Quantcast
Sknote Rev250 Reverb Plugin - Available Now - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sknote Rev250 Reverb Plugin - Available Now
Old 13th March 2013
  #91
Gear Addict
 
Trailmix's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Where's a link? Website doesn't load
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #92
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
www.sknote.it
I see it up and running here...
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #93
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Win 64bit issue solved!!!

If you are using this format, please download it again...
Old 13th March 2013
  #94
Gear Addict
 
Trailmix's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➑️
www.sknote.it
I see it up and running here...
Thanks! Your link worked. Google linked errored.
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #95
Gear Addict
 
frankymax's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quinto- just a suggestion but I think you should start a new thread in New Product Alert to inform everyone that this is a NEW plug-in (even though this thread has been going on for a while now in the Product Alerts older than 2 months...) Also, give the website links and pictures... you know, sell it!!!
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #96
Lives for gear
 
Jolly Jimmy's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankymax ➑️
Quinto- just a suggestion but I think you should start a new thread in New Product Alert to inform everyone that this is a NEW plug-in (even though this thread has been going on for a while now in the Product Alerts older than 2 months...) Also, give the website links and pictures... you know, sell it!!!
I hate to be the one to say it, but it would help if the ETAs of "a few days" weren't given out so freely. Here we are six months later and only now do we see an actual release. All due respect to Quinto and his work, but this is far from the only time that a vastly optimistic release date has been thrown about (StageSpace comes to mind in particular). I'm a big fan of what Quinto has brought to the plugin world, be it his innovative ideas, his stance vis-a-vis copy protection, the ultra-democratic pricing and of course the end result of the plugins that get me (bar a few bugs) where I want to go sound-wise. But the systematic jumping the gun on releases/updates gets pretty old in the end.
Old 13th March 2013
  #97
Gear Addict
 
Trailmix's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Any take the RTAS plunge with this yet on a Mac with HD???
Old 13th March 2013
  #98
Gear Maniac
 
Krzysztof's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Software SKnote Rev250

Rev250 - from the first digital reverb

Out now and available.
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #99
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Some mixing with the new tool...

Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #100
Lives for gear
 
icecubeman's Avatar
 
10 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
And where can I download demo?
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #101
Gear Maniac
 
Uncite's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
AWESOME! Been waiting for this. Sknote rocks!
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #102
Lives for gear
 
jalcide's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Jimmy ➑️
I hate to be the one to say it, but it would help if the ETAs of "a few days" weren't given out so freely. Here we are six months later and only now do we see an actual release. All due respect to Quinto and his work, but this is far from the only time that a vastly optimistic release date has been thrown about (StageSpace comes to mind in particular). I'm a big fan of what Quinto has brought to the plugin world, be it his innovative ideas, his stance vis-a-vis copy protection, the ultra-democratic pricing and of course the end result of the plugins that get me (bar a few bugs) where I want to go sound-wise. But the systematic jumping the gun on releases/updates gets pretty old in the end.
I couldn't disagree more.

It's a rare and valuable privilege that he generously gives, for us to be privy to his upcoming projects (and their progress) -- a transparency most companies don't give away so freely.

In software development -- one of the most complex things humans do -- especially at this level of complexity (DSP, 3rd party SDKs, dual platforms, etc), time estimates are radically fluid. Companies like Microsoft have entire teams of 200K+ salary earning consultants that do nothing but try to figure this out, and they have been off by years. One guy doing it all who is off by six months or more, with multiple products to support, no less, it's totally expected.

Engineers like this are rare and their personal sacrifices are superhero-like.
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #103
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalcide ➑️
In software development -- one of the most complex things humans do -- especially at this level of complexity (DSP, 3rd party SDKs, dual platforms, etc), time estimates are radically fluid. Companies like Microsoft have entire teams of 200K+ salary earning consultants that do nothing but try to figure this out, and they have been off by years. One guy doing it all who is off by six months or more, with multiple products to support, no less, it's totally expected.

Engineers like this are rare and their personal sacrifices are superhero-like.
That's probably the reason many developers only announce new products or formats once they're up and running.
A.
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #104
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
"soon RTAS". It's been years telling RTAS. New plugins come but "soon RTAS" is still there. Tired, tired, tired. Think to ask my money back for not having any RTAS version during this years!
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #105
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➑️
This is the original version. The V2, M1 and M2 buttons let you see planned expansion, we need some real world use and suggestions about the road to go with these. A good idea could be adding an internal limiter to avoid overloading.

