NI SSL
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotl ➡️

All I'm saying is they didn't have to redo complete algorithm and i doubt they tested another unit. Right! What a joke!
How do you know any of that? Oh, that's right - you don't. You just made it up.
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
@biomuse, the Tube-Tech PE 1C and these two new EQs don't really seem too similar. The enhanced and the passive feel way more smoother/crisp than that.

@Jeezo, I did push them quite a bit. Both reacted quite similarly. I might make a video soon, if I have time.

@Silver Sonya, I'd say both. I do all my own engineering for my own music. I did use the limiter mode. I tried to replicate the settings as much a possible between the two. Yes, I know they're in real life they're different units, but as I said... I did hear a difference, however, it was quite subtle. The Vari Comp just felt a little easier to "set and forget." I suspect a very similar algorithm.

@Aiyn Zahav, I know, but I would just expect it to have a little more character/reaction variation.
Deleted e1b9f94
Quote:
There's a cult-like climate that surrounds Softube here as i can see. People, better find real religion and leave this kind of beliefs to audiophiles.

All I'm saying is they didn't have to redo complete algorithm and i doubt they tested another unit. Right! What a joke! Background of difference that you hear can be explained in other ways. I doubt is they would make some semi-softube 1176 better than their own FET (which is fantastic BTW).
Yes, they are serious but not serious as Melanoma malignum.

And, yes, everything can be checked...
Look we are hear you and i can assure you we (people who like softube quality products) are not cult people. But let's just say that indeed we are stupid cult people and you are claiming what you claim.

So why don't you post simple examples of what you are claiming ?? Simple mp3 will do it really.

So?

I suppose you are gonna tell the world that you don't have time to post mp3 with your findings etc.etc. (ironically you have full time making funny stories).

Lately i don't understand how people dare to claim dramatic even draconic stories yet when people ask or point to some at least some little evidence or any kind of back up/support for that argument these same poeple which claimed that in the first place only argue about it.

And it seems almost same in every and each thread like it is some scripted scenario..

Post some evidence or i nevery other case - LAME
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Also: there's a total ignorant outsider kind of conspiracy theorist bent that is hard to take.

It's like when people whisper conspiracy theories about Massey, who is totally normal, sweet, approachable, accessible dude. I try to keep telling people this, but everybody wants to believe he's in some secret league with Avid or whatever...

The world of professional audio is not really suffused with conspiracies, although I suppose it's cooler to think that it is.

Softube aren't "up to" anything. Just ask them a question and you'll get a direct and straightforward answer. Don't be weird on purpose.

- c
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui ➡️
How do you know any of that? Oh, that's right - you don't. You just made it up.
Another one? Wow!

...what do you know what I know about anything? If you only know...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod ➡️
Look we are hear you and i can assure you we (people who like softube quality products) are not cult people. But let's just say that indeed we are stupid cult people and you are claiming what you claim.

So why don't you post simple examples of what you are claiming ?? Simple mp3 will do it really.

So?

I suppose you are gonna tell the world that you don't have time to post mp3 with your findings etc.etc. (ironically you have full time making funny stories).

Lately i don't understand how people dare to claim dramatic even draconic stories yet when people ask or point to some at least some little evidence or any kind of back up/support for that argument these same poeple which claimed that in the first place only argue about it.

And it seems almost same in every and each thread like it is some scripted scenario..

Post some evidence or i nevery other case - LAME
What's so dramatic or draconic that I've said? Go easy man!

...and why would I have to post evidence alone? Other can tell what ever they want without posting anything?

But ok, if you like...listen to this. First part is NI VC76 and second is Softube FET: .mp3

Do you what example in codes too?
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Another one? Wow!

...what do you know what I know about anything? If you only know...
I know you just offended their whole cult and all the audiophiles,wherever they are.WOW!!LOL.

Sent from my PC36100
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This is plugins we're talking about. It really doesn't merit all this drama.

- c
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Here's some perspective.

- c
Old 22nd September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
if i was NIand Softube sales and marketing guy reading this thread , i would be .....:

ok guyz let's create a thrid brand ...lol
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya ➡️
AMAZING !

Thanks for sharing .
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by biomuse ➡️
Well, we're in a pickle then. Because I contacted Softube at the time as well and they explained to me that it was exactly the same plugin but the Softube version was slightly better inasmuch as it had a wet/dry knob. So....?

Look, I'm not saying there was no work or no tweaks done to any of these plugs (although it sure looks that way with at least one of the EQs). It just would be nice if Softube & NI didn't leave us playing this type of guessing game. Could they clear this up for us please? It's mostly the opacity of this type of rebranded release that I find annoying.
@SilverSonya:

Which part of the above did you not understand? I still have the email from Softube. Would you like me to PM it to you? I'd be happy to do that.

This isn't conjecture, nor is it intended to be "drama." It's a very reasonable and very simple question, which either Softube or NI can easily answer in about four seconds. If I'm wrong, I'll be demoing the NI plugs the next day.

I don't like shell games in marketing. There's no need for it, or even the smell of it. It happened in the past. It should have ceased. Period.

