DrMS spatial processor plugin - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DrMS spatial processor plugin
Old 3rd November 2008 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax ➑️
One minor comment I'll add is that I'd like to be able to type in numbers to +/- .1, just cos I'm used to it with most other plug-ins. Then again, most of my UAD plugs don't allow it, so not a big deal.
I'm always open to input, so who knows I'll do an update with some extra things like that.
Main reason there's no number-displays now is to keep the GUI more simple (as there's a lot going on already heh ).

As for additional/more apparent depth, try to play with the delay parameter in the Focus and Field sections

Also note that DrMS processing is program-dependent, the Side and Depth section will do nothing on pure mono material for example.
Old 5th November 2008 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Hi Dr, first post here.

Just wanted to say that this is a clever + great tool, it was needed.

Although it could be all done manually, it would require extra channels, plugins and valuable time spent on setting it all up.

Definitely worth the asking price, and I would add that at that price - people will love you even more.

There is nothing like this out there.

Hadn't had a chance to demo yet - but will do so when I get a minute.
Oh yes, I know what it does indeed

---

Kids, this tool should be number on on your shopping list, especially if you want to learn a bit more about mono/stereo - phasing, delays, tilting and so on...

That's the next step for many of you out there. As I read... Filters, dynamic processors, reverbs etc... it's all good, but you need to learn what to do with it, where and when to do it, and possibly why.
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Thanks

It's pretty hard to do manually what it does heh Maybe not impossible, but it's gonna be more hassle then it seems if you want it to work correctly, including autogain

The DrMS plugin was created from an own concept and desire to be able to do certain things with MS you normally can't. I'm glad people are digging it
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

I'm not familiar with pluggo. Do I just need pluggo runtime to run this plug?
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by henge ➑️
I'm not familiar with pluggo. Do I just need pluggo runtime to run this plug?
Yes, all you need is the free Pluggo Runtime which works like a wrapper to make the "DrMS Pluggo VST" into an AudioUnit, VST and RTAS plugin.

Installation info for both the DrMS demo and full version is in the online DrMS manual:
mathewlane.com - DrMS manual
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
This plugin seems quite useful and interesting (and I've just sent my purchase request), BUT, a couple of videos showing its use and example results of processing would be appreciated - and might spur sales!

My primary interest is in creating a coherent soundstage (of sampled orchestral instruments and sectiions) from source material recorded with differing locations/technique.

Any thoughts on the use of stereo analysis tools (lissajous, correlation, coherence) alongside DrMS would be interesting also...how changes in DrMS might be seen in the various analysis graphs etc. - if that is possible. It is the sound that counts, yes, but DrMS seems capable of some novel (and subtle) changes and using analysis might help in the learning process.

Thanks for a great tool and best of luck.
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleartrueblue ➑️
a couple of videos showing its use and example results of processing would be appreciated
Good idea, I will look into this! Can't promise them to be ready tomorrow heh , but I really agree some videos would be very helpful both for new and existing DrMS users
Old 6th November 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleartrueblue ➑️
a couple of videos showing its use and example results of processing would be appreciated
I second that. I was playing with it today but just for 15 min and the learning curve seems to be high on this one. Anything that help us to get use to it would be good (presets, tutorials with audio exemples, videos, etc...)

I love to play with stereo field in my mixes and this plugin might be my cup of tea!

I'll play with it a little more.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hey Delta

Does it Work on Leopard 10.5.5?
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEng1 ➑️
Hey Delta

Does it Work on Leopard 10.5.5?
Yes, I'm running it on latest Leopard on my MacBook. Feel free to test the demo to make sure, every system is different
Old 7th November 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
finally used it and I will again. It's easy to handle and you get results that are pretty hard to get with anything else out there. I'm not a fan of widening plugs in genral but this thing is very power ful and keeps the disadvantages of widening at a minimum.
my 2 points: some knobs are reacting very fast IOW big changes are happening in a short way - dunno if I'm the only one
the other point: as jax said - some numbering would be great (actually I think about a box that pops up when you slide over a knob. the box shows your level or kHz or whatever and you might enter the value desired

this thing rocks

Jo
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by studjo ➑️
finally used it and I will again. It's easy to handle and you get results that are pretty hard to get with anything else out there. I'm not a fan of widening plugs in genral but this thing is very power ful and keeps the disadvantages of widening at a minimum.
my 2 points: some knobs are reacting very fast IOW big changes are happening in a short way - dunno if I'm the only one
the other point: as jax said - some numbering would be great (actually I think about a box that pops up when you slide over a knob. the box shows your level or kHz or whatever and you might enter the value desired

this thing rocks

Jo
i know that ususally u can hold ctrl or shift on pc and get more sensitive knob turning capabilities but I am not sure if thats introduced in the pluggo environment. gonna check this plugin out soon!!
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by studjo ➑️
some knobs are reacting very fast IOW big changes are happening in a short way - dunno if I'm the only one
This is indeed the case with the HPF frequency... But the good news is that v1.1 (free update for all DrMS users) is almost ready, and one of the improvements is that v1.1 has a more logaritmic scale on the HPF frequency, offering better control especially in the lower frequencies
Old 8th November 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Is the high-pass linear phase, or ?
Old 8th November 2008 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloocproducer ➑️
Is the high-pass linear phase, or ?
It's not linear phase, it's more 'analog'-like
Old 11th November 2008 | Show parent
Old 5th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
As someone who bought this back when it first appeared I just wanted to add my personally praise for this plug-in, an indispensable 'secret weapon' type of tool...thanks and great job Matthew.
Old 10th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have matthew lanes plug in.
www.mathewlane.com
i can sit there and tweak on that thing for 30 minutes and it gets pretty interesting in the stereo field. i always end up dropping for a good ole slap delay. one side dry other side at 15-30 MS. no it doesn't work in mono but sounds awesome in stereo.
Old 11th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
still pluggo only?

seems such an intersting thing....but pluggo tutt
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by miro ➑️
still pluggo only?

seems such an intersting thing....but pluggo tutt
Ok, I'll spill the beans... New full native (no Pluggo) version is getting very close to release!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeltaM ➑️
Ok, I'll spill the beans... New full native (no Pluggo) version is getting very close to release!
now THAT's some good news!

just looking at the GUI makes a really nice impression! are you planning/working on other plugins?
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by miro ➑️
now THAT's some good news!

just looking at the GUI makes a really nice impression! are you planning/working on other plugins?
Once DrMS v3.0 is released, we will start on some new things yes. There's a bunch of ideas already for more plugins that do something different then others
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Good to hear! I use V2 all the time.

-SD
nkf
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Once DrMS v3.0 is released, we will start on some new things yes. There's a bunch of ideas already for more plugins that do something different then others
I just bought your DrMS a few hours ago, can't wait for the non-Pluggo version. The plug in is absolutely brilliant for stereo sound design. Please consider something similar for surround purposes.
Old 29th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Under which name and where the DrMS File for "RTAS-Pluggo" is?

I can not find it.....
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIEL ➑️
Under which name and where the DrMS File for "RTAS-Pluggo" is?

I can not find it.....
The Pluggo-RTAS.dpm bases itself on the DrMSv2.0.vst file which resides in Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Pluggo (or on the DrMSv2.0.dll in your vstplugins folder when you're on PC)

I have good news coming soon related to all this
Lives for gear

Question

Quote:
The Pluggo-RTAS.dpm bases itself on the DrMSv2.0.vst file which resides in Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Pluggo (or on the DrMSv2.0.dll in your vstplugins folder when you're on PC)

I am on Mac 10.5.6 with PT HD8 8.01

I can see it in the Folder

Weidr that I can only load and see in the RTAS List DrMSDemo1 1 under Cycling'74..but not the version 2 of DrMS

I was able to see it in ableton live as Pluggo ////???? weird....
and actually also other Pluggo based plug ins that I can not see in PT
what is the reason??
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
You've definitely got my cash once it's non-Pluggo
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yay!!

ns
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I was going to request another demo trial for this but later got busy with stuff and forgot. Nice to know its still being upgraded thumbsup
Closed