The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ronin Applied Sciences...Pegasus Microphone System, finally complete!!!
Old 25th October 2011
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Ronin Applied Sciences...Pegasus Microphone System, finally complete!!!

Greetings all Gearslutz. After ages of prototyping and development we are proud to introduce the Pegasus Microphone System. We have sought to create a new classic, a modern microphone that pushes progress forward without leaving sonic beauty behind.

We have the desire and feel the necessity to attempt to elevate the breadth and beauty of the recorded world. To create new sonic palettes and march forward in terms of design. To innovate with a purpose. The Pegasus Microphone System is our first step towards to the aforementioned necessities...we hope that you enjoy and that you open your minds, hearts and most importantly, ears.

The Pegasus Microphone System:

CAPSULE: Stephen Paul Audio! re-engineered K47 backplates with 1micron diaphragms. We are proud and humbled to be the only microphone manufacturer to feature such groundbreaking, amazing and specialized work...Tony Merrill has been a mentor to us for some time and has been instrumental in furthering our understanding of the true depths of microphone design. He was gracious enough to work with us, and found our design philosophies intriguing enough to allow his stellar work to be represented in our microphone....just as a side note all of our future models will feature Stephen Paul Audio capsules.

TUBE: Siemans C3g....a pentode, wired as a true pentode. Never before used in any microphone, this loktal base, metal bottle of audio lust is truly lightening in a bottle indeed. NOS, frame grid construction, double shielded, double getter. Designed for use in the German post telephone repeater amplifiers it was created from the ground up for small signal amplification. All characteristics for government use, small signal AF amplification have been optimized and robustly implemented (low microphonics, low noise, evenly distributed harmonic spectrum, long life, etc...) There is no SQ version, no "military" version, no true "equivalent", this tube is the final say of this particular design....and what a design it is, with low rejection rates (even for microphones!) and a magnificent ability to swing enormous voltage. We have configured our circuit to take full advantage of this tube and its inherently amazing performance.

TRANSFORMER: Toroidal, custom made for us by Samar audio. Its low losses and sonic performance have converted us to using only toroidal transformers for audio....it handily outperformed all iterations of transformers of more "traditional" fare that we had custom made for us from a variety of well known manufacturers. Low saturation, no gaps, low radiation, inherent greater immunity to stray fields, greater core efficiency, low noise, 100% grain orientation and thus far cleaner or unobstructed flux flow...tape wound, 80%Ni, multi-section wound, multiple layered varnish and potted. Wound by a master specifically for our circuit configuration. Magnetically superior and beautiful sounding.

CIRCUIT & PARTS: Inductor loaded (otherwise known as a plate choke), an 80%Ni core, hand wound inductor ensures that the tube receives a full 110volts to the plate for unheard of headroom....as opposed to the more traditional resistor load which drops (in most microphone configurations) 50-60v, essentially (in our opinion) resulting in a "starved plate". We have far greater dynamic range, B+ swing, lower distortion, full tube gain and a far more linear bias point...it also acts as another point of AC smoothing (which there is no more AC to smooth anyway given our power supply design...explained momentarily). These gains exist in many orders of magnitude above any other tube LDC we have encountered. This circuit configuration (according to our AP tests) allows for a THD+N of 0.05% at 1k (technically stretching between 200hz - 7k), IMD average of 0.1% (just for reference these measurements were conducted with a 600mV input signal!!...therefor one can imagine how low distortions are under more traditional encounters), 12db of gain, more dynamic range than any tube LDC, and our circuit can also output line level (therefor you can skip a preamp if you wish and go directly to wherever you wish, and if you desire the color of a preamp then simply engage a pad, or use one of A-Designs cool ATTY's , OR if you wish we will include an optional level switch into the power supply chassis), plus we have an ultra low output impedance of 68ohms...This circuit has never existed in a tube LDC (as far as we know it's not in any microphone period) and has the rare distinction of being a true original...
...we have designed our own output capacitors and have them made in America, (oil impregnated polypropylene), use only metal film resistors (cathode resistor is actually a Vishay VTA55 metal foil with a derated spec of 1% but an actual average tolerance of 0.1% and a +/-4ppm), all lower value capacitors are teflon film and foil from Relcap.....there are ZERO electrolytics, 0 mica, 0 tantalum, 0 polystyrene, 0 polyester capacitors ANYWHERE in the microphone...we don't use phenolic board but teflon mounting rails with 14awg copper contact points for the absolute lowest of losses and utmost electrical stability (especially important in the high impedance area)

