New Master-Tape-Recorder-Recording Service
Old 24th October 2005
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
New Master-Tape-Recorder-Recording Service

New service

Master-Tape-Recorder-Recording-Service
The beautiful, fast and straightforward sound refinement

You are looking for that unique sound, distinctive, assertive and alive?
Then you will love the sound of our professional ½ inch 2-track Studer master machine.

Simpley available via FTP-upload or mail / UPS / courier service

http://www.truetrackrec.de/MasterbandEU.htm
Old 24th October 2005
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
That's a cool idea. I've thought that it would be cool to have a network for sharing outboard; send a file and have it processed by a compressor, limiter, etc.

Yeah, it'd be hard to get the settings right in a totally different system/setting, but it's just an idea.
Old 28th October 2005 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
DT

I listened to the sound examples on your site. How come the tape ones sound brighter?--and are you going into tape compression when you ran those files through?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
gotta love the low end on a Studer!

fair prices too! could have 33 four-minute songs processed before the fees hit the same price as a Portico. and never have to fuss with the machine yourself at all. and not having to fuss with a tape machine is worth the price of admission alone.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute
DT

I listened to the sound examples on your site. How come the tape ones sound brighter?--and are you going into tape compression when you ran those files through?
To me, coming off analog always sounds brighter. Most of my experiences have been with ATR-102's though.

Bobby Peru
Milwaukee, WI
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Very interesting idea... Think I'll try it soon to see how it is.

Still curious as to 'how' they are recording it... what level, saturation, etc.....
Also would be nice to read some of the technical specs in regards to the 'greatly modified' and 'brought to the new standards'... That would be helpful....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
That's a cool idea. I've thought that it would be cool to have a network for sharing outboard; send a file and have it processed by a compressor, limiter, etc.

Yeah, it'd be hard to get the settings right in a totally different system/setting, but it's just an idea.
I like it.

Shane
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I don't wanna be ignorant, but in the Rock samples the added hi end makes the hihat really annoying. I prefered the nontape versions. If I want brightness, it easier to dial the amount you want with a good EQ no?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetener
I don't wanna be ignorant, but in the Rock samples the added hi end makes the hihat really annoying. I prefered the nontape versions. If I want brightness, it easier to dial the amount you want with a good EQ no?

This is what Im not getting. Here you have a digital recording going through analog tape and coming out brighter. Now a little brighter--a lot
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
So what would 70min of audio cost in Canadian currency?
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Tape mastering service

Hello,

The 'passive' gain of high frequencies and Harmonic Overtone is adjustable.

Mostly (about 90%) material comes in which lacks brightness and needs refreshment, some shining air.
In case the file which is transferred to tape has too many high frequencies it is no problem to reduce them or to leave at the orignal level.

Basically I am aiming to bring more life and natural cohesion to the sound by rerecording to tape.
This gives me the advantages of a tape master without its usual drawbacks like limited bass response and the lack of transparency.

This tape machine offers frequency response which is beyond 28kHz, is ultra transparent, got strong mids and a beautiful bass.

All example files have been recorded with the same settingsand with levels close to 0dB, but normally the settings are adjusted in order to achieve the best results.

If required the highs can be lowered, yet for mastering more highs can sometimes be better because in case you want to reduce the highs you automatically have 2to3dB less noise.

About the price: a production of 70min will of course cost less than just one track.

Best regards

Dirk T. Jambor
Old 29th October 2005 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Hello,

The 'passive' gain of high frequencies and Harmonic Overtone is adjustable.

Mostly (about 90%) material comes in which lacks brightness and needs refreshment, some shining air.
In case the file which is transferred to tape has too many high frequencies it is no problem to reduce them or to leave at the orignal level.

Basically I am aiming to bring more life and natural cohesion to the sound by rerecording to tape.
This gives me the advantages of a tape master without its usual drawbacks like limited bass response and the lack of transparency.

This tape machine offers frequency response which is beyond 28kHz, is ultra transparent, got strong mids and a beautiful bass.

All example files have been recorded with the same settingsand with levels close to 0dB, but normally the settings are adjusted in order to achieve the best results.

If required the highs can be lowered, yet for mastering more highs can sometimes be better because in case you want to reduce the highs you automatically have 2to3dB less noise.

About the price: a production of 70min will of course cost less than just one track.

Best regards

Dirk T. Jambor
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Hallo Kohle,

Schicke mir doch mal ein Rohfile, nicht gemastert, kein mp3, von deinem Schlagzeugset und ich jage es mal durch die Tape Maschine.

Dann nimmst du dein original Mix und den Bandmix und machst dein 'übliches' Mastering.
Auf CD wirst du spätestens hören warum die Tape Version schöner ist.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I understand now Dirk..Thanks for the explanation
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Fairman
Hallo Kohle,

Schicke mir doch mal ein Rohfile, nicht gemastert, kein mp3, von deinem Schlagzeugset und ich jage es mal durch die Tape Maschine.

Dann nimmst du dein original Mix und den Bandmix und machst dein 'übliches' Mastering.
Auf CD wirst du spätestens hören warum die Tape Version schöner ist.
Hi Dirk!
Vielen Dank fürs Angebot!

If you can tune the amount of hf boost, isn't it necessary for the client to be there like in a normal mastering session to say and hear what he wants?

By the way, I forgot to say that this Recording service is a brilliant idea! Perhaps Dirk can translate the word "Marktlücke".
📝 Reply