Quantcast
PSP Audioware Squad EQ Bundle - Page 5 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PSP Audioware Squad EQ Bundle
Old 17th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
somebody tried if they work under leopard in pro tools 8?
Old 24th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The special is now extended until 2/28
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
these eqs are sooooooooooooo gooooood

and no ****ing iLok.
about to sell mine and the URS classic console strip on it, thanks to PSP!!! (sonalksis helps too )
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Interesting, I missed the ilok vs. key thing. That's good to know.
Old 14th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Angel ➑️
somebody tried if they work under leopard in pro tools 8?
yes works perfectly fine but woooo do they munch CPU!
Old 27th May 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn ➑️
These do not react like most current generation EQ's. I was really impressed with the SPL EQ's pushed. These are something different and also very needed. Congratulations on perfecting your saturation circuit sounds much nicer! I must buy these I cannot get th esame results with logic EQ or angeltone. Very very good!!

Jazztone

Angeltone is designed for mastering to be fair, and of course, the task has different requirements, so therefore, sounds different. Angeltone is an excellent mastering EQ, and i primarilly use hardware for non lp EQing. The squad package is outstanding though, i found the precursor eq to sound very flattering and unobtrusive indeed. The classic q sounded very nice, but doesnt really have the neve sound. It sounds a bit too fizzy in the highs, which could be great for some stuff, but very inappropriate for other stuff. horses for courses.
Old 28th May 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Demo works for me on an older G5, PT8, Leopard.

It's a fine product, for the price.. Very good!

I'm already in UAD & Waves land.
If I was just starting to upgrade ITB things I'd def. pick these up.

They respond pretty well in all areas of the spectrum.
With the preQursor and the RetroQ being my Favorite.
(The are something just 'different', which is always better).

I'll be trying it out more to see if it isn't something I really 'need' though.
Old 18th September 2009 | Show parent
TRW
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Just an update, demo'ing these now. I think they sounds great, really punchy and really analogue.

Posted this over at PSP but thought I'd drop it here to, incase anyone here agrees with me!

I'd love to see a peaking LF option on the ConsoleEQ, something that approaches the bell you can get on an SSL E eq, great on kick. Q switch could vary between say 0.8 and 2...

I'd also love to see a variable LPF on that plugin, much like the type of filters again found on an SSL... LPF is great for electric guitar work.

I'd also love to see a slightly easier to use interface for that one, the concentric frequency knobs are hard to see.

Some of the GUIs (LF band on Console EQ) have freqs labelled in kHz even when not, which I find a bit confusing. I understand why and love the fact I have to tweak by ear, but changing those to Hz and no decimal places would be great.

On RetroEQ, I feel like the HF set to the highest freqs (24k etc) sounds lower, not a problem, but is there a chance you would consider adding a very airy shelving option, something that doesn't reach quite so far down into the midrange?

These are punchy beasts!
-Tom
Old 11th December 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
has anyone compared the ClassicQ to the UAD 1073 EQ ?

i really want a 1073 parametrical EQ, i'm fed up with graphical EQs.
Old 21st December 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Winter PSP sQuad offer: 60% OFF!!!

PSPaudioware.com: audio processor & effect plug-ins VST, AudioUnit, RTAS
Lives for gear
nice one!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I own Waves SSL, Waves API, V-series, Sonnox EQ. Nomad factory Integral bundle , Abbey Roads Brilliance pack, and Nebula with all the 3rd party goodies.

Have to admit, I tried PSP Quad pack today to see if there can be any algorithmic eq that can match or at least gets close to Nebula, because other than Sonnox EQ I have been using only Nebula last two months, because it simply slashes the others mentioned before (I love sonnox for surgical work).

So I tried PSP sQuad, because PSP really offers a huge discount with this one and I even got some extra, because of owning Vintage Warmer.

And I have to say: IMHO this is the best colorful analog EQ bundle in the algorithmixc world. Yes IMHO better than Abbey roads, Waves API and all the others I own. It really matches Nebula. It really saturates, its boosts aren't ear piercing, it breathes and isnt inyourface like Waves. You can make quite large boosts and still sound musical.

YMMV, so try it. But as an owner of pretty much plugin eq's I would deffinitely put this on a 1st plce with Nebula!
Old 22nd December 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
60% off in addition to the christmas discount coupon and the discount for owning a bunch of other PSP stuff makes for a pretty difficult deal to resist...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
IMHO PSP are one of the best guys in the industry. I like their option of Ilok/serial. It makes demos very easy and without having to waste your ILok space in case you decide not to buy the plugin. Nevertheless I put all of their plugins to my Ilok, because I'm 100% sure they'll never leave my ILok.

Yes the offer is really tempting. But I didn't buy sQuad because of the great deal. I tried the plugin because of the great deal, but bought it because it is simply unbelievable.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I really like the console-Q; it's punchy and has an excellent hi-pass filter.
And the saturation feature on the output is awesome!
A job very well done.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsound ➑️
60% off in addition to the christmas discount coupon and the discount for owning a bunch of other PSP stuff makes for a pretty difficult deal to resist...
I cant see any reference to the christmas discount coupon ..... nothing in my e-mail... can you let me know what it is about?
Thanks.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It is not in your mail. It should be in your account in case you are Vintage Warmer owner.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky ➑️
I cant see any reference to the christmas discount coupon ..... nothing in my e-mail... can you let me know what it is about?
Thanks.
At the 'check out' on the PSP web store, right under the Discount Meter, there should be a link saying "you have unused discount coupons --- click to check" if you're eligible. The mail I got (Friday) stated I'm offered the discount for being a registered Vintage Warmer 2 user, and it's valid until December 31.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks Guys...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
just bought these (with the additional discount too), just waiting for the installer to finish downloading. looking forward to trying these out!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
$87.50 for me since I have mastercomp, oldtimer and Nitro. I was actually hoping for more than an $11.50 additional discount, but with the 60% off, this is a pretty killer deal. Oh, and the classicqex looks like a great addition.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
very stupid question, but I notice on 2 eq's for instance 110Hz (.110 khz) is notated as k11......is this some kind of advance maths that I am missing or just typos?
thanks
rsp
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx ➑️
very stupid question, but I notice on 2 eq's for instance 110Hz (.110 khz) is notated as k11......is this some kind of advance maths that I am missing or just typos?
thanks
rsp
Not stupid, nor a typo, but a little confusing... they're using the k as a period, and as a thousand designator. I think it's sort of the Euro unit convention. I've seen it for Frequency, Resistance, etc.: like 4k7 Hz would be 4.7 kHz, but I haven't noticed it like this without a leading number. I dunno... maybe on schematics, but if so, it didn't hurt my brain like this.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
ah.
thanks, would be nice though since it isn't silkscreened but only digital gui code, that they change it to the more conventional....
just saying
rsp
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
ok i'm in ;)

might as well....
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantex ➑️
I own Waves SSL, Waves API, V-series, Sonnox EQ. Nomad factory Integral bundle , Abbey Roads Brilliance pack, and Nebula with all the 3rd party goodies.

Have to admit, I tried PSP Quad pack today to see if there can be any algorithmic eq that can match or at least gets close to Nebula, because other than Sonnox EQ I have been using only Nebula last two months, because it simply slashes the others mentioned before (I love sonnox for surgical work).

So I tried PSP sQuad, because PSP really offers a huge discount with this one and I even got some extra, because of owning Vintage Warmer.

And I have to say: IMHO this is the best colorful analog EQ bundle in the algorithmixc world. Yes IMHO better than Abbey roads, Waves API and all the others I own. It really matches Nebula. It really saturates, its boosts aren't ear piercing, it breathes and isnt inyourface like Waves. You can make quite large boosts and still sound musical.

YMMV, so try it. But as an owner of pretty much plugin eq's I would deffinitely put this on a 1st plce with Nebula!
It's the first time i hear somebody saying this. It's the first time a Nebula user says something like this. I'll try them.
Gear Maniac

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU ➑️
It's the first time i hear somebody saying this. It's the first time a Nebula user says something like this. I'll try them.

That is something isn't it? Especially after reading a long thread awhile back about how most software EQ's sound like crap when you use them to boost frequencies. I decided to ahead and get them last night. They sound great, and even when you try to dial in the same settings from one EQ to the next they still sound a little different from each other, which is nice!
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Downloading now. The supreme test for me is if the hi end boost can sound meaty or silky instead of harsh (even AirEq and Passive-Active pack sound like that, unfortunately).
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The Abbey Road Mastering EQ is pretty Silky....I like these alot as well....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm finding that the most miniscule adjustments away from default settings make a VERY noticeable difference on whatever you apply these to, especially with the ClassicQ. Just inserting it, even with the SAT off, makes a fairly noticeable change, and .5-1 dB moves are really apparent.

I remember looking at these when they came out, and liking them, but finding the markings of the controls to be a bit weird and incoherent. I'm also getting some zipper noise when adjusting during playback in Samplitude 10.21 on WinXP SP2.

I wish I could really dig in and test, but I'm leaving for the holidays in a few hours and just can't spend quality time evaluating them. Definitely a great bargain.
πŸ“ Reply