The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fractal Audio Axe-FX II
Old 5th July 2011 | Show parent
  #661
Lives for gear
 
Yuri Kogan's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
This is a joke, right?
You want to say that this thing perfectly emulates diffrent characteristics and responces of diffreent mic, pre's and mic/pre combinations too? Not to say the distance from the source, the inciden angle...? Wow, I must have missed some hidden treasures in that thing.
I am willing to put any SINGLE amp in our collection with 3 mics and pres of my choice against this plugin and we will see which setup is more versatile, organic...or whatever, and which gives you more tonal variety.
Just because someone says thisemulates mic position , this is not a substiute for real amp micing



Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltones ➡️
Except for the "move the amp in the room", all your other points are available with the Axe-Fx. For cabs, Redwirez will do easily what your 3 mics combination and pull the mics further away does.

As for plugging a different guitar into the amp to change the sound, you're saying you can't do that with the Axe-Fx?

Then listen to the following clip. It's called OnePatchElevenGuitars. I used exactly the same patch on my Ultra with the guitars I have and played the same little riff with the same picking dynamic.

SoundClick artist: Deltones - Because melody matters

And as for your comment about the Axe-Fx being sterile, are you going to tell me that this sounds organic and like a real amp should?

Old 5th July 2011 | Show parent
  #662
Lives for gear
 
Deltones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri Kogan ➡️
Just because someone says thisemulates mic position , this is not a substiute for real amp micing
You might want to check what Redwirez does before saying anything else. They are not simulation of cabs, they are the impulse responses of physical cabs, mic'ed with physical mics, in physical spaces.

Here, check it out: http://www.redwirez.com

And no offense, GS is a fun forum, but I stopped trusting the ears of 95% of people here following the 29$ Art Tube MP VS Great River MP-2NV and the 5$ mic pre VS Gap73 fiasco.
Old 5th July 2011 | Show parent
  #663
Lives for gear
 
Yuri Kogan's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Not many art pres here. Lots of goodies



Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltones ➡️
You might want to check what Redwirez does before saying anything else. They are not simulation of cabs, they are the impulse responses of physical cabs, mic'ed with physical mics, in physical spaces.

Here, check it out: Red Wire Impulse Responses | High quality guitar speaker cabinet IRs for use with convolution plugins

And no offense, GS is a fun forum, but I stopped trusting the ears of 95% of people here following the 29$ Art Tube MP VS Great River MP-2NV and the 5$ mic pre VS Gap73 fiasco.
Attached Thumbnails
Fractal Audio Axe-FX II-pic10.jpg   Fractal Audio Axe-FX II-pic7.jpg   Fractal Audio Axe-FX II-pic4.jpg   Fractal Audio Axe-FX II-pic1.jpg   Fractal Audio Axe-FX II-pic8.jpg  

Fractal Audio Axe-FX II-pic9.jpg   Fractal Audio Axe-FX II-_h2a1153.jpg   Fractal Audio Axe-FX II-_h2a1164.jpg   Fractal Audio Axe-FX II-_h2a1166.jpg  
Old 5th July 2011 | Show parent
  #664
Lives for gear
 
Deltones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri Kogan ➡️
Not many art pres here. Lots of goodies
Your monitoring situation is a little sparse. You might want to add a couple more nearfields on the console bridge. heh

Gorgeous place.
Old 5th July 2011 | Show parent
  #665
Gear Nut
 
YuriK's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltones ➡️
Your monitoring situation is a little sparse. You might want to add a couple more nearfields on the console bridge. heh

Gorgeous place.
Thanks
Old 5th July 2011 | Show parent
  #666
Lives for gear
 
relaxo's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearNerd ➡️
Hmm... either you are the unluckiest son of a b in the world with amps or mayyyyybe you might just be over exaggerating... quite a lot actually.
Another day, another amp horror story wasting my time. Got a brand new Fender 65 Reissue Deluxe from Guitar Center this weekend. The thing sounds gorgeous...a really organic molten sound...that is, if you could hear it. The thing has at least four different distinct and huge rattles in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri Kogan ➡️
This is a joke, right?
I thought. I still sat along playing it for two hours in the dead room because it was so cool. Unfortunately cool does not equal studio recordable.

