Quantcast
Sknote MCAudioLab EQ1 Plugin (VST, AU, RTAS) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sknote MCAudioLab EQ1 Plugin (VST, AU, RTAS)
Old 22nd September 2012
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Software Sknote MCAudioLab EQ1 Plugin. (VST, AU, RTAS)

COMING SOON

MCAudioLab EQ1 Plugin - Solid State and Tube power supply edition, VST, AU, RTAS

A pultec-style equaliser, with tube output stage, solid state and tube power supply options.
It includes two stacked units for linked or dual control, plus a special 1U device with boosting (driving the inputs), linking and Mid/Side matrix.

The emulation also includes both power supplies options, solid state and tube.

Will update as soon as i get more info...

Link : To follow...
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Well what can i say? Quinto is the Man!!
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Sknote MCAudioLab EQ1 Plugin (VST, AU, RTAS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynash ➑️
Well what can i say? Quinto is the Man!!
Interestingfor sure but Quinto how bout completing them without all the teasers?
Old 22nd September 2012
SKnote

🎧 10 years
The post isn't mine
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yum yum yum yum i'm drooling here. Bring this baby out asap. Quinto #Sknote rocks. Can't wait
Old 22nd September 2012

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tele27 ➑️
Interestingfor sure but Quinto how bout completing them without all the teasers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➑️
The post isn't mine
True but this info is there on your website Q.

Besides as soon as these new products get released I'll update the description to say "Out Now" so that those who don't wish to participate in a discussion here until its actually released will know wen to check back in to the thread.

Best,
Graham
Old 22nd September 2012
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
and dbx and rev250....cant wait for all this stuff...
Old 22nd September 2012
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Ok, some information about this huge plugin. Not a teaser but an official presentation

We discovered a great hardware designer and builder here in Sicily. the company is called MCAudioLab.
A very small company passionate about tube devices. I already saw some posts here on GS, now we own some devices in the studio.

We met and decided to partner on some projects. This one is our first official emulation of a device. We'll be together at next Frankfurt Musikmesse (Building 5.1 - stand D84)

I loved this EQ because of the kind of design it comes from (the famous one), its build quality and some special features like the double option for the power supply (solid state and tube). The power supply affects the sound on certain conditions.
***EDIT
I could be misunderstood here. The hardware units contain just _one_ power supply. We got a custom version with both and modeled it.

As you can expect from this kind of design, the bass boost has a "never too much" effect, the highs are smooth, the interaction between frequency bands and controls has an interesting interaction. Setup a band, get slight modifications by moving controls for the other band.
The output transformer and tube makeup amplifier complete the sound.

The model included two EQ units plus an additional unit.
The hardware is mono, the software kept this Left-Right division to emulate the same control you get on hardware.
there are some reasons why you would prefer to keep separate controls:

- slightly different L-R setups, e.g. on guitars
- complimentary setups, e.g. moving some frequency range on the stereo field
- and more

Thinking about useful features, and not the "let's play like we had the hardware" game, the two units can be linked, of course, making it more comfortable if you want just to use a digitally and perfectly stereo EQ (the units behave independently and slightly differently otherwise).

Both power supply options have been modeled. The power-on switches of the hardware units have been replaced with those tube-diode switches. Both supplies have been modeled.
As you can expect, solid state is stronger and cleaner, tube is weaker and rounder. Some differences can be heard on extreme settings or drive.

The auxiliary unit. It contains means for gain staging and overloading the EQs, and a Mid/Side matrix, plus a link option between the EQs.
Gain control, together with the EQs, give means for shaping harmonic content.
The Mid-Side matrix connects the EQ units to Mid and Side components. It could be very useful in mastering.

It is currently under test and the first audio samples should be available in a few days.

It is going to be bundled with GTS-39.
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc ➑️

Besides as soon as these new products get released I'll update the description to say "Out Now" so that those who don't wish to participate in a discussion here until its actually released will know wen to check back in to the thread.

Best,
Graham
Sounds great.

About teasing: this is a very small and artisanal company (8). We don't have yearly plans, marketing plans, market analysis and so on. This sets us free and lets us (me, mainly) enjoy the collaborative development and build whatever we like and feel useful, day by day.
This is why products are presented in advance: you can see _heavy_ users-driven modifications and improvements to the products, even during works in progress :D
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
It is going to be bundled with GTS-39.
does this mean that users who already bought the GTS-39 (like me :D) will get it for free when it comes out?

Also can you explain a little bit more about the modeling process?

do you guys model just the behavior of the curve and the Q or is there more to it than that?

just want to know because there are a butt load of EQs out there already but I know you guys have the habit of doing some really cool things like with the StripBUS
Old 22nd September 2012

🎧 10 years
Quote:
...This is why products are presented in advance: you can see _heavy_ users-driven modifications and improvements to the products, even during works in progress...
This is a big reason I like the way Quinto runs his business.
He's fast to respond to his customers and welcomes their input during and after his products development.
Just look how much Roundtone has evolved in such a short time of its release.