P.S. I do not ever make it a practice to annul another person's opinions by branding them "conspiratorial" when the bar for that term is as low as you've apparently set it. The Massey thing amounted to snark about being frustrated that I can't personally buy his plugins, as I made clear at the time.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
This is plugins we're talking about. It really doesn't merit all this drama.
This should be a signature.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
if i was NIand Softube sales and marketing guy reading this thread , i would be .....:

IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma5vdqthnb1qdyg71o1_1280.jpg[/IMG

ok guyz let's create a thrid brand ...lol

Funny. If I were an NI sales and marketing guy I'd just respond to questions (which they presumably will). Call me crazy.
Old 23rd September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
@SilverSonya:

Which part of the above did you not understand? I still have the email from Softube. Would you like me to PM it to you? I'd be happy to do that.

This isn't conjecture, nor is it intended to be "drama." It's a very reasonable and very simple question, which either Softube or NI can easily answer in about four seconds. If I'm wrong, I'll be demoing the NI plugs the next day.

I don't like shell games in marketing. There's no need for it, or even the smell of it. It happened in the past. It should have ceased. Period.

P.S. I do not ever make it a practice to annul another person's opinions by branding them "conspiratorial" when the bar for that term is as low as you've apparently set it. The Massey thing amounted to snark about being frustrated that I can't personally buy his plugins, as I made clear at the time.
Alright, I searched in the mails I got it.

Softube said it's the SAME HARDWARE they used, but they are NOT the same.

So they must have done some new measurements and so on.

Also, the LA-2A has nothing to do with the TLA-100. They said that they "finally had to model an LA-2A" and that it was a pain in the ass to get it right.

I'll say it again, I've compared the FET and the VC 76 when it was released and they sounded different. The VC 76 was more "neutral" than the FET to my ears, in a way it sounded a little cleaner.

Just to clear things out.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash ➡️
Alright, I searched in the mails I got it.

Softube said it's the SAME HARDWARE they used, but they are NOT the same.

So they must have done some new measurements and so on.
I'll say it again, I've compared the FET and the VC 76 when it was released and they sounded different. The VC 76 was more "neutral" than the FET to my ears, in a way it sounded a little cleaner.

Just to clear things out.
Sorry, not what I've got from Softube. Direct quote:

"It's the same emulation. However, the Softube version offers additional features such as continuous ratio, detector filtering, lookahead, VST3, and iLok protection."

My emphasis.

I blame NI for the vagueness of it more than Softube. Softube cleared this up when asked. What I don't understand is why NI didn't just say this out loud in the marketing at large.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Amazing, thank you for this!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I really like what I was hearing from the VariComp and very nearly bought it until I did a blind AB test against the mPressor and at the last minute did a u-turn and got the mPressor as it was on special. I could get the two sounding very close but when I did an eyes closed test and didn't allow myself to know which one I was hearing I preferred the mPressor marginally. VC was a bit rounder to my ears but the mPressor had a bit more definition. Unfortunately the mPressor doesn't have a wet/dry knob like the VC or Alpha but nonetheless it can obviously still be used parallel via routing if so desired.
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

If these plugs are shells I made out @$169 for the whole bundle.

I won the war,but if your right,I might not be as fortunate with the battle.

In some aspects,I don't like it either.that's why I pick my Plugins very carefully!

I could end up buying the same plugin with a different GUI:facepalm.

So I'm in agreement with you!

Keep analysis going!

Sent from my PC36100
Old 23rd September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGJAY ➡️
If these plugs are shells I made out @$169 for the whole bundle.

I won the war,but if your right,I might not be as fortunate with the battle.

In some aspects,I don't like it either.that's why I pick my Plugins very carefully!

I could end up buying the same plugin with a different GUI:facepalm.

So I'm in agreement with you!

Keep analysis going!

Sent from my PC36100
Who has them for $169.00???
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailmix ➡️
I believe he had a voucher.
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailmix ➡️
Yea I had a 60 dollar voucher from my komplete 7 purchase.so instead of $229,I paid $169!

Happiville.com!

Sent from my PC36100
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Softube aren't "up to" anything. Just ask them a question and you'll get a direct and straightforward answer.
You might even get two opposing answers as attested to by previous posters regarding the Softube and NI 1176 emulations.
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I heard that the code is a near literal translation of code that already exists. @ RumorLand.org
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️

Do you see Waves coments on the forum ? or guyz from UAD ? not that much , a lot of dev knows that it's gonna be a lost of time and energy most of the time (not always !!lol) cause as we all know , GS is a special place right ? Softube is not supposed to communciate on those , NI should ...

kudos to guyz like Steven , Fabrice Gabriel , Dirk (brainworx) , Mathew Lane , Greg ......for being always avaible on this forum and have patience with us !!
waves, ni and uad don't need it, it s just marketing tactics!

smaller companies make lot of their money cause of the hype of this forum.
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Maybe they just stole all the code originally too,then added to it.They are just algorithms.Draw up a new GUI.Money!!How hard could it be?Probably stole it from Waves.Or just Plugin espionage,stealing from the former company you worked for.I am sure it happens just like any other field,stealing trade secrets.Except UAD of course

Conspiracy theory?

Sent from my PC36100
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_Abstract ➡️
waves, ni and uad don't need it, it s just marketing tactics!

smaller companies make lot of their money cause of the hype of this forum.
The only hype on here comes from guys who want to justify their purchase or developers.When guys like jeezo are excited about something,it is because he has compared it and sees the value in it,which is not hype.

Guys that argue hw over sw or vice versa,now that can be like politics or religion.

Sent from my PC36100
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
@ K-Slash & biomuse >>>> Thanks for the confirmation!
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Are you ok ?

📝 Reply