As a rock studio owner, amps are 5% of the studio's equipment, yet they used to take up over 1/3 of my troubleshooting repair time. This is nothing new. As a kid playing Nugent's Stranglehold, my tube amp started puffing out smoke like The Towering Inferno...totally bitchin' but jam over. Tube amp and cabinet trouble are literally endless. Yes, a lifetime of troubleshooting, buying tubes, replacing speakers and taking expensive amps to the trashcans area. I have dealt with literally a hundred of major and minor tube amp and speaker problems. There's another way...a virtually problem free way.

I don't know what Yuri's staffing, money and luck statuses are. But as a busy studio owner, I certainly know mine. Four years ago, I made a new rule for myself=no old tube gear allowed, only broken once with the purchase of the must have heavenly Gates STA Level. When I buy tube amps and guitar speakers, they must be newish. I augment those with my Axe FXs, which can fool (satisfy) 99.5% of the public, the one who matter most when recording albums. When writing, I only reach for the Axe FX now because I can get the sound that is in my head tracked and done within in minutes. When recording my finals, my ears actually usually prefer the pure, artifact-free sound of Axe FX through lots of tube and iron outboard over what's lost of the real tube molten magic after mic'ing.

Do what you want with you're life, I've decided I'm done splitting hairs in mine. For me, I've decided the time spent mic'ing and the massive time spent keeping old tube amps running well can be more efficiently applied on the music itself in the forms of elbow grease and creative time.
Old 5th July 2011 | Show parent
  #667
Lives for gear
 
relaxo's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri Kogan ➡️
You want to say that this thing perfectly emulates diffrent characteristics and responces of diffreent mic, pre's and mic/pre combinations too? Not to say the distance from the source, the inciden angle...?
It does not perfectly emulate amps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri Kogan ➡️
I am willing to put any SINGLE amp in our collection with 3 mics and pres of my choice against this plugin and we will see which setup is more versatile, organic...or whatever, and which gives you more tonal variety.
Care to employ the Gearslutz 48-hour rescind policy? Who would we use as escrow? Can we do $100,000 USD wager, loser pays for flights? That is a preposterous statement, can you afford to lose? The are many tones the Axe FX cannot get yet like types of Daniel Lanois-esque organicism, but one single tube amp cannot beat even a plug-in amp sim in versatility.
Old 5th July 2011 | Show parent
  #668
Gear Maniac
 
Earthling's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxo ➡️
Another day, another amp horror story wasting my time. Got a brand new Fender 65 Reissue Deluxe from Guitar Center this weekend. The thing sounds gorgeous...a really organic molten sound...that is, if you could hear it. The thing has at least four distinct and huge different rattles in it.
I thought. I still sat along playing it for two hours in the dead room because it was so cool. Unfortunately cool does not equal studio recordable.

As a rock studio owner, amps are 5% of the studio's equipment, yet they used to take up over 1/3 of my troubleshooting repair time. This is nothing new. As a kid playing Nugent's Stranglehold, I opened up the boxes of smoke built into my tube amp...jam over. Yes, a lifetime of troubleshooting, buying tubes, replacing speakers and taking expensive amps to the trashcans area. I have dealt with literally a hundred of major and minor tube amp and speaker problems. There's another way...a virtually problem free way.