Graham
Old 22nd September 2012
SKnote

🎧 10 years
In bundle, so with a really (you know) cheap price tag.

No, it is not static curves. We didn't need just another EQ.
The modeling follows the same rules we used for GTS-39 and other ones. Circuit modeling, strong interaction analysis, modeling of non linearities and dynamic behavior of transformers, inductors, together with components' non linear behavior (their values change with levels and so on).
Plus lots and lots of listening...
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ciao Quintosardo!

Quick question for you, are you planning on running kind of #Bundled Promo soon of all your plugins from (Roundtone, Presence, MatterTone, Grasso, GTS, Strip, Cutter, VerbT, Necklace etc.)? Please you can let me know here (as some for sure be interested to) or you can PM directly. Appreciate

And also gotta say that the additional infos you've gave regarding #MCAudioLab EQ1 looks already on paper really amazing & can not wait until it's out

Keep up the amazing work.

Grazie
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
sounds exciting
Old 23rd September 2012 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar ➑️
Ciao Quintosardo!

Quick question for you, are you planning on running kind of #Bundled Promo soon of all your plugins from (Roundtone, Presence, MatterTone, Grasso, GTS, Strip, Cutter, VerbT, Necklace etc.)? Please you can let me know here (as some for sure be interested to) or you can PM directly. Appreciate

And also gotta say that the additional infos you've gave regarding #MCAudioLab EQ1 looks already on paper really amazing & can not wait until it's out

Keep up the amazing work.

Grazie
Yes, but we need to plan something fair.
There are three simple rules:

- we'll never do sales, products will get value (with free extensions like in StripBus and Roundtone) with time, not loose
- prices must be coherent. Who gets a license early must have advantages
- nobody can dismount a bundle and sell pieces at higher prices

So it is difficult, but we'll find a good solution. A set of plugins simply cannot cost 1000$ and we want everybody to use them all.
Old 23rd September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quinto , maybe more contrast betwen background and controls would be cool ?
Old 23rd September 2012
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Yes, I agree, but the hardware is like this and MCAudioLab asked for a 1:1 replica
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great news.

But that "Comic Sans MS" font on the 1U rack looks so cheap.

It would look better with the font used on the EQ.
Old 23rd September 2012
SKnote

🎧 10 years
It happens with prototypes
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
It happens with prototypes
, i know you know i , but GUI is the first contact a costumers will have , good sounding plugin is a must but not suffisent ....contrast o the comp are way better
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I know this isn't even out yet but is the mid range one being considered as well? That would be just awesome
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Yes, but we need to plan something fair.
There are three simple rules:

- we'll never do sales, products will get value (with free extensions like in StripBus and Roundtone) with time, not loose
- prices must be coherent. Who gets a license early must have advantages
- nobody can dismount a bundle and sell pieces at higher prices

So it is difficult, but we'll find a good solution. A set of plugins simply cannot cost 1000$ and we want everybody to use them all.
Ciao Quinto!!

Totally agree and understand every point and all make more then good sense. Appreciate the answer & also amazing to see a great plugin Developer company that really focus on not ony great qualilty plugins but to the users. Hats down

Looking forward to this bundle possibility Promo. Also can not wait to try out these new already announced Series of plugins including: Sknote C165a VCA compressor/Sknote Rev250 Reverb.

Grazie
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar ➑️
Ciao Quinto!!

can not wait to try out these new already announced Series of plugins including: Sknote C165a VCA compressor/Sknote Rev250 Reverb.

Grazie
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasoundjunkie ➑️
I know this isn't even out yet but is the mid range one being considered as well? That would be just awesome
This one is a 1:1 emulation and I'll try to convince MCAudioLab to do the midrange. We'll do the sw at the same time
Who knows...
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

7 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quinto--you rock. Can't wait for this. I suspect it will be equally great on channels, busses, and the 2buss. My PayPal account is primed for its release.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc ➑️

Best,
Graham
Yes, but he says "coming soon," I think. Coming soon shouldn't be here, in my opinion. Plus, "soon" might be a long time, but maybe not.

I believe that the moderators are the only ones that can change thread titles. That's how it used to be, at least. I suppose you could try to get one of them to change this thread or start a new one.
Old 24th September 2012
SKnote

🎧 10 years
No problem, soon is a few days
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Just curious, what about your other vst plugs like "baz driver saturator" or KickHass" and so on. Will they be ported to the grey line?
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo777 ➑️
Just curious, what about your other vst plugs like "baz driver saturator" or KickHass" and so on. Will they be ported to the grey line?
Some are being converted to others (keeping the main concepts behind the plugin while changing the format). E.g. KickHaas is being replaced by a delay.
The old users get the new product.
Some other ones are being updated, e.g. Verbera (my absolute favorite room reverb).
Old 24th September 2012

🎧 10 years
@antithesist

No worries friend, the Mods here are very accommodating.

Atb,
Graham
πŸ“ Reply