🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➡️
No sorry, they can’t
OK got it. Thank you
Old 14th July 2018
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Are there any Nucleus owners out there who are using it successfully as a controller with Digital Performer?

I asked SSL and MOTU if either had a Profile for it, but no luck.

Works great for me with Logic Pro X, but not so great with DP.

Last edited by spiritguitar; 19th July 2018 at 07:44 PM..
Old 8th August 2018
Here for the gear

Hello,
I purchased a second hand Nucleus but still wondering how to make it work.
I am running Logic on a Mac Pro and Mac book pro running on OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite.
When I launch NucleusRemote I get the message that no java 1.5+ is not available. I installed the very last java version though.
I can't find anywhere Java SE 5 legacy archive. Can't find any similar problem on the forums.
Help would be very appreciated!
Thank you
JC
Old 8th August 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdeep ➡️
Hello,
I purchased a second hand Nucleus but still wondering how to make it work.
I am running Logic on a Mac Pro and Mac book pro running on OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite.
When I launch NucleusRemote I get the message that no java 1.5+ is not available. I installed the very last java version though.
I can't find anywhere Java SE 5 legacy archive. Can't find any similar problem on the forums.
Help would be very appreciated!
Thank you
JC
Contact SSL support- they are pretty good.
Old 8th August 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritguitar ➡️
Are there any Nucleus owners out there who are using it successfully as a controller with Digital Performer?

I asked SSL and MOTU if either had a Profile for it, but no luck.

Works great for me with Logic Pro X, but not so great with DP.
You will need to alter a MCU/Logic profile to suit.
Old 17th August 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave ➡️
You will need to alter a MCU/Logic profile to suit.
Thanks Octatonic for your reply. Since Nucleus 'just works' with Logic I decided to migrate most of my projects over from DP. The path of least resistance.
Old 11th December 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hello Jim,
I purchased a used Nucleus not long ago and I really like it. I just have one question. As far as plug-in control goes does it work across the board for all features of all plug-ins? I've been seeing that some of the features in Logic's stock plug-ins as well as some of the Waves plug-ins aren't assigned to the pots/faders. Is this a configuration thing or am I missing something? Please let me know and thanks.
Old 13th December 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
@ Jim : can you please confirm a Nucleus v1 with the latest firmware Will work with OS Mojave.
Whitout usb audio interface support ofcourse.
Thanks a million
Old 4th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Very happy with my Nucleus V1.
Works perfectly with OS Mojave via usb-c ethernet adapter. No audio interface funtionality, but I do use the preamps and headphone monitoring. Nice stuff

So I confirm it works with the V2 drivers, Latest IPmidi and correct Mac OS midiport settings at the audio/midi utility enabling the ipmidi Ports.

I got my v1 modded with the V2 black sidepanels and other fadercaps ordered from SSL directly.
Attached Thumbnails
SSL Nucleus - official info released-35f0af73-3c58-4e60-a130-5f88dfadf8ae.jpg   SSL Nucleus - official info released-4a0c9e08-af8c-44f2-8cac-95d02a9c94a1.jpg   SSL Nucleus - official info released-10be4225-466b-4ac6-b153-c367a5e04330.jpg  
Old 23rd May 2019
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Hi,

Im a new user of Nucleus v1 with Cubase 9.5 and SSL Sigma. Its working perfectly for me.

I only have a doubt, is there any Cubase 9.5 profile for the Nucleus?

Maybe if there is a totally compatible profile, if you select a track with the mouse, automatically the banks move to that position in the Nucleus. Is that possible?
Old 3rd February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hi People, I have Nucleus Mk1 and cant seem to make it work on my Hackintosh.
On windows 10 (same comp) it is working fine, but on HAckintosh Mojave osx nope. I cant seem to find it my Nucleus Remote app.. any suggestions? I connected it directly in my comp.

Also, i need one fader to replace... I tried trough SSL official page and it is a drag, i cant order just fader cause it is 36, and limit is 38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOzjlbagqLI
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The built in convertors won’t work on Mojave. The last OS the MkI worked with is Snow Leopard, I believe. As far as the Remote app, you’ll need to update it to the latest version.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I dont need audio card, just daw controler. But i cant conect it. I tried everything. Nuc is conected directly to computer. And i disconected wifi. Which version of remote app should i download, v1 or v2?
Old 3rd February 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
The ssl web is very bad. Support for older devices dont exist. The informations are very confusing.
Attached Thumbnails
SSL Nucleus - official info released-ff3c808b-781f-4bfc-aedd-03c456dd9345.jpg  
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Only way it connected when i connect nucleus to my internet router and my comp is connected with wifi of the same router. Is that weird?!? But when i connect nuc directly in my comp it wont connect, with wifi turned on and off, same thing.
I dont get this. I cant believe how they complicated it so much
Old 5th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex viler ➡️
Only way it connected when i connect nucleus to my internet router and my comp is connected with wifi of the same router. Is that weird?!? But when i connect nuc directly in my comp it wont connect, with wifi turned on and off, same thing.
I dont get this. I cant believe how they complicated it so much
If you only need daw control check their new controller
Old 5th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Are you nuts? 🤷‍♂️🤡
I want this one to work, it’s payed lots of money. Their support is a subject to it self. Anybody have some suggestion?
Old 8th February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Are you nuts? ‍♂️
I want this one to work, it’s payed lots of money. Their support is a subject to it self. Anybody have some suggestion?
I bought a preconfigured Netgear router from SSL for around 300 euros when I had the Nucleas a few years ago. I now have avid artist mixers on the same router.

Sold the SSL due to the bad metering in logic, crappy profile system with the smartmedia card and overall BS like you stated in a previous post with bad software support.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I don't get this. I cant believe how they complicated it so much
You need a network https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable

for peer2peer
You also need to make sure they have the same ip range, either being
192.168.x.xx when both connected to a DHCP server (i.e. router)
or local adress 169.168.x.xxx when connect peer <> peer (without DHCP server)

It's not complicated, but you need to invest a bit in basic networking knowledge.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I know some basics and i manege to conect it two years ago but it was on different computer.
Can you give me some more detail about this pls?

Last edited by tex viler; 8th February 2021 at 02:36 PM..
Old 11th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Finally NUC is online again.
A guy from ssl Zendesk manage to help me and now i got it working, wifi and nucleus both online..

One more thing i need, i cant remove usb sound card drivers (Mojave OS)
I wanted to try install it
Searched everywhere, cant fint it..
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I really want to get it working. Could you please post the steps needed?
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I dont need audio card, just daw controler. But i cant conect it. I tried everything. Nuc is conected directly to computer. And i disconected wifi. Which version of remote app should i download, v1 or v2?

Quote:
Are you nuts? 🤷‍♂️🤡
You said you don't need an audio card but a daw controller .... no need to stress , i was pointing a possible option for you /.....
Old 14th March 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

SSL Nucleus and Luna MCU

For [email protected]

I'm currently using my Nuc2 on Big Sur with Logic without issue. I am working more and more with the UAD series of products and especially their LUNA DAW. With Luna MCU capability coming this year I am hoping we will be able to get a configuration that works with Luna.

Does SSL plan to support Nucleus users with Luna when the MCU feature is released this year? I understand the product is now discontinued but was hoping that a configuration of the Nucleus for Luna would still be in the works.

Thanks
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdj999 ➡️
For [email protected]

I'm currently using my Nuc2 on Big Sur with Logic without issue. I am working more and more with the UAD series of products and especially their LUNA DAW. With Luna MCU capability coming this year I am hoping we will be able to get a configuration that works with Luna.

Does SSL plan to support Nucleus users with Luna when the MCU feature is released this year? I understand the product is now discontinued but was hoping that a configuration of the Nucleus for Luna would still be in the works.

Thanks
Hope so 2. Should be a minor implementation!
Most of it will work anyway probably by default.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantmidi ➡️
Hope so 2. Should be a minor implementation!
Most of it will work anyway probably by default.
No reason why this would not work. It will depend on how UAD chooses to implement the Mackie Control Protocol. They are trying to position Luna as the PT killer - and it could be, and this would be a feather in their cap. Not sure this is so much about SSL as about how closely UAD maps to the original "Logic Control". Will be interesting. Nucleus has been an absolute workhorse for me, expect to get many more miles out of mine.

Cdlt
Here for the gear

Completely agree Melgueil.

Its such a great surface for what I need but if I need to go with something else I'd love to know early.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdj999 ➡️
Completely agree Melgueil.

Its such a great surface for what I need but if I need to go with something else I'd love to know early.
As it we're I am running a Nucleus + (1) of the new UF8 to give me 24 faders. I've heard that Drew at UAD has picked up one of the new UF8's so that sounds encouraging. One might assume if the SSL UF8 works, the Nucleus as well. We'll see.

Cdlt
Solid State Logic

🎧 10 years
As they’re a licensing partner of ours you’d imagine that we’re talking to UA about this...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Jim,

If anything the "SSL Nucleus remote" app needs ONE (just ONE) update
- Remove the hardcoded IP Midi ports 1-6 and replace them with Daw 1- Daw 2- Daw 3 drop down boxes to select Midi I/O

I'm having great results with RTPMidi drivers http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html which can be very cheaply licensed (as in really cheap) and are free for non commercial use for end-users.

My iConnectivity MioXL work via RTP as well and even de Sigma works flawless via RTP.

But since the Nucleus app is hardcoded with IPmidi, it's not talking with the Sigma if rtpmidi is used

The 2nd thing that I've been asking for but which never got solved, was to make the Sigma Control App use the Windows enumeration for midi ports, just like any other correctly programmed app. For some IDIOT reason the Sigma control app sorts midi ports alphabetically. This means if one device is not turned on, or removed, the app shuffles the ports and the app needs to be reconfigured and the Sigma rebooted. That's SLOPPY programming and imho not what you expect from a 4k euro device.

If these 2 things can be resolved, then I'm future proof and 100% satisfied.
They should not take much bandwidth, but they need a commercial charter in order to assign resources. Please?
📝 Reply