I don't know what Yuri's staffing, money and luck statuses are. But as a busy studio owner, I certainly know mine. Four years ago, I made a new rule for myself=no old tube gear allowed, only broken once with the purchase of the must have heavenly Gates STA Level. When I buy tube amps and guitar speakers, they must be newish. I augment those with my Axe FXs, which can fool (satisfy) 99.5% of the public, the one who matter most when recording albums. When writing, I only reach for the Axe FX now because I can get the sound that is in my head tracked and done within in minutes. When recording my finals, my ears actually usually prefer the pure, artifact-free sound of Axe FX through lots of tube and iron outboard over what's lost of the real tube molten magic after mic'ing. Do what you want with you're life, I've decided I'm done splitting hairs in mine.
Man. You certainly make a strong case for this unit. I'm an old pro....my claim to fame was I toured with Bob James (He wrote the TV themes Hill Street Blues and Mash etc etc) and Kirk Whalem back in the day. I'm only beating my drum a bit to establish myself as not being a hack.

Now I play as a hobby and am way into home recording. I'm NEVER happy with my recorded tone. I've spent a fortune over the years searching for the illusive guitar TONE(s). I'm apprehensive at best.

Would you be willing to post some audio examples? The proof is in the pudding?

Peace.
Old 5th July 2011 | Show parent
  #669
Lives for gear
 
relaxo's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling ➡️
Would you be willing to post some audio examples? .
I would love too, but I don't really enjoy getting ripped to shreds by legions of perfectionists. I am not a session player, but a writer with innumerable micro-mistakes in my performances. Let's put it this way. When most people walk into a dilapidated rat-cr*p infested 3500 sq ft house in the middle of demolition, they say this is the most horrendous space they've ever seen. Only a few will be able see the beautiful space that will soon be there. When most people hear clips they can't seem to separate the tone from the playing. It's a bizarre debility, but it's very real and prevalent.

Also, tone is in the ear of the beholder. The way I have Axe programmed is for ME and sounds way bigger than life and with a weird buzzing electricity. Only a few seem to like that tone. Examples of my playing? No thanks. Do the free 14 day Axe FX demo and make your own puddings...see for yourself. Maybe that new Scuffham plug in is the one to download for free, especially if you like cleans. Eleven is bordering on 'playable' if you have Pro Tools. TH2 is sometimes bearable for full featured effects and fair tone. You can try most of these for free while waiting for Axe FX II. Also, you can buy an $800 Axe FX Standard used and sell it for the same.

Thanks for the kind words though.
Old 5th July 2011 | Show parent
  #670
Lives for gear
 
Deltones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling ➡️
Now I play as a hobby and am way into home recording. I'm NEVER happy with my recorded tone. I've spent a fortune over the years searching for the illusive guitar TONE(s). I'm apprehensive at best.

Would you be willing to post some audio examples? The proof is in the pudding?
Posted one page ago, but here, check this post I made:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/6737041-post410.html

But if you want something a little bit more complete with a band, check the video from this guy. He used a modified patch of mine on his Axe-Fx, but he is a much, much better guitar player.



Or check his very clean sound on this clip. It sounds gorgeous.

Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #671
Lives for gear
 
Rotaholic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Check out all the amazing sounds the axe fx can do, enjoy

Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #672
Gear Guru
 
elambo's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I enjoyed that because of his playing but not because of the sounds themselves. "Little Wing" by Hendrix was particularly bad I thought. Some others were merely decent. A few were nice, though much of the credit goes to the player.

As I've said from Day 1, it's the effects that make it interesting, not the raw tones. Some of those sections broke up terribly, very much UNlike a tube amp.

Still hoping for a similar demo of the FX-II.
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #673
Gear Guru
 
elambo's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling ➡️
Now I play as a hobby and am way into home recording. I'm NEVER happy with my recorded tone. I've spent a fortune over the years searching for the illusive guitar TONE(s).
If you're a tone junkie, as you claim, you'll want to seek amps. Tone purists will have issues with this box.

What have you spent your fortune on thus far? What are you using that's not making you happy?
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #674
Lives for gear
 
Rotaholic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo ➡️
I enjoyed that because of his playing but not because of the sounds themselves. "Little Wing" by Hendrix was particularly bad I thought. Some others were merely decent. A few were nice, though much of the credit goes to the player.

