The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Native Instruments Premium Tube Series
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhager84 ➡️
I thought they were also 79 each if separate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777
$166 for one,$229 is a special intro price.that's why I'm jumping fast.

Sent from my PC36100
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend ➡️
You mean DSP card
I view them as iLoks
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGJAY ➡️
I have uad 2 cards and I'm about to upload some files!
Great, can't wait to hear the comparison

If the Softube MP sounds better then UAD, I'll be sure to get these plugins.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshire ➡️
I view them as iLoks
You're mistaken. They're not at all.

Moving on, I am finding myself kinda saturated with software eq's. Consequently I am reluctant to add another to the arsenal. At a certain point it gets to feel like hoarding.

Also I'm eagerly anticipating the UAD API series. The Waves API series did not make me happy and I sold it. But I love API hardware. I'm holding out hope that UAD's partnership with API was more fruitful.

I do like this compressor, though.

- c
Old 14th September 2012
Deleted e1b9f94
These DOES NOT REQUIRE ILOK

Anyway i tested them briefly. I am impressed by passive EQ as well as Vari Comp (amazing on bus). Ads someone mentioned it can replace Nebula manley in 99% cases with less CPU drain and less latency and of course less plugin instances.

I wish NI port rest of Softube plugins from Guitar rig.

You should definitely demo thid tube series..
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya ➡️
I am finding myself kinda saturated with software eq's. Consequently I am reluctant to add another to the arsenal. At a certain point it gets to feel like hoarding.
- c
This.

It is hoarding. But it seems like a good kinda hoarding. But that's what all hoarders think. At a certain level, there's not much difference between plug-in collecting and little old men and ladies on the Home Shopping Network all day. But ours is real... it's better... we think! At least it can all be stored on a hard drive!

Once you have plenty of compressor and EQ plug-ins, you'd really be better off saving your money for the collapse of the world economy due to its pyramid scheme-like fundamental foundation being based on unsustainable exponential growth in energy, economy, population, and sustenance.

But I digress. Have a wonderful day! heh

Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
OK FELLAS HERE IT IS,UAD MP VS NI TUPE EQ.

I THREW IN UAD PRECISIN EQ TO SEE HOW IT STACK UP TO THE BIG BOYS.

PS.ILL TELL LATER WHICH IS WHICH...ILL ONLY TELL WHICH IS THE PRECISION EQ ENJOY.OH ITS RAP COVER YOUR EARS...
Attached Files

shorty A.mp3 (3.78 MB, 3922 views)

shorty B.mp3 (3.78 MB, 3795 views)

shorty dry.mp3 (3.78 MB, 3373 views)

shorty precision eq.mp3 (3.78 MB, 3152 views)

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

PS.ILL TELL LATER WHICH IS WHICH...ILL ONLY TELL WHICH IS THE PRECISION EQ ENJOY.OH ITS RAP COVER YOUR EARS...
Just had a quick unscientific listen

I prefer a ~ seems a little warmer
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
The HH on the B is brighter ....on my old 10 buck headphone .....

now to tell witch one is better is a nonsens since i would have lower high during the set up of gain simply ....

Now nowing a liitlle softube sound this might be the A (never tried any UAD) ..

Anyway the diffrence is subtile so worth hte buy for those considering this ...

Thks Jay ...nice vibe , try to add some distortion in parallel to the guy voice to add caracter ..he's too soft and compress the hell of it ..

Also when you spread voice (add lead) this sound great but soften the rap even more ...maybe this is the goal ....try another move (diffrente eq for add lead , sat , diffrent M/S placement )

thks again Jay
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeretoneAudio ➡️
Just had a quick unscientific listen

I prefer a ~ seems a little warmer
GOOD EARS,I AGREE!

i could only match them down to one hundredth of a db at the same exact settings

i like them both as they are a step above the precision eq.they are just wider!

though i match the settings,i noticed that the mp and tube both have different strengths.

btw if the enhanced eq is going after the pultec,it falls short for a lack of knobs/features.

however its great for solo instruments and voices.it does add flavor on the 2 buss,but the uad pultec is to heavy,i gotta roll with uad pultec on 2buss.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
The HH on the B is brighter ....on my old 10 buck headphone .....

now to tell witch one is better is a nonsens since i would have lower high during the set up of gain simply ....

Now nowing a liitlle softube sound this might be the A (never tried any UAD) ..

Anyway the diffrence is subtile so worth hte buy for those considering this ...

Thks Jay ...nice vibe , try to add some distortion in parallel to the guy voice to add caracter ..he's too soft and compress the hell of it ..

Also when you spread voice (add lead) this sound great but soften the rap even more ...maybe this is the goal ....try another move (diffrente eq for add lead , sat , diffrent M/S placement )

thks again Jay
thankz jeezo,that song is 10 years old and never really mixed.

maybe the compression took something from the files,they sound really different at 24bits.

one hit harder and one is more lush,i think both have their place.they are truly amazing 2buss eq's.

i used the cari compressor on all the file.that thing is awesome,you can smash away and it does not kill anything at all.its all there after heavy compression.definitely a mastering compressor!

im getting this bundle today!!!!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Don't know what the settings are but A and B sounds WAY different...

A is "warmer", with a more pronounced low-end.

Whereas B is too bright, and sound a bit thin in comparison.

I guess you did not tweaked by ear, but just same knob positions ?

