Quantcast
Axis Plug-ins Track Limiter 32bit/64bit - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Axis Plug-ins Track Limiter 32bit/64bit
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I think some of the hesitation to your business model is that you are a new company with a short track record and only two products... what if someone subscribes to your plugin, finds it irreplaceable and you go out of business in 2 years and they can no longer use it? Perhaps you should offer some assurance that, if you get bought out/go out of business, all licenses will be converted to permanent?

I understand that the subscription will become more and more valuable as AXIS releases more plugins but, once again, you are a small company, little track record and (from what I gather from your numerous posts about money) you don't have a huge amount of capital to play with... even with the best intentions what if it takes you years to release your next plugin?

Many smaller companies (like DMG) offer incentive to early-adopters since you are basically investing in an unknown... maybe you should consider a subscription fee that locks-in but is lower the earlier you buy in? For example. Right now you have 2 plugins, make the subscription 9 euro/year for life, next year when you have more plugins offer the subscription for 19 euro/year for life, 29 the year after, etc... you'd probably get a lot more people taking a chance.

Either way, I wish you well!
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophet ➑️
interesting. maybe I am biased here, but Track Limiter is harsh with transients, Pro-L seems better here. Quite surprised by Barricade, very transparent, I think that's my favourite. Limiter6 seems to colour the sound a bit, but in a nice way. AA CL1 very similar.

do you also have Elephant to compare it to?

to conclude my point: Barricade is 15 EUR, Limiter6 is free -- plus if I have several machines my Axis subscription would multiply, whereas I am allowed to use the other plugins on several machines. clear winner.

guess I have to get Barricade, impressive sound.
Barricade is under-rated for sure. I think Pro-L preserves transients better than anything I've tried.

I does not have the colour and character of Track Limiter of course. I haven't used it much yet but I am going to try it out on individual tracks (Track limiter I mean). It could be interesting in it's own right for this use.

I could get Elephant on demo. Voxengo is very easy about demoing plug-ins, I don't know if my demo with PSP has expired yet.

I need some better audio material though.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
guess I have to get Barricade, impressive sound.
yes, that one really sounds nice ... i like the highs ... but i also like the no coloring of the track limiter ...

which company is barricade from ? i have never heard of that dev before ...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastian Schnurle ➑️
which company is barricade from ?
ToneBoosters | Audio Plugins. Some great plugins. ReelBus is killer. Plus Jeroen is very nice and helpful, the guy rocks.
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
ToneBoosters | Audio Plugins. Some great plugins. ReelBus is killer. Plus Jeroen is very nice and helpful, the guy rocks.
+1 Reelbus is killer. Time machine is also cool for low-fi effects.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
i can not find any plug-in called barricade on their website ...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
i can not find any plug-in called barricade on their website ...
TB Barricade
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
i really like this plug-in ... especially the metering options ... but since this is a axis plug-ins thread, i have to write ... there is no peak-to-peak ratio meter .. which i really need . it colors the processed signal a lot, and axis plug-ins is devoted to not color any material ... no simulation, just plain digital signal processing .. and since the track limiter is a limiter ... i want my metering options in the inspektor ... where i have all the visualization available that i need ...
Old 27th September 2012 | Show parent
Reviews Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack ➑️
I think some of the hesitation to your business model is that you are a new company with a short track record and only two products... what if someone subscribes to your plugin, finds it irreplaceable and you go out of business in 2 years and they can no longer use it? Perhaps you should offer some assurance that, if you get bought out/go out of business, all licenses will be converted to permanent?

I understand that the subscription will become more and more valuable as AXIS releases more plugins but, once again, you are a small company, little track record and (from what I gather from your numerous posts about money) you don't have a huge amount of capital to play with... even with the best intentions what if it takes you years to release your next plugin?

Many smaller companies (like DMG) offer incentive to early-adopters since you are basically investing in an unknown... maybe you should consider a subscription fee that locks-in but is lower the earlier you buy in? For example. Right now you have 2 plugins, make the subscription 9 euro/year for life, next year when you have more plugins offer the subscription for 19 euro/year for life, 29 the year after, etc... you'd probably get a lot more people taking a chance.

Either way, I wish you well!
Couldn't agree more.

You need a solid reputation and a nice catalog before asking for subscription, or you can ask for a "symbolic" one (10 euro/year). That way you can build a customer base, have people's trust and go from there...but also offer a 1-time pay for individual plugs. IMHO, that's mandatory if you're willing to succeed.

I don't have a problem with the dongle "issue" (got both ilok/e-licenser) but I'm not even willing to test a product with a subscription fee. The comparison made before with Microsoft and anti-virus companies just doesn't hold up.
Old 14th November 2012 | Show parent
TNM
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
actually it is not so cheap if you are interested in using the same tools over two decades .. that would be then around 1kdollars ... which i assume is not really cheap ...
That's weird cause you are saying yourself here that the prices of your stuff are actually not good long term.
Old 14th November 2012 | Show parent
TNM
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
it is a small company there are not five graphic designers available, especially not at such an unbeatable pricing ... and anyway i want to work on music, sound and voices ... and want to have a very good digital signal processing .. the gui is only secondary relevant ...

i can offer you a real good price and i will code the track limiter with only your gui design, the one you really like, we put on your logo and then you have a super customized nickelironsteel limiter .. that is really looking like you want it .. this should really make a show while you are with your customers ?!
Well you should at least have colour options like voxengo. The green is really hard to look at and i am not trying to be negative as the plugins do interest me. But keep the gui and make a simple colour switcher, please.

Also, please add some dynamic range metering to inspector,

and i can't understand why the snow leopard plugins are 32 bits and you need lion or higher to use the 64 bit ones.. i am using tons of 64 bit plugins in snow leopard here, you could easily enable the 64 bit one to work with snow leopard.. most plugins that are 64 bits on SL have a requirement of 10.6.8

all SL users pretty much ARE on 10.6.8! I don't know of anyone using an outdated version, even though technically SL itself is now "out dated".

cheers
Old 20th November 2012 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
hi theo,

we have appreciated your posts on kvr and here, ... but just to make clear, you are not an eligible member of axisplugins.com and thus you are not able to use our internal instruments to direct our development roadmap.

our current customers are very happy with the views and functionality of our current roster. as stated before in this thread we offer a development ticket to everyone, which includes a complete redesign of the gui and also offers extra processing development to suit your needs.

regarding your concerns why the audio unit 64bit plug-ins are only 10.7+ compatible, we have to let you know that the latest core audio software development kit is only 10.7+ compatible.

cheers,
bastian
Old 21st November 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Bastian Schnurle: Were you the developer behind Elemental Audio? If so, thanks for your work on those plug-ins. I have Inspector XL, both EA and upgraded to RND.

Will the Axis subscription price come down even more as more plug-ins are added. If that's the case, I'll have to jump in at some point, at least to try for a year. Thanks!
Old 8th April 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist ➑️
Will the Axis subscription price come down even more as more plug-ins are added. If that's the case, I'll have to jump in at some point, at least to try for a year. Thanks!
Maybe now you jump on ! I would be very happy to welcome you as a new member on axisplugins.com.

We have released the Track EQ !

axisplugins.com

Some base facts are: 8 individual filter blocks, up to 16 filter blocks in split mode. Every filter block can select from up to 11 different filter types. Full solo and mute for one filter block or a group of filter blocks together. Automation for all Digital Audio Workstations. FFT Analysis and Spectrograph Display before or after the processed signal.

We also have updated the Track Limiter and the Inspektor to version 1.2.0.

All these new releases are free for every member of axisplugins.com.

cheers,
bastian
πŸ“ Reply