As I've said from Day 1, it's the effects that make it interesting, not the raw tones. Some of those sections broke up terribly, very much UNlike a tube amp.

Still hoping for a similar demo of the FX-II.

To be fair, that video is 2 years old and im guessing the firmware was alot older and they have come along way with firmware. I have never seen or heard one in real life and I will buy an axe fx ii just to make sure im not missing out. I have some great tube amps but this box apeals to me simply because its simple. Even if it just ends up getting used for tracking I think it will be are very important piece of gear to me, being able to dial in a sound thats close will save alot time, also being able to reamp is a huge bonus and I can allways re record or reamp with my tube amps when I can be bothered dragging them out, letting them warm up properly set up mics and dial in tone etc.

If its 90% there I will be happy.

And hey if it is crap I doubt I will lose any money, these things are in demand thats for sure.
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #675
Lives for gear
 
relaxo's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri Kogan ➡️
Not many art pres here. Lots of goodies
Yuri, you need to post your gorgeous studio here:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-mu...too-small.html
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #676
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxo ➡️
Another day, another amp horror story wasting my time. Got a brand new Fender 65 Reissue Deluxe from Guitar Center this weekend. The thing sounds gorgeous...a really organic molten sound...that is, if you could hear it. The thing has at least four different distinct and huge rattles in it.
I thought. I still sat along playing it for two hours in the dead room because it was so cool. Unfortunately cool does not equal studio recordable.

As a rock studio owner, amps are 5% of the studio's equipment, yet they used to take up over 1/3 of my troubleshooting repair time. This is nothing new. As a kid playing Nugent's Stranglehold, my tube amp started puffing out smoke like The Towering Inferno...totally bitchin' but jam over. Tube amp and cabinet trouble are literally endless. Yes, a lifetime of troubleshooting, buying tubes, replacing speakers and taking expensive amps to the trashcans area. I have dealt with literally a hundred of major and minor tube amp and speaker problems. There's another way...a virtually problem free way.

I don't know what Yuri's staffing, money and luck statuses are. But as a busy studio owner, I certainly know mine. Four years ago, I made a new rule for myself=no old tube gear allowed, only broken once with the purchase of the must have heavenly Gates STA Level. When I buy tube amps and guitar speakers, they must be newish. I augment those with my Axe FXs, which can fool (satisfy) 99.5% of the public, the one who matter most when recording albums. When writing, I only reach for the Axe FX now because I can get the sound that is in my head tracked and done within in minutes. When recording my finals, my ears actually usually prefer the pure, artifact-free sound of Axe FX through lots of tube and iron outboard over what's lost of the real tube molten magic after mic'ing.

Do what you want with you're life, I've decided I'm done splitting hairs in mine. For me, I've decided the time spent mic'ing and the massive time spent keeping old tube amps running well can be more efficiently applied on the music itself in the forms of elbow grease and creative time.
Jesus! You never stop do you?

Don´t buy ****ty amps! Buy good amps! There´s a solution for you. 95% of the amps are ****ty anyways.

And don´t just give us excuses after excuses not wanting to reveal your Axe-Fx recordings that sounds SOOOOOO much better than real amps. I bet the only reason you don´t want to show them is because they suck!
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #677
Lives for gear
 
Deltones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo ➡️
If you're a tone junkie, as you claim, you'll want to seek amps. Tone purists will have issues with this box.

What have you spent your fortune on thus far? What are you using that's not making you happy?
elambo, the guy just said that he's way into home recording. There is no way a real amp is practical for that, if you want the best of your amp that is. I still have my amps, but they don't see any play at home. Recording a BF Dual Showman, if you want the best of it, is the perfect recipe for multiple visits from the cops, not to mention the bat signal needed for every single thief in the neighbourhood.

The cop factor combined with the compromises you have to do for recording a real amp as a home recording enthusiast is always something that the "Axe-Fx blows, Plugin sucks, real amps rule" advocates seem to forget.
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #678
Lives for gear
 
Deltones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearNerd ➡️
Jesus! You never stop do you?

