Quantcast
Axis Plug-ins Track Limiter 32bit/64bit - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Axis Plug-ins Track Limiter 32bit/64bit
Old 18th September 2012
  #1
Gear Nut
 
Bastian Schnurle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Software Axis Plug-ins Track Limiter 32bit/64bit

We are happy to announce the release of our Track Limiter 32bit/64bit as AU/VST/VST3/RTAS for Mac OS X and Windows PC. We also were able to drop the yearly fee to 39,- per year. Thanks to all the customers that are believing in us.

The Track Limiter 32bit/64bit
Old 19th September 2012
  #2
Lives for gear
 
poshook's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastian Schnurle ➑️
We are happy to announce the release of our Track Limiter 32bit/64bit as AU/VST/VST3/RTAS for Mac OS X and Windows PC. We also were able to drop the yearly fee to 39,- per year. Thanks to all the customers that are believing in us.

The Track Limiter 32bit/64bit
congratulations! but hey.... why dongle and even to the demo version...
Old 19th September 2012 | Show parent
  #3
Gear Nut
 
Bastian Schnurle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
an elicenser is half the price of an ilok2, but we also hope a non dongle solution should be available by the end of the year for online computers ... nevertheless, there is a lot of very good software secured by the eLicenser technology, so we are absolutely convinced that buying an eLicenser is always a good decision ....
Old 19th September 2012 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
poshook's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastian Schnurle ➑️
an elicenser is half the price of an ilok2, but we also hope a non dongle solution should be available by the end of the year for online computers ... nevertheless, there is a lot of very good software secured by the eLicenser technology, so we are absolutely convinced that buying an eLicenser is always a good decision ....
but the trend is clear - no dongle = more users. you will see the result immediately in this thread that will be shorter than you would expect
Old 19th September 2012 | Show parent
  #5
Gear Nut
 
Bastian Schnurle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
haste makes waste. ...

you should relax a bit more -.- i am using dongles for years without any issues and i am pretty sure i am not the only one ....
Old 19th September 2012
  #6
Lives for gear
 
beechstudio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Yep.....no problem with using a dongle here.
Old 19th September 2012
  #7
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
I am with poshook; dongle is a deal breaker for me. when I buy software, I don't want to buy extra hardware to be able to use it. same goes for a yearly subscription fee, deal breaker for me. I buy it, I want to use it.
You don't buy a car, and then have to buy a key separately, and then you pay an extra fee if you want to drive it in another town.
Old 19th September 2012 | Show parent
  #8
Gear Nut
 
Bastian Schnurle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophet ➑️
You don't buy a car, and then have to buy a key separately, and then you pay an extra fee if you want to drive it in another town.
so you are one of those guys that rather buy a car, then just lease it and get a new one every two years ? .. which is especially interesting regarding the upcoming oil price raise -.- which i assume will go off the wall in the next few years ...


by the way, if you really want to buy a car, then buy a volt .. it only uses one gallon per 150 miles ...
Old 19th September 2012
  #9
monad
Guest
I don't want to see this thread become another derailed dongle-discussion mess, but I'll just say this; IMO, the vast majority of people who religiously refuse dongles are those who use cracks and actually want to see all (dongled) software eventually cracked. It's a very sneaky thing to do. In fairness, some have actually had issues in the past (even though most of these belong to the "urban myth" sphere), but these issues, if there ever were any, have long been ironed out and dongles now work perfectly.
There's no reason to fight dongles; they're convenient, easy to use and (in case of iLok 2 and WiBU (Algorithimx)) very, very safe. That is good for developers, the industry and therefore customers too.

I see no logic in that legit customers badmouth dongles if they're doing what they're supposed to do; protect your investment and ensure the continuation of software industry.

BUT THIS IS ALL VERY OFF TOPIC, so let's discuss the limiter, shall we?


Thanks
Old 19th September 2012 | Show parent
  #10
Lives for gear
 
poshook's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monad ➑️
I don't want to see this thread become another derailed dongle-discussion mess, but I'll just say this; IMO, the vast majority of people who religiously refuse dongles are those who use cracks and actually want to see all (dongled) software eventually cracked. It's a very sneaky thing to do. In fairness, some have actually had issues in the past (even though most of these belong to the "urban myth" sphere), but these issues, if there ever were any, have long been ironed out and dongles now work perfectly.
There's no reason to fight dongles; they're convenient, easy to use and (in case of iLok 2 and WiBU (Algorithimx)) very, very safe. That is good for developers, the industry and therefore customers too.

I see no logic in that legit customers badmouth dongles if they're doing what they're supposed to do; protect your investment and ensure the continuation of software industry.

BUT THIS IS ALL VERY OFF TOPIC, so let's discuss the limiter, shall we?