BODY&GRILL: Latch Lake, hardened steel, Harley Davidson pearlescent powder coat (laser masked trimming), shiny nickel undercoat and grill. The grill has been implemented with an exhaustively designed single layer mesh for the absolute minimal sonic intrusion of standing waves (as well as issues caused by edge diffraction of incoming waves - BEFORE they even get a chance to reflect internally)...Given the ultra low mass of the diaphragm in conjunction with the grill design we strongly recommend using a pop filter for vocals. Mr.Jeff Roberts has been a great friend and supporter and we give him many thanks (our microphone weighs in at a hefty 5lbs so we fully recommend using one of his mic stands as well!!)...even if you don't pickup a Pegasus at least pick up one of his stands. Every body is hand inlayed with our logo in black mother of pearl by Larry Robinson in California.

POWER SUPPLY: Linear (which should be a given at this point), ALL film capacitor B+ (Solen caps), tube rectified (6x4), tube regulated (150b2)...slow start up, no high frequency "hash" contamination, no noisy zeners...Heater section features Fairchilds top of the line diodes, a completely discreet series regulator built onto a small sub-board (inspired by and modified from, the Walt Jung super regulator, for less capacitors and no zeners) it is completely and truly load invariant, absolutely of the lowest impedance and noise...no 317 or 10xx chips here. The heater features more capacitance than any other power supply, uses the lowest esr capacitors from Jensen and is all film bypassed (Mundorf caps). It is multi-pattern (cardioid-with a rear lobe pickup similar to hypercardioid, omni, figure-8) available on discreet steps on a high quality Seiden switch, push button power up and a B+ VU meter displayed atop the unit. Filtered IEC inlet, true star grounding, 1oz copper traces with silver immersion...(all labels are engraved instead of silk screened).

EXTRAS: Custom made mic cable (custom lengths available, standard 13') by Cardas audio...Mr.George Cardas has been interested enough in mic technology and performance to create a tube microphone cable for us, and given us a comparable pricing structure for which we are most appreciative. This ensures the lowest of losses and highest quality of materials and construction...the absolute highest performance. Ruessen shield, Mr.Cardas's proprietary configuration and geometry, teflon dielectrics...even the copper is drawn and annealed in the US in his factory....
...Shielded power cable
...Zebra wood box featuring piano grade felt and internal suspension. Lacquered and laser engraved (no cheap silk screening that rubs off)
...Heavy duty steamer trunk made of wood and vulcanized fiber, a one inch layer of high density foam forms an external layer of protection while another one inch layer of lower density foam forms an additional layer of internal shock absorption.
...every unit is hand made in America

As one can hopefully tell we also pride ourselves in a high degree of industrial design and hold visual aesthetics of high importance...if this is to be a sonic flagship of sorts then it should also be a visual one as well. A high end item should fulfill an aspect of beauty and be held to a high standard of visual design...

Each System is serially numbered and the run is limited to 100 units (primarily, scarcity of tubes, we have enough to create the system and enough to provide service if necessary but not enough to provide units ad-infinitum.)

We will post shootout files in the appropriate sub-forum (blind, between the Pegasus Microphone System, a Brauner KHE and a Lucas cs4)....and now for the kicker...

All of this comes in at just $4200, we sell direct and also currently have a point of sale for the US...please email us for further details
[email protected]
Old 25th October 2011
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
...here are some pics by the way
Attached Thumbnails
Ronin Applied Sciences...Pegasus Microphone System, finally complete!!!-pegasus-show.jpg   Ronin Applied Sciences...Pegasus Microphone System, finally complete!!!-power-supply.jpg   Ronin Applied Sciences...Pegasus Microphone System, finally complete!!!-pegasus-show3.jpg   Ronin Applied Sciences...Pegasus Microphone System, finally complete!!!-power-supply2.jpg   Ronin Applied Sciences...Pegasus Microphone System, finally complete!!!-pattern-select.jpg  

Ronin Applied Sciences...Pegasus Microphone System, finally complete!!!-siemans-tube.jpg   Ronin Applied Sciences...Pegasus Microphone System, finally complete!!!-capacitor.jpg  
Old 25th October 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Looks killer, congrats!
Old 25th October 2011
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
that is stunning. WOW The SP and Tony 1 micron lives on in! I really what to see\hear this in action!
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Beautiful- can't wait to hear it!