Don´t buy ****ty amps! Buy good amps! There´s a solution for you. 95% of the amps are ****ty anyways.

And don´t just give us excuses after excuses not wanting to reveal your Axe-Fx recordings that sounds SOOOOOO much better than real amps. I bet the only reason you don´t want to show them is because they suck!
Ok, you and relaxo really have a nice relationship going, but let's reverse the roles here. Please do post some raw guitar tracks, not processed in any way, of your amps. Doesn't matter if you're a good player or not, I'm not interested in your virtuosity. But I'm certainly interested by what you do achieve sonically with your recordings. And then I'll compare with my own clips, already posted on this thread.
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #679
Lives for gear
 
javahut's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltones ➡️
Recording a BF Dual Showman, if you want the best of it, is the perfect recipe for multiple visits from the cops...

...the compromises you have to do for recording a real amp as a home recording enthusiast is always something that the "Axe-Fx blows, Plugin sucks, real amps rule" advocates seem to forget.
There are plenty of small boutique tube amps out there that sound great played at low volumes... low enough for recording great tones at home. A BF Dual Showman is not one of 'em.
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #680
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltones ➡️
Ok, you and relaxo really have a nice relationship going, but let's reverse the roles here. Please do post some raw guitar tracks, not processed in any way, of your amps. Doesn't matter if you're a good player or not, I'm not interested in your virtuosity. But I'm certainly interested by what you do achieve sonically with your recordings. And then I'll compare with my own clips, already posted on this thread.
You can´t reverse the roles, ´cause I haven´t made claims that I was personally making great sounds. In fact I haven´t personally gotten great sounds out of real amps yet, work in progress. Like I said earlier it´s very very difficult even with real amps (impossible with modelling amps still to this day, until someone proves me wrong, so let´s hope for a better future).

I just mentioned earlier few examples of great artists/albums with a great high gain real amp sound. relaxo haven´t been able to show us even one frikkin album with a great Axe-FX sound, or any Axe-FX clip with a great sound as a matter of a fact. Just fantasy world claims, Axe-FX propaganda and excuses after excuses...
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #681
Lives for gear
 
Deltones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearNerd ➡️
In fact I haven´t personally gotten great sounds out of real amps yet, work in progress
An honest admission, and that's something I respect. Hat tip on this one.

Relaxo may not have posted any clips, but I did. Now, make another honest admission: Forget my guitar playing, but if you imagined these sounds in a complete band arrangement, could you really, and I mean really tell that they did not come from a real amp?

In fact, the "Top Dog" clip I posted above does just that, it's part of a complete song.
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #682
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltones ➡️
An honest admission, and that's something I respect. Hat tip on this one.

Relaxo may not have posted any clips, but I did. Now, make another honest admission: Forget my guitar playing, but if you imagined these sounds in a complete band arrangement, could you really, and I mean really tell that they did not come from a real amp?

In fact, the "Top Dog" clip I posted above does just that, it's part of a complete song.
The "Top Dog" clip sounds crap to me. You can dial those kinda sounds with any amp or any amp modeller easily! With that kind of sound the guitar is probably the more important factor. The high gain sounds are the most difficult sounds to dial and tweak!

To answer your question: Probably not everytime, but usually I can tell the difference. Depending on the sound. Easier to know with high gain sounds, ´cause like I told you, modellers have much more hard time to copy those.

But the question isn´t about that. Almost always those comparisons are between two sounds that are both total crap. The question is, which can offer those elite top level sounds, real amps or modellers? And so far to this day it´s still the real amps. And like I said I hope that will change someday, ´cause I don´t like real amps (except for the sound). I wish nothing more than to get those top level sounds out of amp modellers, but that won´t probably happen in my lifetime. :(
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #683
Gear Maniac
 
Earthling's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltones ➡️
Posted one page ago, but here, check this post I made:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/6737041-post410.html

But if you want something a little bit more complete with a band, check the video from this guy. He used a modified patch of mine on his Axe-Fx, but he is a much, much better guitar player.



