The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NI Komplete 6
Old 8th September 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwerks ➡️
Yes I think that it is modeling.
It is not modelling - at least not fully. Remove the tonewheel sets and you will see it ...

I think they use some sample base for the tonewheels ...

best
Old 11th September 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
NI

For UK users, FYI:

Digital Village are selling B4ii, EP, AP & Pro53 for £64! Could chance to grab them before they go for ever!

Remember the EP will be included in Kontakt 4 though.

Adam
Old 17th September 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
NI's next version of B42 backed by scarbee will make everyone forget about what we been using.
Old 17th September 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasyr ➡️
NI's next version of B42 backed by scarbee will make everyone forget about what we been using.
I hope that you are right. And a nice discount to all B4II owners would be appropiate !
Old 18th September 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Is it really too much to ask of NI to "keep" their software included in each new bundle that they release??
There's a little more to it than just "keeping" them...they'd have to be upgraded, etc along the road...
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User ➡️
Yeah, especially if they charge previous b4 customers.

This is horse**** honestly... K6 is already half of what it used to be.
K7 will end up being just massive and reaktor afaic tell

What's "complete" about Komplete anymore?
+1 Couldn't agree more. I started a thread here about what a scam the Komplete 5 sale was (since NI obviously knew that these products were going to be discontinued then), but the NI fanboys ganged up on me and got it moved to the Moan Zone. There's some pretty bitter resentment being expressed in the NI forums, but, as usual, NI will probably ignore it.
Sky
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
NI has always struck me primarily as a "core" technology company: Kontakt platform, Kontakt player, Reaktor platform, Kore.

Almost every product they sell seems to be some derivative of these. So if their reasoning is to cut the number of products they need to support and focus on delivering better core products and updates then I'm all for it.

This means NI will need to clearly communicate how nothing has been lost but simply consolidated. Thomas has tried doing this already on the NI website and we'll hopefully be learning more.

I'll stay with Komplete 5 + Kontakt 3.5 for now but am open to upgrading when there's a clear reason to do so.

Sky
Old 18th September 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just picked up Komplete 5 for $399. great price! Installing now! very excited !
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumimusic ➡️
Just picked up Komplete 5 for $399. great price! Installing now! very excited !
If you don't mind me asking, where did you snag it for that price?
Old 19th September 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky ➡️
NI has always struck me primarily as a "core" technology company: Kontakt platform, Kontakt player, Reaktor platform, Kore.

Almost every product they sell seems to be some derivative of these. So if their reasoning is to cut the number of products they need to support and focus on delivering better core products and updates then I'm all for it.

This means NI will need to clearly communicate how nothing has been lost but simply consolidated. Thomas has tried doing this already on the NI website and we'll hopefully be learning more.

I'll stay with Komplete 5 + Kontakt 3.5 for now but am open to upgrading when there's a clear reason to do so.

Sky
I would agree with Kontakt and Kore. Don't really follow Reaktor, so I couldn't comment on that one. I am, however, worried about Absynth and FM8. In particular I have a lot of projects using Absynth, and those sounds would be difficult to replace.

If you look at the recent history of NI's product announcements, it's all this DJ and beat stuff. That doesn't give me a very warm feeling about the continued support of their synth line.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiljohnstonii ➡️
If you don't mind me asking, where did you snag it for that price?
in the classifieds on here!
and about this thread...
i think everything is gonna be ok guys. thumbsup
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
haha i just wanna add that i've been installing since 2pm!
Almost there!
Old 21st September 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Do you think Kontakt 4 will be updated to a full 64-bit sampler under OSX-Snow Leopard ?

It seems like the initial release of Kontakt 4 is still 32-bit, hence it needs to utilize KMS to access more than 4 GB of RAM.
📝 Reply