The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Samplitude/Sequoia 12 - 64bit native and.....
Old 12th July 2011 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznet ➡️
As things stand VCA's will be a Sequoia only feature.

Regards
Kraznet
Sequoia is a program geared for mastering mainly , why would one need VCA in mastering process ?- it would be logical to have it as "Samplitude only" feature instead
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznet ➡️
As things stand VCA's will be a Sequoia only feature.

Regards
Kraznet
Thank you Kraznet for the infos Although sucks that only Sequoia will have that feature. It looks to me that most Magix users are samplitude rather then Sequoia (besides High end Mastering engineer Studio etc..). find the choice not to include VCA in Samp is a bad step from Magix.

Does Magix planning to have a sort of "Cross-grade" option for those lets say owners of other DAW that desire to Switch/crossgrade?
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankT34 ➡️
Sequoia is a program geared for mastering mainly , why would one need VCA in mastering process ?- it would be logical to have it as "Samplitude only" feature instead
Yes this argument was brought up on the Samplitude forums as well.

I guess they have to justify the extra cost of Sequoia by adding Sequoia only features.

Regards
Kraznet
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar ➡️
Thank you Kraznet for the infos Although sucks that only Sequoia will have that feature. It looks to me that most Magix users are samplitude rather then Sequoia (besides High end Mastering engineer Studio etc..). find the choice not to include VCA in Samp is a bad step from Magix.

Does Magix planning to have a sort of "Cross-grade" option for those lets say owners of other DAW that desire to Switch/crossgrade?
I wouldn't know about that maybe Tim Dolbear will be able to answer that question soon.

Regards
Kraznet
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuberizer ➡️
YES!

V12 will be on sale July 25 2011, infos about price etc are about to come in a few days.

Where did you get this picture?
Old 13th July 2011 | Show parent
Old 13th July 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
My understanding is that there will be some sort of crossgrade program. Also, that pricing is being redone for this version.

Also, Sequoia is not just used by Mastering engineers. A common misconception, but far from the truth.

--Ben
Old 15th July 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
July 25th is only a few days away. Will it be released in Germany first then USA? Any timeline on the US release?
Old 15th July 2011
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The German version is coming out first, then the others like in some of the previous releases. Probably in a couple months, we should see it in the states.
Old 16th July 2011 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I can't give you much info, but I am getting emails about versions and names... Here is the basics:

-Sequoia 12 will be released along side of Samplitude July 25th (Germany) and Sept 1st (rest of the world)

-Samplitude Version 12 will have a new name and come in 2 flavors: Samplitude ProX and Samplitude ProX Suites
(The PROX name comes from our Video proX and Xara lines, we are not try'n to copy anyone's name...)

Samplitude ProX = Samplitude Pro 12
Samplitude ProX Suites = ProX with additional addons. (No details till the release)

-The Samplitude Classic or Standard version line is disappearing. Nothing is replacing it, upgrades will be to ProX.
-Samplitude ProX is out flagship and will have a highly competitive price.
-Samplitude will be available either Dongle or serial number. Meaning you can also buy ProX as a download.
-IF you want to buy the Cleaning and restoration suite Add on for ProX or ProX Suites, You will need a Codemeter for that so purchase the Codemeter version upfront or add one later for $99...
-If you buy a full Samplitude 11 Pro lic between now and the release of ProX, you will be upgraded to version ProX for free, falling under our grace period.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDolbear ➡️
I can't give you much info, but I am getting emails about versions and names... Here is the basics:

-Sequoia 12 will be released along side of Samplitude July 25th (Germany) and Sept 1st (rest of the world)
-If you buy a full Samplitude 11 Pro lic between now and the release of ProX, you will be upgraded to version ProX for free, falling under our grace period.
I have a question to this:

I still use Samplitude 10 Pro - If I want to upgrade to Samplitude 12 ProX - will it be wise, economically speaking, to purchase the upgrade to 11 now [while the grace period is active] or is it better wait till version 12 ProX is out..?
I'm asking because you said that the ProX has a highly competitive price!?

::
Mads
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I think you would would spend more buying the v11 and then the Prox version. We lowered the pricing and I think the 1 upgrade will be the best bet.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
I think you would would spend more buying the v11 and then the Prox version. We lowered the pricing and I think the 1 upgrade will be the best bet.
I may have misunderstood what you were writing above then - to clarify: does the grace period only apply for the a full product purchase and not for an update..?

Mads
Old 17th July 2011 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Grace period is ONLY for Full new license purchases. Upgrades do not qualify.
Old 17th July 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Grace period is ONLY for Full new license purchases. Upgrades do not qualify.
Ok thanks I'll wait then!
Old 19th July 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
What is happening..???

I understand from KVR that the "upgrade" prices has been released. If what I'm reading is correct, they are not at all competitive.

One can "upgrade" to ProX from Samplitude pro 11 for 199 euro. The thing is that by doing so, if I understand correctly, you're actually loosing some of the features in Samplitude [eg. the AM suite]. If you want the full upgrade it's a whopping 359 euro.

So Tim - now that you advertised highly competitive prices, given the information above is correct, what did you mean by competitive?

For new users only??

Again if the info above and KVR thread is correct, this is not a way to treat loyal customers!

Read more here:
KVR: Magix have completely lost the plot.

Mads
Old 19th July 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
For new users the prices are actually very competitive but the upgrade prices are...well...more than expected

I notice they haven't mentioned most of the good stuff the new version will bring but it sucks that tools that were used regularly are too expensive now just to keep.
Old 20th July 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker ➡️
For new users the prices are actually very competitive but the upgrade prices are...well...more than expected

I notice they haven't mentioned most of the good stuff the new version will bring but it sucks that tools that were used regularly are too expensive now just to keep.
Agreed..!

Let's see if the new stuff is interesting, it has to be!

I have to say it's the first time I've heard of upgrades, that actually removes certain features, if the info on KVR is correct. It's such a bad idea for the relationship between a program developer and the customers.

I don't know - maybe it's time to look in other directions for an alternative DAW

Reaper has a much, much better price policy. I have recently used it for remote recording, because I wanted an alternative to Samp not using a dongle, and that can even be used cross-platform. I recorded on my MBP and import directly into my PC desktop - no conversion, it just works..!

Mads
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Guess what, Magix turned out to be the only (big) company (that I know) which actually listens to their customers!

Problems solved, everybodys happy now!!!
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Yes kudos to Magix, they have have had a re-think .They will supply a patch within the Q3 time period which will retain functionality of the AM Suite and Vandal . This means you can upgrade to Samplitude Pro X for $199 or €179 .

Regards
Kraznet
Old 21st July 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
That was better - where can we read the news..?

Mads
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung ➡️
That was better - where can we read the news..?

Mads
You can find it on the Samplitude user forum here :

http://support2.magix.net/boards/sam...howtopic=26277

If you're not subscribed to the forum here is the post :

Official Announcement of Samplitude Pro X and Samplitude Pro X Suite – Upgrade Pricing
MAGIX is thoughtful reading the comments regarding upgrade pricing of the new versions. We appreciate all your comments and are glad our users are so actively involved providing feedback. Actually, we wanted to post all relevant information at the day of release. Nevertheless, we feel the urge for clarification today. To begin with: Users of a current Samplitude Pro version will not miss out any features when upgrading to Samplitude Pro X.

We are proud to announce the release of Samplitude Pro X and Samplitude Pro X Suite. Our developers did a great job improving the product while listening carefully to your requests. The German version will be released on July, 25th. Worldwide release will be on September, 1st.

