Quantcast
Sonic Charge PERMUT8 - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sonic Charge PERMUT8
Old 15th August 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I bought it this morning. What a cool plug in. The clock freq knob is great for build up effects and stops.
Old 27th August 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Me in love.
Old 27th August 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Just Bought it
Old 2nd September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Bought it. Man, this thing is cool. I have no idea how to make SAMs speech clearer in the hack, but so dope that it's even there!
Old 3rd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm having so much fun...really powerful thing.
Congratz again.
Old 5th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Cool developer, great concept, FANTASTIC implementation. A great compliment to the more analog orientated Speakerphone for creating digital crusts and bent patinas from the digital audio past. I especially enjoy the handy 'randomize' given all the possible combinations, only wish he would put it on the main GUI ;-)

REALLY appreciate the existing product discount too ;-) To offer a discount on something ALREADY so reasonably priced says a lot about Sonic Charge :D
Old 7th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This thing is deep... I'm a bit confused about the 'hack'? 'puzzle code entry thing'?

I must be dumb or lazy... Actually it could be a lack of time... But if anyone wants to show of some superior intellect and explain what and how?

Zz.
Old 8th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla ➑️
This thing is deep... I'm a bit confused about the 'hack'? 'puzzle code entry thing'?

I must be dumb or lazy... Actually it could be a lack of time... But if anyone wants to show of some superior intellect and explain what and how?

Zz.
I wrote the developer concerning a reference to a 'hack' and 'firmware update' in his forum and IN PART, recieved this message:

"Firmwares are saved with song data and presets so it enables us to release
presets with different firmware in them. But as we have not done so yet, what
you are looking for is the power user "easter egg", that is why there is nothing
about it in the user guide. =)"

The rest of the email goes on to explain how to access what I assume is the 'hack being referred to. As I am not sure as to the confidentiality of the rest of the details I would simply ask suggest you write the developer himself via the Sonic Charge support email and let him determine it's distribution ;-)

Old 8th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hi!
If you haven't already read it from KVR, I recently released patch banks for Permut8 and Synplant. (they are both on intro offer)
You can check them out on my website: Ghostwave Audio
Old 8th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great Plug-In, cool concept, unique sounds, just bought it after having actually forgotten about the demo I had already installed. Nice one!
Old 9th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Here is first test destroying my latest Tremor Beat with Permut8, automating filter cutoff and clock frequency and various bit switches on the fly.
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Recording of a Moscow taxi driver destroyed with Permu8:
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
FWIW (and as an excuse to bump the thread for a great product), two of my own recent blog posts featuring PERMUT8 as processor/inspiration:

http://loopyc.com/?p=2836

http://loopyc.com/?p=2851

Old 18th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I really like this plug-in. Here is a small demo I've made some weeks ago. The core beat is a simple Sonic Charge uTonic preset processed by Permut8. I've also added 1 delay line from Ableton Live and 1 other delay line from my Eventide Eclipse. I've also modulated a lot Permut8, the switches and the filter amount, during this live recording (I didn't edit it).

HΓ©di K.
Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Permut8ed Drumgroove from one of my tracks, automating switches, feedback, reverse, filter on the fly.
Old 30th September 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
This thing is great on at least two levels. One is the weird architecture that can create these really unique sounds. Two is the actual sound of the thing itself. It just has a really interesting and unique presence in a mix that sets it apart from most other effects out there, for example Turnado being one that's in a somewhat similar vein. I like Turnado, but Permut8 has something special going on with the sound quality. I can hardly wait to see what these guys come up with next.
Old 31st December 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I just picked this up. It's a very deep fx plugin. It's going to take some time to learn what all it's capable of.
Old 24th April 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

ItΒ΄s in an updated version now. Re-sizable plus new Firmware...it still rules in 2020!
πŸ“ Reply