D16 Group - LuSH-101 - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
D16 Group - LuSH-101
Old 23rd September 2012 | Show parent
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Wow, those pads are amazing. 80s Sci-Fi.
Old 11th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This'll be out in a week, 18th oct.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave ➑️
This'll be out in a week, 18th oct.
Price?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This from Facebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook/D16 Group Audio Software
We'd would like to announce that a long-awaited synthesizer LuSH-101 is about to be released. Release date is planned on Thursday, October 18th, 2012 10:10:10 AM (CET).

Retail price is going to be 149 EUR / 199 USD / 119 GBP.

Discount coupon codes will be prepared for our loyal customers and information about this will be available soon.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
This from Facebook:

Ouch...
Old 11th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Considering the quality, that sounds fair to me.

I was thinking more of €200.

Great to know it's 50 less !
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash ➑️
Considering the quality, that sounds fair to me.

I was thinking more of €200.

Great to know it's 50 less !
I guess I'm just pissed cause I know I'll end up buying it and I wish I would have spent less :(
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Interested in who they count as loyal customers and how much the discount will be.

I really don't need another "analog" synth, but if theres limited time offer I'll be tempted. Own all D16 plugins so far and use them regularly.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpchartrand ➑️
I guess I'm just pissed cause I know I'll end up buying it and I wish I would have spent less :(
I hear you .
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
I don't know much about D16 besides their Decimator which I own and love dearly.

How is their 808 emulation?
Old 11th October 2012
Wildfunk
Planned release date: Thursday, October 18th, 2012 10:10:10 AM (CET).

Retail price: 149 EUR / 199 USD / 119 GBP.

Discount coupon codes for loyal customers.
Old 12th October 2012
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Am I a loyal customer??
Old 12th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Great to see that 2 plugins that I've been waiting for for a long time are finally being released with only a few days difference (The Drop & LuSH-101).

Not so great for my bank account, but no complaints
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascalVB ➑️
Great to see that 2 plugins that I've been waiting for for a long time are finally being released with only a few days difference (The Drop & LuSH-101).

Not so great for my bank account, but no complaints
These are my thoughts exactly except I would have to add Reviver (WIN) beta to this list. Good times!
Old 12th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone beta-testing this and compare to Diva in regards to:
Sound Quality
CPU use

Is it either or, or both? Diva AND LuSH 101?
Is there a distinct and noticeable difference in sound characteristic?
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I have used the trial version of Diva and personally it did not convince me.
I cannot explain it, but there is something with the attack of the sounds that bothers me.

But I know that this is personal and that there are a lot of people that adore Diva.

The sound examples I heard of LuSH-101 have exactly the "character" that I like. So I'll definitely buy it.
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrainer ➑️
Sound Quality
CPU use

Yes very different. I think they are of comparable quality with (for me) DIVA taking a slight lead, and Lush is a little easier on the CPU.

Having said that, the sound is very different so it's more a matter of preference, I do think DIVA sounds a bit larger and the filter is better, but DIVA is all over the place with it's drift and can be hard to mix.

Lush has it's own sound which is a bit more solid and punchy so it is very easy to mix. It also covers a lot of sonic territory, especially with its built in effects.

Definitely both for me. I wouldn't like to be without either of them for my own music now.
Old 13th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrainer ➑️
Sound Quality
CPU use

I'm going to buy your drum samples one day too. They sound excellent, I've too many harsh drum sounds that never work in a mix. Some are "creative" but in reality quite useless.

I love your 2-pot electro demo.

Here is something I found myself doing with lush in the early hours of this morning, or last night, whichever it was.

Old 13th October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Nice vibe!
Old 13th October 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
real nice
Old 18th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
What's going on, it's been out for an hour and no one has commented .

Sounds good, mod matrix a bit limited, need to read the manual I guess as I couldn't figure out how to modulate some options.

Big GUI, lot's of small details. Slider sensitivity feels weird at first.

Layering system seems fun, can have different arps running on different layers.

