Sknote Rev250 Reverb Plugin - Available Now
Old 23rd February 2013 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
I think it will be faster!
Old 24th February 2013 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Some sax playing while changing reverb length.
Reverb switched off at the end.

Rev250 - Sax - room sizes
Old 5th March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Any news on the release?
Old 5th March 2013 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Today or tomorrow
Old 6th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It WILL be worth the wait guys!
Old 6th March 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➑️
Today or tomorrow
I think we can now rule out "today"
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasoundjunkie ➑️
It WILL be worth the wait guys!
Yes, I agree!

I wonder if this version have all four modes (vintage1, vintage2, modern1, modern2)...?

Looking forward to the release...

::
Mads
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld ➑️
I think we can now rule out "today"
Can we rule out "today" as well?
SKnote

🎧 10 years
No
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
C'mon Q, I checked this thread 3 times in the last hour already
Old 6th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm quite interested in this plugin (demos sound great), but what's with the release date teasing? I just read this thread from beginning and it's been nearly six months since "a few days"?
Old 6th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I thought this was already released before Christmas! Looking forward to it.
Old 7th March 2013 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Fixing some details, we're ready to go... it was not that easy... some hours...

It is not teasing, just trying to get it done fast but well...
Old 7th March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quinto just teasing you, getting it right is the key!
Old 8th March 2013 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
So, when it was ready to go, we are stopping for a few days.

Officially released mar 12
Old 12th March 2013 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Here we go, out today
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➑️
Here we go, out today
M2E
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I don't currently own any of this company's plugins but, I'm interested in this plugin as I don't have any thing like this.
The TC VSS3 has an emu of that unit and its good, but it's TDM only and if I go to the new PT system like I think I'am when they release PT11 then I will need the AAX version. I'd settle for the RTAS right now too.
So, I'll patiently wait till that gets released an A/B it to all my other Reverb Plugins to see if I do need this like I think I do.

Plugin looks good, I must say!

Marc... RTAS....
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Yay!
Old 12th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great news, I'm pretty sure I'm buying this and really looking forward to it, but is there a demo? Not that it costs too much, but would be nice to know if it works prior to purchase. I've had a few problems with Presonus Studio One on Mac and AU's crashing the host.
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Still no time to build special demo versions but you'll get such a fast refund that you won't have the time to understand it wasn't working there
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
just buy it, Quintos stuff is fab!
SKnote

🎧 10 years
First lot of licenses out...
Old 12th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sounds pretty good. Quite a few problems tho.

- the vintage/modern buttons don't seem to work, atleast the light's are not working
- input level meter doesn't seem to work
- there is some signal gaining that eventually peaks the left channel and mutes my main output (i have a plugin that mutes the output when it gets too hot). on a quick try i couldn't see or hear what it was that peaks, but it looks like some feedback thing, only it's not really audible.... wierd

Presonus Studio One 2.5 AU 32bit, OS X 10.6.8

I never used the original or the other plugin versions, but this seems to work on some source material better than other. On a quick try not necessarily the best choice for stabby sharp synths, but seems to work great on pads, electric pianos etc softer material.

Had only a few minutes to try this out today, will continue when I have more time.
Old 12th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Very interested in this, but having Verbtone, which is unusable in Logic and Studio one because of heavy distortion and audio muting, I am nervous to buy until I know that the same problems will not occur here too. Many have been waiting for the Verbtone update, but there has been no news for ages. Quinto is there an update for Verbtone in the works?
Old 12th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Interested as usual, but still waiting on long promised bug fixes for other plugins. The fabled user area would be nice too (could be helpful in rolling out the bug fixes!).
Old 13th March 2013 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave ➑️
Sounds pretty good. Quite a few problems tho.

- the vintage/modern buttons don't seem to work, atleast the light's are not working
- input level meter doesn't seem to work
- there is some signal gaining that eventually peaks the left channel and mutes my main output (i have a plugin that mutes the output when it gets too hot). on a quick try i couldn't see or hear what it was that peaks, but it looks like some feedback thing, only it's not really audible.... wierd

Presonus Studio One 2.5 AU 32bit, OS X 10.6.8

I never used the original or the other plugin versions, but this seems to work on some source material better than other. On a quick try not necessarily the best choice for stabby sharp synths, but seems to work great on pads, electric pianos etc softer material.

Had only a few minutes to try this out today, will continue when I have more time.
This is the original version. The V2, M1 and M2 buttons let you see planned expansion, we need some real world use and suggestions about the road to go with these. A good idea could be adding an internal limiter to avoid overloading.

The Input knob works right! You should be able to see the meter going up when increasing gain. It is an input gain compensated for by an opposite attenuation at the inpit. It lets you manage the internalworking level. The hardware has a 12/15 bit A/D conversion stage with a special enhancement system (adds those 12 -> 15 bits by dynamic amplification) which is modeled here. The internal level sets how the bits are used. Decrease gain for lower resolution, increase it for higher resolution.
A typical situation is when you use the reverb in a send channel and set very low send levels from the tracks. The reverb would work with very low internal levels. Just raise the gain control for a smoother sound.
Or viceversa decrease it to make it more grainy (less bits). Often it is interesting.
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis ➑️
Very interested in this, but having Verbtone, which is unusable in Logic and Studio one because of heavy distortion and audio muting, I am nervous to buy until I know that the same problems will not occur here too. Many have been waiting for the Verbtone update, but there has been no news for ages. Quinto is there an update for Verbtone in the works?
Verbtone uses such an heavy low-level optimization to be able to manage physical models, lots of updates, some problems are still there.
Yes of course it will get an update and the new plate models. Took a lot of time because of the attempts.

This one is lighter (it emulates very old technology with low sample rate) so no such stress on the optimization
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Jimmy ➑️
Interested as usual, but still waiting on long promised bug fixes for other plugins. The fabled user area would be nice too (could be helpful in rolling out the bug fixes!).
Grrr... still waiting for it... the only thing we're not doing ourselves... :/
SKnote

🎧 10 years
A very simple readme file is available for download on the website.
It is useful mainly for the other effects (phaser, chorus, delay) and the meaning of the controls.
The effects are more evolved than in the original hw, internalmodulations have been added to make the effects usable and some outputs are mixed instead of split (chorus).
The delay is ping pong so we can manage its stereo width and even make it mono by the width control.
Experiment with internal level for different sounds.
πŸ“ Reply