So I would not say that I prefer on or the other because the balance is too different.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
To my ears (i'm currently on cheap headphones on my laptop) the A example sounds much better (I really like the low-end here) than B. I also like A more than Precision EQ.

A is more soft and analog sounding where as B has some harshness in it which I don't like, also the low end is missing some..

..but like K-Slash said, it might be worth doing also another test tweaked by ear. BTW, nice track!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash ➡️
Don't know what the settings are but A and B sounds WAY different...

A is "warmer", with a more pronounced low-end.

Whereas B is too bright, and sound a bit thin in comparison.

I guess you did not tweaked by ear, but just same knob positions ?

So I would not say that I prefer on or the other because the balance is too different.
they may be different colors but they have the same exact knobs,frequency selection,q and all.even the high pass and low pass are directly in the center.

the only difference is that uad mp has up/down switches,and tube eq has click on/off lite buttons.

i actually process 4 different songs,while discovering the setting are very easily match visually.

i had to double check the q and boost/cut settings,but the frequencies were labeled very well.
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Gosh, I really hope that Example A is Softube. I just have a feeling somehow that A is the UAD one. My experience with Softube plugins is they tend to sound a little thin sometimes (TLA-100 & FET compressor for example) so I suspect that B is Softube..
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by devastat ➡️
To my ears (i'm currently on cheap headphones on my laptop) the A example sounds much better (I really like the low-end here) than B. I also like A more than Precision.

A is more soft and analog sounding where as B has some harshness in it which I don't like, also the low end is missing some..

..but like K-Slash said, it might be worth doing also another test tweaked by ear. BTW, nice track!
thankz man i tweaked by knob position correct.its funny because ni was killing uad until i found the input gain(upper knob in the center).

what i had to do by ear,well not really by ear.but i had to match the db using cubase mixer.

the input gain is way hotter in the ni/softtubes version.almost twice as loud,i mean way off lol.i could not match the db,it was always 1 hundredths of a db over or under.where are the null police!
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
There's defintly some wrong on the website with chrome !!!

i had no issues until yesturday , so they did some on the website that wasn't there (flash) one week ago !
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
As one who never trusts online comparisons, I ran my own in-house comparison with a colleague earlier. UA Manley, which I use on ever project since released, is slightly more pleasing on vocals in the mids. I mean a real slight margin. The NI I like more on kik & snare. Once again real slight. The high end boost on both are too close to call. It's a preference thing for either one.

I would be more than satisfied with the NI given that I can use as many as my CPU can handle (not just 4 UA manley per quad) and for $299 I get all three plugins. The UAD2 Quad/Manley will run $1499 and up. Also NI m/s takes it to a whole other level.

Back to work
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I like the way they implemented M/S. The link/unlink M/S bands is really cool. Really dig this one
Old 14th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I bought these yesterday. Going to give them some work in a session today. I may even do some comparisons with the UAD MassivePassive like some of the others did. One thing I did kind of notice during my quick trial of them is that the Vari Comp sounded better than I thought it would on a drum buss. So much so I may keep the settings I was playing around with yesterday on the session.

Something I thought was comical is in the promo video for these plugins called "Premium Tube Series" One of the first things they prominently display is an ADR Compex. Marketing people, go figure.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

A sounds just better overall, love what it does to the bottom end
Also the top is better, B sounds a bit harsh
curious to know which is which
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I find this extremely interesting because my UAD MP lives on the main buss but I've always loved
it on guitars. This would be a perfect solution for me. Very interested on the Vari Mu as well.
Softube's reputation for quality and the more than reasonable price makes this pretty much
a done deal for me. I'll try hem out as soon as I get to the studio
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Liking the Varicomp here for it's side-chain. It's got a really big sound very suitable to the electro-house stuff. Also for all kinds of dance. Huge volume scoop without it sounding silly. Smooth
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retinal ➡️
A sounds just better overall, love what it does to the bottom end
Also the top is better, B sounds a bit harsh
curious to know which is which
I think most reading this thread has heard files,so ill spill the bean.

A is indeed native-instruments.

B is uad massive passive.

I'm a uad fan boy,but I feel they cut corners to code under powered chips.

I thought there would be a uad3 by now,and $300 seem to be UA set price.

At $229 this bundle are among the best Plugins on the market.

I like file B,but love file A.and to get these great mastering Plugins for this price will have most spending even more money.

I'd like to use these beauties one vocals and instruments!

Sent from my PC36100
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
So NI massive is that good? May have to check it out...

Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Passive*

Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
wow..quite a difference between the two examples....it's like whatever is going on in B just wanna turn it down...off!

i have the UAD and am a little miffed!
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wow, I was hoping the NI was A as I really preferred that (as it seems everyone else did).

I haven't even demoed the compressor yet but this EQ is brilliant. I still have a UAD-1 (that I don't want to use) and I've been able to replace the comps with the IK versions but have still been looking for a native replacement for the Pultec Pro and I think this could be it (sound quality wise).

(I think the PuigTec is garbage and although I like the IK version, they didn't model, let alone incorporate the midrange into a single EQ).

I think for me, the combo will be the Maag EQ4 on individual tracks and the NI Passive on busses and the master...
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Jay do i win something ?
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
OMG how good Passive EQ sounds! (didn't listen or care for the blind taste - My own observations since yesterday)

To me the most musical sounding plugin EQ I've ever heard.

All three plugins are excellent.

Must have!
📝 Reply