Quite CPU intensive atleast with high quality.
Old 18th October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Loyalty discount is a big letdown!
Old 18th October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
It's a winner I think. Raw and aggressive. Filter is nice too
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yes, was expecting a bit more generous offer for loyals.

After 10 more minutes, no real modulation matrix.. would've been fun to send LFO to Vowel Filter. Well, maybe it's coming later.

Nice sounds, can't deny that, capable of a lot of stuff I can't do on other synths. Not comfy with the filter yet, double enveloping is great tho. Reso attenuates sound a lot when filtered.

No sine sub osc, no sine osc at all, but I guess that was the case with SH101 too.

Supersaw sounds great, but drains cpu quick.

Not quite as easy to dial in punchy bass' as say FXP Strobe.

Not 100 % convinced yet.
Old 18th October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
thx raymondwave for first impressions! looking forward to more info on this one, I'm considering to buy this or Diva...looking for nice layered "big" sounds

I'll demo this myself when I have the time (too much work right now) but until then, I'll keep reading your opinions guys
Old 18th October 2012
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Whats the loyalty discount?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
First impressions to me are that Diva sounds "better" (it's objective ofcourse). I'm not instantly liking the filter on LuSH, it takes some tweaking to get a really nice rounded, yet snappy envelope to it. Sound breaks quite easily and the bass lacks something (on headphones tho).

The insert fx are pretty good, but that's no surprise after using the silver line plugins. Never use fx in instruments, but I could see myself using these.

Kind of feeling now that this is more capable of different sounds, but not quite the punchy single osc bass beast I expected it to be.

It's defaulting very quiet sounds, you need to crank first layer volume from 50 % default to 100 % and then go to mixer and gain even more to get sounds on par with many other synths.

20 % off is the loyalty discount.
Old 18th October 2012
Wildfunk
CPU +14% when Lush is active but not used, +42% when playing the first bass preset "Babicz Bass". And this on "Normal quality"...

Are the Timbres editable? And are they just added to the Source Mixer via subtractive synthesis?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
CPU load is quite big, I had "Calm Pad" peaking 100 % on my 8-core Mac Pro. The sound has only one layer, but it uses supersaw with 10 voice poly and unison. This was in normal quality.

I think timbres and the mixer are equivalent of multiple instances of LuSH mixed together in the DAW. It's just easier to create layered sounds this way and you can map across keyboard (I think). There are plenty of possibilities, but I don't know if you can for example have a master filter (I think not). This was the biggest short coming on the Cakewalk Rapture, which had similar layering, but I never had any use for it because it didn't have proper master filter.

IMHO having a mixer inside an instrument is useless. I like to create my sounds with a single instance and use 3rd party processing. There are EQ and comp in LuSH mixer, so you could basically mix a whole song in LuSH, but not really the way I like to work.

Having 8 instances of LuSH in one has resulted also in needing to map automated parameters before being able to automate in daw (you can have default mapping I guess..). One of Presonus Studio Ones best features is that you can very quickly automate any parameter by clicking on the knob and creating automation for last edited parameter. You can't do this with LUSH because you first need to map parameters inside LUSH to be available for automation. It's a bit too feature rich layer-wise, but then it lacks a mod matrix to modulate FX parameters for example (or I just didn't yet realize how).
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
First impressions to me are that Diva sounds "better" (it's objective ofcourse). I'm not instantly liking the filter on LuSH, it takes some tweaking to get a really nice rounded, yet snappy envelope to it. Sound breaks quite easily and the bass lacks something (on headphones tho).

The insert fx are pretty good, but that's no surprise after using the silver line plugins. Never use fx in instruments, but I could see myself using these.

Kind of feeling now that this is more capable of different sounds, but not quite the punchy single osc bass beast I expected it to be.

It's defaulting very quiet sounds, you need to crank first layer volume from 50 % default to 100 % and then go to mixer and gain even more to get sounds on par with many other synths.

20 % off is the loyalty discount.
Actually 20% is not that bad of a discount I think. However, based on what I'm reading about it, I will definitely not be spending the $200 asked for this.

I think they hype was quite big and that explains the high price. I will wait until the price comes down or will buy Diva.
πŸ“ Reply