-SD
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I had the opportunity to listen to this mic at AES and talk with the designer...very cool microphone system!!
Gear Head

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
those shots are very sexy!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Thank you all so very much, we most certainly did our best, and we always shall. We debuted at this years AES and had a wonderful time...got some really effusive and amazing responses from the sound just off of the floor!! (definitely not the best environment for a mic to truly show its prowess)

@2busdriver Yes good sir, SPA and Tony are here to stay and we are humbled to be the conduit for their "reintroduction" as it were. Tony is a genius in our eyes. I (Dimitri here) have had nothing but reverence for their work and it was important to me that it was finally realized in some way in a production microphone, one way or another.

@hughbob (thanks for noticing, we wanted the sex appeal of the system to conveyed with appropriate photography...and we own a decent setup with some good cameras and small product lightboxes, so we decided to put it to use.)

we are absolutely, fanatically dedicated to bringing new and wonderful recording tools to the world and hope that some of you get to try the system!
Old 26th October 2011
SZC
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
The whole package looks beautifully put together.
On my own long path towards bringing a tube mic to market, I too have discovered the delights of the C3g, fantastic tube !!!
The text above and your web site differ regarding being pentode or triode wired.
Eager to hear opinions from first users.
Looks like a real winner
Old 26th October 2011 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
@szc...thank you for pointing that out, the website is a mistake...as the web programmer sorted through our info he published the wrong thing...it is run as a pentode and that information is being rectified.

We appreciate the compliments! And we are getting the first units, purchases and demo's, to people within the next few weeks and we certainly hope they chime in...thanks again!
Old 27th October 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
looks really really cool. Can you explain how it's a "system"? My initial thought when I saw the subject line was something like the Korby. But, it appears it's just a singular mic, correct? Nothing interchangeable?
Old 27th October 2011 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
@jayman...thank you for the compliment. Yes it a single microphone...and it is a system in two senses...

1) It is a system (in a certain context a "closed" system...) as it is designed for optimal performance within itself, in the sense that are almost zero interchangable components... An example would be the tube...there is no substitution for this tube in almost any sense, if one were to change the tube (and consequentially the loktal socket) one would need to change the plate inductor (due to the different plate impedance) as it was made specifically for this circuit...and by consequence the cathode bias resistor (as it sets the bias point which determines plate current, for which the inductor was designed to handle)...naturally a different inductor would present a different DCR and thus you would have a different plate voltage (which affect dynamic range), and with a tube of different plate impedance one would need to match an appropriate transformer, which would change output impedance from our amazingly low 68ohms...etc, etc...in other, less geeky, words...the parts of this microphone are not replaceable with a different "off the shelf" item to increase performance...not only would the performance change (as it would in many mics) but more importantly it would change so drastically that one would assume that something was "broken"....it changes far more in our mic than in just about any other. Our circuit is so dynamically interactive on a component level that it must be designated a system....you would have to change so many other things in order to make the originating alteration effective that you would end up with an entirely different microphone. As opposed to say, many people replace the Cinemag 2461 with the Tab Bv8 (and some vice versa) and suffer no changes other than sonic tonal shifts...those types of microphones shouldn't be considered a system (according to our usage) because the resulting changes don't affect measurable behavior but oh so much... Replacing our transformer will result in a huge measurable difference and only to detriment...

So it's really a matter of degree of component interactivity determining large scale measurable performance....many components in many other microphones can be changed with little or slight detriment and very little measurable changes...possibly to even sonic increases! With ours, even some of the most basic changes people take for granted will result in everything will be thrown so far out of spec and sound that it can end in even malfunction (in the worst case).

2) The aforementioned circumstances presented a way to give it a pretty cool name!

while we realize that it is not the system a'la Korby in as far as having separate interchangeable components designed to work with one another, it is a system in the opposite end of the spectrum (please note that some change the tube in the Korby in the context of my first point).
...I should point out that the same goes for our power supply etc...

I sincerely hope this answers your questions in the most accurate way and wasn't too geeky or wordy.
Old 31st October 2011 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Hey people,

I thought I'd chime in and share my experience with the Pegasus mic...

