Sknote Rev250 Reverb Plugin - Available Now - Page 12 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sknote Rev250 Reverb Plugin - Available Now
Old 16th January 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➑️
The new Rev250 v.2 is now available for dowload.

If you have access to it in the user area you can download it now.

Smoother and deeper, new algorithms

Officially announced soon.
Early bird (6 A.M. here) does get software!
User area download fine here. Win32 and Win64 includes both dll. So download one zip would be fine?
Old 17th January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is this VST only now on Mac? I downloaded the zip and it has only VST inside.

Took me a while to figure out the user area btw, I didn't realize the "Download" text that appears after you choose os from drop down menu was a link. I was just wondering why nothing happens, tried a few different browsers. Might be a good idea to write instructions to click the Download link.

Last edited by raymondwave; 17th January 2015 at 09:17 AM..
Old 17th January 2015 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Yes, of course, instructions needed, both for installation (which were included in the email) and for download.

To get the AU: like for the previous version, download the Mac VST version and replace .vst with .component
Old 17th January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The instructions for renaming were in the original email two years ago, that's right, didn't remember.

For the user area I have only recieved one email in december and it didn't have this info.
Old 17th January 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Are the highs and lows levers acting like shelves like they show below them? On all reverb algorithms? Either they are very subtle, or they are doing something else? On some algos I can hear/see more bottom end when I turn up the lows, but on some I don't. On highs maybe some roll off and very subtle shelving, can't be sure.

Modern 2 seems to be the "cleanest" and what I like the most after a quick test.
Old 17th January 2015 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Oh, about instructions included in the old email I meant renaming Mac files to get AU. Now they need to be put on the website, of course.

The filters are in feedback paths. You can hear how the spectrum evolves if you set a very long reberb with extreme filter settings. Don't look for the sound of an input filter. They control how that range evolves, its duration.

M modes have more resources available, but V modes sound a lot deeper to me. They should be very useful on different sources.

Something interesting with these emulations is how they give the pitch modulation convolution just can't do.
Old 17th January 2015
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Software SKnote Rev250 vintage reverb V.2 - Released

Finally! We just released the new Rev250 v.2.

It includes general improvements (smoother) and three new algorithms.

V modes are two versions of the original algorithm. They inlude bit-depth and samplerate reduction.

M modes use full samplerate and bit-depth and use more resources.

Features:

- Four reverb algorithms
- Downsampling
- Input stages
- Phaser
- Chorus
- Delay
- Gain control
- Mid-side balance for stereo width control
- Chorus, phaser, delay
- Gain control and meter
- Available as VST Win32/64, Mac32/64 VST/AU

Link: www.sknote.it - Hardware and Software Products for Audio

MSRP: 29.99$

Note: it is a free update for v.1 users and is available through the new user area
Old 18th January 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Sorry for bringing this up again, but I wish you guys could share some info on the AAX/RTAS subject now.
I have bought several of your Plugs expecting AAX to come out, but still no go on that end ...

Please enlighten us

Thanks,
G

Quote:
Well, I've written so many wrong deadlines...
We'll be at Frankfurt Musikmesse in april and we NEED RTAS/AAX done before that...
(This quote is from a post 2 years ago )
SKnote

🎧 10 years
As you can easily imagine I was overladed. I'm working on PT versions now.
I'm the only one who puts his hands on sw here and I thought I was superman.
Now new products are waiting until PT versions are done, except announced updates, of course.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
As you can easily imagine I was overladed. I'm working on PT versions now.
I'm the only one who puts his hands on sw here and I thought I was superman.
Now new products are waiting until PT versions are done, except announced updates, of course.
Thanks Quinto.

I believe there will be a rush of funds coming your way when the PT version is ready

G
Old 19th January 2015 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Note: the four variations in the new v.2 are for the reverb, while other effect maintain the original algorithms.
Old 20th January 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
This update looks pretty rad... would anyone be able to comment on the CPU hit please? heh
Lives for gear

7 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by transverb ➑️
This update looks pretty rad... would anyone be able to comment on the CPU hit please? heh
I am only asking this out of curiosity, I truly am not trying to be rude...

