Quantcast
D16 Group - LuSH-101 - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
D16 Group - LuSH-101
Old 18th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
loaded up a pad patch. played for a bit. crashed logic 9.1.7 (1st crash in over 2 years) on 10.6.8

sounded nice but very high CPU load.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Very inspiring and fat sound. Impressed. Will buy sooner or later.
Old 18th October 2012
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Did you guys get an email with the discount?

I got an email saying they'd send them out, but I haven't received anything since.

-SD
Old 18th October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I think 20% discount applies if you own at least 4 plugins which i don't but I could be wrong
Old 18th October 2012
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
^
Thanks. I hadn't heard that

-SD
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm kind of torn two ways, on the otherhand it sounds beautiful, but I'm still struggling to get certain sounds out of it. The supersaw is absolutely beautiful. 15 minutes of demo time is just enough to get a decent sound, and then you need to restart and start all over :/.

I was probably consentrating on the negative things on my posts, it's a great synth, don't get me wrong.

For the discount, you can go to user area and see crossgrades. There should be a coupon. It's available until nov 31st if I remember correctly.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
I finally had time to listen to the demo's properly and it does sound nice.

$200 nice? Maybe if I didn't have my current vst synth arsenal. However I didn't hear anything I couldn't reproduce with my current set up. At $100 I would have bought it. At $200, I'll pass.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpchartrand ➑️

$200 nice? Maybe if I didn't have my current vst synth arsenal. However I didn't hear anything I couldn't reproduce with my current set up. At $100 I would have bought it. At $200, I'll pass.
kinda feeling the same even with the 20% discount.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpchartrand ➑️

care to list your fav VSTs for sounds close to the Lush? I'm still fairly new to using my VST synths in-depth so can't really tell how far I could go with them in comparison to the Lush...also the high CPU load makes me think twice about it.

for reference, I'm using TAL Bassline & Noisemaker, Synth1, U-he Tyrell, Korg M1 Legacy, Sylenth1, Dune CM (version without FX section & only half the mod matrix slots), also I'm waiting for my Minibrute as a first analog hardware synth...dunno if I really need another VST
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Nice sound, but the demo is way too restricted - annoying to say the least.

Also I think the interface needs more work. The text and sliders are too small. And who needs that huge keyboard? It just uses up a lot of space for no good reason.

Lastly I think it's a bit too expensive. They should at least offer an introductory discount, like others have suggested.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I think some people really need to check their system.

The Calm Pad preset uses 8% of my year old non-DAW internet laptop which has a not very fast triple core AMD cpu.
Given the fact that I really dig the sound of this plugin, I will buy it tomorrow.
I think this will be my new goto synth plugin, replacing Sylenth1.
It destroys almost any virtual analog hardware synth, except for the Access Virus.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkristian ➑️

Also I think the interface needs more work. The text and sliders are too small. And who needs that huge keyboard? It just uses up a lot of space for no good reason.

Lastly I think it's a bit too expensive. They should at least offer an introductory discount, like others have suggested.
This plugin has hardware quality sound. Imo the price is right. Sylenth1 is in the same price range.
Old 18th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Bough it after 15 minutes. Using with my other VSTi's. Maybe I'm wrong but i change in settings to independent arrpegio and cpu hog was down raddicaly. I'll be using LuSH more than Arturia virtual Prophet and Jupiter.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascalVB ➑️
This plugin has hardware quality sound. Imo the price is right. Sylenth1 is in the same price range.
Well, Sylenth1 is quite an old synth. There are other way more capable competitors out these days, like the u-he diva and the synths from xils labs.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Well, Sylenth1 is quite an old synth. There are other way more capable competitors out these days, like the u-he diva and the synths from xils labs.
It's all a matter of taste, but I prefer the sound of LuSH-101 over Diva.
And even if Sylenth1 is old, it sounds great. A Minimoog is old too...
Old 18th October 2012
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Sounds super cool to me. I am really impressed with the drum capabilities this machine has too. Sounds like hardware.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto Alvarez ➑️
Sounds super cool to me. I am really impressed with the drum capabilities this machine has too. Sounds like hardware.
yes!
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I haven't tried the demo yet, but based on reports of the restrictions, I agree.

Quote:
Yep, the keyboard doesn't just take up space, it's awful looking. Looks like they used a picture of some low quality keybed on a hardware synth.