Last month, Ronin Applied Sciences sent me the Pegasus for a third-party analysis. (I invested significant resources earlier this year in upgrading my lab's tools, which now include, among other things, a nice digital scope and an Audio Precision analyzer.) The idea was to test and measure the specifications of the head amplifier, and compare them to other microphones of the same calibre. For this test, the comparisons were made against a Wagner U47, which was generously loaned to me by Joel at Ecstatic Electric specifically for this purpose.

(By the way, I'd like to mention that the Wagner U47 is an amazingly beautiful sounding microphone!!)

I deliberately didn't listen to either of the mics until I was finished with the tests and measurements, just to maintain my objectivity. The results of the measurements were verifiably amazing!! Most of the specs are listed in the above posts so I don't need to repeat them here, but it should suffice to say that the head amplifier in the Pegasus measures extraordinarily well.

For starters, the amp has incredible headroom, which was a stark contrast to the U47. The U47 reached 1% distortion somewhere around -30 dBu, while the Pegasus could pass an incredible 0 dBu without reaching 1%. This is the input of the head amp, and the head amp produces 12 dB of gain, so putting out strong line-level signals cleanly is no problem with this mic. This pretty much guarantees that the mic will not add any significant harmonic artifacts to the signal coming from the capsule under almost any circumstances. Pretty impressive.

There were many hours spent on the other tests which led to the specs published, and all of the results were impressive on their own and compared to the U47.

I also opened up the power supply and had a look around, and I was happy to discover some of the same design choices I made in my M63 preamplifier's power supply! (They have good taste!!) Specifically, they use the 6X4 indirectly heated rectifier tube, which is the 6 volt equivalent to the 12X4 rectifier tube, which is what I use in the M63. There are many benefits to using this type of tube rectifier; the switching noise it produces is extremely low compared to solid-state diode bridge rectifiers, and the slow warm-up time creates a slow, ramped B+ supply when you first turn the unit on. This means the tube inside the mic has a chance to warm up before being hit by the high-voltage supply, which is very gentle treatment of the tube and will directly result in extended tube life. Also, the filter section of the B+ supply avoids electrolytic capacitors entirely, using polypropylene capacitors instead. There is a very real sonic benefit to using polypropylene caps instead of electrolytic caps in the filter section of a tube's B+ supply, but few manufacturers are willing to shell out $40+ per polypropylene capacitor when you can get a decent electrolytic for $4. The M63 uses a polypropylene cap as the first filter, and I'll swear by it's advantages any day.

Of course, I opened up the mic and poked around in there too. This is a no-compromise approach, for sure! All the parts were fantastic quality, with very tight tolerances and superior composition and construction. The wiring was all point-to-point, and beautifully laid-out. And of course, the capsule was a work of art! (I instantly became a big fan of Tony Merrill and Steven Paul Audio!)

Once the measurements were complete, graphs were plotted, etc., I set up both mics to see how they sounded. My tests were fairly crude and admittedly I only had about an hour left before the FedEx guy was scheduled to arrive and take these beautiful mics away, but I managed to cram in a bunch of experiments.

For all the tests, I set up both mics side by side in cardioid mode, about six inches away from each other. Both mics were fed into one of my M63 preamplifiers, then into an Apogee convertor, and from there into Logic. I recorded fingerpicking-style acoustic guitar, then strummy acoustic guitar. I played quietly at first, then jammed about as hard as I could on the strings. I also banged on the piano for a couple of minutes, and even played some drums -- first quietly with brushes, then loudly with sticks. (Yes, I have all these instruments set-up permanently in my lab.)

As I said, the Wagner U47 is a beautiful sounding microphone!! I listened to it first, and immediately thought, "This is going to be hard to beat!" However, I can honestly say I was somewhat shocked to hear the difference when I switched to the Pegasus.

Immediately, the sound became more detailed, clearer, and present. Subtle scratches and harmonics from my fingers plucking the strings on the guitar added incredible realism to the sound, and the interaction between the strings and the guitar's body was present and audible in a way I'm only used to hearing while actually playing. The cymbals and drums sounded amazingly realistic and detailed. Switching back to the U47 consistently sounded as if the sound source was moved about two feet further away. (This, despite painstaking attention to gain and level settings for both mics.) The Pegasus is just an amazingly present, detailed, and very real sounding microphone, but it isn't caused by any special frequency response or distortion behavior; it's just RESOLUTION. I have no idea whether it is the capsule design, the head amplifier, the power supply, or the sum total of all these things that are responsible for the fidelity that the Pegasus provides. The engineer in me is deeply curious and intrigued about that, but the musician in me couldn't care less -- I just badly want one for myself!!

Kudos to the guys at Ronin Applied Sciences for pushing the envelope with this design!
Old 1st November 2011
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Daaaaaaaaaaaamn! This is one of the Sexiest Mic I've seen around!! Ayayayayi caramba!!

I got a feeling this gonna hurt the "Portefeuille" just a bit Chick & Chick, slide the Ccard baby
Old 3rd November 2011 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
...Thank you all!

We are humbled and honored. We simply want to create microphones to offer a truly different sonic palette, of uncompromising construction and original design...to offer higher resolving capabilities without losing subtle, beautiful colorations.

@Electronaut...A response like this is more than we could hope for and we shall continuously strive to raise the bar. We are speechless...thank you.
Old 4th November 2011 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronaut ➑️
Hey people,

I thought I'd chime in and share my experience with the Pegasus mic...

Last month, Ronin Applied Sciences sent me the Pegasus for a third-party analysis. (I invested significant resources earlier this year in upgrading my lab's tools, which now include, among other things, a nice digital scope and an Audio Precision analyzer.) The idea was to test and measure the specifications of the head amplifier, and compare them to other microphones of the same calibre. For this test, the comparisons were made against a Wagner U47, which was generously loaned to me by Joel at Ecstatic Electric specifically for this purpose.

(By the way, I'd like to mention that the Wagner U47 is an amazingly beautiful sounding microphone!!)

I deliberately didn't listen to either of the mics until I was finished with the tests and measurements, just to maintain my objectivity. The results of the measurements were verifiably amazing!! Most of the specs are listed in the above posts so I don't need to repeat them here, but it should suffice to say that the head amplifier in the Pegasus measures extraordinarily well.

For starters, the amp has incredible headroom, which was a stark contrast to the U47. The U47 reached 1% distortion somewhere around -30 dBu, while the Pegasus could pass an incredible 0 dBu without reaching 1%. This is the input of the head amp, and the head amp produces 12 dB of gain, so putting out strong line-level signals cleanly is no problem with this mic. This pretty much guarantees that the mic will not add any significant harmonic artifacts to the signal coming from the capsule under almost any circumstances. Pretty impressive.

There were many hours spent on the other tests which led to the specs published, and all of the results were impressive on their own and compared to the U47.

I also opened up the power supply and had a look around, and I was happy to discover some of the same design choices I made in my M63 preamplifier's power supply! (They have good taste!!) Specifically, they use the 6X4 indirectly heated rectifier tube, which is the 6 volt equivalent to the 12X4 rectifier tube, which is what I use in the M63. There are many benefits to using this type of tube rectifier; the switching noise it produces is extremely low compared to solid-state diode bridge rectifiers, and the slow warm-up time creates a slow, ramped B+ supply when you first turn the unit on. This means the tube inside the mic has a chance to warm up before being hit by the high-voltage supply, which is very gentle treatment of the tube and will directly result in extended tube life. Also, the filter section of the B+ supply avoids electrolytic capacitors entirely, using polypropylene capacitors instead. There is a very real sonic benefit to using polypropylene caps instead of electrolytic caps in the filter section of a tube's B+ supply, but few manufacturers are willing to shell out $40+ per polypropylene capacitor when you can get a decent electrolytic for $4. The M63 uses a polypropylene cap as the first filter, and I'll swear by it's advantages any day.

Of course, I opened up the mic and poked around in there too. This is a no-compromise approach, for sure! All the parts were fantastic quality, with very tight tolerances and superior composition and construction. The wiring was all point-to-point, and beautifully laid-out. And of course, the capsule was a work of art! (I instantly became a big fan of Tony Merrill and Steven Paul Audio!)

Once the measurements were complete, graphs were plotted, etc., I set up both mics to see how they sounded. My tests were fairly crude and admittedly I only had about an hour left before the FedEx guy was scheduled to arrive and take these beautiful mics away, but I managed to cram in a bunch of experiments.

