Quantcast
Vertigo Sound VSM-4 - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vertigo Sound VSM-4
Old 6th May 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

I am fan of the VSM-3 however I never jumped on the plugs as imo they just dont fully provide the magic I hear from the HW. This however takes a different approach that immediately grabbed my attention. I didnt even notice what this based until now but just by the using the transformers alone gave me warmth and injected more depth. Pushing on my All Music Bus, things like high hats get pulled more into focus but are tamed in the process to certain degree. Can;t even get past how good it sounds after some shaping with Black Rooster Audio new Eq without sat.

I personally love all things round and punchy tonally which this provides without loss of detail or clarity. Real classy sounding. I never got into the Black Box but this is amazing. I passed on the compressor and the eq but Im not sure I'll pass on this.

hmmm and you can get some real level out of it.
Old 6th May 2021
Lives for gear

price is a little ruff, when you have all other plugins from vertigo.... but I must admit the gas is still great. I expect nothing else then greatness
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu Fontaine ➡️
...but just by the using the transformers alone gave me warmth and injected more depth. Pushing on my All Music Bus, things like high hats get pulled more into focus but are tamed in the process to certain degree.
This has been my experience so far aswell, the transformer stage alone works wonders.

@ Vertigo Sound
Atm I do not see presets, a possibility to save presets and no slots for A/B/C/D comparison. Is any of this planned further down the road?
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebatan ➡️
This has been my experience so far aswell, the transformer stage alone works wonders.

@ Vertigo Sound
Atm I do not see presets, a possibility to save presets and no slots for A/B/C/D comparison. Is any of this planned further down the road?
Hi there,

You will need to use your Daw of choice to save presets and to do a/b’ing

Vertigo Sound
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo Sound ➡️
Hi there,

You will need to use your Daw of choice to save presets and to do a/b’ing

Vertigo Sound
Got it, thx for the answer!
Old 6th May 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Would love to get my hands on this but unfortunately I'm now on the new Mac M1 system. Will you guys ever support the new Mac ARM processors?
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic ➡️
Would love to get my hands on this but unfortunately I'm now on the new Mac M1 system. Will you guys ever support the new Mac ARM processors?
Yeah we are working on it, if all goes well, should be done by the summer.

Last edited by Vertigo Sound; 6th May 2021 at 04:52 PM..
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
price is a little ruff, when you have all other plugins from vertigo.... but I must admit the gas is still great. I expect nothing else then greatness
Thanks for the kind words 👍
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu Fontaine ➡️
I am fan of the VSM-3 however I never jumped on the plugs as imo they just dont fully provide the magic I hear from the HW. This however takes a different approach that immediately grabbed my attention. I didnt even notice what this based until now but just by the using the transformers alone gave me warmth and injected more depth. Pushing on my All Music Bus, things like high hats get pulled more into focus but are tamed in the process to certain degree. Can;t even get past how good it sounds after some shaping with Black Rooster Audio new Eq without sat.

I personally love all things round and punchy tonally which this provides without loss of detail or clarity. Real classy sounding. I never got into the Black Box but this is amazing. I passed on the compressor and the eq but Im not sure I'll pass on this.

hmmm and you can get some real level out of it.
Thanks for the in-depth user feedback 👍 glad you are enjoying it.
Old 6th May 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I am completely sold and this plug is best in its class both in sound and feel. I use Apple magic mouse 2 and when you swipe it nicely with your finger up and down over the buttons, they answer absolutely fantastic and so do your other tools. I use your tools daily and I will definitely do that with this tool as well. Thank you Vertigo for making it possible to use these super audio tools. I can recommend everyone to have this tool in their toolbox.

All the best,,
JP
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpga ➡️
I am completely sold and this plug is best in its class both in sound and feel. I use Apple magic mouse 2 and when you swipe it nicely with your finger up and down over the buttons, they answer absolutely fantastic and so do your other tools. I use your tools daily and I will definitely do that with this tool as well. Thank you Vertigo for making it possible to use these super audio tools. I can recommend everyone to have this tool in their toolbox.

All the best,,
JP
Thank you JP much appreciated 🙏.
Old 6th May 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Would you consider some sort of usb dongle to be able to travel with the licenses. I have licensed stuff on computers I don’t use all the time and as far as I know there’s no way to deactivate them unless you are at that computer using the vertigo license software. I also emailed a couple months ago about having my licenses deactivated so I could start over but got no response.
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McCabe ➡️
Would you consider some sort of usb dongle to be able to travel with the licenses. I have licensed stuff on computers I don’t use all the time and as far as I know there’s no way to deactivate them unless you are at that computer using the vertigo license software. I also emailed a couple months ago about having my licenses deactivated so I could start over but got no response.
As of right now the only solution is the current solution, but who knows what will happen in the future, could you email in again and Andy will keep an eye out for the mail.

