The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Slate FG-x this week?
Old 9th June 2010 | Show parent
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

🎧 10 years
Scott, try reinitializing the page a few times, something old is logged in your cache..

I would try not using Safari as its often weird with php forms

Animus, I think we'll keep it live and iron things out.. there are a few individuals having issues here but keep in mind there have already been 240 downloads so there is indeed some success thus far.

But we're keeping it to this little GS thread for now before we make an official announcment.

And please, if you are having SUCCESS, post that too. Its human nature to only remark if something is going wrong.

And please make sure:

- you have the latest ilok drivers
- you are not using safari
- you are on an intel mac
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Hi, I downloaded the demo and received an email with an ilok authorization code for it, but haven't entered yet.

I have 2 questions:

1. If we download the demo license to our ilok and end up buying the full version of the plugin, will it overwrite the demo license? I know ilok.com says that plugin manufacturers have the ability to do this. It would be nice to not have to waste a license spot on our iloks with an expired demo... Will you guys have it set so that the retail version of the plugin will replace the expired demo?

2. If that's not possible, can we use challenge/response authorization instead of ilok for the demo? Right now I'm staring at a challenge/response authorization window for FG-X... so, apparently it's possible to authorize this way, but I don't know what to do with the challenge code in order to receive the response code.

I'm going to hold off on redeeming the ilok code until I know the answers for those.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus ➑️
I am sure these gents won't mind if you take another week.
Troublemaker. Are you trying to start a riot? LOL
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Got a Trigger demo here. And also I was never given a download link for the installer. I typed my name and email and selected fgx and submitted, then it kicked me out to the blank form again but I got the ilok code email.

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Burgess ➑️
Hi, I downloaded the demo and received an email with an ilok authorization code for it, but haven't entered yet.

I have 2 questions:

1. If we download the demo license to our ilok and end up buying the full version of the plugin, will it overwrite the demo license? I know ilok.com says that plugin manufacturers have the ability to do this. It would be nice to not have to waste a license spot on our iloks with an expired demo... Will you guys have it set so that the retail version of the plugin will replace the expired demo?

2. If that's not possible, can we use challenge/response authorization instead of ilok for the demo? Right now I'm staring at a challenge/response authorization window for FG-X... so, apparently it's possible to authorize this way, but I don't know what to do with the challenge code in order to receive the response code.

I'm going to hold off on redeeming the ilok code until I know the answers for those.
Hi Josh, the demo and retail versions are different plugins (one has limited features) and they are separate ilok codes. I'll look in to the removal of the demo version for you (and anyone else who is interested). We do not offer challenge response for the FG-X.
Old 10th June 2010 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus ➑️
Got a Trigger demo here. And also I was never given a download link for the installer. I typed my name and email and selected fgx and submitted, then it kicked me out to the blank form again but I got the ilok code email.
Its all about the browser refresh of the demo page.. We had a few people report this and after some refreshing they got the FG-X demo code.. it ends in 2037-30...

We're working on the other issues.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I can't get past the login page either. I was one of the ones who downloaded when you went live early. Could this be a related bug?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
biiiig booom buissiness...

🎧 10 years
it appears that there is a bug that if you have accessed the demo page too many times, it doesn't allow you to go to the demo download. Working on it.thumbsup

OK from IT: They say close your browser, and re open and try again!
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
So I go here:

Steven Slate Drums

I enter my information, select fgx and hit the login button. Then nothing happens. I receive a confirmation email from slatedigital with a link for the ilok authorization, but where is the actual demo software and how do you download it? I've now done this a couple of times. Edit: OK, I see you're dealing with this. I'll wait til it's sorted out.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampwax ➑️
I can't get past the login page either. I was one of the ones who downloaded when you went live early. Could this be a related bug?
If you already have it downloaded, you don't need to go past that screen. It will still send you the email. It did the same thing for me... didn't move on to the download page, but since I already had it downloaded I just checked my email, and I got the fg-x code there.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Up and running and exited !

G
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Burgess ➑️
If you already have it downloaded, you don't need to go past that screen. It will still send you the email. It did the same thing for me... didn't move on to the download page, but since I already had it downloaded I just checked my email, and I got the fg-x code there.
Cool, went back to my emails like you said, and it showed up in the junk email folder. Went to ilok account, and there it is. Took a few refresh's in the ilok account before it showed up, but now we're up and running. Thanks a bunch everyone.
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Trying to download demo, but when I enter name/email address, the boxes go empty and there is no download.
I checked my email and it has sent me through a link for the ilok code, but thats it?

Im using safari on 10.4.11 osx
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press ➑️
it appears that there is a bug that if you have accessed the demo page too many times, it doesn't allow you to go to the demo download. Working on it.thumbsup

OK from IT: They say close your browser, and re open and try again!
I only tried once and didn't get to the demo dowload page. I hadn't even been to the Slate site in months.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hi Josh, the demo and retail versions are different plugins (one has limited features) and they are separate ilok codes. I'll look in to the removal of the demo version for you (and anyone else who is interested). We do not offer challenge response for the FG-X.
Cool, please do if possible. It would be nice to not have to have dead licenses sitting around on the ilok. I'm guessing a lot of manufacturers don't bother to have their retail license remove the demo license, but I know that they can. I'm pretty sure waves licenses do this.

🎧 10 years
the login issue has been identified, and is being fixed.

In the meantime, try a different browswer if you have one, and try refreshing.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
For people who can't get to the download page right now, these are the direct links they give:

For Mac:

http://www.drumclassroom.net/demos/f..._Setup_Mac.zip

For Windows:

http://www.drumclassroom.net/demos/f..._Setup_Win.zip

There was a 3rd file that included both in one zip, but I don't remember the filename for it.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Trigger demo

Sorry if I'm overlooking something, but on my ilok account FX-G shows up as a trigger demo
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeppa, thanks for the direct links,
I also had the login issue
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Did all the following

Something is wrong it just does not show up on the license list no how no way.
Sent over a support ticket.

Quote:
Marchare:
-make sure you have latest ilok driver
-make sure you physically see the plugin in your pt plugins folder
-make sure you see the license on your ilok dongle
-make sure you restart
-make sure you rescan your plugin folder via pt
-the plugin is called Slate Digital FG-X and may appear in "other"

if all the above aren't doing it, send a ticket over and we'll figure it out

🎧 10 years
the 3rd file is the manual and is very important! feel free to link to it while we finalize the login issue.

BTW, the login issue only has to do with some people not getting to the download, you still need to login to get your ilok code.

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindsett muzik ➑️
Sorry if I'm overlooking something, but on my ilok account FX-G shows up as a trigger demo
i've just tried again twice and it gave me the fg-x license, try a different browser and make sure you select FG-X under the demo selection.
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
still cant redeem

Is anyone still having trouble redeeming the license code like I am?

I still get the message "Nothing to display" after clicking "Get Licenses". I tried clicking the link in the email and entering it manually and nothing seems to work.

Perhaps I should try again in a few weeks once the dust has settled.

🎧 10 years
Hi rock mixer, this might be a pace issue, can you also email them? Also, another user tried to click on the link again (maybe in a different browser?) and got it to work. Do you have the most updated ilok drivers? Have you tried restarting the machine?

Things might be a lil hairy for 24 hours but we're on call to get the boat running smooth. Trigger had some rocky waters but in one day was running perfectly, so I'm confident this will all get sorted out. The login issue has already been solved and is being addressed.

Please post successes (with system specs), we're up to 300 downloads so someone out there must be doing ok because I don't see 300 posts of problems.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
the 3rd file is the manual and is very important! feel free to link to it while we finalize the login issue.

BTW, the login issue only has to do with some people not getting to the download, you still need to login to get your ilok code.
I'd link to it, but I can't get back to the page. I tried going back to it in internet explorer, and it won't go to the download page now. I didn't download the 3rd file at first... i didn't know it was the manual. I'm not sure what the file name was.
Old 10th June 2010
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Slate FG-x this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press
And please make sure:

- you are on an intel mac
Will this be universal like trigger or intel only? That hasn't been mentioned that I've seen..
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Please post successes (with system specs), we're up to 300 downloads so someone out there must be doing ok because I don't see 300 posts of problems.
I think everyone with success is to busy playing with there new toy LOL.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Having the same problem here

Yup
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmixer ➑️
Is anyone still having trouble redeeming the license code like I am?

I still get the message "Nothing to display" after clicking "Get Licenses". I tried clicking the link in the email and entering it manually and nothing seems to work.

Perhaps I should try again in a few weeks once the dust has settled.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Trigger Demo

I received the correct installer for the FX-G, its just on my ilok account it says the code is for trigger. I just don't want to put any extra things on my Ilok I don't need. Fx-G is installed already, just need correct code
Closed