Or check his very clean sound on this clip. It sounds gorgeous.

Really enjoyed that-thanks for sharing-very nice guitar playing-smart-the whole band sounds good.
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #684
Gear Maniac
 
Earthling's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Thanks for the reply.

With all due respect no one is going to win this argument-real amps vs digital modeling or whatever-because there's nothing to win?

Shall we debate that blue is prettier than green?

In fact this is about digital vs analogue isn't it? And this argument has been argued to death and I'm not getting involved because it's fruitless.

There will always be compromises as technology rears it's fast paced head.

When the car was first invented equestrians were appalled. The old rotary dial phones were solid as a rock and had much beter audio quality, but isn't it nice to cary an iphone anywhere with all it's power at your fingertips (the future of music-yikes!)? Hopfully you get my point-there are elements of conviniece to consider.

In my case I spent a lifetime performing through real amps (I used musicman-not all tube-very clean! -open back in stereo). I fell into the funk/jazz/soul scene. Heavy overdrivin guitar just doesn't do it for me-again-just a matter of taste-subjective.

Having said all that great tone ALWAYS starts at the source!!! And so if one is not a skilled player one will not get a good tone-and even this is subjective-White Strips comes to mind-very loose-raw-and cool. Case in point -if I hand you a 250k stratovarious and ask you to make awesome music-well? Most of us have to spend years practicing technic -and that technic is focusing on TONE.

I bought Ableton Live about 6 years ago-love it. I compose my own music (I use a midi pick up to trigger the vsts etc) and love to experiment with these new incredible technologies that are availble to us all. I quite like some of the downtempo, dubstep, EDM, nujazz, acid jazz etc...what I find interesting is that I can pull off high quality music at home-just for fun? Oh yeah. Don't forget about the fun part. What I'm trying to say is that for these more 'electronic' styles of music one can find some interesting guitar tones from a direct source?

Having said that- if I were performing live and had to cary the band with my AX-I may revert to a real amp and such-I've been out of it for a while so I dont know. That's why this post caught my attention?
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #685
Gear Guru
 
elambo's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltones ➡️
elambo, the guy just said that he's way into home recording. There is no way a real amp is practical for that, if you want the best of your amp that is.
He also said that he has invested a "fortune" looking for the perfect tone. That sounds like amps to me. I keep a home studio and there are 4 amps in there. However, I rarely mic them, instead they run to a Palmer cab sim (also a heat soak), which is FAR and away better than any software or Axe thingies. So it's real amps running 100% at bedroom levels. Keeps the cops away.
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #686
Gear Maniac
 
Earthling's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo ➡️
He also said that he has invested a "fortune" looking for the perfect tone. That sounds like amps to me. I keep a home studio and there are 4 amps in there. However, I rarely mic them, instead they run to a Palmer cab sim (also a heat soak), which is FAR and away better than any software or Axe thingies. So it's real amps running 100% at bedroom levels. Keeps the cops away.
Hey elambo.

I like your avatar.

i have bought custom boogies, different fender amps from bassman to twins...****ed with different speaker configurations...jbl eletrovoice celestions...cabinents...open back..closed back....Bruce Egnator lives close by and he used to repair with my amps...I had 1965 and 1969 stratocasters...and many different guitars...always went back to fender strats with cingle coild picups...oh yeah semor duncan ..emg's...dimarzio's....then back to the noisy original fender pickups....I even ****ed with my saddles and nut using different materials...string types ....string gages...Stevy Ray Vauhn uses 13s for his hi E and tunes down a whole step....MXR distortion boxes ...electro harmonics...hey jimmie use one?,,the rat-my fave...compressors rack and mxr...choruses...flangers....cables....stands for my amps...different angles...toward the end of my career I was using a vintage 60s fender champ miked and pumped through the monitors in stereo....that was very cool as long as the band didn't get too loud...especially the huge bass sounds-I played funk? that would drown out my guitar frequencies...I still have the fender champ and am interested in miking that?????/

..and so you see..I'm very tired of it all-been there done that...now I want to play in the sandbox and just have fun with all this cool stuff that's available....and I really don't want to argue about it......

