Quantcast
Wavegrove releases Vastaus, a free high-end fixing smoother, and overdrive - Page 5 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wavegrove releases Vastaus, a free high-end fixing smoother, and overdrive
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #121
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordae ➡️
Hello!

Could you send me crash reports at [email protected] ?

I'm not able to recreate these crashes on Windows or Mac. Thanks a bunch
I just sent you the report.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #122
Lives for gear
 
jeronimo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by acctx ➡️
Daily fixes is a sign of either:

a) great technical support
or
b) a very raw product released months before being ready with the purpose of using early adopters as beta testers
And your post is a sign of either:

a) not following the thread at all and making an unnecessary comment
or
b) just being a troll
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #123
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeronimo ➡️
And your post is a sign of either:

a) not following the thread at all and making an unnecessary comment
or
b) just being a troll
It's amusing when the self righteous stoop to juvenile name calling while contributing nothing to the thread other than signifying their own superiority.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #124
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeronimo ➡️
And your post is a sign of either:

a) not following the thread at all and making an unnecessary comment
or
b) just being a troll
I saw that comment as being quite a clear observation! It is being given for free after all, it's cool to see the progress though it could affect usability at times. All good, I am sure we'll see a highly stable, more or less final, version before too long.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #125
GBP
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger ➡️
I saw that comment as being quite a clear observation! It is being given for free after all, it's cool to see the progress though it could affect usability at times. All good, I am sure we'll see a highly stable, more or less final, version before too long.
Yes today I tried it on something and noticed " the plugin was causing some distortion that definitely should not have been there, so I fixed it."

So I will give the latest version a go and see how it fairs in light of all these comments....

Well on one computer I had 1.1.3 in components and 1.1.2 in vst3 having just installed version 1.1.4.
So I have found I need to manually take out the plugs before installing to make sure the latest correct version actually gets installed.
Mac mojave....
Will check my other computer as that was the one with the noise and I thought I was up to the latest 1.1.4...
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #126
Lives for gear
 
jeronimo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Yes today I tried it on something and noticed " the plugin was causing some distortion that definitely should not have been there, so I fixed it."

So I will give the latest version a go and see how it fairs in light of all these comments....

Well on one computer I had 1.1.3 in components and 1.1.2 in vst3 having just installed version 1.1.4.
So I have found I need to manually take out the plugs before installing to make sure the latest correct version actually gets installed.
Mac mojave....
Will check my other computer as that was the one with the noise and I thought I was up to the latest 1.1.4...
This doesn't happen here on Big Sur. All new versions overwrite the previous ones. Reaper or LUNA
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #127
Lives for gear
 
jeronimo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froom ➡️
It's amusing when the self righteous stoop to juvenile name calling while contributing nothing to the thread other than signifying their own superiority.
So, was it A or B?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #128
GBP
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeronimo ➡️
This doesn't happen here on Big Sur. All new versions overwrite the previous ones. Reaper or LUNA
Yes it is not the DAW but it must be the OS.

How is Big Sur for music now? I was contemplating updating my macbook pro from mojave to Big Sur the other day and bypassing Catalina.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #129
GBP
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Well I'm getting well confused here as the installer says it is package 1.1.4 but is installing 1.1.3 component and vst3 ( 13th Sept ).
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #130
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Well I'm getting well confused here as the installer says it is package 1.1.4 but is installing 1.1.3 component and vst3 ( 13th Sept ).
Just tried this and I can't reproduce this. Installing 15th Sep files 1.1.4. Could you try and download the installer again?

You can also go under your Machintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/ and remove the files beforehand from VST3 and Components, respectively.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #131
GBP
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordae ➡️
Just tried this and I can't reproduce this. Installing 15th Sep files 1.1.4. Could you try and download the installer again?

You can also go under your Machintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/ and remove the files beforehand from VST3 and Components, respectively.
Ok I re-downloaded the 1.1.4 zip and dropped them in. These are the correct ones. I may have been too quick the other day to download 1.1.4 installer that seemed to still have 1.1.3 in???

All good now and loaded up in Nuendo replacing 1.1.3
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #132
Lives for gear
 
jeronimo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Yes it is not the DAW but it must be the OS.

How is Big Sur for music now? I was contemplating updating my macbook pro from mojave to Big Sur the other day and bypassing Catalina.
I have zero issues. I jumped from Mojave on a Dell XPS hackintosh to BigSur on a M1 Mini. Nothing to complain other than wanting more stuff to be ARM native.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #133
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
It's an interesting effect. I am not sure what it does, perhaps low-pass filtering..? Or does it work similar to the Flux BitterSweet?
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui ➡️
It's an interesting effect. I am not sure what it does, perhaps low-pass filtering..? Or does it work similar to the Flux BitterSweet?
Definitely not your basic low pass, although I of course see where you are coming from. It is heavily dependent on what happens in the signal and smooths it using a set of calculations I came up with. Don't want to get into too much detail, use it if you like it!

Combined with the overdrive, you can use it to get things more in to the background, while compressing them gently, leaving room for your center stage tracks.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #135
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Oh, sure. I’m just nosy.

Thanks for the freebee, much appreciated.
Old 7 hours ago | Show parent
  #136
Gear Guru
 
Karloff70's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordae ➡️
Definitely not your basic low pass, although I of course see where you are coming from. It is heavily dependent on what happens in the signal and smooths it using a set of calculations I came up with. Don't want to get into too much detail, use it if you like it!

Combined with the overdrive, you can use it to get things more in to the background, while compressing them gently, leaving room for your center stage tracks.
Your instincts for a musically useful calculation are banging! Stay on that frequency and bring em through ;-)
Old 6 hours ago | Show parent
  #137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 ➡️
Your instincts for a musically useful calculation are banging! Stay on that frequency and bring em through ;-)
Thanks, will do! Drawing waveforms on paper has been a good way to think about this
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 4616 views: 619171
Avatar for smoke
smoke 7th May 2021
replies: 98 views: 40603
Avatar for dfghdhr
dfghdhr 5th June 2021
replies: 3306 views: 61481
Avatar for Synth Guru
Synth Guru 4 weeks ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump