Quantcast
PSP Audioware Squad EQ Bundle - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PSP Audioware Squad EQ Bundle
Old 27th January 2009
Old 27th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm interested in these. I have never found a satisfying native EQ that didn't induce massive delay or CPU load. I love Neon (which unfortunately suffers from those two issues) but I have high hopes for these. Not too concerned about what they may or may not have tried to emulate. Curious about the saturation too..
Old 27th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Me like what i see!!!

Thanx for sharing and can not wait to try these baby out! I dig a lot PSP's plugins and these for sure will be very handy, well lets see!!!

Cheers!

thumbsup
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
like sonalksis, i wish they had a better website with updated news and such. picking news at the site goes straight to the forum which hasn't seen a lot of activity. all that being said, psp is one of the top plug-in makers in the game and i'm stoked to find out more info on these.

but seriously, a better site is needed
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
no doubt these will be ****-hot...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
These look interesting, but I have MasterComp which seems to eat up more of an Intel Mac than a PPC. Obviously, I'd like it to be the other way around. They are unresponsive about the current state of this issue on their forum.

The forum was shut down for a period of time, and I get e-mail about sales, updates, and with excuses about being busy with their families having babies, etc. Congratulations, but I don't need to know this.

This is the only PSP product I own and maybe the others don't have any problems, or their problems have been resolved. Either way, they have missed additional sales to me because of these issues.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Coyoteous. Yes you need to know that for it is a valid excuse.
Congrats PSP wishing you the best! A set of EQs, how good ID is that?
Brill!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Coyo,
I am sure something went wrong unintentionally. Rewrite your issue!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsound ➑️
I'm interested in these. I have never found a satisfying native EQ that didn't induce massive delay or CPU load. I love Neon (which unfortunately suffers from those two issues) but I have high hopes for these. Not too concerned about what they may or may not have tried to emulate. Curious about the saturation too..
I have been using Neon on demo and I notice that everyone says it has tons of latency but I don't notice it. I use Samplitude and it calculates for the latency and each instance barley touches my cpu meter - maybe a .5% per eq inserted. I have a quad core intel that is about a year and a half old. What other problems does latency introduce that I am not aware of? I'm not trying to argue I just would like to know because I am probably missing something. Thanks!
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdunard ➑️
I have been using Neon on demo and I notice that everyone says it has tons of latency but I don't notice it. I use Samplitude and it calculates for the latency and each instance barley touches my cpu meter - maybe a .5% per eq inserted. I have a quad core intel that is about a year and a half old. What other problems does latency introduce that I am not aware of? I'm not trying to argue I just would like to know because I am probably missing something. Thanks!
some DAWS can't compensate for the huge latency Neon makes. By the sounds, your DAW can. If you are not using it during tracking then it won't be an issue for you.

Neon HR is ( I assume) more processor intensive, if I put it in its highest quality settings I would be lucky to get a couple of stereo instances on my dual G5. I haven't tried the non "HR" version.

narco
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
people are talking about neon hr (especially in max resolution and fat mode) which can introduce some serious latency, especially for the unfortunate souls that use daws with no adc/pdc or suspect hinky ones
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I use Samplitude and I haven't noticed a problem with 10 or so "non HR" plugs inserted. Maybe I should be thankful for Samplitude.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Very interested in these plugs! I think they're gonna be amazing.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPeters86 ➑️
Very interested in these plugs! I think they're gonna be amazing.
I think that too heh.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
everything these Polish guys does is just perfectthumbsup looking forward to it
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I use Samplitude and I haven't noticed a problem with 10 or so "non HR" plugs inserted. Maybe I should be thankful for Samplitude.
not to stress a point but the difference between hr and the regular neon is significant in all areas from sound to cpu hit to latency. while i knew pt le/mp had no adc/pdc and logic's is untrustworthy, i never knew until recently that fl doesn't have it and some versions of sonar (apparently 6). that puts that whole argument about modern daws having it into perspective. and some things like hr (and according to some tracks3) when fully engaged (oversampling, lin phase, high res, all bands, fat) will even break/surpass the compensation in the daws that solidly have it or at the least make it impractical to use normally.

this is why these new plugs are so interesting and if they perform as well as the other stuff like the mixpack 2, and efficiently...can't wait.
Old 31st January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
sQuad is up now, with a demo version: link
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by diatonic ➑️
sQuad is up now, with a demo version: link
Thanks for that

-SD
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Will demo right now, thanks for the heads up.
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
OK... wow! These are among the best digital eqs I've ever used. This is a testimony that not all digital eqs are created equal. I wasn't expecting to like them this much. Great job PSP!

and the filters... ;>

-SD
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
had a bit of a play with them on an old breakbeat, console seemed to be able to get it sounding the fattest with modern day tops etc....wasn't that impressed tbh i found i could still get a better result with urs strip pro with less transient smear...at least on that one beat!

I'll play some more over the next few days....

i usual faves are hydratone, air eq, strip pro, and all the abbey road ones.
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
These have more vibe to my ears than CSP. I've been demoing them on an acoustic mix and they sound very analog-like.

I've found at least one glitch so far... it seems the classic eq bypasses the HF section's gain knob when the "Hi Q" is off.

Also, I would like to see incremental value indicators/display. This is definitely the biggest disadvantage for me so far. Maybe in a future update?

-SD
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
They sound quite good to me, and low on the CPU.
As SD mentioned the ClassicQ HF is on bypass when the HiQ is off.

Editing on the ConsoleQ is a bit tedious the knob pointers are white and so are the shadowing, so on specific ranges you actually can't see what setting you have also doesn't help that there are no value displays I had to adjust my monitors brightness to get it right. But you can edit using your DAW's alternate plugin view and the values show up accordingly so it's not a big problem.

EQL function disables all filters but still engages the saturation, only ClasicQ has the SIM function which when turned on simulates the British transformer(Neve) at the output stage so when disabling the EQL you can you use it as a Neve like saturator, nice. All eqs having a HPF makes it much easier. PSP preQursor is the one I liked the most of all 4.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
How many samples of latency do they induce in PT as an RTAS?

I was always put off the PSP stuff because of the high latency.

Looks good though!
Old 1st February 2009
GS Community Manager

Cheap, too, right now my upgrade price to these is $126.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
which psp stuff do you already have to get that upgrade price?
rsp
GS Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx ➑️
which psp stuff do you already have to get that upgrade price?
rsp
Everything. heh
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
:-)
that would do it :-)
rsp
πŸ“ Reply