Thanks
we would like to discuss the limiter but first we need to buy elicenser to get the info how good or bad the limiter is! If I do not like it then just uninstall the plugin, dongle drivers, restart my computer and find some1 who buy my redundant dongle for secondhand price.
I have some dongles but I hate them (it is the garbage I need to purchase and install to my computer to protect some developers) and today I can say I do not need them at all because all important apps and plugins I use are finally dongle free. My investment into audio hw/sw is many times higher than my yearly income so do not tell me I am a cracks user....

my last topic here. best
Old 20th September 2012
  #11
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
I use a dongle (iLok 2) with 100's of licenses on it, and I really can't see buying another dongle to handle one plugin that I might or might not use. I already despise having to use the iLok, going back and forth from my work/home computer, but it's easy enough to use/manage and I just don't need more dongles to cary around. I'm sure the eLicenser is a great system, and if I was using Nuendo I'd be all over it, but I'm a Pro Tools user and the only dongle I ever really need is the iLok. I'm opting more for dongle free plugins like Fabfilter and DMG Audio so that I don't have to plugin my iLok to use a particular plugin. It's a shame because I will not even be able to try out this limiter, which I'd be very interested in trying, so I'll never know how good/bad it is…
Old 20th September 2012 | Show parent
  #12
Gear Nut
 
Bastian Schnurle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjguitar ➑️
I use a dongle (iLok 2) with 100's of licenses on it, and I really can't see buying another dongle to handle one plugin that I might or might not use. I already despise having to use the iLok, going back and forth from my work/home computer, but it's easy enough to use/manage and I just don't need more dongles to cary around. I'm sure the eLicenser is a great system, and if I was using Nuendo I'd be all over it, but I'm a Pro Tools user and the only dongle I ever really need is the iLok. I'm opting more for dongle free plugins like Fabfilter and DMG Audio so that I don't have to plugin my iLok to use a particular plugin. It's a shame because I will not even be able to try out this limiter, which I'd be very interested in trying, so I'll never know how good/bad it is…

how good the track limiter is ... .... i finally have my one and only limiter coded, i will never need another one anymore, software-wise ... it is really working so well and i am massively glad i was allowed to code it ...

i know of this issue with being on pro tools and then having another dongle !! ... but what would you do, use a solution of some guys that are 120 miles away or an equal solution of mates that are 6000 miles away ? .. for me the answer is clear ... the costs for an elicenser are 5 times lower than that of an ilok .. i have seen elicenser for only nine bucks ! ... and you can get a hub for two bucks .. so .. this is really not an issue and i believe if you are also using softsynths than you need an elicenser, because all the arturia stuff is also secured via steinbergs' elicenser technology ...
Old 21st September 2012 | Show parent
  #13
Lives for gear
 
joe_04_04's Avatar
 
27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophet ➑️
I am with poshook; dongle is a deal breaker for me. when I buy software, I don't want to buy extra hardware to be able to use it. same goes for a yearly subscription fee, deal breaker for me. I buy it, I want to use it.
You don't buy a car, and then have to buy a key separately, and then you pay an extra fee if you want to drive it in another town.
I guess us pro tools users are well-off then. We all automatically have a dongle...so you NEVER really see any pro tools users complain. "So waves stopped using the dongle!" oh really, cool. I still need it for the 95 percent of the other GOOD plugins I use plus with pro tools.

I'm with you on the subscription fee, deal-breaker there.
Old 21st September 2012
  #14
Gear Nut
 
Bastian Schnurle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 ➑️
I'm with you on the subscription fee, deal-breaker there.
i assume you are not using a pc or you are not afraid any viruses might be in your operating system? because i do not know any antiviral software that is not sold via a subscription. what a luck i am not in email contact with you ... ...

you are then also not using matlab and so do not have to pay a yearly fee of 7000,- dollars to use it?

and you are also not using microsoft office, which will also be sold via a subscription from 2013 on?

and most important you do not care about your investion that might be lost if the company goes down because you do not want to pay for updates?
Old 21st September 2012
  #15
Lives for gear
 
A Fak's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Subscription on a plugin?? I'll pass.. I sure hope this doesn't catch on.
Old 21st September 2012
  #16
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Not to mention that the GUI hurts my eyes. Sorry.
Old 21st September 2012 | Show parent
  #17
Lives for gear
 
marchhare's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fak ➑️
Subscription on a plugin?? I'll pass.. I sure hope this doesn't catch on.
+1.
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
  #18
Gear Nut
 
Bastian Schnurle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fak ➑️
Subscription on a plugin?? I'll pass.. I sure hope this doesn't catch on.
it is not only one plug-in, it is a whole set of plug-ins, actually all upcoming plug-ins and their updates. currently the are two available, the inspektor and the track limiter. both for 39,- a year.

now you do the math, it would take ten years to pay as much as if you would buy two plug-ins from another company now. and all new platforms and systems you might use in these ten years will be supported .. i really do not know if any other plug-in company can offer such a high standard of customer service and support !

