The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sknote Rev250 Reverb Plugin - Available Now
Old 30th September 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardis ➡️
Presets would be fun!
+1 Would love to dial in a Quincy MJ lead vox preset! Shamone!
Old 5th December 2015 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Here is a new post with example and preset for Rev250 in our new SKnote audio blog. Enjoy!

www.sknote.it info library | audio experiences
Old 8th April 2016 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
er... just bought this spontaneously last night instead of going to bed...

and now I just found out that this thing is ridiculously good on vocals - and that goes for all modes (even if I currently tend to prefer V2).
Old 9th April 2016 | Show parent
Gee
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens L. ➡️
er... just bought this spontaneously last night instead of going to bed...

and now I just found out that this thing is ridiculously good on vocals - and that goes for all modes (even if I currently tend to prefer V2).
Funny it was a spontaneous buy for me as well a while back and I use it all the time.
Old 9th April 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee ➡️
Funny it was a spontaneous buy for me as well a while back and I use it all the time.
Yep one of the best Reverb/Effects i have in my Arsenal beautiful work Quinto!
Old 11th April 2016
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Yeah! Glad you like it! :D
Old 29th July 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciggi ➡️
Yep one of the best Reverb/Effects i have in my Arsenal beautiful work Quinto!
Yep, came across this one recently. I've had the UAD EMT250 for a while and this is equally just as good IMO with additional tools to make mixing that much sweeter. It's intuitive to use, GUI is great and at a price 1/10th of my UAD purchase. What's not to love. Quinto, how do you do it?
Old 15th February 2017
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Here is a new post in our audio blog. Rev250 on guitars.

Really wonderful effect :D

Rev250 on Guitars - Deep reverb
Old 21st February 2017 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Coming as AAX and AAX-DSP, finally!
Old 21st February 2017 | Show parent
Gee
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➡️
Coming as AAX and AAX-DSP, finally!
Just tell us when!
Old 23rd March 2017 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Going to beta in a week, then out.
Old 9th September 2017
Here for the gear
Is Rev250 a VST3 plugin. It's not showing up in Mixbus
Old 9th September 2017 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
You digging up this thread made me read Quinto's post right above yours - so funny. (not that I would care about AAX at all, but still...)
Old 9th September 2017
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Does anyone know what happened to Quinto? Is he still in business?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimos Guitar ➡️
Does anyone know what happened to Quinto? Is he still in business?
For all intents and purposes he has taken his business to Facebook.
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok ➡️
For all intents and purposes he has taken his business to Facebook.
alright, thanks, is there a sknote page? I will have a look. Thanks, Geret
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimos Guitar ➡️
alright, thanks, is there a sknote page? I will have a look. Thanks, Geret
There is an FB link (& Twitter) on their home page. I am not a FB user myself.
Old 10th September 2017
Here for the gear
He is on Facebook under Sknote, and was implying that there are updates, and some new stuff in September.
I've got all my other Sknote plugs working in Mixbus without problems. even Disto hasn't glitched.

Stagespace blends real well with mixbus, all Quinto's plugs I've tried do. It would be nice if I could get Rev 250 to show up.

My Eventide Reverbs,and IR-1 somehow sound less natural in it.

I would like to try Verbtone, and Valhalla But I'm not sure they will show up.
Old 19th September 2018 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Ok, time for the AAX version. Public beta out in a couple days.
Old 20th September 2018
Gee
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Nice!
Old 20th September 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➡️
Ok, time for the AAX version. Public beta out in a couple days.
I’ve been waiting for this! Cmon lol
Old 20th September 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Send the beta to me, if you like, Quinto!
Old 17th November 2019
Lives for gear

Hi guys. I know it's an old thread but I need some help from the owners of Rev250. I love Quintos plugins and I about purchasing this unit too. But I already own Valhalla vintage reverb which seems to cut into the same wood a bit. And Rev250 is an older plugin. Do you think Rev250 adds to the palette? Thank you in advance. Would like to hear your opinions.
Old 17th November 2019 | Show parent
Gee
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun ➡️
Hi guys. I know it's an old thread but I need some help from the owners of Rev250. I love Quintos plugins and I about purchasing this unit too. But I already own Valhalla vintage reverb which seems to cut into the same wood a bit. And Rev250 is an older plugin. Do you think Rev250 adds to the palette? Thank you in advance. Would like to hear your opinions.
I have them both and don’t feel the sound similar. Vintage verb is the developers take on reverbs of a certain era and this an emulation of an emt 250. I’m also a bit of a verb junkie so take what I say with a grain of salt but I use them both often.