For all the tests, I set up both mics side by side in cardioid mode, about six inches away from each other. Both mics were fed into one of my M63 preamplifiers, then into an Apogee convertor, and from there into Logic. I recorded fingerpicking-style acoustic guitar, then strummy acoustic guitar. I played quietly at first, then jammed about as hard as I could on the strings. I also banged on the piano for a couple of minutes, and even played some drums -- first quietly with brushes, then loudly with sticks. (Yes, I have all these instruments set-up permanently in my lab.)

As I said, the Wagner U47 is a beautiful sounding microphone!! I listened to it first, and immediately thought, "This is going to be hard to beat!" However, I can honestly say I was somewhat shocked to hear the difference when I switched to the Pegasus.

Immediately, the sound became more detailed, clearer, and present. Subtle scratches and harmonics from my fingers plucking the strings on the guitar added incredible realism to the sound, and the interaction between the strings and the guitar's body was present and audible in a way I'm only used to hearing while actually playing. The cymbals and drums sounded amazingly realistic and detailed. Switching back to the U47 consistently sounded as if the sound source was moved about two feet further away. (This, despite painstaking attention to gain and level settings for both mics.) The Pegasus is just an amazingly present, detailed, and very real sounding microphone, but it isn't caused by any special frequency response or distortion behavior; it's just RESOLUTION. I have no idea whether it is the capsule design, the head amplifier, the power supply, or the sum total of all these things that are responsible for the fidelity that the Pegasus provides. The engineer in me is deeply curious and intrigued about that, but the musician in me couldn't care less -- I just badly want one for myself!!

Kudos to the guys at Ronin Applied Sciences for pushing the envelope with this design!
ThatΒ΄s some serious testing you did there! Thanks for posting that. Interesting to read about other aspects of the mic than just the usual "sounds like a fat (insert brand here) with more midrange modjo" kind of review frequently posted here.

The mic seems very nice. The box and power supply look beautiful too!
Old 25th November 2011
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Hi all,
@R.A.S, does the PSU take european voltages ?

Looks beautiful... can't wait to hear audio shootouts with Wagner, Wunder, Bock, ...

Thanks.

Last edited by coffeecup77; 6th December 2011 at 01:40 AM.. Reason: mispelling
Old 25th November 2011
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecup77 ➑️
Hi all,
@R.A.S, does the PSU take european voltages ?

Looks beatiful... can't wait to hear audio shootouts with Wagner, Wunder, Bock, ...

Thanks.
+1 for that question
Old 25th November 2011
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Wow, such attention to detail! One can't help but be inspired by your passion and enthusiasm! I'm looking forward to listening to the shootouts!

Old 25th November 2011
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ok, I was getting excited……… until I read this on your sight:

β€œAll systems utilize parts that cannot be provided ad-infinitum and therefore are all of limited edition. Only 100 systems of each can & shall be made, with no chance of more.”

So if down the road, should I encounter some problem that may require some replacement parts for my microphone what would happen? Would I be SOL? One of the exciting things about buying a new design as apposed to something vintage or using NOS parts is (for me at least) is the assumption that there would be plenty of parts and some long-term support. I not trying to be negative, just wondering what the future might hold. Thanks.

Bill.

Old 25th November 2011
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Greetings all...

Yes we do provide European voltages.

We keep a stock of parts to ensure continued operation/service....One of the primary causes of it's limited production is tube availability. However we keep microphone grade tubes in stock for each client who purchases one of our microphones (replacement if necessary, is free of charge of course). This applies to all other parts of difficult source....custom output capacitors and plate inductor etc...So while at first the matter of long term service might seem an issue, we have addressed all aspects of it to ensure full performance and replacement parts for quite some time. Rest assured that upon acquisition any of our products that parts and service are as dutifully handled as our design....regardless of the products limited availability. Service, in all fashions (warranty, qc, repair etc), is another highly pertinent aspect of acquiring high end products and we find it to be one of the foundations of creating a company that one can trust.

Thank you for noticing our commitment. All your comments are truly appreciated.
Old 26th November 2011
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks for the answer, it’s good to know that you are stocking parts. Again I'm looking forward to hearing your microphone it looks like something that will end up being a must have for me.

Old 23rd June 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
are there any review on Youtube about this mic? cannot find anything...

Can i buy this mic is i am not living in USA?!
πŸ“ Reply