Quantcast
SPL Vitalizer MK2-t plugin!! - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SPL Vitalizer MK2-t plugin!!
Old 27th November 2009 | Show parent
  #61
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
well, al spl plugs use iLok, so no surprises here...

I will never say dongles are good, but let's say that using them with great plugs like those from spl, soundtoys, etc makes the whole experience less painful :-)
Old 27th November 2009 | Show parent
  #62
Lives for gear
 
fragletrollet's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I dont really understand the massive dongle hatred on these forums...


Ive just got to get one to test all these new plugs! :P
Old 27th November 2009 | Show parent
  #63
Gear Nut
 
spl_support's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Question from SPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llitsor ➡️
Your early feedback suggests it's very similar to the real deal
However...

The SPL guys can't be serious.. I need an iLok key widget thing.. FOR A DEMO!?
I've been looking forward to this since it was announced.. So this is a let down & a half to put it mildly. Not cool, guys...
Come on... complaining about the ilok is "sooo 2007"...
Dirk.
Old 27th November 2009 | Show parent
  #64
Gear Nut
 
spl_support's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
from SPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBM ➡️
Great news! But only a 14 day's demo for the beta testers?!
Strange! Dtuttvid
We'll let anybody who tries the beta "re-demo" the release version (as we always do), so joining the early tests gives you double trial time.
This is a public beta so we can't give unlimited demos out. :-)
Plus, using our framework we know we don't expect big bugs.
It's a chance to test the plugin early....
Dirk.
Old 27th November 2009 | Show parent
  #65
Lives for gear
 
daez's Avatar
This looks great. reminds me I was planning on getting the twintube and transient designer plugs. liked those alot too.....
Old 27th November 2009 | Show parent
  #66
Gear Guru
Been testing the Beta version for native, so far so good. It sounds great, removes the harshness in vocals, I like it.
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #67
Lives for gear
 
Silver Sonya's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Is there a price yet? Want to know how much to set aside.

- c
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #68
Lives for gear
 
b0ssa's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya ➡️
Is there a price yet? Want to know how much to set aside.

- c
Prices were mentioned a couple of pages back: https://gearspace.com/board/4787679-post21.html
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #69
Lives for gear
 
Silver Sonya's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
@bossa Thanks!

I seem to have accidentally deleted the license from my iLok account while trying to download it onto my iLok.

The new iLok website IS TERRIBLE. Who designed that thing? Ugh. That person needs to be fired with the quickness.

- c
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #70
Lives for gear
 
b0ssa's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya ➡️
@bossa Thanks!

I seem to have accidentally deleted the license from my iLok account while trying to download it onto my iLok.

The new iLok website IS TERRIBLE. Who designed that thing? Ugh. That person needs to be fired with the quickness.

- c
Yeah, you have to look 3x and think at least 2x before doing anything there.. Hell.. I am terrified of deleting my actual licenses. They really should have a seperate page for unlicensed and demo listings. I guess it's like that to encourage their insurance program.
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #71
Lives for gear
 
Llitsor's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya ➡️
I seem to have accidentally deleted the license from my iLok account while trying to download it onto my iLok.

The new iLok website IS TERRIBLE. Who designed that thing? Ugh. That person needs to be fired with the quickness.

- c
Quote:
Originally Posted by spl_support ➡️
Come on... complaining about the ilok is "sooo 2007"...
Dirk.
Evidently not a problem in 2009 at all then..

Hardly an isolated example either, im sure. I would tolerate it for a final paid up product perhaps, because I understand that it is somewhat of a necessary evil these days. But its bad enough assuming that everyone should have an iLok key. Made worse still when I guess you deem it no problem for people to just go buy one and endure all the that potential inconvenience just for the sake of checking out a 14 day demo.

I'd really like to have checked this out to compare it with my hardware MK2T. And quite possibly have bought the final product too if it met with expectations. Yet now I find myself distinctly unimpressed before I have even had the opportunity to try it out.
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #72
Lives for gear
 
everythinglouder's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llitsor ➡️
Evidently not a problem in 2009 at all then..