Vertigo Sound
Old 6th May 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'm sure I'll be buying this eventually. VSC-3 and VSE-2 are amazing.
Old 6th May 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Can you lowballers eventually stop moaning about the price that Vertigo Sound decided to charge?!
This is a hi-end plugin and the transformer section alone is worth the money.. if that's not within your budget feel free to leave this thread and buy some super discounted waves plugs..
Old 6th May 2021
Lives for gear

just played with it 30 min. And it sound just great!!! Really love the sound!
Old 6th May 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Checking out the demo now. As far as price goes, I've spent more money on plugins I don't even use. That's how it goes. It's only worth it if I actually use it. I can rationalize the price in my head (and wallet) by taking a broader view that a few TV placements and it will pay for itself. It adds a little dimension.I like what it does but I'm not totally sure yet.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo Sound ➡️
Yeah we are working on it, if all goes well, should be done by the summer.
getting my M1 Mini next week. Thats some bad news. So did I get it right that I can buy it for 150 EUR when I have both other Plugins, even after the introduction period?

Thanks!
Old 6th May 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Congratulations on the release! I greatly appreciate the straight and clear pricing, people have asked and the answer has been given. For a long time I've felt a bit sorry for developers.. Imagine doing your work and getting wishes and suggestions, of which some can even be angry and bitter, every time you release something. You get your mix out and flocks of people are ready to butcher you.

For me the price is fair, I believe it's good, but I can't afford it right now. I also don't need it right now, but I'm pretty sure I'll demo it at some point. Did I get this right, as I already own the other two plugins, will the bundle price (149€) stay the same later on? Or will it steer up after the intro period?

Also, I see some have had issues communicating with Vertigo... Few days ago I updated my pc to Windows 10, which for any reason broke my licenses. I contacted the customer service and they took care of my problem. Fast and friendly! Thanks for that too
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster ➡️
Congratulations on the release! I greatly appreciate the straight and clear pricing, people have asked and the answer has been given. For a long time I've felt a bit sorry for developers.. Imagine doing your work and getting wishes and suggestions, of which some can even be angry and bitter, every time you release something. You get your mix out and flocks of people are ready to butcher you.

For me the price is fair, I believe it's good, but I can't afford it right now. I also don't need it right now, but I'm pretty sure I'll demo it at some point. Did I get this right, as I already own the other two plugins, will the bundle price (149€) stay the same later on? Or will it steer up after the intro period?

Also, I see some have had issues communicating with Vertigo... Few days ago I updated my pc to Windows 10, which for any reason broke my licenses. I contacted the customer service and they took care of my problem. Fast and friendly! Thanks for that too
So the intro prices are used for the bundles. Of course you can late upgrade for €149 from the existing Bundle just email us in when you want to purchase.
Old 6th May 2021
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Good job on this, early opinions, robust sound, high quality algo, can gain some density with out shrinking and getting small whilst still holding the image, great for filling weak or uneven parts of the spectrum, transients keep intact and can enhance with no dodgy phase alerted, good inflation, swapped some hw as a test on a master and this added some goodness.

Will be purchasing and to be honest would of paid more for this tool with out a doubt. Very much worth the pennies.

You’ve brought colouring tool sw to another elevator or donkey kong level.

Solid sound, solid release!
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie-1 ➡️
Good job on this, early opinions, robust sound, high quality algo, can gain some density with out shrinking and getting small whilst still holding the image, great for filling weak or uneven parts of the spectrum, transients keep intact and can enhance with no dodgy phase alerted, good inflation, swapped some hw as a test on a master and this added some goodness.

Will be purchasing and to be honest would of paid more for this tool with out a doubt. Very much worth the pennies.

You’ve brought colouring tool sw to another elevator or donkey kong level.

Solid sound, solid release!
Thanks for the Solid Feedback 🙏
Old 6th May 2021
unr
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
As much as I don't like your no-manual-deactivation policy in the Licencer-App, as much I love the sound of this instantly.

Damn, you got me again, but pleaaaaaseeee add manual deactivation of the license.
Especially if one of my workstations breaks again, I don't want to wait 2 days to use it again.
Old 6th May 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
YO! ZozillaThaGreat! We're waiting! You did great videos on the other two. What say you? Probably already working on it.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblock ➡️
YO! ZozillaThaGreat! We're waiting! You did great videos on the other two. What say you? Probably already working on it.
+1
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Pilgrim ➡️
I'm a big fan of VSM-3. That one was developed by Brainworx. Who developed this one? Regardless of the functional differences or differences in the emulated hardware I assume this is going to be quite a bit different if it was developed by other programmers. Curious to hear peoples thoughts on it!
I think it's the same company that did the vsc 3 (compressor ) plugin , Impulse audio lab
Not to be mistaken with fuse audio labs which is run by Reimund Dratwa (former brainworxx coder and probably did the previous vsc and vsm )
https://impulse-audio-lab.com/en/
Old 6th May 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Cannot wait to try this. Shall I sleep now or go and turn my system on?! Tomorrow will be a good day!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans ➡️
Cannot wait to try this. Shall I sleep now or go and turn my system on?! Tomorrow will be a good day!
U will love it. Only bad thing is that I get a m1 mini next week and dev said plugins dont work on m1 till summer.
Old 6th May 2021
Gear Maniac

For budgetary reasons, I will only buy this with clenching teeth if it beats every other saturation plugin on the 2bus. Let's see...

So far it sounds good. Not that impressive on single channels but it works well on full mixes. Will need to do more testing.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
U will love it. Only bad thing is that I get a m1 mini next week and dev said plugins dont work on m1 till summer.
I hope you’re right! That’s too bad re M1, will it not even work in Rosetta?
📝 Reply