On that note Quinto How’s the AAX update coming along!?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee ➡️
I have them both and don’t feel the sound similar. Vintage verb is the developers take on reverbs of a certain era and this an emulation of an emt 250. I’m also a bit of a verb junkie so take what I say with a grain of salt but I use them both often.

On that note Quinto How’s the AAX update coming along!?
Thank you. That´s an important imformation
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Valhalla Vintage Verb is Sean Costello's take on a variety of classic vintage digital reverbs... the different algo's sort of portray different classics, albeit with his own modifications, so to say - and for the EMT250 the algorithm would be Sanctuary.

Here's what the man himself said about it (over at KVR):

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallasound

ValhallaVintageVerb was designed to emulate some hypothetical midpoint between the 224, 224XL, and 480L, so it is interesting that you mention all 3 of these. In my mind, these are 3 very different reverbs:

- 224: DARK, noisy, lush, can distort at high decay settings. The algorithms are all based around modulation - if they aren't modulated, they sound really ringy and metallic. Modulation turns them into things of beauty.

- 224XL: Much brighter than 224 (15 kHz bandwidth, versus 8 kHz bandwidth of 224). Same fixed point processing as 224, but changing the sampling rate puts the artifacts into the very high frequencies as compared to the 224. Has brighter versions of all 224 algorithms, but also introduces Rich Plate and Rich Chamber. The "Rich" algorithms have a smoother and less metallic sound than the 224 algorithms, and don't need modulation to sound good. That being said, ALL of the 224XL reverb algorithms have lush, chorused modulation, so adding this to Rich Plate and Rich Chamber results in some truly beautiful reverbs.

- 480L: Higher sampling rate than 224XL, so more of a "full bandwidth" box. The basic reverb algorithms are refined versions of the 224XL Rich Plate and Rich Chamber, with adjusted delay lengths, different locations for the filters, and the addition of Shape & Spread to allow for slower and longer reverb attacks. The chorusing modulation was removed from the basic 480L algorithms. Later on, the 480L saw the addition of Random Hall and Ambience, which introduce a few new types of modulation to the reverb algorithms. These new modulation styles result in less random pitch shifts than the 224/224XL chorusing modulation, but they also lost some of the richness of the 224XL algorithms IMO.

ValhallaVintageVerb is all about mixing and matching vintage reverb sounds from these different eras:

- Do you want to hear a cleaner, more modern version of the 224 Hall? Use the Concert Hall algorithm, with the NOW color mode.
- Do you want a dirtier version of the same? Use Dirty Hall, in 70s or 80s color mode.
- Interested in a 480L Room/Hall algorithm, but with chorusing modulation and a darker color? Use Smooth Room in 70s mode.
- Random Hall stuff? Use Smooth Random. Choose 70s mode, to hear a random algorithm that never existed on the 224.
- 224XL Rich Plate, but with extra clarity/transparency for a more modern sound? Use Smooth Plate in NOW mode.
- EMT250/224 Constant Density Plate, but less ringy, and with less random pitch drift for long decays? Sanctuary.
- 224XL Plate (which is different from the Rich Plate & Constant Density Plates in the 224XL)? Use Dirty Plate in 80s mode.

Do any of these modes religiously emulate a particular era of hardware with 100% accuracy? Nope. Some of the modes get darned close (and were dialed in by using lots of vintage hardware as a point of comparison, including the Lexicon 224XL/300/480L/PCM60/PCM70), but my philosophy was to expand upon the originals, and add options & improve usability. The plugin has more controls than a 224, but less than a 224XL/480L, in order to be easy for audio workers to dial in the sound they want to hear, and get on with making music.

Anyway, that's my $0.02. I'd recommend trying the demo, and comparing it to any other reverbs you want to hear.

Sean Costello
Old 18th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens L. ➡️
Valhalla Vintage Verb is Sean Costello's take on a variety of classic vintage digital reverbs... the different algo's sort of portray different classics, albeit with his own modifications, so to say - and for the EMT250 the algorithm would be Sanctuary.

Here's what the man himself said about it (over at KVR):
Great info
Thank you.
Old 19th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
IMO, VVR (sanctuary mode) can be deeper, darker and smoother... And has far more structural control.
As I haven't been hands on with a real 250 for AGES, I won't make comparison's in that direction.

They both get used around here.
📝 Reply