reading your non-existent argumentation about this topic, really sounds the same, then it was 20 years ago when i started selling digital audio workstations and everybody moaned: "daws will never make it against analog tape !"
Old 22nd September 2012
  #19
Lives for gear
 
nickelironsteel's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
€39.00 every year? license plan? elicenser not ilok? a gui that hurts my eyes?

i think ill pass, even though i have an elicenser dongle for vsl stuff.
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
  #20
Gear Nut
 
Bastian Schnurle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel ➑️
€39.00 every year? license plan? elicenser not ilok? a gui that hurts my eyes?

i think ill pass, even though i have an elicenser dongle for vsl stuff.

it is a small company there are not five graphic designers available, especially not at such an unbeatable pricing ... and anyway i want to work on music, sound and voices ... and want to have a very good digital signal processing .. the gui is only secondary relevant ...

i can offer you a real good price and i will code the track limiter with only your gui design, the one you really like, we put on your logo and then you have a super customized nickelironsteel limiter .. that is really looking like you want it .. this should really make a show while you are with your customers ?!
Old 22nd September 2012
  #21
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
€40 a year seems more than reasonable, particularly considering that the plug-in list will grow ...

People reacting negatively to the subscription concept should just go to the Axis website and read the support FAQ - it's a great deal.
Old 22nd September 2012
  #22
OMU
Lives for gear
 
OMU's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
No matter how cheap it seams, a plugin that stops working after one year sounds really strange to me.
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
  #23
Gear Nut
 
Bastian Schnurle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU ➑️
No matter how cheap it seams, a plugin that stops working after one year sounds really strange to me.
actually it is not so cheap if you are interested in using the same tools over two decades .. that would be then around 1kdollars ... which i assume is not really cheap ...
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
  #24
Gear Addict
 
ludwigvanlee's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastian Schnurle ➑️
actually it is not so cheap if you are interested in using the same tools over two decades .. that would be then around 1kdollars ... which i assume is not really cheap ...


i think it would help if we had some sound samples or video demonstration to see or hear what the difference between this and all the other great limiters out there...
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
  #25
Gear Nut
 
Bastian Schnurle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwigvanlee ➑️
i think it would help if we had some sound samples or video demonstration to see or hear what the difference between this and all the other great limiters out there...

that would be amazing, if you know someone who is able to do that, i am happy to pass an nfr .. but my budget is limited, and actually i am just very happy to be able to code plug-ins, and i am very happy that jules is offering me this platform to publish my works ...
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
  #26
Lives for gear
 
nickelironsteel's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monad ➑️
There's no reason to fight dongles; they're convenient, easy to use and (in case of iLok 2 and WiBU (Algorithimx)) very, very safe.
no they are using up 4 of my mac pros usb ports alreay so they are not convenient to use and no they are not safer than non-dongle applications. so for the real customers a dongle-free solution is preferrable. also, i really hate the wait times a dongle plugin takes when inserting.
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
  #27
Gear Addict
 
ludwigvanlee's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastian Schnurle ➑️
that would be amazing, if you know someone who is able to do that, i am happy to pass an nfr .. but my budget is limited, and actually i am just very happy to be able to code plug-ins, and i am very happy that jules is offering me this platform to publish my works ...
if i had an ilok, i'd do it for free

I am soooo happy and thrilled that small developers like you are trying to bring an affordable product to the market..


though i am not a fan of ilok, i absolutely understand that you must protect your product - but there are a lot of helpful folks here, im sure someone might be willing to help you out for little or even no cost..

good luck with your venture!!
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
  #28
monad
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel ➑️
no they are using up 4 of my mac pros usb ports alreay so they are not convenient to use and no they are not safer than non-dongle applications. so for the real customers a dongle-free solution is preferrable. also, i really hate the wait times a dongle plugin takes when inserting.
Ever heard of a USB hub?
And yes, they are safer, especially for developers.
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
  #29
Gear Nut
 
Bastian Schnurle's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monad ➑️
Ever heard of a USB hub?
And yes, they are safer, especially for developers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwigvanlee ➑️
if i had an ilok, i'd do it for free

I am soooo happy and thrilled that small developers like you are trying to bring an affordable product to the market..


though i am not a fan of ilok, i absolutely understand that you must protect your product - but there are a lot of helpful folks here, im sure someone might be willing to help you out for little or even no cost..

good luck with your venture!!
thanks, you guys are really making my day and -tc- for sure ...
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
  #30
monad
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastian Schnurle ➑️
thanks, you guys are really making my day and -tc- for sure ...
You welcome.

Btw, can you say a bit more about the nature and difference between those three algorithms?

cheers
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 62 views: 23896
Avatar for MarkyGoldstein
MarkyGoldstein 30th December 2014
replies: 295 views: 74021
Avatar for anguswoodhead
anguswoodhead 26th March 2013
replies: 1296 views: 181391
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
replies: 181 views: 38349
Avatar for ~ufo~
~ufo~ 3rd April 2020
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump