Quantcast
Sknote Rev250 Reverb Plugin - Available Now - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sknote Rev250 Reverb Plugin - Available Now
Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent
  #31
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF ➡️
Count me in as a new customer as soon as RTAS is out :-).
ERS is also in the running...
A.
Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent
  #32
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
It is impressive how much the "bad" quality of the converters is important to the sound of some reverbs...
Old 24th January 2013
  #33
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Hey Quinto, sorry for the OT but any news on the DDD dimension chorus ?
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
  #34
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Coming soon after this one, could be a few days. We need it in an ongoing mix, so...
Old 26th January 2013 | Show parent
  #35
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➡️
Coming soon after this one, could be a few days. We need it in an ongoing mix, so...
Great, really looking 4ward to this one. Miss that sound since getting rid of my UAD cards !
Old 26th January 2013 | Show parent
  #36
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Wow, sooo many reverbs around!

Absolutely the first test with the new Rev250.

The song is "Evoluciòn" by Desorden Perfecto.

There are two instances of Rev250 in the mix.
The tracks are divided into two sets. Each set of tracks has individual (on a track basis) sends to a reverb.

One instance is set to a rather small room, the other one is set to a long tail.

The song starts dry, then the short reverb comes in (drums, upright bass, bandoneon, etc.), then the longer reverb comes in (piano, bows, etc.), then out, in, etc...
Just the effect bypass are automated on the two reverbs.

Desorden-Perfecto_Evoluciòn_Rev250

That's it
Old 26th January 2013 | Show parent
  #37
Gear Addict
 
frankymax's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Yes Quinto, many new reverbs but this demo, to my ears, sounds fantastic. Yet another one of your products I must get, especially if it's at your usually amazing prices! I hope you can release this soon, I have a project I'd love to use it on.

By the way, nice song too!
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
  #38
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➡️
Wow, sooo many reverbs around!

Absolutely the first test with the new Rev250.

The song is "Evoluciòn" by Desorden Perfecto.

There are two instances of Rev250 in the mix.
The tracks are divided into two sets. Each set of tracks has individual (on a track basis) sends to a reverb.

One instance is set to a rather small room, the other one is set to a long tail.

The song starts dry, then the short reverb comes in (drums, upright bass, bandoneon, etc.), then the longer reverb comes in (piano, bows, etc.), then out, in, etc...
Just the effect bypass are automated on the two reverbs.

Desorden-Perfecto_Evoluciòn_Rev250

That's it
Well, sounds good, but your mix is pretty dense. Could you post something a little simpler so we could really hear the verb? Like a single piano or vocal?
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
  #39
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Yes, of course, naked and exposed! Coming soon...

Ans if anybody wants to contribute with an interesting dry sample... just send it...
Old 9th February 2013
  #40
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Ok, here is a naked sample.
A cello, starts dry, then the (very short) reverb comes in, then dry again, a longer reverb and so on, from 0.5 to 4.5s reverb length.
From the very long reverb I start reducing room size and then ends dry again.

Rev250_cello_solo

(the sample is by Desorden Perfecto)
Old 11th February 2013 | Show parent
  #41
Lives for gear
 
mljung's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➡️
Ok, here is a naked sample.
A cello, starts dry, then the (very short) reverb comes in, then dry again, a longer reverb and so on, from 0.5 to 4.5s reverb length.
From the very long reverb I start reducing room size and then ends dry again.

Rev250_cello_solo

(the sample is by Desorden Perfecto)
Sounds promising - ready to test... [as you know]

::
Mads
Old 11th February 2013
  #42
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Sounds really good. When?
Old 11th February 2013 | Show parent
  #43
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
A few days left.
You see me having fun but it is very very hard
Old 11th February 2013
  #44
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Does sound very good, very convincing!
Keep going to the finish line quint. We are waiting for you!
Old 12th February 2013 | Show parent
  #45
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Ok, here is another sample, an acoustic guitar. It's me playing with reverb length and wet/dry mix, from very short to huge reverb.

