PSP Audioware Squad EQ Bundle
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
GS Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx ➑️
:-)
that would do it :-)
rsp
Got the Total Pack in a group buy a couple years ago at 50% off, and have gotten a great price on everything that's been released since then. I'll probably pick these up, for $126 it's kind of a no-brainer to get four useful mix EQs.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Deactivating the Hi-Q switch in ClassicQ HF band is buggy. The high shelf doesn't work.

Mousewheel support is missing.

For the ConsoleQ:
I wish the ring could also be set when clicking on a label (same behaviour found in most other vintage style EQs).

The sound is nice. Remembers a bit to UAD Neve. This RetroQ is a nice EQ for brilliance. After some testing I like the ConsoleQ most.

Interesting plug-ins.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 ➑️
Everything. heh
Do you need to have every plug of theirs to be eligible for that upgrade price? I only have a few PSP plugs I logged into my account then into the store it just says (special offer valid until February 14th) USD 199.00 which is still the normal price.
GS Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbary Ape ➑️
Do you need to have every plug of theirs to be eligible for that upgrade price? I only have a few PSP plugs I logged into my account then into the store it just says (special offer valid until February 14th) USD 199.00 which is still the normal price.
You have to add it to your cart to actually see what, if any discount you will be entitled to. It will show it at the top right of your screen.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
that got me excited for a few seconds before I tried it and found out I was eligible for $0.00 off :-)
rsp
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind ➑️
Deactivating the Hi-Q switch in ClassicQ HF band is buggy. The high shelf doesn't work.

Mousewheel support is missing.

For the ConsoleQ:
I wish the ring could also be set when clicking on a label (same behaviour found in most other vintage style EQs). [...]
During the last hours we introduced several improvements to each plugin
of PSP sQuad. We plan to release the official update today.

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
On the webpage, the retro eq output knob is in Hz?
rsp
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
thanks. Hopefully this too is corrected. yes I know it is minor :-)
rsp
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx ➑️
retro eq output knob is in Hz?
...yes... we know this stupid error also
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim_K ➑️
During the last hours we introduced several improvements to each plugin
of PSP sQuad. We plan to release the official update today.

Ok, lets give it later another try
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
PSP sQuad update to v1.1.1 is done
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Joachim_K ?

Can you tell us why the SIM feature has not been integrated to the 3 others EQ of the bundle.

And by the way, does this SIMulation feature had modeled harmonics distortions coming from real hardware analog EQs ?

Thanks
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
the preQursor imo sounds a lot better than the waves veq4.
the RetroQ sound awesome too
ima have to get these plugins in a few weeks
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i installed the updated demo 1.1.1 and i was unable to open the plugins..

i think it killed my demo-period..
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
CanΒ΄t get the demo running either.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
worked for a sec.. then stopped! I'd love to try these dudes, if I could get the to work...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
ok, they're working again...for the moment. They sound excellent, really excellent.thumbsup
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I started with 1.1.0. Great plugins... I upgraded to the 1.1.1 demo and it appears that my demo trial ended. I removed 1.1.1 and went back to 1.1.0 Everything works and the demo period is back. I'm on a G5 Quad with 10.5.5 and using audio units in logic 8.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great work guys! Really like the Classic EQ. The Retro EQ is also stunning on the mix buss. Nice for some high shelving. I will be demoing these babies for the next days with pleasure
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Not having any luck getting these demo's to work , tried 1.1.1 but it didn't happen , no sound through the plugs, but before the plug-ins appear it keeps asking for authorization , don't know what that is about ! Tried going back to 1.1.0 but i have a feeling the expiry date might have been affected so no luck there either .

Logic 8.0.2 , 10.4.11 , Mac Pro 2.66 Dual Core if anybody is interested .....

Cann't wait to try them once they have the demo's sorted out though ......
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
PSP guys, I hope you were taking notes on what you did with the transformer simulation, etc... because you need to keep doing that! And the balance of distortion characteristics is very nice.

The interfaces need a little work though, and how about some value indicators!

-SD
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdefault ➑️
PSP guys, I hope you were taking notes on what you did with the transformer simulation, etc... because you need to keep doing that! And the balance of distortion characteristics is very nice.

The interfaces need a little work though, and how about some value indicators!

