The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
"Linnstrument"?
Old 30th May 2010

🎧 10 years
"Linnstrument"?

Didn't see anything about this through the search...anybody seen this video or heard anything?

Old 30th May 2010
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
that stuff is starting to get pretty neat indeed !
Old 31st May 2010 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Gimmie!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yummie!

🎧 15 years
What happened to the boomchick?
Old 2nd June 2010 | Show parent
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The idea is great but I'd rather have a regular cromatic keyboard (even with small keys and with the octaves on top of each other).

🎧 15 years
Wow... now THIS is cool.

AdrenaLinn Sync
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Really cool.

Pricey, though.

🎧 15 years
Just don't hold your breath on this.
It will take time (if it ever will be released as a commercial product).

🎧 15 years
this was discussed at length (ad nauseam) in the electronic forum.

if you read his website you'll see he says that it's just a research project because the company that made the touch surface for it was bought by amazon to make the kindle and then shut down for anything but kindles.. so the technology is no longer available. he goes into detail on his site..

so, don't expect to ever see this as a commercial project.

edit:

here's the existing thread

https://gearspace.com/board/electron...prototype.html

Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Then find another company. That kind of touchscreen technology isn't difficult or proprietary. I've seen it implemented in many different products. I even know people making things very similar from scratch in their basements.

I can't imagine an inventor like Roger Linn would let that kind of hurdle prevent that product from hitting the market if there's enough demand for it.
Old 3rd June 2010 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo ➑️
Then find another company. That kind of touchscreen technology isn't difficult or proprietary. I've seen it implemented in many different products. I even know people making things very similar from scratch in their basements.

I can't imagine an inventor like Roger Linn would let that kind of hurdle prevent that product from hitting the market if there's enough demand for it.
here.. read for yourself - but i'll highlight a key part

"A key expense is in developing a multi-touch, pressure-sensitive, high-resolution, fast-response, low cost touch surface technology."

http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/products/linnstrument/index.html

"Alas, until someone else comes up with a similar touch technology or Amazon decides to make the TouchCo technology available, development of our product will be limited to refining our Max/MSP patch. One promising new technology we've evaluated is a touchscreen from Stantum (same company as JazzMutant, makers of the Lemur) that senses surface area of your fingers, which is not a bad alternative to sensing pressure because your finger surface area increases as you increase pressure. However, I found that their current resolution wasn't high enough for what I'm trying to do, plus true pressure sensing is better for musical control."

πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…