At the end you can hear the Stereo Phaser mode. I like it

Then short reverb again and ends dry. Looots of modulation.

Rev250 - Guitar - Reverb and Stereo Phaser
(Thanks Ulrich!)
Old 12th February 2013 | Show parent
  #46
Gear Guru
 
SWAN808's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➡️
Ok, here is another sample, an acoustic guitar. It's me playing with reverb length and wet/dry mix, from very short to huge reverb.

At the end you can hear the Stereo Phaser mode. I like it

Then short reverb again and ends dry. Looots of modulation.

Rev250 - Guitar - Reverb and Stereo Phaser
(Thanks Ulrich!)
sounding good
Old 12th February 2013
  #47
Lives for gear
 
dasoundjunkie's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Really like this, makes the sound more involving but maintains the integrity of the source. Can't wait Q!!!
Old 13th February 2013 | Show parent
  #48
Lives for gear
 
poshook's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 ➡️
sounding good

In both examples (chello, guitar) I can hear the reverb more on the left
Old 13th February 2013 | Show parent
  #49
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Yes, that's it. The first reflection in 250
Old 14th February 2013 | Show parent
  #50
Gear Guru
 
SWAN808's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
the phaser also sounds really good...very 'analogue'...often I find plugin phaser/flanger/chorus to sound a bit thin...
Old 14th February 2013 | Show parent
  #51
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➡️
Yes, that's it. The first reflection in 250
So are you saying the reverb must "lean" to the left ?
Have you tried balancing it ?
Old 14th February 2013
  #52
Gear Maniac
 
djayart's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Wao it sound very good.
Old 14th February 2013 | Show parent
  #53
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
It is the Haas effect, the first reflection rules... Probably so much reverb makes it hearable. I'll check it, there is room for those V2, M1 and M2 variations, so...
Old 14th February 2013 | Show parent
  #54
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➡️
It is the Haas effect, the first reflection rules...
Of course.....

I reckon you may be able to work some magic Q and tame it.
Old 14th February 2013 | Show parent
  #55
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
It is the usual situation in front of an emulation: do it the same or change some details we don't like?
V1 like the original and V2 with a different twist could be the solution.
Another idea is to make a radical variation to the algorithm and add a "plate" mode. Less deep, more body.
The modern modes are going to be true stereo.
Old 14th February 2013 | Show parent
  #56
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➡️
V1 like the original and V2 with a different twist could be the solution.
Sounds like a good plan
Good luck.
Old 15th February 2013 | Show parent
  #57
Lives for gear
 
screentan's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➡️
It is the usual situation in front of an emulation: do it the same or change some details we don't like?
V1 like the original and V2 with a different twist could be the solution.
Another idea is to make a radical variation to the algorithm and add a "plate" mode. Less deep, more body.
The modern modes are going to be true stereo.
ERS also seem to have made changes to the original from what I read in that thread.

Why not have two buttons, Original and Enhanced? One selects the original unchanged model and the other selects the new and improved model.
Old 15th February 2013 | Show parent
  #58
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Yes, that's it. We have four buttons: V1, V2, M1, M2.
And we don't have to stick to the original anyway, if after some testing we decide the first reflections are better if different from the original we can simply trash it
Old 20th February 2013 | Show parent
  #59
GMR
Lives for gear
 
GMR's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
This will be a must, can't wait to try it !
Old 23rd February 2013 | Show parent
  #60
Gear Addict
 
frankymax's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
just bumping this thread to see if Quinto will give us an ETA on this bad boy!

Maybe by March 1st?
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 324 views: 49105
Avatar for bugscoe
bugscoe 22nd May 2012
replies: 5 views: 564
Avatar for raymondwave
raymondwave 13th March 2013
replies: 492 views: 79174
Avatar for Mike Caffrey
Mike Caffrey 7th February 2020
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump