The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PSP Audioware Squad EQ Bundle
Old 4th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Rezz ➑️
No unfortunately Sonic , the guy's at PSP are saying another bug fix is on it's way 1.1.2. so we'll see how we go with that .....
Sorry to hear that... Did they give any idea when we might expect the update?

-SD
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anybody tried the preQursor on the mix buss? Sounds amazing. Like it better than RetroQ.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I really like the sound of the top end on all the plugs....
You can crank it and stays pretty smooth.
Not quite as good as the UAD Harrison but pretty darn close.
I could use these everyday!

Emilio
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➑️
I really like the sound of the top end on all the plugs....
You can crank it and stays pretty smooth.
I agree, before these it was only the Sonalksis SV EQ that i felt was able to achieve a convincing HF boost.

I kinda wish they would have produced one giant EQ with all these rolled into one, like the URS Strip Pro. For instance the MF in ClassicQ and the HF in preQursor are my faves, i guess i'll have to make a few of my own preset ableton racks that incorporate these.
I understand why they didn't, GUI's are great for marketing and four GUI's are better than one.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I wasn't expecting to like these as much as I do. They really sound great and react quite a bit like actual analog eq. Loved the Neve inspired one on bass drum. Better than the waves V series which says a lot.

I also love that they don't fool you by looking exactly like real world gear.
You respond to the sound not the pretty 1073 picture.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
These do not react like most current generation EQ's. I was really impressed with the SPL EQ's pushed. These are something different and also very needed. Congratulations on perfecting your saturation circuit sounds much nicer! I must buy these I cannot get th esame results with logic EQ or angeltone. Very very good!!

Jazztone
Old 5th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winey ➑️
ILoved the Neve inspired one on bass drum.
You mean the ClassicQ or the ConsoleQ?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPeters86 ➑️
console is amek inspired.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech ➑️
console is amek inspired.
I don't think it's specifically Amek inspired. I'm sure they listened to some Ameks, but I guess there were some Neves as well.

"ConsoleQ captures the sound character and functionality of various classic British console equalizers including flexible AMEK eqs."
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenton ➑️
I agree that they sound very sweet but......

Is it just me or is the Plugin Delay Compensation not working with these?

I'm getting comb filtering when running a signal in parallel with an EQ in one path....

K.
What software are you using?

-SD
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sorry, I may have jumped the gun there.........
More evaluation required.

When doing a null test they don't cancel when flat - due to upsampling?
The Classic also seems to add a few dB with no bands boosted.

Logic 8.0.2.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenton ➑️
The Classic also seems to add a few dB with no bands boosted.

Logic 8.0.2.
same over here..

intention or bug?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hi guys !

I wrote to PSP to know more about the SIMulation mode in the ClassicQ.

They told me that it was specially designed to emulate (at least partially) the harmonic response of 1073.

Also, they said that if there is a really good feedback about the SIMulation mode, they will consider doing more such algorithms in the future.

So write back to them about if if you think it helps the plugins sound better !
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Next step after fixing the bugs would be a nice compressor-bundle.. heh

Sign me up..
Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPeters86 ➑️
Classic. Wish they'd throw one more mid band on this one. Great low and high shelf on this one!
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
not sure if anyone else thinks this but I am finding the Neve preQursor by far the best sounding. I had it doing a head to head with the Nebula DOc Fear EQ and it was pretty damn good - even on big 5k boosts. The 4x oversampled apEQ was ringing on a 12db 5k boost - but the pre-Qursor sounded pretty smooth still. The Low end also sounds big and punchy/...

Not spent enough time with the others but thus far not really liked ClassicQ or RetroQ. ConsoleQ I do like tho for a channel EQ....
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
+1 for the preQursor, and the Classic.
DR9.
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash ➑️

Also, they said that if there is a really good feedback about the SIMulation mode, they will consider doing more such algorithms in the future.

So write back to them about if if you think it helps the plugins sound better !

Dear PSP,

More SIMs Please!

I would love to see sims added to all these eqs, but let me go a step further and suggest a truly advanced control over the effect, either via an amount control, or perhaps a few selections of degree of saturation. Of course having a truly dynamic transformer model which has a varying response dependent on the input level is the ultimate IMO. I would love to see just a transformer/sat device which goes beyond the other plugs currently available. I think the sound of your sim is something special, so keep up the good work.

-SD
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 ➑️
not sure if anyone else thinks this but I am finding the Neve preQursor by far the best sounding. I had it doing a head to head with the Nebula DOc Fear EQ and it was pretty damn good - even on big 5k boosts. The 4x oversampled apEQ was ringing on a 12db 5k boost - but the pre-Qursor sounded pretty smooth still. The Low end also sounds big and punchy/...