Hardly an isolated example either, im sure. I would tolerate it for a final paid up product perhaps, because I understand that it is somewhat of a necessary evil these days. But its bad enough assuming that everyone should have an iLok key. Made worse still when I guess you deem it no problem for people to just go buy one and endure all the that potential inconvenience just for the sake of checking out a 14 day demo.

I'd really like to have checked this out to compare it with my hardware MK2T. And quite possibly have bought the final product too if it met with expectations. Yet now I find myself distinctly unimpressed before I have even had the opportunity to try it out.
You need an iLok to demo Softube, Sonnox, Abbey Road, Brainworx, Waves, Elysia, URS, SPL, and others. You need a PCI card to demo UAD, and you need more expensive hardware to demo Duende or TC. All of these companies have been using this protection for demos and full licenses for more than a year now.

These companies' primary objectives are not to make our lives harder. It's to give us great tools and protect themselves at the same time, so that their employees can survive and continue developing more great tools for us.
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #73
Lives for gear
 
cane creek's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Ill demo it , however for £258 +VAT i doubt i'll buy it Plugin prices are getting way out of hand nowadays its certainly a case of diminishing returns.
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #74
FBM
Gear Addict
 
FBM's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
It sounds good, but the real thing (I have it!) sounds better.
The price € 285,- is a bit high when the real thing is only € 719,-
SPL Electronics - Stereo Vitalizer MKII-T 2Kanal Röhren Programm EQ symm. XLR : Dynamik / Klangbearbeitung

But it's the same with the transient designer and I bought that one to!
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #75
Lives for gear
 
javahut's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBM ➡️
It sounds good, but the real thing (I have it!) sounds better.
The price € 285,- is a bit high when the real thing is only € 719,-
SPL Electronics - Stereo Vitalizer MKII-T 2Kanal Röhren Programm EQ symm. XLR : Dynamik / Klangbearbeitung
Yeah, but your hardware doesn't have instant recall nor can it instantiate multiple instances of itself in a mix. heh
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #76
Lives for gear
 
mixerguy's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut ➡️
Yeah, but your hardware doesn't have instant recall nor can it instantiate multiple instances of itself in a mix. heh
YEAH... BUT HE SAYS IT SOUNDS BETTER!!!

doesnt that count for anything anymore?

Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #77
Lives for gear
 
noiseflaw's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek ➡️
Ill demo it , however for £258 +VAT i doubt i'll buy it Plugin prices are getting way out of hand nowadays its certainly a case of diminishing returns.
That is because software is now hugely in the ascendancy.


Soon to become the dominant form.


When the hardware disappears...


They got us by the Gonads?


Ouch!
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #78
Lives for gear
 
Silver Sonya's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy ➡️
YEAH... BUT HE SAYS IT SOUNDS BETTER!!!

doesnt that count for anything anymore?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!



"It doesn't sound very good."

"Yes, but it doesn't sound very good in multiple instances and with instant recall. "





- c
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #79
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
I must agree that this price seems ridiculous. Had this plugin come in at $250US, it would have been a sale from me!
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #80
Lives for gear
 
ProducerBoy's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek ➡️
Ill demo it , however for £258 +VAT i doubt i'll buy it Plugin prices are getting way out of hand nowadays its certainly a case of diminishing returns.
+1 on plug prices.

I don't know the ins and outs of the software business, but the price:benefit ratio is shrinking. When folks like Stillwell & Massey are offering such killer, everyday deals, these higher price tags are driving me away.
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
  #81
Lives for gear
 
javahut's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CramRack ➡️
I must agree that this price seems ridiculous. Had this plugin come in at $250US, it would have been a sale from me!
Intro price should be somewhere around $268 US. Problem solved.
Old 29th November 2009 | Show parent
  #82
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
NATIVE demos would be ace ! IN GENERAL
Old 29th November 2009 | Show parent
  #83
Lives for gear
 
fragletrollet's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProducerBoy ➡️
+1 on plug prices.

I don't know the ins and outs of the software business, but the price:benefit ratio is shrinking. When folks like Stillwell & Massey are offering such killer, everyday deals, these higher price tags are driving me away.