An option to hide the keyboard and remember the setting needs to be added.
Old 18th October 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Who gives a flying foooook what it looks like - all I want to know is, are the sounds rich, full of flavour and tastier than a Nigella Finger Pie
Old 19th October 2012 | Show parent
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
It sounds OLD. I love it!
Old 19th October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I tested the demo quite a few times and the presets are great IMO, very inspirational.
I started making some dance basslines with it and i'm now sold on it(wish the demo was longer than 15 minutes). It does sound really good to me and from what I remember of my old sold SH101 it does have that sh101 vibe. I'm not sure it is a full on emulation of the sh101, but it sounds very similar from what I remember and it does sound good. I'm going to buy it because I think it is a groovy sounding synth and it saves me spending upwards of Β£500 on a real sh101.
As others have said certain presets absolutely kick the cpu.
Bottom line for me is I find it fun to use, and it has the sh101 sound/vibe. I have not received any discount coupons and I own Drumazon and Phoscyon so don't know what has happened there.
I think they should get rid of that big keyboard and maybe use the space to make the readouts slightly bigger, other than that I think it's a little fire cracker
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmatibet ➑️
I'd love a controller of that. Looking the same!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
it sounds stunning.

bought it.

it might be the most sonically pure sound source i've ever heard.

i just made an 8 bar loop with it that just about hypnotized me.

i'm gonna make a demo song using nothing but lush-101 instances, with maybe the nepheton.
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalcide ➑️
i'm gonna make a demo song using nothing but lush-101 instances, with maybe the nepheton.
Yes do. I'll share mine:

It's in my sig too though. I'm pretty impressed, it's a great sound source and can give you a lot.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiyn Zahav ➑️
Yes do. I'll share mine:
Sounds great, Aiyn. Really nice track, too.

I'd love to hear a lossless version of it and add it to my playlist. :-)

(I'll share, for sure. I already have something really cool happening. The song is writing itself. The clarity is amazing on this synth. I have a spectrum analyzer I use during tracking and even it seems to be "dancing" in a more mathmatically uniform way -- if that makes any sense. I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining it. The sound waveforms look ... better, somehow.)

Cheers.
Old 19th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
not for me.. its got the same exact things I dislike about synth squad.. and some extra things I dislike...

However, We've got to have respect for those who want a Sh101 emulation.. and to my ears.. its spot on.

I like modern, great sounding plugins.. Rapture, Oxium, even Diva and Ace. I even love the way Synth Squad sounds, but can not stand its GUI.. I'm not in the market for an Sh101 really.. I could have been for **$79. but @ $199 its targeted exactly at those who are, "in the market for a 101 emulation," imho. This emulation is spot on... It sounds like a modeled 101. You can hear it instantly...

**$79 = no mod matrix? and its multi-timbrel which to me = pita to use in the computer world. That's how I get $79.

But for those who want/need, are desperate for, "the best 101 emulation," this is your shot, and $199 is not much to pay, if that is what you want.
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalcide ➑️
Sounds great, Aiyn. Really nice track, too.

I'd love to hear a lossless version of it and add it to my playlist. :-)

(I'll share, for sure. I already have something really cool happening. The song is writing itself. The clarity is amazing on this synth. I have a spectrum analyzer I use during tracking and even it seems to be "dancing" in a more mathmatically uniform way -- if that makes any sense. I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining it. The sound waveforms look ... better, somehow.)

Cheers.
Great, Im happy you liked it.

Well it's 320 kbp/s so it aint too bad. But I'll send you a wave file, I'll share it with you on soundcloud. Just maybe not right now, give me a day or so.

It was a lot of fun doing these sounds, I've had more fun on Lush than I've had in a while.

It's all the things I don't have to think of like "oh.. how am I going to get this to sound a bit snappier?" or larger, or rougher. Everything is right there as I need it and it works.

Tbh there is so much neat stuff going on the front page that I haven't felt a strong need for a mod matrix. I made about 80 sounds for this commercial soundset release without any extensive mod matrix and I never once missed it.

Knowing d16, I bet there have more up their sleeve for the future too
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascalVB ➑️
It's all a matter of taste, but I prefer the sound of LuSH-101 over Diva.
And even if Sylenth1 is old, it sounds great. A Minimoog is old too...
I like the sylenth. It has a good clean sound and low cpu-usage. But I would never use it to emulate a Minimoog or any other analogue synth.

But, you are right concerning the price. I guess I was just annoyed that there is no introduction price on this thing (the lush).

The interface has to be fixed though, as I see it. Barely useable at all as it is. (too cramped, tiny text, huge useless keyboard)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiyn Zahav ➑️
Yes do. I'll share mine:

It's in my sig too though. I'm pretty impressed, it's a great sound source and can give you a lot.
That's one mighty nice song, congrats. Great sounds.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Guess it was bound to happen with another D16 product, fell in love with it.

You can get absolutely beautiful sounds with it. The insert fx are great, this is probably the first synth that I actually see myself using them. The chorus is great, as are some of the others.

I don't usually like synth names that characterize a product (brute, lush, glue come to mind), but this can really be LUSH. Dialing in a simple pwm pad with the chorus is amazingly lush. Or the supersaw, definately best of it's kind I've tried on any synth.

It was a bit different than I initially thought (never used and SH101), but I love it already.
πŸ“ Reply