-SD
thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hey GS-family. I had a good time demoing the PSP sQuad bundle so here it is:

My lil' PSP-sQuad demo review:

The PSP sQuad is a bundle of 4 EQ-plugins. All 4 of them have variable high pass filters and an optional saturation option in the output-section, preventing digital-clipping and adding saturation if driven hard.

PSP ClassicQ

The PSP ClassicQ is a Neve-inspired 3-band-EQ with shelving-filters in the LF&HF-band. It has an additional "selectable simulation of class A circuitry and output transformer for a unique, vintage-style color", which the other 3 EQs don't have.

I like the shelving filters and the deep options on the mid-range-filter (variable Q in 5 steps, from .5 to 5, auto-Q and x10-button) , which make the ClassicQ a musical and very useable british-style-eq. It works especially good on sources, which demand for a neve-type EQ. The additional transformer-simulation adds some flavor to the signal. Nice one.

PSP ConsoleQ

The PSP ConsoleQ is modeled after british console-EQs, PSP mentions AMEK as their inspiration. 4 bands, 2 shelving-filters (LF&HF) and 2 bell-filters with gain following Q factors (starting points are: .7, 2, 4).

This one is a nice "workhorse"-EQ for channel-signals. Not as smooth sounding as the ClassicQ, but a good tool to shape sounds. Like it.

PSP preQursor

The PSP preQursor is a 4-band bell-type EQ with progressive Q factors. It's based on PSP own filter developments with the goal to allow narrow notching and natural sounding boosting.

This one is a lil' bit special. I really like the sound of the preQursor. It's hard to describe, but it allows to shape a sound in a unique but musical way. I wasn't able to match the other EQs in the bundle to achieve similar sounding results. Cutting and boosting makes fun with this one. It's possible to change the sound dramatically without sounding strange. Def worth trying!

PSP RetroQ

The RetroQ is based on PSP VintageWarmer's filters and offers two shelving-filters and a mid-range filter. It's designed for groups and mixes.

This is also where it shines. Put it on the drum-bus, cut some very low end, add some oompf at 63Hz, some snap in the midrange and some air in the top-end. Great!

Conclusion:

Not everybody will like the concept of a EQ-bundle with 4 different EQs and some might prefer one EQ with more options. But i dig the idea of having 4 different EQ-flavors and a quick workflow. I haven't gotten too deep into the saturation feature, but i think it's a nice bonus.

Nonetheless there are some negative things to say. The demo is a lil' buggy and it seems that PSP released it a little bit too early. Maybe they should have worked on it for a week or two. Also i think i would like to have value indicators. But this way i'm forced to listen instead of thinking about the right amount. Maybe it's better the way it is..

The bottom line is that i like the PSP sQuad bundle. It's reasonable priced (199$ special offer until feb 14th, 249$ afterwards) and good sounding. I wasn't able to compare it to Waves or UAD plugins, but i think for this amount of cash, it's worth trying the PSP sQuad bundle.

PRO:
- sound
- concept: 4 different flavors
- high pass filter in all 4 plugins (!)
- quick workflow
- SAT-feature
- price

CONTRA:
- still a lil' buggy
- no value indicators ( i'm not shure if this is negative... )

Disclaimer: I do not work for anybody, i don't sell anything and it's all for the love...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Interesting though as I see most agree's with me that the eq's that get more attention is the one's they haven't modelled or inspired from a well known source (and this is nice).
Old 4th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker ➑️
Interesting though as I see most agree's with me that the eq's that get more attention is the one's they haven't modelled or inspired from a well known source (and this is nice).
Thats right...... iΒ΄m also tired of the 28th Neve/Pultec Clone.

We need more stuff like the Maserati, SPL/Brainworx or the normal PSP Plugs. Tools for 2009, and not 60Β΄s Emulations.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I friggin love these.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I particularly like this part:

"All actual parameters like gain, frequency or Q may differ from displayed values which is a typical feature of analog equalizers."

And so far, I have tested the ClassicQ and ConsoleQ and they are both excellent. thumbsup
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Rezz ➑️
Not having any luck getting these demo's to work...

H-Rezz, Did you ever get them to work?

-SD
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
No unfortunately Sonic , the guy's at PSP are saying another bug fix is on it's way 1.1.2. so we'll see how we go with that .....
πŸ“ Reply