Why upgrade to the new versions
The new versions come with impressive new features:

• New essentialFX Suite: great effect algorithms combined with simple handling and a new appealing design – ideal for your daily studio tasks
  • Improved interface docking: customize the user interface the way you need it to be – simply using drag and drop
  • Independence Sampler: full version of the top-notch Independence Sampler Workstation, including a comprehensive sample library (Pro X: 12GB / Pro X Suite: 70GB)
  • Spectral editing at track level: fast and easy spectral audio editing
  • Next-generation visualization for better audio analyzing
  • AAF/OMF support: the option of AAF/OMF support is already included
  • New Tempo Track for convenient tempo changes
  • 64-bit support: run Samplitude in 64-bit mode and take advantage of increased RAM processing capabilities

• More: Samplitude Pro X also comes with the following features which were formerly included in Samplitude 11 Pro only:
  • 5.1 Surround mixing
  • Revolver tracks
  • 999 tracks
  • MMC support
  • Real-time Room Simulation
  • Full version of Elastic Audio

As you can see, Samplitude Pro X is way stronger than the previous "classic“ version of Samplitude. In fact, we eliminated all minor differences between the two versions and shaped the product profile by offering high-value extras in Samplitude Pro X Suite. The result: you can explain the differences between the two versions in just one sentence:
Samplitude Pro X Suite = Samplitude Pro X + Analogue Modelling Suite Plus* + Full Version of Vandal + a 70GB premium sample library for Independence.
(*Analogue Modelling Suite Plus is the current Analogue Modelling Suite including also am|munition).

Both versions now provide the same "built-in" host feature set including:
5.1 Surround mixing, Revolver tracks, 999 tracks, MMC support, Realtime Room Simulation, Full version of Elastic Audio, AAF/OMF support.

Upgrade options
Besides simplifying our product portfolio, we also simplified our upgrade options. With the new upgrade model it is up to you whether you want to upgrade to Samplitude Pro X or go for the high-value bundle Samplitude Pro X Suite. Again, users of Samplitude Pro will not miss out any features when upgarding to Samplitude Pro X.

Coming from previous "classic“ or "master“ versions

• an upgrade to Samplitude Pro X is a major upgrade that has never been more beneficial.
  • an upgrade to Samplitude Pro X Suite is a good choice if you need the Suite-exclusive features (Analogue Modelling Suite Plus + Full Version of Vandal + a 70GB premium sample library for Independence)

Coming from previous "Pro“ versions

• an upgrade to Samplitude Pro X is just perfect if you want to keep your Samplitude version up to date and if you do not need the larger Independence sample library (70GB instead of 12GB). Please note: you will not miss out on features since the Analogue Modelling Suite (including am|munition) as well as the full version of Vandal will be supplied to you no later than Q3 (patch).
  • an upgrade to Samplitude Pro X Suite is a good choice if you need the larger Independence sample library (70GB instead of 12GB). On top of that, staying with Samplitude Pro X Suite means lowering the upgrade price for Suite-exclusive high-value bundles in the future.

Note: Dongle and computer-based activation are supported (dongle support coming no later than Q3 within a software patch).

All the best,
your Samplitude Product Management Team
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Thanks Kraznet

Mads
Old 22nd July 2011 | Show parent
Gear Guru

7 Reviews written
🎧 20 years
Old 6th August 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
What a mess...

Sad for sure.

G
Old 14th August 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectacular g ➡️
What a mess...

Sad for sure.

G
Why exactly? It's never been this simple to go the next version. Upgrade to the new ProX for $199 and get all the features you had before plus a LOT more.....OR, upgrade to ProX Suites for $359 and get the additional 70 gig library for their new sampler.
Old 6th September 2011

🎧 10 years
Is this out in america yet?
Old 6th September 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlifemusic ➡️
Is this out in america yet?
Not yet. It's scheduled for release in the U.S. on September 27th.
Old 7th September 2011

🎧 10 years
Thank you !
Old 17th September 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle ➡️

Also, Sequoia is not just used by Mastering engineers. A common misconception, but far from the truth.

--Ben
I dropped Pro Tools for Sequoia and love it for various reasons.
📝 Reply