The Input knob works right! You should be able to see the meter going up when increasing gain. It is an input gain compensated for by an opposite attenuation at the inpit. It lets you manage the internalworking level. The hardware has a 12/15 bit A/D conversion stage with a special enhancement system (adds those 12 -> 15 bits by dynamic amplification) which is modeled here. The internal level sets how the bits are used. Decrease gain for lower resolution, increase it for higher resolution.
A typical situation is when you use the reverb in a send channel and set very low send levels from the tracks. The reverb would work with very low internal levels. Just raise the gain control for a smoother sound.
Or viceversa decrease it to make it more grainy (less bits). Often it is interesting.
Thanks for clearing these out, will experiment with the input gain.
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #106
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Here's a quick test with a pluggy wavestation sound.

First 2 bars is dry, next 2 bars I set it to 0,5 s - 0 ms predelay - mono.

There's some more, but forgot the rest of the settings already, sorry . I only remember, that they are all set to maximum input gain before it starts to distort, so I guess it's working with maximum bits? In all honesty I can't detect much difference if any when experimenting with the input gain. But it's ofcourse early stages of testing, so far I'm quite liking the results, not necessarily on this sample tho.

I was wondering is it supposed to have a pre-delay even when it's set at 0 ms, if you listen to the first processed bars after dry signal?
Attached Files

rev250.mp3 (797.6 KB, 647 views)

Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #107
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Made another try with Korg Wavestation native.

Two instances of Rev250, one longer (2.5s) and one shorter (~1.0s).

First 18sec/8 bars dry, next 8 bars with reverb.

Really like the sound of this so far, but still a bit puzzled with the pre-delay/reflection when pre-delay at 0ms.
Attached Files

rev250_mix.mp3 (1.13 MB, 636 views)

Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #108
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Great, listening to these later!

Pre-delay: no, it should start from zero. I'll check these samples to understand
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #109
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Thank you to the moderator, good move with the thread
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #110
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenkonio ➑️
"soon RTAS". It's been years telling RTAS. New plugins come but "soon RTAS" is still there. Tired, tired, tired. Think to ask my money back for not having any RTAS version during this years!
Quinto, any word on it?
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #111
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
We want them before the upcoming Frankfurt Musikmesse..l
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #112
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➑️
We want them before the upcoming Frankfurt Musikmesse..l
May I say I don't trust in your words anymore?
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #113
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Could it be the reason why I didn't set a new deadline?
If you want to know what we're thinking here, it is "we must have RTAS done for Musikmesse"
If you want an official deadline, the answer is "too many wrong deadlines, there isn't a new one"


There is AAX, too

Not everything planned goes smoothly. Behind each one of these plugins there is a mountain of activity, not just writing code. Recording, mixing, mastering -> understanding. This is the hardest part of it
Old 13th March 2013
  #114
Gear Addict
 
Trailmix's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Please clarify!

On the website it's say there is RTAS for the Rev 250 and C165a comp available now. Is this correct???
Old 13th March 2013
  #115
Lives for gear
 
davey boy's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Does one have to buy the plugin again if they want it in more than one format?
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #116
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➑️
Could it be the reason why I didn't set a new deadline?
If you want to know what we're thinking here, it is "we must have RTAS done for Musikmesse"
If you want an official deadline, the answer is "too many wrong deadlines, there isn't a new one"


There is AAX, too
AAX is very important yes

Take your time Quinto, do what you must do.
Looking forward to purchase a few from you when AAX is ready

G
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #117
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailmix ➑️
Please clarify!

On the website it's say there is RTAS for the Rev 250 and C165a comp available now. Is this correct???

Quote:
Rev250 effect
From the first digital reverb.
Very deep. Lots of attitude.
Mid-side balance for stereo width control.
Chorus, phaser, delay.
All stages are emulated, including input conversion.
Gain control and meter, from lo-fi to clean.
Available as Win32/64 VST, Mac32/64 VST/AU and soon RTAS
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #118
Gear Addict
 
Trailmix's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Rev250 effect
From the first digital reverb.
Very deep. Lots of attitude.
Mid-side balance for stereo width control.
Chorus, phaser, delay.
All stages are emulated, including input conversion.
Gain control and meter, from lo-fi to clean.
Available as Win32/64 VST, Mac32/64 VST/AU and soon RTAS

On the home page it states as below

Rev250 reverb
Vintage and modern modes
VST, AU, RTAS
available now...

Which one is it???
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
  #119
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
No, all formats are included even if they are available later.
Thanks for the tip about the homepag, it is wronge. Available now was added after the other details.
Working on GTS39 and EMT 250 RTAS today.
Old 13th March 2013
  #120
Gear Addict
 
Trailmix's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➑️
No, all formats are included even if they are available later.
Thanks for the tip about the homepag, it is wronge. Available now was added after the other details.
Working on GTS39 and EMT 250 RTAS today.
Thanks for clarifying.
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 324 views: 49105
Avatar for bugscoe
bugscoe 22nd May 2012
replies: 5 views: 564
Avatar for raymondwave
raymondwave 13th March 2013
replies: 492 views: 79174
Avatar for Mike Caffrey
Mike Caffrey 7th February 2020
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump