more examples?
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
Jay do i win something ?
YES!...you get the opportunity to buy me these plugins!..
congratulations Jeezo...!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
There's defintly some wrong on the website with chrome !!!

i had no issues until yesturday , so they did some on the website that wasn't there (flash) one week ago !
No problem with their site here. Using latest version of Chrome on Windows 7 x64.

By the way, NI uses Flash since a long time.

Where have you been ?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGJAY ➡️
I think most reading this thread has heard files,so ill spill the bean.

A is indeed native-instruments.

B is uad massive passive.

I'm a uad fan boy,but I feel they cut corners to code under powered chips.

I thought there would be a uad3 by now,and $300 seem to be UA set price.

At $229 this bundle are among the best Plugins on the market.

I like file B,but love file A.and to get these great mastering Plugins for this price will have most spending even more money.

I'd like to use these beauties one vocals and instruments!

Sent from my PC36100
Actually, the UAD Massive Passive is among their more complex emulations. Every detail has been taken care of, as they stated themselves.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
So option A was Softube?? Jeez, that sounded so much better to my ears..
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash ➡️
Actually, the UAD Massive Passive is among their more complex emulations. Every detail has been taken care of, as they stated themselves.
So NI & Co have not emulated the Massive Passive really.....but have made something good none the less.
Michael Braur said it (UAD) was identical....but then he heaved in rediculous amounts of Sibilance on Coldplay X+Y in my view..which was really annoying.
what is one to think!
Are UAD gonna have to remake the whole range and shave off some top end just to match softube!
or
are softube gonna have to add more top frequency per notch to match the Massive Passive?

...............'' remember Herb...dull is just another name for warm!.........''...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog ➡️
...............'' remember Herb...dull is just another name for warm!.........''...
Not in my book.

To me dull equals "boring low-mid frequencies with almost no highs", whereas warm equals "round and defined low-end with controlled highs".

To each his own it seems.
FFS
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Im a mega fan of the UAD MP and I have to say this doesn't really sound as good to me!
I love the unit so much and the UAD nailed it in IMHO
This NI on is pretty nice but not quite in the same league from the comparisons I have done over 30 mins or so :/
G
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Is this a trick statement?

UA said the same thing about the original 1176.

Then they made uad2 and revamp them.claiming oh we did it right this time.

Being the most complex,doesn't mean it couldn't be more complex.it just mean IMHO,the most complex they were willing to do on the uad2 platform.

Hey I'm uad fanboy,but its because they offered Plugins at the level that was hard to beat.

I'm thinking ampex 102,1176 revision and a few others are reason to hold on to the cards.

Sent from my PC36100
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by devastat ➡️
I love the softubes massive,I have a 100 voucher from the komplete 7.I'm emailing NI to see if I can use it for sale items.

Sent from my PC36100
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Flyingjay...
I think it's a little unfair to drag out the Old UAD 1176....it really was the first one of it's kind at the time....another life time ago really...when the solo card was as important as the sound...G4 400mhz's computers and all.....!!!

but i bought these in part due to the A/B example shown here (by your good self!)
which i found to be more than enlightening.

But i still Luv my UAD...
----------------------------------------------------------
All Good here...Phew...
I like them..and the GUI feels really good..never said that before!....very gently movement with the mouse is possible....
and the sound IS smooth _+_with large amounts of top it does not offend at all....it DOES have analogue MoJo for sure!
I love them!
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Can anyone tell me...

In the UAD video going over the massive passive, they say all bands work in parallel, seeming to imply that if you boost the highs, and then boost the lows, the highs get boosted less than if you hadn't boosted the lows. In other words, you have 20dB to work with on the Left and the Right. Is this true? I could be interpreting the video wrongly, but the NI/Softube does NOT work that way in my tests. The highs stay boosted the same amount whether you boost the lows or not.

Thanks
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Flyingjay...
I think it's a little unfair to drag out the Old UAD 1176....it really was the first one of it's kind at the time....another life time ago really...when the solo card was as important as the sound...G4 400mhz's computers and all.....!!!

but i bought these in part due to the A/B example shown here (by your good self!)
which i found to be more than enlightening.

But i still Luv my UAD...
I understand what your saying about the uad1 cards,but at the same time I could get around 42 instances or either the 1176 or the la2a,I can remember which one.

But even then I had 3 uad1 cards,I still would have had a better modeled compressor.

Think they are holding in to the uad2 cards a bit to long.I think 2 quads is needed to even come close to native powere.

Plus the Plugins are twice as high.I just don't feel the same about the value sorry.

Sent from my PC36100
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
I understand what your saying about the uad1 cards,but at the same time I could get around 42 instances or either the 1176 or the la2a,I can remember which one.

But even then I had 3 uad1 cards,I still would have had a better modeled compressor.

Think they are holding in to the uad2 cards a bit to long.I think 2 quads is needed to even come close to native powere.

Plus the Plugins are twice as high.I just don't feel the same about the value sorry.

Sent from my PC36100
Agreed...the UAD card now has much more competition than ever.
I have 2 duo's and thats good for me.
Softube are so cool.
Its a good time...happy times for us slutz even if everything else is going to the wall rapidly!
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
No problem with their site here. Using latest version of Chrome on Windows 7 x64.

By the way, NI uses Flash since a long time.

Where have you been ?

lol i know about flash ...maybe they upadted flash was the remark as i never had issues before
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Scruffy ...lol i just drop by the window 49 euros on platnum bounce mashine expansion : the big crap i never bought ..... i should have taken those babies instead ....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monad ➡️
NI are hardly "corporate giants".
That one made me smile too.

- c
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Scruffy ...lol i just drop by the window 49 euros on platnum bounce mashine expansion : the big crap i never bought ..... i should have taken those babies instead ....

Thats unfortunate......miss one go and go to jail...!

i think these are pretty good for (even More ??? ) general kit fodder...

http://www.loopmasters.com/product/details/1406
Attached Thumbnails
Native Instruments Premium Tube Series-games-go-jail.jpg  
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I think most reading this thread has heard files,so ill spill the bean.

A is indeed native-instruments.

B is uad massive passive.
Thanks for the test man

Quote:
Originally Posted by devastat ➡️
Exactly what I thought.
File A just sounds plain better, Softube did an excellent job here (another one)
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Agreed...the UAD card now has much more competition than ever.
I have 2 duo's and thats good for me.
Softube are so cool.
Its a good time...happy times for us slutz even if everything else is going to the wall rapidly!
Hey I just bought the ampex,so everyone should be happy!

I think I'll use my 100 dollar voucher towards the tube eq,then decide between the ubk or Varicomp?

Sent from my PC36100
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Interesting that the UAD plugin sounded very scratchy compared to the NI/softube one.
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
that's still $169 out of pocket,ill just get the bundle for $60 more.

You got me this time NI!

Sent from my PC36100
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Jeezo....help....if you buy these and do a mid/side tutorial video...!!!!..??
not my strong point...manual required...
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop666 ➡️
Interesting that the UAD plugin sounded very scratchy compared to the NI/softube one.
In all fairness the gain stages were so different,I can't remember if I turned mp up to match tubes eq,or lowered tubes to match mp?

Again tube eq is much hotter,so maybe UA can get pass there ego and patch the Damn thing.

But they could never admit something was wrong with their emulation.

Sent from my PC36100
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Tested 'em out a little today. The NI Vari Comp... don't really care for. Can't hear anything more than what any number of other compressors already do... like Softube's own TLA-100A.

Shot out the NI Passive EQ against the Softube's EQF-100 and SPL's PassEq. Again, midrange... EQF-100 sounded best. High end... SPL PassEq. Low end on either and a number of other soft EQs I have sound wonderful, so not really in play. I also notice... the NI Passive EQ is very... subtle, to say the least.

So, not overall that much different than other plugs already cover, to me. Nice graphics. Good sound. Not enough there to spend another couple hundred on yet another EQ and comp.

And Nebula still bests all comers for color.

And for algorithmic, I'm still throwing it out there that Sonalksis Mk2 SV-517 EQ and SV-315 comp in many cases equal or best many of these new plug-in EQ and comps that are supposedly the latest greatest.
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
The EQ is very nice indeed and fun to play with, too. The different bands allow for pretty drastic tonal shaping without ever loosing focus. SMOOTH is the word.

I like where NI is going with this. Very high quality, 64-bit, affordable.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
to my hears on cheap headphone B sound more like outboard , no luck so far i was hoping to enjoy more the Ni plug, i think B sound good while A had plugin sound.
i will check tomorrow on monitors and try demo and i hope i m wrong !

how are the transients on the uad vs ni ? one smooth them or not?
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
In all fairness the gain stages were so different,I can't remember if I turned mp up to match tubes eq,or lowered tubes to match mp?

Again tube eq is much hotter,so maybe UA can get pass there ego and patch the Damn thing.

But they could never admit something was wrong with their emulation.

Sent from my PC36100
Erm...my own comparison so far has them much closer than your test ...and to me there is not a thing wrong with the UAD really.
I would say that if you have no UAD and are jonesing for a massive passive emu...softube is a good one.
If you have UAD Mp already then...???....might be useful anyhow....SOFTUBE or Manley UAD is a nice choice to have to make

I like the compressor and would struggle to find it's sound on my sonalksis as it has a very well implemented attack and release and the limiter is striking.
The enhanced EQ is great for synths here......
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Man, at least on FLYINGJAY's demo the NI was definitely better (as a UAD MP owner it hurt to admit that) but I wanna try it on different things. I can't seem to find were to download the demo can anyone gimme a link?
Thanx
📝 Reply