Why do so many people ask about CPU hit for something like a reverb plugin (something that most people are not going to have a huge number of in any given session like you might with a console emu, eq, etc)? I know that not everyone can have the biggest and most powerful monster DAW, but even something "older' and "out-dated" like a standard quad-core or a robust dual core should not be a huge problem for a "serious hobbyist". And being a hobbyist is not a bad thing, some amazing music comes from people who do not make a living (or maybe any money at all) from their music creations. But I see more and more developers are starting to code for a more modern architecture, and it's a good thing because some of the cooler plugin tech happens to be more CPU intensive than a simple eq from 10 years ago.
So to address the question of CPU hit from the Rev250, I can say that with a basic Core2 Quad the hit is negligible. And from a new 4.4gHz i7, it's like there is no plugin even loaded.... Doe that help?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by richinmusic ➑️
I am only asking this out of curiosity, I truly am not trying to be rude...

Why do so many people ask about CPU hit for something like a reverb plugin (something that most people are not going to have a huge number of in any given session like you might with a console emu, eq, etc)? I know that not everyone can have the biggest and most powerful monster DAW, but even something "older' and "out-dated" like a standard quad-core or a robust dual core should not be a huge problem for a "serious hobbyist". And being a hobbyist is not a bad thing, some amazing music comes from people who do not make a living (or maybe any money at all) from their music creations. But I see more and more developers are starting to code for a more modern architecture, and it's a good thing because some of the cooler plugin tech happens to be more CPU intensive than a simple eq from 10 years ago.
So to address the question of CPU hit from the Rev250, I can say that with a basic Core2 Quad the hit is negligible. And from a new 4.4gHz i7, it's like there is no plugin even loaded.... Doe that help?
I think it's a fair question...

I my case it's a combination of factors: I tend to use fairly cpu intensive instruments when I'm doing soundtrack work. I overindulge in rev and delay buses. And I have some really bad mixing habits such as not bouncing those cpu-intensive tracks. I have commitment issues. Which is not great when doing a mix.

I completely agree with you in ref to coding for modern architecture. I love mixing in our current ITB climate... some companies are making brilliant plugins!

Cheers for the info, I appreciate the time... and it does help.
Lives for gear

7 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
I think it's a fair question...

I my case it's a combination of factors: I tend to use fairly cpu intensive instruments when I'm doing soundtrack work. I overindulge in rev and delay buses. And I have some really bad mixing habits such as not bouncing those cpu-intensive tracks. I have commitment issues. Which is not great when doing a mix.

I completely agree with you in ref to coding for modern architecture. I love mixing in our current ITB climate... some companies are making brilliant plugins!

Cheers for the info, I appreciate the time... and it does help.
Fair enough then! I think that this plugin will be fine for your bad habits...lol
Old 23rd January 2015 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Well, transverb sounds more as an insert than a send, so I understand

Any feeling about the M modes? They use more resources and are more dense, the result sounds less deep but more glued to the source to me...
Old 23rd January 2015
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I do like the M modes a lot. They seem more natural and do glue better. V seems to be a deeper more dramatic sound. I do like a drier verb since I tend to overuse reverb (and have to watch that). Is the modulation on the 1 modes tremolo? Haven't dived into that as much, since the straight verb is so lovely. I'd be psyched to hear some tests and opinions from the "reverb mavens" out there! Been using it on harmonica and vocal, really works well with a room reverb to give a little extra space....
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Everything is pitch and amplitude modulation. The classic way of hiding artefacts due to poor resources, fantastic as an effect on several sources.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Well, transverb sounds more as an insert than a send, so I understand

Any feeling about the M modes? They use more resources and are more dense, the result sounds less deep but more glued to the source to me...
Hi Quintosardo,

Sounds like you are really changing the software side of you company by introducing a user area. Very groovy.

