Quantcast
pocketBlakus - Solo Expressive Cello Freebie (Kontakt 4.2.3+) - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
pocketBlakus - Solo Expressive Cello Freebie (Kontakt 4.2.3+)
Old 25th November 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Great stuff Blakus, sounding good! - glad you have been working hard to give us something to buy for Christmas.
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
pocketBlakus SPICCATO Patch
Here's a small Christmas gift! At roughly the same time I recorded the pocketBlakus samples, I recorded some short spiccato samples as well. These also were simple test samples, but hopefully you can have some fun with them!

This is a separate basic patch to pocketBlakus, but at some point they may be added to the official release. It is only one dynamic layer but there are 7x RR. Velocity controls dynamics for reasonable control over phrase expression. The patch is not designed for polyphonic chords, although you can "Bypass" the SIPS legato script if you wish.

Unconnected notes give an "on the bow" staccato feel, whereas connected (or sustain held down) notes give a more airy "off the bow" sound. Here some quick audio examples showing the subtle difference. Note that holding down sustain does a fantastic job in connecting repeated notes convincingly, and with 7x RR it's pretty fun!

Here's a fiddle with the patch for fun!

First phrase unconnected, second connected. It's only subtle, but useful.

CLICK HERE for the link!
Old 29th December 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
@blakus Kudos on both 1.6 and the Christmas library. I downloaded them today and am only just getting to know them, but they have some very intriguing qualities.
Old 3rd February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Thank you!

First of all, just want to add another thank you to Blakus for this. Great job creating this and making it available for free, it's really awesome.

A question I have that I haven't seen answered anywhere but probably goes without saying I guess, but I just wanted to verify - is this free to use in any production with no credit/royalty etc...? I'm assuming so but just wanted to double check.

Thanks again!!!
Old 3rd February 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Thanks bond!

This is indeed free to use as you like in your music without any credit/royalties
Enjoy,

Blakus.
Old 4th February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Great, thanks for the reply!
Old 11th September 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Awesome library Blakus! Cant believe something of this quality was FREE. I used the pocketBlakus cello for my Game of Thrones remake, give it a listen. Hope I did the library justice.

Quote:
Game of Thrones Theme Remake - YouTube

Here is my remake of the Game of Thrones Theme. Along with the music all sound effects were made in house. Much thanks to audio engineer Jason Rudd and sessi...
Old 24th July 2014
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I just wanted to mention that I published at pocketBlakus review at Review – pocketBlakus | Soundbytes magazine that also includes several notes on getting the most out of performing with it. The site also has several other solo strings review - including an upcoming on in the September issue of Embertone Blakus Cello (the more feature-rich cousin of pocketBlakus, featuring the same talented performer).
πŸ“ Reply