For that price... I dont think so.
Old 1st December 2009 | Show parent
  #84
Lives for gear
 
Suda Badri's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Hi guys,

This plug is exciting but is no way the real deal, I swapped my SPL transient designer (in the Inspired by free stuff thread, the swap stuff thread) cuz I thought you guys nailed the plug-in and now I use that but my vitalizer sounds a lot more euphonic... sorry but if you model tubes and have an option of sticking different ones in there, that would be very cool haha plug ins where you swap the tubes out (hmm mullard might be nice today)...

I LOVE SPL STUFF... but Ill stick to my hardware for this peice... cheers for the public beta, I bought mine second hand and it was less than the plug-in

however for anyone who does not know what this peice can do for your mix, try the plug.... NOW!!

Cheers,

Suda
Old 1st December 2009 | Show parent
  #85
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut ➡️
Intro price should be somewhere around $268 US. Problem solved.
Yeah, but a price of $250USD means street for $199. During an intro special it would sell for $149. That is more my neighborhood for a plug. Can't help it. Times are tough and I want a lot of software for that money.
Old 1st December 2009 | Show parent
  #86
Lives for gear
 
javahut's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CramRack ➡️
Yeah, but a price of $250USD means street for $199. During an intro special it would sell for $149. That is more my neighborhood for a plug. Can't help it. Times are tough and I want a lot of software for that money.
So first you said you'd buy it at a price of $250. Then you find out it will be around that much as an intro price. Now you don't wanna buy it unless it's $149? Plug-in designers can't win with that attitude. There's plenty of cheap & free plug-ins out there. Go get 'em. This trend of whining about plug-in pricing on GS is irksome. Plug-in designers wanna make a living, too. Next you'll be wanting to download your music for free, too... oh... wait...
Old 1st December 2009 | Show parent
  #87
Gear Nut
 
spl_support's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut ➡️
Next you'll be wanting to download your music for free, too... oh... wait...
Music downloads for FREE? That can´t be legal...
Thanks Javahut!
Old 1st December 2009 | Show parent
  #88
Lives for gear
 
Fidelis's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProducerBoy ➡️
+1 on plug prices.

I don't know the ins and outs of the software business, but the price:benefit ratio is shrinking. When folks like Stillwell & Massey are offering such killer, everyday deals, these higher price tags are driving me away.
+1 on prices.

I decided not to buy the new Elysia plugin even with the intro price.

Too many plugins beeing released every month. I hope SPL and Brainworx make those things a little cheaper. So we could afford to buy them all.
Old 1st December 2009 | Show parent
  #89
Lives for gear
 
cane creek's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut ➡️
. Next you'll be wanting to download your music for free, too... oh... wait...
Some artists can work on a album for 1 to 2 years then charge £8 for the album , wonder how long vitalizer plugin took to make ?

PSP sell the Oldtimer for $99/£60 , its a quality plugin and i'm sure PSP also make a tidy profit from it , so when you start asking £258+VAT for a software plugin to me these figures are just pulled out of the sky.

Look at logic9's demo tracks lilly allen , Thievery Corporation & The killers all sound superb running through logics bundled plugins , please don't say it was the recording because if you bypass the plugins the tracks sound bad.

My Question to SPL is would you rather 2 people buy your plugin at £250 or 5 people buy your plugin at £100 ? after all its only software.

I know theres overheads producing software but now where near the overheads of producing hardware.

I own lots of expensive plugins URS CSP , Softube Tube-tech etc however now i've decided enough is enough i'm not paying these prices anymore ill do without the boutique priced plugins and i bet my music won't suffer 1 tiny bit.
Old 1st December 2009 | Show parent
  #90
Lives for gear
 
mike1k's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I have to agree about the pricing..... I'm not saying it isn't appropriate (after all it is SPL's product to sell), but since I wasn't in the market for this tool, it's just too much money to spend for another plug.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 7 views: 18668
Avatar for Andreas G
Andreas G 8th February 2007
replies: 50 views: 54614
Avatar for Andy Hamm
Andy Hamm 21st February 2011
replies: 60 views: 7366
Avatar for Fleaman
Fleaman 23rd October 2008
replies: 23518 views: 1939365
Avatar for M Albazy
M Albazy 28 minutes ago
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump