out yet?
Old 30th July 2013 | Show parent
GMR
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Heh Quinto, any ETA on that revised version !! It's been a long while !!!

I basically don't and haven't used this since cause the sound will sound different on the revised version and to use it in my mixes and then will sound different later is not useful!!!
Old 30th July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm quite sure (and remember him saying) that new modes will be added, the default mode is what it is now. The plugin gui has three "empty slots" for additional modes.
Old 1st August 2013 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
What a crazy spring/summer this year.
We worked really really hard to jump into hw market. It was really important, it gives us a broad view on audio technology. Hw experience helps sw development a lot.
Now it is done, presenting five hw products within some days and going to AES in NY in october.
So, I apologize for having been less present here (which is 100% my fun, believe or not ).
To be honest, I also stopped writing because we couldn't know of so many orders on hw and I wanted to slow it down (even the banner here went off, sorry J )

Now it is done, a lot of great sw toys and updates are on the bench ready to go.

Rev250 includes the new algorithms. I love its depth and we'll add still more because the structure is great for variations.

I'm trying to fine tune the sound within one or two days and start with some demos before releasing it.
Old 1st August 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Looking forward to this and your other SW tools Quinto!
Old 9th September 2013
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
any news on the development of REV250 and the 2 extra algorithms?
and by the way any news on Verbtone updates? I still have issues.
Old 9th September 2013
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
any news on the development of REV250 and the 2 extra algorithms?
and by the way any news on Verbtone updates? I still have issues.
Old 9th September 2013 | Show parent
GMR
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah this is getting long Q ! I don't even use it anymore cuz I know when we get the new version, with the "pre delay bug" thing happening it will sound different with the new version it will change my mixes, so now I have a useless plugin waiting to be updated .
Old 29th September 2013
Lives for gear

I'm new to SKnote stuff but am really happy with the C165a I purchased recently. I'm thrilled there's a reverb plug because it's the one area where I don't feel like I already have too many I like to justify more. As soon as this discussed update happens I'm pulling the trigger . . . but like others here I don't want to buy now, use it a bunch and then have it change on me when the update hits. So I wait, semi-patiently with CC in hand.
Old 29th September 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I don't understand why quinto doesn't chime in and get facts straight.

Why on earth would he go and change the main algorithm once he's released the plugin officially? There's three extra slots unused for new/other algorithms.

I don't know for sure ofcourse, so don't take my word for it, but common sense people.

I myself would like to see a bit more user friendly GUI on this one. Maybe it's based on the original unit, but when using phaser/chorus/delay, it's a bit of a guess game which slider does what. And the new algorithms would be nice too. The whole plugin doesn't quite feel like a finished product.
Old 29th September 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave ➑️
I don't understand why quinto doesn't chime in and get facts straight.

Why on earth would he go and change the main algorithm once he's released the plugin officially? There's three extra slots unused for new/other algorithms.

I don't know for sure ofcourse, so don't take my word for it, but common sense people.
Yes. I suppose I should have assumed that (or at least thought a minute about it . . . or asked) before opening my big mouth. (What's new huh? Must learn - think first, type second.)

I guess I'm just a bit more hesitant to pull the trigger due to the lack of information/manual/demo, (is there info on the sknote website about these three extra slots?), coupled with issues raised in this thread, and the (seemingly) delayed promise of a major update. I know it's only $30, but I had to look for change in the sofa yesterday to buy myself a coffee . . . so this week $30 is a lot of money.
SKnote

🎧 10 years
The original idea was to keep the first algorithm intact and add three more. Then, after some serious feedback, I understood what they meant about some details in the sound. So, just very small things could change in the first algo but reverb is such a delicate thing, even a microscopic detail could be hearable.
We'll do some tests here, even though, as you guess, I was overloaded. Now the terribly hard (but fun) months passed and the very deep hw experience is precious for software development, really. You understand a lot of new things when designing, different from the ones you learn analyzing hw.
AES and then a lot of sw waiting here to be used.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➑️
The original idea was to keep the first algorithm intact and add three more. Then, after some serious feedback, I understood what they meant about some details in the sound. So, just very small things could change in the first algo but reverb is such a delicate thing, even a microscopic detail could be hearable.
Okay... So I'm going to wait "patiently" for the update.

Also excited for your take on the Dimension D. I get a lot of use out of the ERS plug and like it a lot. An improvement over (or even just another flavor from) the ERS would be a DDD definite buy.

In the meantime I think I'll grab that GTS-39! Just listened to that kick drum demo - Damn!!! I guess I'll have something to spend what's left of my next cheque whether the 250 update happens before then or not.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Has anyone had any success in Logic X. The reverb Rev250 makes a horrible hiss, and Necklace and Verbtone both crash Logic X on my system. Stagespace is fine though. I dont have problems with other company reverbs in Logic X.
Old 30th September 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
So the main algorithm is going to change afterall? (It was said earlier that it will not). Not much point using current version then.
Old 1st October 2013 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
No, small details in the tail could change (just still a bit better), it will be available in the list, though.
Old 21st December 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Hello again,

Just wondering if this discussed and planned update has happened yet?
Old 24th December 2013 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
A few days left...
Old 31st December 2013 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Here we go with the new enhanced modes!

This is an acoustic guitar raw (mono) recording.

Starts dry, four different lenghts come in and out, shortest to longest, standard (enhanced) mode. Then again, shortest to longest length, new additional "vintage" mode. The last pass is a reasonable (for my taste) medium length setting.
Let me know your feelings if you want.

Guitar - Rev250 Enhanced Modes

(.wav file, 18MB)
Old 31st December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sounds really good. I remember it worked quite well with this kind of material before too. Would be great to hear some more percussive material, that's the kind of stuff that was most problematic due to the early ref / pre-delay / slow buildup "issue"..

Hope we don't have to wait months for a new release, but I'm really looking forward to trying the new modes.
Old 31st December 2013
Gee
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
very nice! cant wait to use it
Old 31st December 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
very impressive indeed. Warm and with a nice modulation. How does it sound on vocals?
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Well, it should be a classic on vocals. I'll try to record some tests.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Now this sounds splendid Quinto!

It's New Year - now release the damn thing
Looking forward to all the updates in 2014 - this is promising!

::
Mads
Old 28th February 2014
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
What a beautiful reverb! Does anyone have any written presets? On osx and presets don't load that I've been looking for.
πŸ“ Reply