Not spent enough time with the others but thus far not really liked ClassicQ or RetroQ. ConsoleQ I do like tho for a channel EQ....
Yes, I agree. The preQursor is the one I fell in love with first, It is exactly what they say. I wouldn't hesitate using it for any filter duty.

-SD
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
By the way, if you want to hear something well done... engage the sat on the consoleQ. Have you guys tried it yet? It took me a few days to get around to using it, but when I did I was impressed how good it sounds on some things. I still want to experiment with it more.

-SD
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The preQursor does indeed sound good. I'm using it on a nylon string stereo rhythm guitar track and it's perfect. You can change the tonal balance of the guitar without it sounding obviously eq'd. Low mid cut and a top end boost... very smooth.

The Console is nice too. It's pretty clean, and the Sat feature is subtle but useful. Got that one on the vocal. I think I'll leave them there.

thumbsup for the sQuad so far!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i installed the demos on my mac pro/logic/leopard, and it seems to have gone straight into 'demo has expired' mode.

i was talking on the phone during the first booting up of logic and the plugin validation and i think i just kept clicking 'ok ok ok', perhaps of clicking 'cancel' or something. i can't remember

anyway now, it wants an ID and reg, which i don't have, and when i click cancel, it says the demo has expired and doesn't pass audio, etc.

i guess i'll try to delete them and reinstall. running the installer again didn't help.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I used these on a mix, and loved them, but was surprised how CPU heavy they were,

using Logic 8.0.2 on a mac pro quad.

after about 8 instances, I started using my other eq's to save on the CPU, but these are so good, I wanted to use only these.

anyone else notice that?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayenex ➑️
I used these on a mix, and loved them, but was surprised how CPU heavy they were,

using Logic 8.0.2 on a mac pro quad.

after about 8 instances, I started using my other eq's to save on the CPU, but these are so good, I wanted to use only these.

anyone else notice that?
I work on Logic 8.0.2 too and these plugins are very CPU heavy!!!

Almost too heavy..
Old 8th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Just downloaded and installed the demo. Haven't actually checked how they sound but I did a few tests and I already noticed at least one bug. Not sure if this one has been mentioned.

I'm running PTLE 7.4 on Mac OS10.4, hitting the "option" button didn't reset parameters to their default position. In fact, every time I held option and clicked a control it went to a different spot.

FWIW, I didn't think the CPU usage was bad at all. They seemed overall less CPU hungry than the Waves SSL G-EQ. Although, they do have quite a bit of latency for an EQ plug IMO. Roughly 48 samples. Gonna hold off on these for now.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx ➑️

I'm running PTLE 7.4 on Mac OS10.4, hitting the "option" button didn't reset parameters to their default position. In fact, every time I held option and clicked a control it went to a different spot.

FWIW, I didn't think the CPU usage was bad at all. They seemed overall less CPU hungry than the Waves SSL G-EQ. Although, they do have quite a bit of latency for an EQ plug IMO. Roughly 48 samples. Gonna hold off on these for now.
try double clicking on the parameters, that's what works for me at least.

yeah, I wonder if the CPU thing is a Logic issue. it seemed pretty heavy.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
One of my unresolved problems with MasterComp is that it seems to be even more CPU heavy on Intel than on PPC. I wonder if these new EQ plugs are the same?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Do these EQ's show the right values in Logic on the automation lane if you automate them?

I have the PSP masterpack and because those plugins are written cross-platform, they don't show the values you see on the GUI on the automation track. I like the sound and still use the plugins but they're hard to adjust from my controller (smart av tango) because it shows the values it gets from the plugin.
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I'm hoping they will release a fairly substantial update soon. My only real issue is with the interface(s), which should be more fluid.

I haven't checked the scroll wheel function for all the plugs, but I know the consoleQ's scroll control is working on my system. IMO They GUI(s) need to be a little easier to understand, and smoother. I don't mind using my ears, but it shouldn't overlooked that many guys are experienced enough to know the frequency range they need to adjust before they even reach for a knob. Having more clearly defined labels speeds everything up so one isn't forced to make sure they're hearing correctly.

As for the CPU efficiency, I haven't noticed any problems yet, but I'll check soon and load a bunch of instances to see what happens.

-SD
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdefault ➑️
As for the CPU efficiency, I haven't noticed any problems yet, but I'll check soon and load a bunch of instances to see what happens.
That would be great. Maybe you can include information about your system and the number of plugins you're able to load.
πŸ“ Reply