Last edited by Earthling; 6th July 2011 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #687
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling ➡️
Thanks for the reply.

With all due respect no one is going to win this argument-real amps vs digital modeling or whatever-because there's nothing to win?

Shall we debate that blue is prettier than green?
With all due respect you are wrong, it´s not always subjective. This debate is not about colors, but more like which one is prettier "insert young hot beautiful woman here (real amp)" or "insert old ugly woman here (Axe-Fx)"?

But if that is also subjective to you guys and the beauty is in the eye of the beholder or what ever... then fine I guess. But I will say this then that you guys are blind. And in this debate you are deaf or you are just justifying your amp modeller purchases and your amp modeller mixes or you can´t hear the suckiness of your mixes just like some of the singers in American Idol first episodes can´t hear in their head how much they suck.

Again, please show your amp modeller mixes or show me an great sounding album recorded with Axe-Fx, ´cause I haven´t heard one yet. Still waiting, where are they?
Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #688
Lives for gear
 
JustinAiken's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearNerd ➡️
"insert young hot beautiful woman here (real amp)" or "insert old ugly woman here (Axe-Fx)"?

Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #689
Gear Maniac
 
Earthling's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearNerd ➡️
With all due respect you are wrong, it´s not always subjective. This debate is not about colors, but more like which one is prettier "insert young hot beautiful woman here (real amp)" or "insert old ugly woman here (Axe-Fx)"?

But if that is also subjective to you guys and the beauty is in the eye of the beholder or what ever... then fine I guess. But I will say this then that you guys are blind. And in this debate you are deaf or you are just justifying your amp modeller purchases and your amp modeller mixes or you can´t hear the suckiness of your mixes just like some of the singers in American Idol first episodes can´t hear in their head how much they suck.

Again, please show your amp modeller mixes or show me an great sounding album recorded with Axe-Fx, ´cause I haven´t heard one yet. Still waiting, where are they?
Yikes! Did you even read what I posted? Obviously not? I'm trying to have a civil discussion and you are hell bent on winning something or other?

Are you really telling me that art is not subjective? Dude! You need to get a life.

Do you think there are not people/cultures on this planet that prefer older woman to younger ones? Do you really not see how ridiculous you are being?

I don't mean to insult you. I'm sure you're a very nice young man.

If you like 'real' guitar amps more power to you. I'm very happy for you.

But please don't shove your adolescent nonsense down my throat.

Thank you for the amusement though.

I tell you what. Let me do you a big favor.

Watch this video VERY closely and perhaps you'll understand?

Old 6th July 2011 | Show parent
  #690
Lives for gear
 
jeremy.c.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling ➡️
If you like 'real' guitar amps more power to you. I'm very happy for you.

But please don't shove your adolescent nonsense down my throat.
I recommend that people start using the Report Post button on this thread, there are more people on here who aren't Axe-FX users slagging off the product than there are people who use it/are interested in it.

I was really hoping Axe-FX II users might be able to chime in and give their experiences with it, but this has turned into a hate-dumpfest for tube amp lovers. It doesn't help that Relaxo can't stop his fingers from flaming them all back either.

This is a great example of what GS has become in the last year, useless for real information. *unless you consider uniformed opinions as useful info*
Closed

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 55 views: 29743
Avatar for IM WHO YOU THINK
IM WHO YOU THINK 13th October 2020
replies: 3008 views: 269692
Avatar for feck
feck 9th February 2014
replies: 1296 views: 176782
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
replies: 153 views: 28790
Avatar for Angus V
Angus V 21st January 2020
Topic:

Forum Jump
Forum Jump