I understand you have an awesome price point (thank you) and allow returns... any chance you will also be adding demo versions for trial? Or is the best thing to do is purchase and return if not happy?

Cheers.
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Yes, this is really changing everything. And it is just the surface

The point with demos is, other than more work needed, tat we don't apply any kind of copy protection at all. Just watermark. So a demo version would be just a reduced version, which sounds bad. A full version with a refund policy lets me give assistance to a reasonable number of users...

Will be better, we'll see.

Priorities today are updates, new products, RTAS/AAX.
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hi Quintosardo,

Sounds like you are really changing the software side of you company by introducing a user area. Very groovy.

I understand you have an awesome price point (thank you) and allow returns... any chance you will also be adding demo versions for trial? Or is the best thing to do is purchase and return if not happy?

Cheers.
He also supports reselling which is very cool, no fees etc.
Old 15th March 2015 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
We'd trade one license with some audio demo. Gives inspiration. Send me an email if interested
Old 24th April 2015
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Hey how are people liking the updated reverb? Funny seems like with the site update much less SKnote chatter. I really like the updated version. The lighter mode is really useful. I always miss not having presets on Quinto's emulations. I like to use them for a quick dial in and then go from there. Anyone want to share? Anyway thought I'd bump this!
Old 27th September 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think there needs to be a mode added without those extreme Early Reflections, compared to the ERS version(not saying it's the definitive emulation) the ER are wayy too much, is that really accurate like the real deal? I've read the earlier posts but nothing seems to have happened?
Old 27th September 2015 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Yes, it was updated to the actual one, with four new modes.

If you have a simple audio example just post it here or send it to my email. Some result you don't like.

These effects are always improving and a sample is the best way of getting it going where you want

I'm thinking it may be a lack of a first reflection.

Last edited by quintosardo; 27th September 2015 at 12:40 PM..
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Yes, it was updated to the actual one, with four new modes.

If you have a simple audio example just post it here or send it to my email. Some result you don't like.

These effects are always improving and a sample is the best way of getting it going where you want

I'm thinking it may be a lack of a first reflection.
Here you go, check attachment I already posted about this on KVR a while back but you just said it was ER, I'm still not sure if it's right?

Not to mention the weird clicks introduced with REV250 and the frequency content away up at 20khz...

This plugin works for stuff but I do believe it could be better/more accurate(?) if solutions to these issues were corrected.. or are they proper EMT 250 behaviour?

I'm using the V2 that I bought in May.

Both settings are the same on the ERS and REV250(Standard Mode). Decay, Low Shelf and High Shelf at 0 and Predelay at 40ms, 50%mix on just some Groove Agent Bongos.

And a picture of the peak away up at 20khz with Rev250..
Attached Thumbnails
Sknote Rev250 Reverb Plugin - Available Now-rev250-resonance.png  
Attached Files

ERS_REV250.wav (5.24 MB, 864 views)

Last edited by Cabrone; 27th September 2015 at 01:07 PM..
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Great, is the dry file there?

I never compare plugins, though, I think it is wrong. I'll do some tests with the dry file.

Last edited by quintosardo; 29th September 2015 at 02:39 AM..
Old 28th September 2015
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Presets would be fun!
Old 29th September 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Great, is the dry file there?

I never compare plugins, though, I think it is wrong. I'll do some tests with the dry file.
Sure...

I can understand not comparing the plugins but it's all I've got to reference too, REV250 sounds better overall but that initially pre-delay/early reflections, whatever you want to call it, is killing it and some others seem to feel the same..

All I'm looking for is an as accurate as possible emulation of the EMT 250, if that is as accurate as can be expected then I'll shush() but it feels way off?

Not to mention that 20khz peak/clicking, does the real deal do that?

Cheers.
Attached Files

bongos.wav (2.33 MB, 685 views)

Old 29th September 2015 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Let's work on it
Usually the right sample says it all.
20KHz noise: not there by purpose, of course. I'll check soon, thanks for the sample!
πŸ“ Reply